Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4164128 times)

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #71640 on: October 6, 2022, 01:42:33 pm »
It's going ahead provided Edwardo gets another license from some other national board. He probably will.  ;D

Crazy. Boxing is probably the most farcical sport around at the moment which is a shame as the sport itself is boss.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71641 on: October 6, 2022, 02:02:17 pm »
Crazy. Boxing is probably the most farcical sport around at the moment which is a shame as the sport itself is boss.

It's all about the money.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #71642 on: October 6, 2022, 02:50:23 pm »
It's going ahead provided Edwardo gets another license from some other national board. He probably will.  ;D
FINALLY! Maltese boxing will get the recognition it deserves!

Mate, you need to knock out a WBC style Maltese Middleweight belt to give to the winner.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71643 on: October 6, 2022, 03:17:42 pm »
Officially canceled now. Eddie couldn't find a big enough brown envelope.  ;D

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #71644 on: October 6, 2022, 03:19:33 pm »
Officially canceled now. Eddie couldn't find a big enough brown envelope.  ;D

Had to be really.

I know there is money and lots of it but you are talking about the health of a boxer that should always be priority.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #71645 on: October 6, 2022, 03:36:09 pm »
Surprised Tyson Fury hasn't been on twitter calling out Secretariat to step in at short notice for Saturday
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71646 on: October 6, 2022, 06:31:07 pm »
The official word is that its' been " Postponed" not off.  Eddie is going on a mini holiday around Europe looking for some corrupt fucker  that takes the brown envelope and gives him a license for the fight.  ;D

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71647 on: October 6, 2022, 06:50:15 pm »
The official word is that its' been " Postponed" not off.  Eddie is going on a mini holiday around Europe looking for some corrupt fucker  that takes the brown envelope and gives him a license for the fight.  ;D
I hear Jeddah is lovely this time of year...

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71648 on: October 6, 2022, 07:03:33 pm »
So this is off, AJ/Fury dead in the water, Spence/Crawford are signing contracts in slow motion, Dubois trying to fight that caveman Lucas Browne. Boxing is in the pits at the moment.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71649 on: October 6, 2022, 09:48:06 pm »
So this is off, AJ/Fury dead in the water, Spence/Crawford are signing contracts in slow motion, Dubois trying to fight that caveman Lucas Browne. Boxing is in the pits at the moment.
Ah FFS, when is he ever going to fight someone decent? Fighting low level fighters continuously and will probably never be ready to challenge for a title because he is learning fuck all in these pointless mismatches. Browne got a surprise early KO win against Junior Fa but is only a couple of fights removed from being KO'd in 1 by 41-year old Paul Gallen.

Just saw that the BBB of C won't sanction the fight. Should be a wake-up call when your team is choosing opponents so unsuited to ring action that boxing authorities won't sanction the fucking fight!

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71650 on: October 6, 2022, 10:02:14 pm »
Always been like this aint it? Certainly as far back as I can remember. The big fights just take way too long to get made, nobody wants to see declining big names fight when they’re past their best.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71651 on: October 6, 2022, 10:12:00 pm »
Ah FFS, when is he ever going to fight someone decent? Fighting low level fighters continuously and will probably never be ready to challenge for a title because he is learning fuck all in these pointless mismatches. Browne got a surprise early KO win against Junior Fa but is only a couple of fights removed from being KO'd in 1 by 41-year old Paul Gallen.

Just saw that the BBB of C won't sanction the fight. Should be a wake-up call when your team is choosing opponents so unsuited to ring action that boxing authorities won't sanction the fucking fight!
Fury v Usyk in March, winner retires and he'll be able to win a title against a Charles Martin level opponent. Just got to keep padding those stats in the meantime.

Good to see it getting refused a license though. Doesn't happen enough. NSAC do it sometimes but you can always find somewhere in the US to fight.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71652 on: October 7, 2022, 10:44:20 am »
Fury v Usyk in March, winner retires and he'll be able to win a title against a Charles Martin level opponent. Just got to keep padding those stats in the meantime.

Good to see it getting refused a license though. Doesn't happen enough. NSAC do it sometimes but you can always find somewhere in the US to fight.
I wouldn't bank on that if I were you. Fury is more likely to fight a cabbie; is Martin Rogan up for another scuffle I wonder?

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #71653 on: October 7, 2022, 11:44:09 am »
When can we officially say AJ ducked Fury?

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71654 on: October 7, 2022, 12:03:39 pm »
I wouldn't bank on that if I were you. Fury is more likely to fight a cabbie; is Martin Rogan up for another scuffle I wonder?
He'll fight an absolute bum in December, but I do think the Usyk fight will happen unless he goes off the rails again.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71655 on: October 7, 2022, 01:23:53 pm »

Warren special he bigged him up for a while and got hammered by Joyce.

He thought he was going to be his AJ ironically and now lines him up with rubbish.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #71656 on: October 7, 2022, 02:10:21 pm »

Considering their respective track records, I think we can probably never say that....
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71657 on: October 7, 2022, 02:40:36 pm »
https://youtu.be/JEuksr_KPjc

;D

Eddie has completely disgraced the sport and himself with the way he's handled this. I know he doesn't give a fuck like all about the dollar but still.

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
« Reply #71658 on: October 7, 2022, 06:20:24 pm »
https://youtu.be/JEuksr_KPjc

;D

Eddie has completely disgraced the sport and himself with the way he's handled this. I know he doesn't give a fuck like all about the dollar but still.

