Author Topic: Welcome Dominik Szoboszlai  (Read 232972 times)

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Welcome Dominik Szoboszlai
« Reply #2600 on: April 21, 2024, 06:31:30 pm »
Weird cameo, kept giving it away.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2601 on: April 21, 2024, 06:32:56 pm »
Poor cameo.

Still giving it away cheaply.

Offline elkun

• Kopite
« Reply #2602 on: April 21, 2024, 06:43:21 pm »
Playing with Zidane's confidence but with the ability of Jonjo Shelvey.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2603 on: April 21, 2024, 06:45:58 pm »
Was I mistaken? I thought he come on in the 86th minute. Not sure it's really worth dissecting or criticising that.

Offline Buster Gonad

• Kopite
« Reply #2604 on: April 21, 2024, 06:51:22 pm »
Was I mistaken? I thought he come on in the 86th minute. Not sure it's really worth dissecting or criticising that.

We must abuse anyone who came off the bench and didn't set the world alight.

Offline RedEire

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2605 on: April 21, 2024, 07:05:43 pm »
We must abuse anyone who came off the bench and didn't set the world alight.
It's not that, he just keeps giving the ball away with silly passes and then the other team counter. He done it 2 or 3 times today during his short cameo.
Having Welbeck try and mark Pirlo is ridiculous. It's like trying to get a golden retriever to stop a tennis ball machine.Because one is a machine designed for a very specific purpose that it is peerless at, and the other is a fucking dog.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #2606 on: April 22, 2024, 08:08:28 am »
Dom has been Space Jammed. Currently, he can't find Liverpool players with a map.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2607 on: April 22, 2024, 08:18:48 am »
He can’t fucking pass a ball. Has to prove it next season to the new manager without a doubt.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2608 on: April 22, 2024, 08:35:16 am »
It's not that, he just keeps giving the ball away with silly passes and then the other team counter. He done it 2 or 3 times today during his short cameo.
Normally,  when a players plays poorly it's usually explained by tiredness. He came on fresh and was still making the same mistakes.  Fulham just weren't good enough to capitalise on them.

Those are very big mistakes that could have cost us a goal and made it a nervy finish. It's shouldn't be unreasonable to expect a €70m midfielder to be tidy on the ball.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #2609 on: April 22, 2024, 09:02:55 am »
He looks too casual IMO. It's nice to see players smiling and all, but he needs to get much more focused and determined. Still trying to show off his skills and impress his mates, rather than trying to win games.
Stop the little flicks and chips, and start playing fast passes on the ground.

Maybe he should get a mouthguard to get into the right mentality

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2610 on: April 22, 2024, 09:19:02 am »
Played 35+ games for us and now being suggested he can't pass? ;D

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2611 on: April 22, 2024, 09:38:07 am »
He looks too casual IMO. It's nice to see players smiling and all, but he needs to get much more focused and determined. Still trying to show off his skills and impress his mates, rather than trying to win games.
Stop the little flicks and chips, and start playing fast passes on the ground.

Maybe he should get a mouthguard to get into the right mentality
Another thing that annoys about how he's playing atm is that he's not willing to commit to challenges. Can't even be trusted to see out a result in his current form. James Milner would have blasted him for these things.

Honestly,  I'd bring young Bobby Clark back in at this rate.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 09:52:59 am by MonsLibpool »

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #2612 on: April 22, 2024, 10:05:55 am »
So what has changed from the start of the season to go from looking like we’ve signed a world class talent to struggling to perform .

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #2613 on: April 22, 2024, 10:09:03 am »
So what has changed from the start of the season to go from looking like we’ve signed a world class talent to struggling to perform .

We've run him into the ground.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2614 on: April 22, 2024, 10:25:17 am »
Another thing that annoys about how he's playing atm is that he's not willing to commit to challenges

This is nothing but pure speculation on my part, but is he a player that potentially has one eye on the Euros? He is Hungary's captain and star player after all.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2615 on: April 22, 2024, 10:28:05 am »

What has that got to do with playing hospital passes regularly? It's a lack of focus.

