Author Topic: The Indomitable Ibou  (Read 269851 times)

Offline babraham

• blincoln. Likes to have man crushes cos he's so pretty, oh so pretty (vacant).
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Konate signs
« Reply #320 on: May 31, 2021, 07:36:43 pm »
We didn't get a replay for the first ball played from the Dutch half but it looked offside to me. I thought Konate stepped up. Maybe he was late?

He had more to do second half and did well. He was clearly bigger and faster than anyone the Dutch had so anything one on one or aerial was a non-contest in his favour. Didn't get to see that much from him with the ball. Didn't mess anything up but didn't really try much ambitious either. Upamecano was the one being more adventurous so possibly just playing within the system, as you can't have both CBs going full Lucio.

Encouraged by his physical traits and effortless defending. Curious to see more of what he does with the ball.
The imbecile formerly known as babraham. But now called babraham again! Though still an imbecile. Sadly.

Klopp: "We have to change from doubters to believers...NOW"

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #321 on: May 31, 2021, 07:40:11 pm »
I don’t mean this as an insult at all, but there’s a touch of the Mamadou Sakho bambi-on-ice-effectiveness in him.

that for me would be an insult  ;D

Thankfully, not seen much to suggest there’s a similarity.  Konate does dive in at times, but he’s nowhere near as reckless and mistake riddled as Sakho.  I’m sure Konate will mature and learn and cut out some of the diving in out of his game. Upamecano actually reminds me more of Sakho, cos when he’s bad, he looks really bad. But can look superb at times too.

Online Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #322 on: May 31, 2021, 07:40:57 pm »
I don’t mean this as an insult at all, but there’s a touch of the Mamadou Sakho bambi-on-ice-effectiveness in him.
Should be a good thing. Apart from the odd cockup on the ball, Sakho had all the tools to be a world class defender but maybe not the mentality. All reports suggest Konate has that mentality and is coming young enough for Jurgen to mould into the right player.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #323 on: May 31, 2021, 07:42:52 pm »
He went to sleep for Kluivert's chance in the first half I thought but made a good saving tackle in the second. He played Kluivert onside for the winner, first standing there with his arm up and then just jogging back.

I hope people aren't expecting him alone to be the magic bullet for our defence. He's got all the tools but he's still raw.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #324 on: May 31, 2021, 07:50:20 pm »
I for one am disgusted and want him sold.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: May 31, 2021, 07:58:50 pm »
He went to sleep for Kluivert's chance in the first half I thought but made a good saving tackle in the second. He played Kluivert onside for the winner, first standing there with his arm up and then just jogging back.

I hope people aren't expecting him alone to be the magic bullet for our defence. He's got all the tools but he's still raw.

the defence has been very good for a while, even through all the injuries it was solid (just didn’t allow us to play expansively). Not sure what a magic bullet is, you mean like the team needs a big fix or something? 

I think the hope is he adds to an already good set of defenders and squad, and is a much needed addition especially considering last seasons nightmare, and has a lot of youth on his side to improve.

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: May 31, 2021, 08:03:21 pm »
the defence has been very good for a while, even through all the injuries it was solid (just didn’t allow us to play expansively). Not sure what a magic bullet is, you mean like the team needs a big fix or something? 

I think the hope is he adds to an already good set of defenders and squad, and is a much needed addition especially considering last seasons nightmare, and has a lot of youth on his side to improve.

What I mean is if the 3 cb's aren't up to speed, he's not going to carry them.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: May 31, 2021, 08:05:14 pm »

If Mamadou had the right attitude he would have been our player still.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #328 on: May 31, 2021, 08:05:49 pm »
He's just turned 22 mate. I don't expect him to carry anyone at this stage of his career.

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: May 31, 2021, 08:08:22 pm »
He's just turned 22 mate. I don't expect him to carry anyone at this stage of his career.
Neither do I.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: May 31, 2021, 08:11:05 pm »
What I mean is if the 3 cb's aren't up to speed, he's not going to carry them.

I doubt anyone thinks he would. We’ve gone weeks with Nat Phillips and Rhys Williams playing every game, we adjust accordingly! 

As a starting point, it’s just going to be nice to have another good player in that position, after all that has gone on.

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: May 31, 2021, 08:12:00 pm »
I doubt anyone thinks he would. We’ve gone weeks with Nat Phillips and Rhys Williams playing every game, we adjust accordingly! 

As a starting point, it’s just going to be nice to have another good player in that position, after all that has gone on.
True. Lets just hope he gets through pre-season! ;D

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: May 31, 2021, 09:00:47 pm »
Welcome & good luck ;D

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #333 on: June 1, 2021, 02:09:49 am »

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: June 1, 2021, 08:19:59 am »
Have we sold him yet?

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #335 on: June 1, 2021, 09:18:05 am »
So is he joining up on 21st? Klopp said all players will get 3 weeks off didn’t he?

Edit: Pre season training not starting until 12 July so he’ll be available for day one!

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #336 on: June 1, 2021, 09:52:53 am »
If Mamadou had the right attitude he would have been our player still.

I doubt it. He preferred to conclude his tackles by lying down on the floor for a bit. And although he understood it was a good idea to find a midfielder with a ball to feet he didn't appreciate that the midfielder probably didn't want the ball if he was already tightly marked by an opponent. 
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: June 1, 2021, 10:19:56 am »
I for one am disgusted and want him sold.

I didn't watch the game, don't know the result and want him sold.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #338 on: June 1, 2021, 10:25:50 am »
Haha headline on skysports “Liverpool’s new boy suffers shock defeat”

See they’ve already started with their narrative of piling on the pressure on him  :wanker

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: June 1, 2021, 10:27:08 am »
So is he joining up on 21st? Klopp said all players will get 3 weeks off didn’t he?

