Author Topic: Petr Cech  (Read 18276 times)

Offline Malski

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • "There's no place like 127.0.0.1"
Re: Petr Cech
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2007, 08:05:50 am »
Every goalkeeper should be applauded imo. One of the things that makes the kop special. The discussion over Cech is mute though, he won't play.

Agree, thought this was supposed to be part of the RTK.

Offline 4everredrichie

• Anny Roader
  • Give yourselves the chance to be heroes!!!
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2007, 08:27:18 am »
It'll be good to see Cech back after what happened, but if he plays against us then balls to him!
Why should we make him feel comfortable at an away match? Never understand that!
On the other hand, if Hillario plays, we'll be too busy laughing at him; he's shit!!  ;D
"GAME WELL AND TRULY OVER..." ! ! !

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2007, 08:28:49 am »
Agree, thought this was supposed to be part of the RTK.

RTK not OTK
Yep.

Offline docker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2007, 09:48:43 am »
i applaud, because thats what i was educated to do all those years standing on the kop? infact one wag described it like this to me when i asked that very same question, every manager spews out his battle orders before they cross the line, that the opposition (lfc) fucking hate us?
so you see it has worked in the past, and it will forever work. confused? well what do you think the fucking keeper is then?
block 107

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2007, 10:47:55 am »
Fuck him, last season the ignorant twat had a great reception into the Kop and ignored us so much that John Terry was screaming at him to acknowledge the applause and he still didnt, i hope he does play and we still beat them that will mean all the dickhead cfc fans cant complain about their team being weak, just hope Arsenal turn the scum over , i would hate to see them go further ahead, we beat Chelsea and Arse turn them over it makes it slightly more interesting, you never know , big noise on Saturday scare the fuckers to death
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Offline XabiAlonsoXabi

• GoneBabyGone
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2007, 11:11:22 am »
I have no problem with people clapping him although I personally wont be but its a bit odd all this is being discussed while our own special goalkeeper doesnt even have a song yet.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2007, 11:28:38 am »
Every goalkeeper should be applauded imo. One of the things that makes the kop special. The discussion over Cech is mute though, he won't play.

Turn the sound up then, you might be able to hear it ;)

Offline Jin

• ky
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2007, 11:33:00 am »
Lets hope hes a little bit rusty on the day.

Offline Throxenby

• Has a date with Fat Frank sometime in 2007
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2007, 11:43:34 am »
each to their own.
however, after that i wanna see sly little passes inbetween the returning JT and PC (if playing) lets see how much he fancies sliding out for it with kuyt or SG steaming in.
God bless the skywashed for they know not what they do.

Offline Tuesday

• Kopite
  • Alright Aldo?
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2007, 11:45:42 am »
He's just a dyslexic Petr Crch.
Sound as a pound!

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2007, 11:49:37 am »
Petr Cech will play after coming through his latest public work-out - wearing the padded helmet he has been given the go-ahead to use - before the game.

Mourinho said: "From Monday I have a £50million player and we don't have to pay for him. He is ready to play, and he is the best goalkeeper in the world.

Think Chelsea players will get up set when any off our players challenge Cech  ,

Can see players  having a go at each other over corners etc.

Offline Don Vito Corleone

• I want you all to call me Loretta
  • Legacy Fan
  • They talk when they should be listening
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2007, 04:57:32 pm »
Petr Cech will play after coming through his latest public work-out - wearing the padded helmet he has been given the go-ahead to use - before the game.

Mourinho said: "From Monday I have a £50million player and we don't have to pay for him. He is ready to play, and he is the best goalkeeper in the world.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 04:59:58 pm by Don Vito Corleone »
"I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life--I don't apologize--to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those bigshots. I don't apologize--that's my life--but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string."

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2007, 05:13:14 pm »
Of course he should be applauded - he's a great keeper and follows in the line of the many greats who have been appreciated by the Kop over the years. And coming back from such a serious injury deserves particular praise.

RTK
If you're going to sign up on Betfair and fancy getting a free £25 on sign-up then use my refer code 749DCNQGK and I'll also get a £25 bonus ;)

Offline mcevand

• Anny Roader
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2007, 05:20:22 pm »
Just a quick comment on this RTK, seeing as when we played Bordeaux and sections of the kop got slated for taking the piss out of their fans, does this mean that from now on we welcome Chelsea, United, Arsenal, Everton etc with open arms as RTK states, and if not, isn't this just blatant hypocrisy?

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat.
  • Super Title: Coming soon! Official Launch May 2008
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2007, 05:22:48 pm »

Mourinho said:

speaking of helmets...
I'm no longer on RAWK, but if you need to contact me about anything, you can email me on nigelmorrison@connectfree.co.uk

Offline Red Squiggle

• Legacy Fan
  • Raaaaaaaafaaaaaaa in Iiiiiiiiistanbuuuuuuuuul
    • Venus in Faux Official Webpage
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2007, 06:15:38 pm »
speaking of helmets...

