Author Topic: Max Clifford gets 8 years in jail & Add Now ROLF GUILTY  (Read 35077 times)

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
Re: Max Clifford gets 8 years in jail & Add Now ROLF GUILTY
« Reply #120 on: July 4, 2014, 01:56:42 pm »
Imagine if these people had the conscience and self-control to have sought some help early on for their unsavoury sexual urges, and either led ordinary lives as best they could, or became popular family entertainers without all this dark shit going on in the background. You know, consulted their superego, admitted to themselves and their loved ones that they had a problem before it led them anywhere like this, got some real treatment for it and then resolved to just use their talents for good? Imagine if wholesome characters like Rolf Harris weren't just a cynical facade, but were instead an honest, innocent reflection of their true selves. What a lovely world that would be.

That's assuming such desires can somehow be successfully treated and controlled in an individual. I wonder who will be the next icon of my childhood to be revealed as a predatory, manipulative, sick creep. Heavy sigh.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #121 on: July 4, 2014, 02:06:06 pm »
5 years 9 months for 12 offences. So just under 6 months per offence.

Never mind eh, I'm sure all those girls were well over it after 6 months.

Unbelievable really.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: July 4, 2014, 02:26:12 pm »
Don't forget the sentence is based on the punishment at the time the crimes was committed however vile & lenient we all think it is.

Offline Les Willis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: July 4, 2014, 02:31:06 pm »
All of this sort of ruins the Saturday Evening viewing from my childhood.

Rolf on Saturday OK
Jim'll Fix it

Just glad that Tom Baker was a pisshead rather than a perv..

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #124 on: July 4, 2014, 03:08:42 pm »
Got longer than i expected and from newspaper reports he may face more charges in other countries. He is finished and will never be able to set foot out of his home when he is released. anyone else hear the abuse hurled at him just walking to his car with his family. he has got what he deserved.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
Re: Max Clifford 8 Years ROLF GUILTY & JAILED for almost 6 years
« Reply #125 on: July 4, 2014, 03:14:24 pm »
I just hope he serves every day

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #126 on: July 4, 2014, 03:17:42 pm »
At his age, that is possibly a life sentence. I would not be surprised if it broke him and he died inside.

This sums up my feeling too. Predatory famous adult on vulnerable girls. I really have no sympathy. I hope the mental pain of being in prison gets close to the anguish suffered by the victims.

Offline Garcias Sangria

• Anny Roader
  • Not in The Grafton on a Friday night
« Reply #127 on: July 4, 2014, 03:22:55 pm »
Got longer than i expected and from newspaper reports he may face more charges in other countries. He is finished and will never be able to set foot out of his home when he is released. anyone else hear the abuse hurled at him just walking to his car with his family. he has got what he deserved.
What he's been given as so-called ''justice'' is nothing, it's the dirty old bastard's victims who've had a life sentence all this time.
Quote from: Owl
If some of u fucking bellends are seriously arsed about this then go to fucking sleep or knock our self out by charging straight at a wall.
It's a fucking pre season
Fuck off u twats
Quote from: Upinsmoke
Go to sleep, but it's only 2.55am

Div

Offline Terry_Tibbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: July 4, 2014, 03:24:32 pm »
Seems he could be in for a longer term if this is reviewed:
BBC Breaking News ‏@BBCBreaking  10m
Sentence given to Rolf Harris in UK referred to Attorney General for being unduly lenient http://bbc.in/1j2DN0M
Attorney General @AGO_UK 52m
We confirm Rolf Harris's sentence has been referred to us under the unduly lenient sentence scheme.
« Last Edit: July 4, 2014, 03:52:18 pm by Terry_Tibbs »

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: July 4, 2014, 03:35:01 pm »
What he's been given as so-called ''justice'' is nothing, it's the dirty old bastard's victims who've had a life sentence all this time.
Well,am all in favour of locking every pedophile up for life so it's not a matter of what he deserves. just the expected sentence, Sky news saying all day he would probably get 4 yrs so it was a bit longer than expected.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Garcias Sangria

• Anny Roader
  • Not in The Grafton on a Friday night
« Reply #130 on: July 4, 2014, 03:39:53 pm »
Well,am all in favour of locking every pedophile up for life so it's not a matter of what he deserves. just the expected sentence, Sky news saying all day he would probably get 4 yrs so it was a bit longer than expected.
Fair point.

I tend to get a bit ranty on this subject.
Quote from: Owl
If some of u fucking bellends are seriously arsed about this then go to fucking sleep or knock our self out by charging straight at a wall.
It's a fucking pre season
Fuck off u twats
Quote from: Upinsmoke
Go to sleep, but it's only 2.55am

Div

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: July 4, 2014, 04:01:58 pm »
Fair point.