The guys a complete con man, he reminds of a tory politician the way he has so many fooled with his bullshit. 

He's definitely on a bad run though, a canelo loss, his cash cow Joshua losing 3 out of 5 and one knockout away from being a journey man.

lAbout to proceed with the Connor Benn fight even though he knew for 2 weeks about the test only for that tory shithouse rag to do something useful for the first time in its existence and expose his VADA secret, no wonder Eubank Snr was so against the fight when he knew the truth.  It does explain why Hearn was rather busy with other things than negotiating Fury v Joshua though.

Then he's got DAZN, one of the biggest loss making businesses of all time, the man is nothing without the sky sports platform, just a bullshitter who wants to be a bigger star than the boxers themselves. 

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71659 on: October 7, 2022, 06:50:20 pm »
The man got $1 billion deal from DAZN, he's a genius.  :D

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
« Reply #71660 on: October 7, 2022, 07:18:09 pm »
The man got $1 billion deal from DAZN, he's a genius.  :D

Lol the financial figures of that company is beyond staggering isn't it

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71661 on: October 7, 2022, 08:23:37 pm »
Boxing promoters are pretty much all the scum of the Earth. Hearn is no exception, but somehow also nowhere near the worst.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71662 on: October 7, 2022, 08:31:07 pm »
Don King is the Undisputed Crooks of Boxing promoters.

He put on a so called world heavyweight title fight in a middle school  gym for fucks sakes.  ;D

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71663 on: October 7, 2022, 08:45:43 pm »
Don King is the Undisputed Crooks of Boxing promoters.

He put on a so called world heavyweight title fight in a middle school  gym for fucks sakes.  ;D
I went to a thing in my local with Frank Bruno once, he had some fun stories about Don King that he can't repeat on the record ;D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71664 on: October 7, 2022, 09:45:17 pm »
I went to a thing in my local with Frank Bruno once, he had some fun stories about Don King that he can't repeat on the record ;D

;D

He said something similar to my old man and uncle at this "meet and greet" back in the good old days.  Basically "I'd only tell you this stuff when he's 10 feet under".  ;D

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71665 on: October 8, 2022, 04:26:20 am »

Not enough are talking about this. It's clear Matchroom didn't really want it

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71666 on: October 8, 2022, 09:10:43 am »
Not enough are talking about this. It's clear Matchroom didn't really want it

In fairness I dont think Warren/Fury did either they were shocked AJ said yes imo.

The plan was and always has been for Fury to fight December in a tick over nailed on win for the big one next year against Usyk.

I do think Fury beats AJ but its not as nailed on as a Chisora, Charr type fight.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71667 on: October 8, 2022, 09:57:25 am »
In fairness I dont think Warren/Fury did either they were shocked AJ said yes imo.

The plan was and always has been for Fury to fight December in a tick over nailed on win for the big one next year against Usyk.

I do think Fury beats AJ but its not as nailed on as a Chisora, Charr type fight.
I think Fury and AJ wanted it but neither Hearn nor Warren did.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71668 on: October 8, 2022, 06:11:41 pm »
Why was Benn even taking fertility tablets? What advantages was it giving him?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71669 on: October 8, 2022, 06:30:59 pm »
It boosts endurance.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71670 on: October 8, 2022, 06:36:08 pm »
I think Fury and AJ wanted it but neither Hearn nor Warren did.

Id agree with that.

Fury v Usyk is the fight that HAS to be made.

Offline lfcred1976

• Anny Roader
« Reply #71671 on: October 8, 2022, 07:17:22 pm »

Apparently masks steroid use and also increases testosterone. He was always super active on Instagram but since being busted he’s gone very, very quiet.

Online leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #71672 on: October 8, 2022, 07:20:50 pm »

After you take a cycle your testosterone levels drop so you take a PCT to get them back up.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71673 on: October 10, 2022, 05:58:44 pm »
Looks like the Eubank's have had a falling out.  Chris other son died a earlier this year too. :(

Chris Eubank Sr on Chris Eubank Jr: "I believe in him, but he doesn't believe in me. I've let go… I've done nothing but gift this young man a career, a name, a face… I'm gonna have my boy tell me he's boss? He doesn't appreciate how good things have been." [@TheFightIsRigh1]

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71674 on: October 10, 2022, 07:25:24 pm »
Connor Benn looking at a minimum 2 year ban if B sample is Positive.

Offline lfcred1976

• Anny Roader
« Reply #71675 on: October 10, 2022, 07:35:10 pm »
Connor Benn looking at a minimum 2 year ban if B sample is Positive.

Conor (the career) “Destroyer” Benn. Shame the drug cheats don’t get a lifetime ban. Especially when done deliberately

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71676 on: October 11, 2022, 11:32:47 pm »
Aye, he's fucked now.   :o

Conor Benn is now being investigated over claims that he previously tested positive for Clomifene in ANOTHER drugs test prior to the test which saw his fight with Chris Eubank Jr called off last week. [@MailSport]

Offline lfcred1976

• Anny Roader
« Reply #71677 on: October 11, 2022, 11:47:55 pm »
If that is the case he deserves a lifetime ban.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #71678 on: October 12, 2022, 10:53:53 am »
Was looking forward to the Eubank-Benn fight, probably more than any other this year. I suspect we'll be well into 2023 before we know the full story.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71679 on: October 12, 2022, 02:43:39 pm »
If that is the case he deserves a lifetime ban.
He'll get a 6-12 month ban and in the meantime, will get to fight in the Maldives or something.