Think Klopp said at least 3 weeks. Pre-season will probably start 1st week of July so he could turn up to Kirby on the 21st but probably only be the groundsman there!

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #340 on: June 1, 2021, 10:46:13 am »
Is he likely to be picked for the Olympics?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: June 1, 2021, 10:51:34 am »

Online jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #342 on: June 1, 2021, 11:12:33 am »
I don't know, have you seen those arms?

Jokes aside, he's young and hasn't played much in Bundesliga the last 2 seasons. I don't expect him to come in and dominate immediately like VVD.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: June 1, 2021, 11:33:29 am »

I thought that was more on the right back who didn't step up with the rest of the back line and kept Kluivert onside?

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: June 1, 2021, 11:35:36 am »
We didn't get a replay for the first ball played from the Dutch half but it looked offside to me. I thought Konate stepped up. Maybe he was late?

He had more to do second half and did well. He was clearly bigger and faster than anyone the Dutch had so anything one on one or aerial was a non-contest in his favour. Didn't get to see that much from him with the ball. Didn't mess anything up but didn't really try much ambitious either. Upamecano was the one being more adventurous so possibly just playing within the system, as you can't have both CBs going full Lucio.

Encouraged by his physical traits and effortless defending. Curious to see more of what he does with the ball.

that is a good talented Dutch team - I thought the French were better, created more chances and played good attacking Football. Dutch defended well - interesting there were 3 CB;s we were linked with on the pitch in addition to Konate. Upamecano (Signed for Bayern for 48M) Plusthe 2 Dutch CB;s Botman that plays for Lille that beat PSG for French league Title and Schuurs Ajax...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK03QVJrQS0 - Hopefully we got the best out of these 4 on display.  I think he has everything we need as CB 4 in our squad at 22 years old. Better prospects, talents and skills than Kabak.

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #345 on: June 1, 2021, 01:39:11 pm »
Bahahhaha, he's been Cronenberg'd!
that blue bottle jacket is an abomination ;D

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: June 1, 2021, 01:55:35 pm »
that blue bottle jacket is an abomination ;D

What would you reckon if Norris from Corrie had one on in the Rovers?. 😁

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: June 1, 2021, 02:01:24 pm »

Seen clips with similar vibes but overall seems far more orthodox than Sakho.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: June 1, 2021, 02:11:57 pm »

Edit: Pre season training not starting until 12 July so he’ll be available for day one!

FA Community SHield 7 Aug Prem league starts 14 Aug - Euros final 14 July.
So I hope none of our players do not make the final 4 of Euros?

Olympics 21 juky to 7 Aug - so Salah will be there and have no preseason or rest.. unless he is resting now for 4-5 weeks - before catching up with Egypt. when do Olympic teams get announced as there are a lot of teams in there?

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: June 1, 2021, 03:07:17 pm »
I thought that was more on the right back who didn't step up with the rest of the back line and kept Kluivert onside?
Both full backs were too deep but Konate (and Upamecano) had no clue where Kluivert was. VAR would have ruled it out (if they had it) but I'm not sure if the lino gave it. Good movement from the striker and a lack of communication between the defenders. But tbf to them, the rb had only just come on because the starting rb was injured earlier on. It was only a slight lapse which can happen against strikers with good movement like Kluivert.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #350 on: June 1, 2021, 04:21:11 pm »
What would you reckon if Norris from Corrie had one on in the Rovers?. 😁
id tell the missus to get inside with the kids and lock the doors and not come out till I’m back or the police are there  to save them. Bit noncey that Norris mate, you’re pushing 80. You might have got away with it 50 years ago off ya tits on poppers in studio 54 in ya heyday covered in chip fat  in ya speedos but ya 78 now Coley. Think on eh ya plant pot

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: June 1, 2021, 06:27:02 pm »
 :lmao :lmao fucking hell. I had to go out for some air after getting to the bit about Norris off his tits on poppers.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: June 3, 2021, 11:57:51 am »

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: June 4, 2021, 07:24:57 am »
I just love his raw attributes, his pace, tackling, strength and heading. He also is calm in situations. Those are a number of qualities Van Dijk has and rare in a combination. His passing isn't on the same level as Van Dijk but then you can't expect it all. He will only get better.
Someone compared him to Sakho, his mentality is completely opposite to Sakho.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #354 on: June 6, 2021, 03:56:54 am »
Is there any risk he gets called up for the Olympics, if it goes ahead?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: June 7, 2021, 05:52:30 pm »
safe to say he's not in an around Liverpool just yet.  ;D

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #356 on: June 7, 2021, 06:08:40 pm »

Yeah there probably is. It's an U23s tournament so he qualifies and I don't think we can withdraw him either.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: June 7, 2021, 07:40:01 pm »
Nat Phillips to start the season then.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #358 on: June 7, 2021, 08:03:07 pm »
safe to say he's not in an around Liverpool just yet.  ;D

hehehe

Remembering it took Fabinho about six months of running dem laps to get that one small glass of champagne on the plane with becky ticked off the klopp's to do list rofl.

he'd best have a gym in that hotel  ;D

Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: June 7, 2021, 08:09:48 pm »

Bloody hope not. It’s really important he has a full preseason with us as he may be our senior CB foe the start of the season or at least the fittest senior CB. It’s not fair to expect Virgil, Matip and Gomez to be firing on all cylinders straight away.

From his perspective, it’s a great opportunity to establish himself as one of the first names on the team sheet even when those lads are back.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.