Author Topic: General West Ham thread  (Read 405734 times)

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: General West Ham thread
« Reply #2640 on: May 21, 2018, 03:34:25 pm »
Sounds like Pellegrini then.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2641 on: May 21, 2018, 04:25:31 pm »

He is a decent fella,too nice for that gang of twats though & will be gone by Christmas.

£7m a year  ;D
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #2642 on: May 21, 2018, 05:10:29 pm »
Actually a very good coach, but a weird fit for some reason.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2643 on: May 21, 2018, 06:08:52 pm »
Actually a very good coach, but a weird fit for some reason.
its the owners that’s the weird in it

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2644 on: May 22, 2018, 07:30:36 am »
Looks like Pellegrini will be confirmed today - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44163423.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2645 on: May 22, 2018, 07:56:26 am »
This will end in tears. Again.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2646 on: May 22, 2018, 08:52:26 am »
Surprisingly good appointment for them.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2647 on: May 22, 2018, 09:04:52 am »
Great manager but not exactly a long term appointment which I think they needed.. what is he like late 60’s?

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2648 on: May 22, 2018, 09:05:32 am »
Great manager but not exactly a long term appointment which I think they needed.. what is he like late 60’s?

65 in September according to Wikipedia.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2649 on: May 22, 2018, 09:08:59 am »

Mid 60s. He just looks like he died about 5 years ago.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #2650 on: May 22, 2018, 09:38:09 am »

Long term in the premier league is anything past 12 months. Its not what it once was.

Offline WEST HAM PAUL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles
« Reply #2651 on: May 22, 2018, 09:57:57 am »
Cautiously optimistic , on paper a good appointment
Funds available for him is the big question

Ridiculous comments about his age of 64

Wenger is 68 & Ferguson retired at 73 he didn’t do to bad in his last 9 years

Fortunes Always Hiding. 

And The Sun Shines Now

Sex bombs to the left of me would be playboy bunnies to the right and here I am stuck in the middle with my pasty white bird.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #2652 on: May 22, 2018, 10:11:59 am »

I don't think he would come to fight relegation - he is an appointment to try and break into that top 7 IMO. Just as you say, if he is given the funds.

So many old and injury prone players at WHU - Zabaletta, Evra, Collins, Carroll - even the some of your best players like Antonio and Reid can be injury prone. Hope he gets rid of the the first batch and invests in players who will be available for 90% of the season.

Hope Chicharito sticks around too!

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2653 on: May 22, 2018, 10:22:35 am »
Mid 60s. He just looks like he died about 5 years ago.
:lmao

I don't get how West Ham pulled this off, good appointment. I suppose they've already done Pardew, Allardyce, Moyes.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #2654 on: May 22, 2018, 10:25:30 am »
I quite like Pellegrini, seems a good guy!  Good coach clearly, as he showed way before he went to money bags Man City. I hated the disrespect that their a-hole fans showed him too, so it makes me like him a bit more  ;D

No clue how he'll do at West Ham, they seem to be a bit of a mess behind the scenes. But it's nice to see them appoint him rather than jump on the boring old British manager merry-go-round - yet again.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2655 on: May 22, 2018, 10:25:56 am »
I don't think he would come to fight relegation - he is an appointment to try and break into that top 7 IMO. Just as you say, if he is given the funds.

So many old and injury prone players at WHU - Zabaletta, Evra, Collins, Carroll - even the some of your best players like Antonio and Reid can be injury prone. Hope he gets rid of the the first batch and invests in players who will be available for 90% of the season.

They binned Collins by email  ;D  I hope that they give Evra & Zabaletta 5yr deals & also buy a few more past their sell by date 'experienced' players

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2656 on: May 22, 2018, 10:30:29 am »
Good Manager but will he really be right for a project such as West Ham? There is a lot of upheaval to be done there.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2657 on: May 22, 2018, 10:30:52 am »

Not really ridiculous at all , pal. Wenger has just left after 20 plus years as did Ferguson when he was 73... Pellegrini is 65 walking into a new job following what looked like one last big pay day in China.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2658 on: May 22, 2018, 10:43:10 am »
Not really ridiculous at all , pal. Wenger has just left after 20 plus years as did Ferguson when he was 73... Pellegrini is 65 walking into a new job following what looked like one last big pay day in China.

Jupp Heynckes just won the Bundesliga @ 73.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2659 on: May 22, 2018, 10:45:21 am »
With Bayern. He could have been 103 and still won that.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2660 on: May 22, 2018, 10:48:42 am »

Not really comparable as he was only caretaker & retired again when the season finished.

Plus it is West Ham we're talking about.

Offline WEST HAM PAUL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2661 on: May 22, 2018, 10:54:11 am »

Er yes he’s on 3 year contract not 22 years & would be great if he saw out 5 years . In modern football that’s exceptional
Fortunes Always Hiding. 

And The Sun Shines Now

Sex bombs to the left of me would be playboy bunnies to the right and here I am stuck in the middle with my pasty white bird.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2662 on: May 22, 2018, 10:58:29 am »
Pellegrini looks like quite a laissez-faire coach from a distance, Ancelottiesque if you will. I'm not sure West Ham need somebody like that, I wouldn't want to hand a squad like that a lot of responsibility. Works great when you're coaching superstars, not so much when you're coaching mediocre footballers.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #2663 on: May 22, 2018, 10:58:55 am »
Good Manager but will he really be right for a project such as West Ham? There is a lot of upheaval to be done there.
What is the project at West Ham?  It’s a word you hear a lot but it usually means some kind of long-term plan like at City.  I don’t feel like there’s anything long-term about West Ham except the stadium, and that’s done.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2664 on: May 22, 2018, 10:59:48 am »
How can this be?

