Author Topic: St. Patrick's Day  (Read 3885 times)

Offline exCite

• Anny Roader
  • Form Is Temporary, Class Is Permanent.
St. Patrick's Day
« on: March 8, 2018, 07:48:17 am »
Hi,

We're coming over for the game against Watford (17th) and we'll be in the city from Friday 'till Sunday.
What are the best Irish pubs in town? We're staying at the Euro Hostel, so in that area would be great.

Cheers,
Jef
We Remember them with pride,
Those mighty reds of Shankly's side.
And Kenny's boys of '88,
There's never been a side so great.

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: St. Patrick's Day
« Reply #1 on: March 8, 2018, 08:17:36 am »
All pubs in town will pretend they're Irish that day.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: March 8, 2018, 08:19:37 am »

And there'll be fuck all Irish about any of them. Stick a cardboard Shamrock on a mirror behind the bar and serve shite Guinness does not make a fucking Irish pub.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline exCite

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3 on: March 8, 2018, 08:21:28 am »
And there'll be fuck all Irish about any of them. Stick a cardboard Shamrock on a mirror behind the bar and serve shite Guinness does not make a fucking Irish pub.

That's why I'm asking which are the best Irish pubs, not any pub pretending to be Irish  ;).
And Kenny's boys of '88,

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #4 on: March 8, 2018, 08:38:29 am »
You're just around the corner from Mathew St, so Flanagans is your nearest Irish pub, right on your doorstep..big boozer with a couple of floors and always very busy - just opposite it is McCooley's..good atmos and good for watching the footy....Molly Malones is almost as near - on Victoria Street - decent alehouse and good for scoff ....a short walk away is Shenanigans on Tithebarn St...tiny boozer but the best irish alehouse in town and if you're still around on the Sunday the roast dinner they do is boss....there are more options over on Renshaw St / Ranelagh st (by Lime st station) ...but to be honest I think you'll be twatted after just doing the ones around the hostel! ...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline exCite

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5 on: March 8, 2018, 08:50:48 am »
You're just around the corner from Mathew St, so Flanagans is your nearest Irish pub, right on your doorstep..big boozer with a couple of floors and always very busy - just opposite it is McCooley's..good atmos and good for watching the footy....Molly Malones is almost as near - on Victoria Street - decent alehouse and good for scoff ....a short walk away is Shenanigans on Tithebarn St...tiny boozer but the best irish alehouse in town and if you're still around on the Sunday the roast dinner they do is boss....there are more options over on Renshaw St / Ranelagh st (by Lime st station) ...but to be honest I think you'll be twatted after just doing the ones around the hostel! ...

Cheers
And Kenny's boys of '88,

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #6 on: March 8, 2018, 01:36:45 pm »
Hi,

We're coming over for the game against Watford (17th) and we'll be in the city from Friday 'till Sunday.
What are the best Irish pubs in town? We're staying at the Euro Hostel, so in that area would be great.

Cheers,
Jef

Shenanigans on Tithebarn Street is literally 5 minutes walk from your hostel, but it will be busy on the day.
If you fancy a longer walk give Pogue Mahones on Seel Street a visit, the Guinness is the best in the city.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #7 on: March 8, 2018, 03:11:17 pm »

;D ;D
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #8 on: March 9, 2018, 12:44:30 pm »

I can’t imagine anything worse than going out on Paddy’s Day to be honest.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: March 9, 2018, 12:46:40 pm »

The only thing worse would be going out on Paddy's Day and wearing one of those stupid hats ;D
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #10 on: March 9, 2018, 12:49:12 pm »
The only thing worse would be going out on Paddy's Day and wearing one of those stupid hats ;D

I work on Ranelagh Street and it was like the end of days last year, some of the stuff I witnessed...

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: March 9, 2018, 01:02:49 pm »

I have one of those if anybody needs it...  ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Yozza1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: March 9, 2018, 02:15:38 pm »
The ones around the Ranelagh street area pretend all year round

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #13 on: March 9, 2018, 03:06:36 pm »
2 of the worst days to go out in town are Grand National day and st Patrick's Day.