I tend to get a bit ranty on this subject.
:)
Yeah. you cant help having strong feelings on this subject. half of the time your expecting them to get a slap on the wrist when the public want a long sentence. i agree, the courts should give a lot more consideration to the victims.
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: July 4, 2014, 04:24:42 pm »
Plenty of scope for him to be called back to court should others step forward, as with Stuart Hall.  But in all honesty the pair of them should have been told they'd die in jail.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: July 4, 2014, 05:27:06 pm »
Him and all of his sort are nothing but the shit of my shoe, and that says a lot when my shoes have walked a lot of miles through shit. If this ever happened to someone i loved, forget them doing time, they wouldn't be here, i'd be behind bars.

It's a shame that retrospectively they can only be tried under legislation at the time, however at their ages, that will be just long enough no doubt, and be sure they'll get a rough ride in the nick all right.

I despise anyone who takes advantage of those who are vulnerable, and i'm sure there are more to come out the woodwork.
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline Gerry83

• Meff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Used to be Jeff, too much crystal
« Reply #134 on: July 4, 2014, 08:31:03 pm »
I just want to add my opinion and say i still like Rolf Harris, the entertainer and the part i remember growing up of course

The other side of him which has emerged is disgusting and vile and as a parent myself he deserves jail and justice has been served.

The sentence was fair in my opinion and I hope it brings closure for all involved. 

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #135 on: July 4, 2014, 08:31:52 pm »
I just want to add my opinion and say i still like Rolf Harris, the entertainer and the part i remember growing up of course

The other side of him which has emerged is disgusting and vile and as a parent myself he deserves jail and justice has been served.

The sentence was fair in my opinion and I hope it brings closure for all involved. 
It's impossible to separate your memories form what you've just heard though isn't it?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: July 4, 2014, 08:36:11 pm »
I hope his cell mate jumps down from his bunk first night ,lobs his cock out and says "can you tell what it is yet".

Disgusting man who imo should of got a lot longer than the 6 years given ,hopefully the review changes that.

Offline Gerry83

• Meff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Used to be Jeff, too much crystal
« Reply #137 on: July 4, 2014, 09:03:09 pm »
It's impossible to separate your memories form what you've just heard though isn't it?

Of course. Forever tarnished. Although some of the reactions wishing him dead in jail etc is a bit over the top imo.

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #138 on: July 4, 2014, 09:04:08 pm »
I just find it all so heartbreaking. I feel for the young girls he assaulted and whose ingenuous trust he took advantage of; I feel for his family, who now need to decide if they can ever forgive him or whether they ever should; I feel for myself, for the disfigurement of another innocent part of my life tucked away back there, the shattering of what now I see was just a fond childhood illusion.

Everyone coming out with what they'd do to him if they got him in a room to themselves... I'm sorry, I know I'm a softarse, but I couldn't bring myself to do physical harm to Rolf Harris. He'll die in prison, or else come out a frail and broken man, the damage will have been done, have no fear. The damage is vast and irreversible, and I don't believe he will be completely immune to sincere guilt now that it's all confronted him at once, unignorably and inescapably. Is that enough? In a way, no; in a way, yes.

The truly hard question is not what you'd do if a dear loved one was the victim, but if they were the perpetrator. At the extreme end of crimes of this ilk, utter severance of all ties and disownership would seem the only option... but that's easier said than done with someone you love deeply and been close to for much of/all your life. And what of the crimes that while still vile, are not so extreme? If the victms can forgive them, can you? I cannot even contemplate such matters of the heart.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline gary75

• Despite all his care, he suffers from a sticky ring.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #139 on: July 4, 2014, 09:21:41 pm »
Don't know what the solution is, but Rolf has lived his life, earned his fortune and had a fantastic existence at the expense of innocent child's lives.
They have continued to suffer for years after being abused and yet this creature has the opportunity to be free again in two and a half years?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #140 on: July 4, 2014, 09:52:24 pm »
Don't know what the solution is, but Rolf has lived his life, earned his fortune and had a fantastic existence at the expense of innocent child's lives.
They have continued to suffer for years after being abused and yet this creature has the opportunity to be free again in two and a half years?

Hopefully they have the chance to sue him for damages.

You have to feel for Rolf's wife too, another innocent party in this all.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #141 on: July 4, 2014, 09:53:26 pm »

See, this is what gets me.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #142 on: July 5, 2014, 03:23:10 pm »
I hope his cell mate jumps down from his bunk first night ,lobs his cock out and says "can you tell what it is yet".

Disgusting man who imo should of got a lot longer than the 6 years given ,hopefully the review changes that.
I'd guess at his age he'd have no cell mate.

Offline KennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
Max Clifford gets 8 years in jail & Add Now ROLF GUILTY
« Reply #143 on: July 5, 2014, 03:32:28 pm »

He will but it'll be another nonce or a vulnerable prisoner.

It won't get extended neither, they're governed by sentencing guidelines and for this offence that's about right. I'm sure it'll get thrown out, it's got to be absurdly wrong for it to be changed.

On another note, what damage will this do to the value of his paintings. I've got a couple here, do you reckon they'll now be worthless ??

Hopefully he kills himself and they'll increase in value.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: July 5, 2014, 03:49:34 pm »
On another note, what damage will this do to the value of his paintings. I've got a couple here, do you reckon they'll now be worthless ??