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #2616 on: April 22, 2024, 10:33:13 am »
Played 35+ games for us and now being suggested he can't pass? ;D

Gotta learn empathy …
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2617 on: April 22, 2024, 10:47:14 am »

He looks disinterested at times , casually hanging around the opposition box at times than busy to bust a gut to get back .
Obviously a very talented player , is it his role in the side not suiting him
« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 10:56:27 am by rocco »

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #2618 on: April 22, 2024, 10:47:40 am »
I’m not convinced Szoboszlai will turn into an elite midfielder. However, he’s show enough over his career to suggest he has the potential to make that level of player.

Still only 23 and playing his 1st season in a new league in a new system. He’s done OK so far. Started great and then been more inconsistent as the season has progressed. Nowhere near enough to write him off but equally enough to plant some seeds of doubt. Which you can see some have with him.

Next season, his 2nd at the club and in PL, will be an important one for him. Think he really has the potential to make a big leap. Whether that’s as a midfielder or a front 3 players is probably the bigger question than whether he has the potential and/or work ethic to do so.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2619 on: April 22, 2024, 11:11:21 am »
What has that got to do with playing hospital passes regularly? It's a lack of focus.

He shouldn't be doing that, but he isn't a midfield controller. He's an attacking mid/wide right player who provided a lot of creative energy earlier in the season. As the season has gone on he's become a water carrier to carry for a lack of legs elsewhere. And when he starts games he's shattered by the second half.

His role has got too confused.

Offline Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2620 on: April 22, 2024, 11:25:43 am »
He shouldn't be doing that, but he isn't a midfield controller. He's an attacking mid/wide right player who provided a lot of creative energy earlier in the season. As the season has gone on he's become a water carrier to carry for a lack of legs elsewhere. And when he starts games he's shattered by the second half.

His role has got too confused.

Doesn't matter what type of midfielder you are, what role you are being asked to do, giving it away cheaply is one of our biggest problems at the moment and he's one of the worst for it.

He seems far more concerned with getting into positions outside the box to shoot, he needs to get back to what he was excelling at earlier in the season and ironically that was being an all action box to box right sided 8.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #2621 on: April 22, 2024, 11:31:48 am »
He looks disinterested at times ,
I wonder when / if this is ever actually the issue with a player. Seems a regular go-to for player-type analysis when someone dips in form. These guys basically exist to play football and have gone through years of graft to achieve a place at the table of football. The idea that disinterest suddenly kicks in has got to be pretty remote. We had it after Thursday's game against Atalanta. Why would a host of players gunning for trophies for months on end all of a sudden get lazy on on the job? More like it is to do with a host of other key factors - chiefly around fatigue.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2622 on: April 22, 2024, 11:50:32 am »
Doesn't matter what type of midfielder you are, what role you are being asked to do, giving it away cheaply is one of our biggest problems at the moment and he's one of the worst for it.

He seems far more concerned with getting into positions outside the box to shoot, he needs to get back to what he was excelling at earlier in the season and ironically that was being an all action box to box right sided 8.

He's struggled since returning from injury as well which seems to be a common theme. Mo has been well off the pace since his injury, Nunez has been off the boil since his last injury either side of the internationals, Jones has looked off it since coming back, Konate as well. It took Robbo a while.

But yeah he shouldn't be in the side at the moment if he can't do the basics and it's same with a few of the others.

Offline joezydudek

• Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2623 on: April 22, 2024, 11:54:21 am »
Football hyperbole at its finest on this thread.
Has some really good games at the start of the season and he's compared to Gerrard and De Bruyne, has a dip in form and he "can't fucking pass a ball."
He's clearly a quality player who's lost his way a bit for various reasons and I'm sure he'll be back playing well sooner rather than later, but maybe don't compare him to some of the greatest midfielders who ever lived when he does start to play well.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2624 on: April 22, 2024, 11:58:16 am »

Fatigue. Tired people make mistakes and a lack of focus can come as a direct result of fatigue

Not saying that's what this is but it's pretty well known when players are tired they are a lot more likely to make mistakes. You can be more likely to pick up injures when tired and lacking focus too

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2625 on: April 22, 2024, 11:58:37 am »
I wonder when / if this is ever actually the issue with a player. Seems a regular go-to for player-type analysis when someone dips in form. These guys basically exist to play football and have gone through years of graft to achieve a place at the table of football. The idea that disinterest suddenly kicks in has got to be pretty remote. We had it after Thursday's game against Atalanta. Why would a host of players gunning for trophies for months on end all of a sudden get lazy on on the job? More like it is to do with a host of other key factors - chiefly around fatigue.