;D

Can't for the life of me fathom why we should boo Cech. Tell you what, lets only sing anti Chelsea songs. Like at Blackburn. Cos you know, them conceding an (admittedly hilario-us) goal to Reading meant fuck all as we didn't turn up for the game afterwards either. Saw Evo's posts about not leaving it in the pub before the Arsenal FA Cup game, what about leaving it in the concourse, when watching Chelsea, against Blackburn.

To me, he's just another opposition keeper. There's at least 19 different ones a season. Some who've been here before, some who haven't. While we can't have some cheeky Kopite running out and giving them a handbag every game (life time ban anyone) like they used to do to Gordon whatsisface (cheers My Youth, My Kop!) applauding them for one minute before barracking them the rest of the half is fair enough. Right. Going to play footy meslef now. Will applaud the opposing goalie before the game too.

Offline Ste G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2007, 06:22:46 pm »
Probably the best keeper in the world and has overcome an awful injury. Deserves a great ovation - if he plays, which I doubt.

Rivalry starts at kick off. Opposing goalkeepers should always be shown respect, Cech especially so.

Offline Armin

• Reformed RAWK Traitor
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm up on the pavement
  • Super Title: Keep off the Grass!
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2007, 06:31:04 pm »
I'd applaud him or any other goalie who turns up. I won't lower myself to their level -  my action depends upon their reaction ? No, I'd rather be me and have the traditions we have.

Exactly.
Well, I don't know what it is, but there's definitely something going on upstairs

Offline mctavish

• Kopite
  • get that bus out
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2007, 06:54:06 pm »
Cech will play, Chelsea are desparate, and he is twice the keeper Hilario and Cudicini are.
He will probably play in a helmet. We need to put him under pressure, and give him some 'accidental' stray elbows at corners etc

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2007, 06:59:32 pm »
Rudolf ( Schmeichel) never got clapped, he's probably the only one I remember getting proper boos and abuse from the whole Kop. I've heard some grief, but nothing like the stuff he got.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline Kaizer

• Quaresmatic
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wonder is the beginning of wisdom.
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2007, 07:00:36 pm »
If Cech is not 100% ready for the match, The FA should not allow him to play because it could give our strikers a psychological disadvantage in certain 50/50 challenges.

They might go easy on him because of the injury he got earlier.

Apart from that I agree with Rushian on this.

Of course he should be applauded - he's a great keeper and follows in the line of the many greats who have been appreciated by the Kop over the years. And coming back from such a serious injury deserves particular praise.

RTK
There will always be more sheep than shepherds.

“One of my favourites is Ricardo Quaresma. The day I go back to coaching I will do everything possible to sign him. Quaresma could make any club have that extra step up in quality.” - M.Lippi, August 2007

Just fuckin sign him!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzSNuQHwZLE

Offline jonesyb

• How many cans of Efes would it take to fill 5 European Cups?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • I'll have one more then I'm going on the piss!
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2007, 07:37:59 pm »
The rules of the kop tell us to applaud every keeper that stands in front of the kop. Even if Gary Neville turned out wearing number 1 id give him a clap. The kop rules also tell us that if he doesn't acknowledge the reception-"let him have it". That must be carried out as well.

Dont think Cech will play though,not fit enough. Screw him if he comes out and turns his back to the Kop. He will have to turn towards us when he picks the ball out of the net!
"what d'ye mean ye broke yer leg? Thats Liverpool's bloody leg"
Shankly to Tommy Smith

Offline Piledriver

• Anny Roader
  • There will be six minutes extra time..........
« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2007, 07:47:42 pm »
Cech will not be playing Terry will not we are spending to much time on these cockney wide boy rent boys lets just beat them PS always applaude the condemmed man when approaching the kop end

Offline Scarlet`

• Low profile with wide rims
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96!!!
    • Laconius Arts and Design
« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2007, 08:04:21 pm »
Applaud Cech or we'll look like asses
If Ayre got £25m out of them he's willing to fuck all the female members of my family on Sunday's.

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2007, 08:06:19 pm »
Rudolf ( Schmeichel) never got clapped, he's probably the only one I remember getting proper boos and abuse from the whole Kop. I've heard some grief, but nothing like the stuff he got.

Nah, he always got a half-arsed reception and plenty still clapped with a few giving out abuse.
If you're going to sign up on Betfair and fancy getting a free £25 on sign-up then use my refer code 749DCNQGK and I'll also get a £25 bonus ;)

Offline BigV

• Legacy Fan
  • Fight on!
« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2007, 08:16:02 pm »
Just a quick comment on this RTK, seeing as when we played Bordeaux and sections of the kop got slated for taking the piss out of their fans, does this mean that from now on we welcome Chelsea, United, Arsenal, Everton etc with open arms as RTK states, and if not, isn't this just blatant hypocrisy?

What's the problem with Bordeaux fans?  No history of rivarly and travelling opposition fans from Europe are traditionally given a bit more respect.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2007, 09:49:18 pm »

I was in the Anny Road the end we attacked in the 2nd half against Manchester City in Schmiechel's final game at Anfield and he was applauded when he came out for the 2nd half. He was outstanding during that 2nd half I seem to recall.

Offline jim.lfc

• Kemlynite
  • Always the King
« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2007, 10:05:13 pm »
I think he should be applauded, as all keepers are, and then barracked for the rest of the game, including getting a BIG fucking challange in on him from sami / carra etc at the first few corners.

See if he's got balls.
Quite right. The one thing we must do is put him under pressure and see if his nerve is fully restored. I don't think he will play but if he does he will only have had a few hours training and that (you would assume) will be with all his squadmates told to not go near him with any real challenges.
He should be applauded if only because he is a class act. You can't win the league without a class keeper and Chec is that alright. We as Liverpool supporters are famed for our knowledge of the game and our fairness. To boo the guy or not applaud him would be to belittle ourselves just as much as the Chelsea keeper and therefore wrong. IMO

Offline XabiAlonsoXabi

• GoneBabyGone
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2007, 01:01:41 am »
Out of interest, if he's 100% fine like he says he is, how come he has to wear a head thingy? Surely if he's 100% fine he doesnt need protecting from anything?

Offline RedMike-86-

• Thrice surprised
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2007, 01:05:38 am »
I'd applaud him or any other goalie who turns up. I won't lower myself to their level -  my action depends upon their reaction ? No, I'd rather be me and have the traditions we have.

What he said for me as well.
In the land of the witless, the half-wit is king.

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
  • DING DING ! All aboard the offended bus
« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2007, 01:28:43 am »
aye applaud  the cnt then hope he trips up while reaching for our 4th goal and is out for the rest of the season.....

cmon ye reds
JFT96

Offline iancr7

• Im sorry but who are you again ?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • likes men in uniform
« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2007, 01:48:18 am »

RTK

spot on !
brummie born and (b)red

Offline sull14

• Legacy Fan
  • Random Avatar Title.
« Reply #72 on: January 16, 2007, 01:51:27 am »
I think it's imperative he gets a very good reception. I'm sure he will acknowledge it.
JFT96

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: January 16, 2007, 08:29:25 am »
with his new headgear.

Offline LincsRedbob

• Legacy Fan
  • Hold your head up high
« Reply #74 on: January 16, 2007, 08:45:13 am »
Applaud the man when he comes towards the Kop make him feel in fear/respect and in awe of us. If he fails to respond give the man as much shit as you can for 96 minutes.

That way we justify what the Kop is about

Dont lower yourselfs
Fought them all the way. Proud to be amongst some great supporters.

SOS member 4969        12.09.12 JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #75 on: January 16, 2007, 08:47:04 am »

RTK

Yes , but does all keepers get applaud or just the keeper's who the kop hold in high respect

{ as evo listed some Banks, Jennings, Shilton, Flowers, Given, Clemence etc. }

Offline Joe Rogans Chin

• Has an uncanny grasp of Aldo's balls
  • Legacy Fan
  • I Don't Know What It Is But I Love It
« Reply #76 on: January 16, 2007, 11:37:07 am »
Ok - most agree we clap him;
Stretching the limits of gamesmanship, would fellow reds be against the idea of playing the first 10 minutes Aussie rules style, basically bombarding the box with high balls & cross's to see what the goalie is made of? I just think with Terry out & a likely centre back pairing of Carvalho & Essien, then it's something we should try & expolit.

Offline jamo84

• Anny Roader
  • above us only sky
« Reply #77 on: January 16, 2007, 11:55:25 am »
i do like his headgear
<<<<< BIH >>>>>Bring Igor Home

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
« Reply #78 on: January 16, 2007, 11:57:18 am »
Yes , but does all keepers get applaud or just the keeper's who the kop hold in high respect

{ as evo listed some Banks, Jennings, Shilton, Flowers, Given, Clemence etc. }

All.

Offline DannyD

• Son Of Millie Tant. General Secretary of the National Union of Ice Cream Miners
  • Legacy Fan
  • 60 Years torment for Palestinians make it the last
« Reply #79 on: January 16, 2007, 12:08:34 pm »
I know this isn't a CL Semi Final and Cech has just come back from a serious injury. But having been in the Kop for Cech's 4 previous appearances at Anfield where he’s ignored our applause I'm tempted to boo him especially with this being our best chance to beat them in the Premiership under Rafa to date IMO.

If he plays he won'r hear you with that Biggles hat on is ed.
I lay before you a plan of freedom - adopt it, and you rid the world of inequality, misery, and crime. A martyr in your cause, I am become the prophet of your salvation.