Dunno.  What are Gary Glitter's records going for lately?

Popcorn's Art

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #145 on: July 5, 2014, 03:52:15 pm »
He will but it'll be another nonce or a vulnerable prisoner.

It won't get extended neither, they're governed by sentencing guidelines and for this offence that's about right. I'm sure it'll get thrown out, it's got to be absurdly wrong for it to be changed.

There was as segment on the news last night about this. Consensus being that the value of his paintings on Ebay have decreased by about 70-80 percent.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #146 on: July 5, 2014, 04:12:27 pm »
Dunno.  What are Gary Glitter's records going for lately?

I've got a peculiar record in my collection.

It's a Record made by BBC DJ Ed Stewart otherwise known as "Stewpot". It's a very bizarre record indeed. What does chill the bones a bit is that in the middle of one of the songs, none other than 'special guest' Gary Glitter is invited to sing a song with the kids. Truly bizarre indeed.
« Last Edit: July 5, 2014, 04:17:32 pm by Kidder. »
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: July 5, 2014, 04:18:39 pm »
Aye I know ,I just wanted to get the 'can you tell what it is yet' line in somehow ;)

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: July 5, 2014, 05:11:18 pm »
There was as segment on the news last night about this. Consensus being that the value of his paintings on Ebay have decreased by about 70-80 percent.

Rolf had a display on in Liverpool recently (last 18 months or so) if memory serves.  Just thinking of his Rolferoo makes me wince.

Popcorn's Art

Offline KennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: July 5, 2014, 05:34:23 pm »

Rolf had a display on in Liverpool recently (last 18 months or so) if memory serves.  Just thinking of his Rolferoo makes me wince.

The whitewall gallery in Liverpool one which is full of semi decent paintings was all Rolf until this.

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #150 on: July 6, 2014, 07:41:41 pm »
Vanessa Feltz has come out saying that Rolf groped her on live TV.

Continually on 11,420.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: July 6, 2014, 09:49:29 pm »
Vanessa Feltz has come out saying that Rolf groped her on live TV.

Bloody hell, man's already been punished.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #152 on: July 7, 2014, 09:46:35 am »
Yes because being groped by a convicted sex offender is a joking matter  ::)
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline DJBrenton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: July 7, 2014, 10:00:26 am »
Well groping Vanessa Feltz certainly isn't
I have no children on RAWK. Anyone claiming to be my daughter is a blagger trying to bask in reflected glory.

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
bollocks

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #155 on: July 8, 2014, 02:56:19 pm »
You have to feel for Rolf's wife too, another innocent party in this all.

I always wonder about things like this

was she truly innocent

did she know more than she ever let on or did she convince herself that he wasnt what she thought he may have been

I havnt read anywhere that she was complicit in any way

but for me anyway, you have to wonder what a spouse knows

personally I find it hard to describe her as quite innocent given how long he has been doing this and that at some point the whole family knew about his affair with his daughters best friend

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #157 on: July 8, 2014, 08:01:41 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkzxGr4Yx8U

I remember seeing that - it wasn't banned as far as I know. The joke was that Rolf n Saturday was a shit show:

The footage, first broadcast in December 1980 in episode seven, series three of the BBC comedy show, was described as "revealing" by online commentators and posted on the blog of the former Daily Telegraph columnist Norman Lebrecht with the caption: "Watch, and wonder. Who knew?"

Lloyd said that he and the team had been making a "pathetically mild" joke about how they "had to drum up an audience for a terrible Saturday show" - and that it was "awful" to look back on the video in the wake of Harris' sex abuse convictions.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/rolf-harris-not-the-nine-oclock-news-childsnatching-sketch-makes-bbc-producer-john-lloyds-blood-run-cold-looking-back-now-9589966.html
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #158 on: July 8, 2014, 08:10:34 pm »
I remember seeing that - it wasn't banned as far as I know. The joke was that Rolf n Saturday was a shit show:

The footage, first broadcast in December 1980 in episode seven, series three of the BBC comedy show, was described as "revealing" by online commentators and posted on the blog of the former Daily Telegraph columnist Norman Lebrecht with the caption: "Watch, and wonder. Who knew?"

Lloyd said that he and the team had been making a "pathetically mild" joke about how they "had to drum up an audience for a terrible Saturday show" - and that it was "awful" to look back on the video in the wake of Harris' sex abuse convictions.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/rolf-harris-not-the-nine-oclock-news-childsnatching-sketch-makes-bbc-producer-john-lloyds-blood-run-cold-looking-back-now-9589966.html

Reeks of Kenneth Tynan. Not in the same vein of course, but talk about sticking the flag up.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #159 on: July 9, 2014, 08:53:32 am »
Of course. Forever tarnished. Although some of the reactions wishing him dead in jail etc is a bit over the top imo.

well i dont fucking think it is ott  the fucking shitbag. Can you see what it is yet. Yea my fist you twisted c*nt .
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."