Disinterested is the wrong word to be honest but seems then less energised ?

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #2626 on: April 22, 2024, 12:04:30 pm »
Disinterested is the wrong word to be honest but seems then less energised ?

The physical demands have caught up with him I think. Looked mentally and physically exhausted. That spark has gone and everything he does appear slower and tentative. Not really clear if anything could be done apart from a long rest to get recharged.

I hope Gravenbach's improvement might give him a little more push.

Offline Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2627 on: April 22, 2024, 12:17:17 pm »
Fatigue. Tired people make mistakes and a lack of focus can come as a direct result of fatigue

Not saying that's what this is but it's pretty well known when players are tired they are a lot more likely to make mistakes. You can be more likely to pick up injures when tired and lacking focus too

I'd agree but he came on yesterday and gave the ball away multiple times cheaply.

Anyway I like Szobo, not going to get dirty to slate him, he'll come good.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2628 on: April 22, 2024, 12:22:56 pm »
The physical demands have caught up with him I think. Looked mentally and physically exhausted. That spark has gone and everything he does appear slower and tentative. Not really clear if anything could be done apart from a long rest to get recharged.

I hope Gravenbach's improvement might give him a little more push.

It's been difficult for him and Endo coming from Germany to the PL to a side fighting on 4 fronts with no break and playing every midweek and weekend. Plus he goes away and plays full minutes for his national side every international break. And we're a physically demanding side to play for.

He showed early season what he can do, but it's been a tough season.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #2629 on: April 22, 2024, 12:40:14 pm »
Badly lacking confidence. Probably won't see him kick on until next season.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2630 on: April 22, 2024, 01:04:09 pm »
I'd agree but he came on yesterday and gave the ball away multiple times cheaply.

Anyway I like Szobo, not going to get dirty to slate him, he'll come good.

Which would ultimately mean maybe he’s fatigued and coming off the bench instead of starting isn’t sufficient rest

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #2631 on: April 22, 2024, 05:58:29 pm »

Fatigue probably has something to do with it, but doesn't explain everything, IMO. Endo has been played a lot, had a poor showing attributable to fatigue, got a game rest, and got back to his level in the following game. Szoboszlai had longer rest on several occasions, but his confidence is still down, and his game far below his level.

I don't know if he will come good this season, but he will be a beast next season.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline elkun

• Kopite
« Reply #2632 on: April 22, 2024, 07:25:13 pm »
I’ve said it before and will say of again.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2633 on: April 22, 2024, 07:28:57 pm »
I’ve said it before and will say of again.

So glad you repeated yourself. We can all remind ourselves to ignore you now and in the future.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #2634 on: April 22, 2024, 07:32:08 pm »
He's nailed on to score the league winning goal against wolves.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2635 on: April 22, 2024, 07:33:50 pm »
He's nailed on to score the league winning goal against wolves.

Wash your mouth out. Joey G has that written in the stars.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #2636 on: April 22, 2024, 08:17:24 pm »
Wash your mouth out. Joey G has that written in the stars.
The sequence in the last three games will be:
- Szoboszlai backheel winner against Spurs in the 91th min to give us hope,
- Alisson's diving header from a corner in the 98th min against Villa to give us back the belief,
- Joey's 30-yard screamer in the 94th min against Wolves to clinch the title.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #2637 on: April 24, 2024, 09:29:27 pm »
What has happened to him? He was running midfields in the autumn.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2638 on: April 24, 2024, 09:34:40 pm »
What has happened to him? He was running midfields in the autumn.

Saving himself for the Euro's.

Offline 6BigCups

• RAWK Journeyman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2639 on: April 24, 2024, 09:46:26 pm »
Any chance of a refund?  Hell, I’d take half of our money back