A week ago half you clever dicks were saying Rafa was walking out on Newcastle and going to West Ham.    :P

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2665 on: May 22, 2018, 11:00:18 am »
Pellegrini looks like quite a laissez-faire coach from a distance, Ancelottiesque if you will. I'm not sure West Ham need somebody like that, I wouldn't want to hand a squad like that a lot of responsibility. Works great when you're coaching superstars, not so much when you're coaching mediocre footballers.
Underselling him a bit when you look at what he did with Vilarreal and Malaga, hardly full of superstars.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2666 on: May 22, 2018, 11:01:00 am »
Underselling him a bit when you look at what he did with Vilarreal and Malaga, hardly full of superstars.

Those teams had WAY more quality than West Ham. Riquelme, Forlan, Godin and Isco were lacing it up for them for a start. Malaga 2011/12 had Isco, Cazorla, Monreal, Toulalan, Joaquin, Demichelis, Camacho, Baptista. Quality West Ham could only dream of.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 11:04:22 am by Gerry Attrick »

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2667 on: May 22, 2018, 11:04:28 am »
Pellegrini is a likeable figure. He has to do something to sort out their wretched defence, otherwise West Ham will be back in a relegation dogfight

Offline WEST HAM PAUL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2668 on: May 22, 2018, 11:09:38 am »

Top 7 is optimistic  Ciara 😁

As you say a lot to do with a very disjointed squad.
He needs time & to me success is top 10 & a cup run as a bonus. To stop having this almost annual relegation battles would be nice .

This is a manager with 30 years experience across 3 continents , managed at the highest level & won trophies. This is no Tim Sherwood & Pellegrini is vastly experienced.

West Ham couldn’t ask for more really. Truth is he needs about £60-80 million just to break regular top 10
Fortunes Always Hiding. 

And The Sun Shines Now

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2669 on: May 22, 2018, 11:30:22 am »
Pellegrini, Lanzini*, and one or two others, and a bit of luck, and they could be playing decent football and doing well next season. The dark days of Sam and Moyes a distant memory.

*Based on seeing him play once but he looked boss then :D

Offline bird_lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2670 on: May 22, 2018, 12:43:31 pm »

Er yes he’s on 3 year contract not 22 years & would be great if he saw out 5 years . In modern football that’s exceptional

I meant in a sense that he was coming in at an older age, you used Wenger and Ferguson as examples of older managers but they were part of the furniture at these clubs at this age

Anyway, don’t mean to sound overly negative - from what I’ve seen he’s a likeable character and he has a very respected career . I just thought they might go long term but yeah I suppose your right in saying 5 years is long term in football nowadays!

They are local to me , the fans I know are all sound and they’ve given us money for the likes of Downing and Carroll In the past so I hope West Ham do well.. it’s again like Newcastle just a shame about owners

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2671 on: May 22, 2018, 12:51:19 pm »
Pellegrini will get them playing proper football and the more clubs that do that, the better it is for us.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #2672 on: May 22, 2018, 01:17:14 pm »
Pellegrini will get them playing proper football and the more clubs that do that, the better it is for us.

He has to have the players though. Recruitment this summer is massive for them and odds are they're gonna fuck up again.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
« Reply #2673 on: May 22, 2018, 03:49:10 pm »
"el Pelle" -as we call him here ;D- is a good manager; sorta underrated/underappreciated even by Chileans because he's a bit more "old fashioned" (he's the most notable disciple of Fernando Riera, a very famous Chilean manager who took our national team to third place in the 1962 WC - and also managed to win the Portuguese League with Benfica) than a proponent of an "all-out attacking" style that is preferred here. Even winning the PL with City that season ( :butt) wasn't enough for some - basically the old "he had amazing players, of course he should've won the Premier. It would've been a complete failure if he didn't!" card.

He managed to take Villarreal to the semis of the CL back then, too. That's one hell of an accomplishment IMHO and deserving of a lot of respect.

Anyway, I wish him the best. WHU isn't a club I particularly dislike so I hope he can do some good there and manages to 'steady the ship' (ugh) after some turbulent seasons.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2674 on: May 22, 2018, 03:57:08 pm »
Maybe at City, but his Villarreal and Malaga teams were anything but.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2675 on: May 22, 2018, 05:22:05 pm »
Pellegrini is a good appointment. A good coach who plays attacking football. He also has a history of overachieving with smaller teams in Spain.

Their squad makeup and transfer strategy will need to change to if they want to achieve anything more than relegation battles and mid-table mediocrity. Been linked with Yaya Toure now. They need to stop signing aging players based on reputation; Evra, Zabaleta, Arbeloa, Hart etc and the list goes on and on and all of them have been failures.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #2676 on: May 22, 2018, 05:43:53 pm »
How can this be?

A week ago half you clever dicks were saying Rafa was walking out on Newcastle and going to West Ham.    :P

Nah, he's having a look at Everton, I hear.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2677 on: May 22, 2018, 05:47:43 pm »
How can this be?

Don't blame us for being optimistic!
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2678 on: May 22, 2018, 08:07:29 pm »
Bit of a coup for them isn't this? Going from Moyes to Pellegrini, can't complain with that. Seems like a decent bloke and his teams play nice stuff.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2679 on: May 22, 2018, 09:39:19 pm »
Harry Redknapp says West Ham should have “appointed one of the great young managers in this country” instead of Manuel Pellegrini. The same Harry Redknapp who's been keeping these young managers out of jobs for years.  ::)