The Irish pub section of town really is horrible after 5pm

The only time I ever went inside one is when one of my girlfriends friends fell off the mechanical bull and dislocated her knee and had to wait with her until the ambulance arrived
« Last Edit: March 9, 2018, 03:08:15 pm by gazzalfc »

Offline thechulloran

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: March 9, 2018, 08:05:39 pm »
Try the Blarney Stone or the Liffey
"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists" - Tom Hicks

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #15 on: March 9, 2018, 09:33:26 pm »
My Polish mate is off his ship that weekend and I've got him a match ticket. He's currently in Belfast and has sent me a photie of himself in his clobber he's bought for St Patricks. A leprachaun hat and beard. Shit. Ive said to him stuff like if you dress like that Iam sure to lose you when we've been drinking as everybody is dressed like that. His response was . . Don't worry Paul I will link you when Iam drunk.

Cack !
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #16 on: March 9, 2018, 10:05:35 pm »
So Amazon will make a fortune selling shitty green suits, big floppy hats and orange wigs so English students can pretend they are Irish.

Couldn't make it up.

Offline Tconroy

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2018, 02:52:10 pm »

Shenanigans do a Roast??

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2018, 04:37:43 pm »

Shenanigans do a Roast??

hmm...unfortunately not any more it seems.....fortunately The Railway is just over the road where a boss Sunday scoff is still assured
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2018, 04:46:20 pm »
Try the Blarney Stone or the Liffey

Fuckin hell, the Liffey was a dive years ago . Went in recently and couldn't believe it - it was even worse !
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2018, 02:27:01 pm »
I've never done it, but wouldn't mind having one or two in a proper bar and then fucking off before the animales come out.

That's the thing about St Paddys: it's usually youngsters that make it an insufferable bollocks of a day. Dickheads going around draped in a tricolour full of buckfast or WKD, thinking it makes them more 'Irish' or something. Long gone are the days of when your ma just put a wee bunch of shamrock in your jumper with a pin and that was it.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2018, 09:54:02 pm »
I've never done it, but wouldn't mind having one or two in a proper bar and then fucking off before the animales come out.

That's the thing about St Paddys: it's usually youngsters that make it an insufferable bollocks of a day. Dickheads going around draped in a tricolour full of buckfast or WKD, thinking it makes them more 'Irish' or something. Long gone are the days of when your ma just put a wee bunch of shamrock in your jumper with a pin and that was it.

Did you see the bunch of green stuff sticking out of Trump's top pocket the other day?

Looked like one of his PR staffers suddenly realised it was March the 17th and grabbed some watercress.

Online A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2018, 10:13:04 am »
Was actually a really good day - parade was decent and the music in town was great. Atmosphere was by and large great too.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2018, 05:49:24 pm »
Did you see the bunch of green stuff sticking out of Trump's top pocket the other day?

Looked like one of his PR staffers suddenly realised it was March the 17th and grabbed some watercress.
Yeah, that's always been like that with Irish presidents visiting the White House. Not sure whos idea that is.

Still, Ive seen worse...

State of that for a pint.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2018, 01:28:36 pm »
Against my better judgement, ended up going out on Saturday. First stop was The Big House which was doing a boss breakfast, followed this up by a jaunt to some absolute hovels - The Celtic Cross (used to be Smokey Mo's), Lanigan's and some other gaff on Ranelagh Street. It was fooking gruesome to be honest, ruddy faced piss heads in oversized Guinness hats, massive crowds and it was only 1pm.

Mooched down to The Head of Steam to meet some girls and it was a bit more civilised, finally gave up and headed to the proper part of town (anywhere past the Bombed Out Church) before watching the game.

Moral of the story - Saturday daytime drinking in Liverpool is boss, just not on Paddy's Day and not when its fooking freezing!
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2018, 02:40:46 pm »
Against my better judgement, ended up going out on Saturday. First stop was The Big House which was doing a boss breakfast, followed this up by a jaunt to some absolute hovels - The Celtic Cross (used to be Smokey Mo's), Lanigan's and some other gaff on Ranelagh Street. It was fooking gruesome to be honest, ruddy faced piss heads in oversized Guinness hats, massive crowds and it was only 1pm.

Mooched down to The Head of Steam to meet some girls and it was a bit more civilised, finally gave up and headed to the proper part of town (anywhere past the Bombed Out Church) before watching the game.

Moral of the story - Saturday daytime drinking in Liverpool is boss, just not on Paddy's Day and not when its fooking freezing!

And give the shit holes a wide berth. In fact good advice on any day.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2018, 09:15:44 pm »
I had my own party in my kitchen . Thank God for Guinness , The Young Wolfe Tones and youtube.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .