Author Topic: The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns)  (Read 2204121 times)

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
They have to make excuses for Lampard.

Otherwise they'd have to admit they were wrong for wanting him in the first place.
It's almost as if hiring a manager because he once told your city rivals manager to fuck off is a bad idea.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
The £30m figure always stuck in my head because in relative terms it seemed like peanuts, given the amount of cash in the game even then. It almost seemed ludicrous that such a development would come to nothing over such a relatively small amount of money.

30 million wouldn't have been far off Everton's annual turnover 20 years ago so relatively a high figure but they should have been able to find the finance for such an opportunity

Even so the ultimate missed opportunity. Stadiums were built with change from 30 mill late 90s into 2000s.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
They flirted with relegation pretty regularly in the early 2000s did they not?
They were a regular near the bottom during the early-00s but there was only once they really flirted with it and that was 03/04 and if Leeds weren't imploding at the time they probably could have gone down then.

Offline Trotterwatch

• Legacy Fan
Quite understandable really, Richarlison didn't score for them after October/November in the season he was there and there's zero point in Watford fans getting attached to any manager

I'd not sure why he is rated so highly, he stands out as one of the best players in an awful side.  His scoring record both domestically and internationally is not at all impressive - look at the teams he's scored against with Brazil.

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
I'd not sure why he is rated so highly, he stands out as one of the best players in an awful side.  His scoring record both domestically and internationally is not at all impressive - look at the teams he's scored against with Brazil.
Outside of Uraguy that scoring record in internationals isn't really impressive.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
30 million wouldn't have been far off Everton's annual turnover 20 years ago so relatively a high figure but they should have been able to find the finance for such an opportunity

Even so the ultimate missed opportunity. Stadiums were built with change from 30 mill late 90s into 2000s.
Would have still been fucking freezing mind.
Every time I've been around Kings dock it's blowing a gale, it doesn't get any less cold being a bit up river.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
Outside of Uraguy that scoring record in internationals isn't really impressive.

Seriously, the scoring record for Uragurl is shameful...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
fan denial. Won't let me embed though  8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOrXCMQQGk0
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
 ;D

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

James' reputation has really benefitted from not being there.

When at Everton, he showed only fleeting flashes of skill, was injured or unfit the majority of his time there, and even when on the field spent most of the time looking disinterested, lazy and ineffectual.

Yet to hear some Everton fans now, he was a world-class player that would have had them playing much better and being well up the table, and only isn't there because of evil agent Rafa, who couldn't manage an under-10's side.
Exactly - could you really see him rolling his sleeves up for a relegation battle? Burnley away next Hamez. Fuck that says Hamez as he's on the phone to Private Jets R Us. He'd have been about as available as Mina.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class

James' reputation has really benefitted from not being there.

When at Everton, he showed only fleeting flashes of skill, was injured or unfit the majority of his time there, and even when on the field spent most of the time looking disinterested, lazy and ineffectual.

Yet to hear some Everton fans now, he was a world-class player that would have had them playing much better and being well up the table, and only isn't there because of evil agent Rafa, who couldn't manage an under-10's side.

The fact he left before the end of last season and took photos of himself on a private plane while Everton still had games left, says all you need to know about his commitment to the cause. If he was the world beater they claim, he wouldn't be plying his trade in the Qatari league right now.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Would have still been fucking freezing mind.
Every time I've been around Kings dock it's blowing a gale, it doesn't get any less cold being a bit up river.
Yep. It would have been a much better location prestige-wise than BMD is, but just as brutal for weather for most of the year. The whole riverfront is great for those couple of weeks of warm, sunny weather we get in summer, but can be utterly horrible the rest of the time. Our dogs loved it along the stretch from Otterspool to as far north you can go past Pier Head, but walking them there was only ever really comfortable in high summer if the weather was good.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
It's not that bad  ;D I mean you def get more than a few nice weeks a year along there when it's absolutely amazing to sit out and have a few drinks. However the vast majority of them will fall between the end and start of the season.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
As well as using the scapegoat scenario - see Brands after we beat them, then Rafa - they also use the sympathy card.

A couple of years ago, when they were having similar problems, rumours were circulating that Boys iPen Bill had a serious medical condition and scrutiny ceased.

Before Xmas they put out a story that Little Miss Dynamite was actively seeking another role - because the wicked fans were asking awkward questions about her capability - the inference being that a good woman, doing her best, was being targeted unfairly. The truth being that she is just not up to the job of running a football club.
The club seem to play their fans like a fiddle. Mind you, the fanbase makes that so very, very easy.

It's a weird mix across the park, where the club itself is bad for the fanbase, and the fanbase is just as bad for the club.

They say you get what you deserve eventually, so maybe that's what's currently coming to pass.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
It's not that bad  ;D I mean you def get more than a few nice weeks a year along there when it's absolutely amazing to sit out and have a few drinks. However the vast majority of them will fall between the end and start of the season.

If we are lucky we can get a decent run of good days, but it's very unpredictable. Granted, it's lovely on those good days.

As you say, stadium usage is more Autumn and Winter time though. I'd also hate to be queuing up to get into the arena at Kings Dock for concerts when the weather is poor. Also, although we love the Albert Dock area, we tend to steer clear unless the weather is good.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
Dear Everton Fans,

I have been a Liverpool supporter since I drew my first breath and I have been following my team home and abroad for 49 years now.

I have been involved in plenty of banter with your side of the Park and there have been some great days for both clubs during this period.

We have shared some momentous occasions and who could forget the day the whole of Wembley sung “ Merseyside “

We have also both shared the most enormous of grief together and I have never been so proud of the city as when we stood together proudly through those dark days.

The fortunes of both clubs are on different ends of the scale at the moment and I was disappointed to see you drop into the bottom 4. After the game I was appalled to hear fellow Liverpool Fans saying “ Imagine if we win the league and Everton go down on the same day.

I would hate this to happen because I genuinely hope and pray that these two things happen on separate days so we can have TWO 
massive Parties you Bitter Bluenose Bastards  !!!!

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Dear Everton Fans,

I have been a Liverpool supporter since I drew my first breath and I have been following my team home and abroad for 49 years now.

I have been involved in plenty of banter with your side of the Park and there have been some great days for both clubs during this period.

We have shared some momentous occasions and who could forget the day the whole of Wembley sung “ Merseyside “

We have also both shared the most enormous of grief together and I have never been so proud of the city as when we stood together proudly through those dark days.

The fortunes of both clubs are on different ends of the scale at the moment and I was disappointed to see you drop into the bottom 4. After the game I was appalled to hear fellow Liverpool Fans saying “ Imagine if we win the league and Everton go down on the same day.

I would hate this to happen because I genuinely hope and pray that these two things happen on separate days so we can have TWO 

:lmao
Jurgen YNWA

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
Dear Everton Fans,

Fucking magic.   :lmao :lmao

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
Dear Everton Fans,

That was 'kin good. I knew there'd be a good ending.   :lmao :lmao :lmao

You try me once you beg for more.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Dear Everton Fans,

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Yep. It would have been a much better location prestige-wise than BMD is, but just as brutal for weather for most of the year. The whole riverfront is great for those couple of weeks of warm, sunny weather we get in summer, but can be utterly horrible the rest of the time. Our dogs loved it along the stretch from Otterspool to as far north you can go past Pier Head, but walking them there was only ever really comfortable in high summer if the weather was good.

I walked or cycled down there every day during lockdown and although the weather was great for months through 2020 summer, i'd still need a jacket most of the time by the river.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
Cracker isn’t it? I got sent it and thought it would be appreciated on here  :)

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
 Boss that, and the Horse one  ;D

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Dear Everton Fans,

Post of the year!

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
Dear Everton Fans,

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
Come on, this was one of yous on here wasn't it?
 ;D

Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
 ;D

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
 ;D

I'm Spartacus. 😃

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The LAMPARD IN crowd is thinning like Frank's hair.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
Dear Everton Fans,

Excellent ending!  :lmao
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
 ;D

Am i missing something? Thats been round for ages

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan

Just thought I'd post it as a reminder, still makes me chuckle.
 ;D

A couple of months in and I'm questioning whether it was a blue or a red on a windup responsible for this graffiti. Incredible to think that any blue thought he was a good idea even in hindsight.
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
It just gets funnier with every passing loss..
W

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
Oddschecker has Everton third favourite to go down now, exchanging places with Burnley today. Money being piled on since the board have announced that they are sticking with Lampard? Or just a coincidence?
 :-\

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
Oddschecker has Everton third favourite to go down now, exchanging places with Burnley today. Money being piled on since the board have announced that they are sticking with Lampard? Or just a coincidence?
538 says they’re favourites to go down too.  Their run in is much harder than Burnley’s
W

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006

Did they? Hadn't seen that.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
It made little sense to do anything before this weekend anyway. Expect if they did have any interest in getting rid they’d do it after the United game.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
Just thought I'd post it as a reminder, still makes me chuckle.
 ;D

A couple of months in and I'm questioning whether it was a blue or a red on a windup responsible for this graffiti. Incredible to think that any blue thought he was a good idea even in hindsight.
Ah right, thought i wasnt seeing something haha nowt to see here  ;)