Author Topic: The Indomitable Ibou  (Read 269667 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Konate signs
« Reply #240 on: May 29, 2021, 03:05:22 pm »
Worth a punt at £36m. Slight concerns regarding his own injury record and the fact that he had a couple of dodgy moments against us in the CL
Young and with lots of potential though.

He didn't play against us. The dodgy defender is Upermecano.  :D

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: May 29, 2021, 03:07:43 pm »
Worth a punt at £36m. Slight concerns regarding his own injury record and the fact that he had a couple of dodgy moments against us in the CL

He was on the bench in both games against us.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #242 on: May 29, 2021, 03:42:09 pm »

We've played them twice in our history and he featured in neither game.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #243 on: May 29, 2021, 04:39:17 pm »
He didn't play against us. The dodgy defender is Upermecano.  :D

The poster probably confused it with Alonso's legendary performance against Man Utd in that famous 4-1 win.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: May 29, 2021, 04:52:55 pm »
He never played in the CL games against us. :D

It was Upamacano and Mukiele.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Red Being

• Anny Roader
« Reply #245 on: May 29, 2021, 04:57:38 pm »
His injury history is massively overstated. The 3 muscle fibre injuries were the same one recurring and he hasn't had am issue since surgery nearly a year go now. Then his ankle injury that kept him out for two months this season which I'm assuming is a sprain. People are basing him being 'injury prone' off two injuries only.

Came to the thread hoping for an explanation. Thanks.
Excited now.

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #246 on: May 29, 2021, 05:02:34 pm »
The one thing I took from that highlight video is that he likes to go to ground a lot!  :D

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #247 on: May 29, 2021, 05:25:48 pm »
I'm confused. You want us to switch which witch doctors?

yes
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #248 on: May 29, 2021, 05:27:02 pm »

The one thing I took from that highlight video is that he likes to go to ground a lot!  :D

As long as he gets up again and can walk off the field, we'll be ok. Right?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 05:33:50 pm by macmanamanaman »
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: May 29, 2021, 11:16:26 pm »
He was on the bench in both games against us.

You didn't see the dodgy way he was sitting though!
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Paul_h

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: May 30, 2021, 12:26:50 am »
Not going to pretend like I really know anything about this lad. I am suspicious of anyone who says they have enough time to watch all this foreign footy on top of our own. :D

But if Klopp says he´s good, and the transfer committee say he´s good, then I trust it.

How many flops have we had over the last 5 years? Not many is the answer.

Looking forward to watching him play.

due to play on Monday, vs Netherlands. if picked.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: May 30, 2021, 12:57:17 am »
due to play on Monday, vs Netherlands. if picked.
How many good cb’s do France have? I assume Varane with maybe upamacno is the starters for the seniors but they have loads at this stage?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: May 30, 2021, 01:08:09 am »
They have a conveyor belt of really talented young Centre Back's mate, like legit 8 potential world class CB of the future. Upermecano isn't even a starter for them. It will be Varane and Lenglet.  Laporte switched to Spain because he couldn't even get a game.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #253 on: May 30, 2021, 01:20:44 am »
They have a conveyor belt of really talented young Centre Back's mate, like legit 8 potential world class CB of the future. Upermecano isn't even a starter for them. It will be Varane and Lenglet.  Laporte switched to Spain because he couldn't even get a game.

Upamecano hasn't even made the squad for the Euros. Neither did Umtiti.

Their centre backs are Clement Lenglet, Raphael Varane and Jules Kounde.

As you say Samie a ridiculous amount of talent.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: May 30, 2021, 01:27:36 am »
to be honest Upecamano looks like David Luiz mrk 2 to me. Brilliant at times but does some mental stuff when there is no need.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: May 30, 2021, 01:27:40 am »
So he could feasibly win the league with us and still get every international break off? Sounds ideal.

Offline MBL?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: May 30, 2021, 01:29:43 am »
So he could feasibly win the league with us and still get every international break off? Sounds ideal.
If that happened he’d be a starter for them straight away I’d guess. Rb haven’t really played him as I assume they knew he was going. There is also the injuries.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: May 30, 2021, 01:31:55 am »
 Should've paid closer attention to the French squad. I thought  Upeprmecno was in the squad lol.  ;D

Then you have likes of:

Konate
Lacroix
Saliba
Forfana
Badiashile
Todibo

Few more I'm sure but those are off the top of my head.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #258 on: May 30, 2021, 01:44:26 am »
Should've paid closer attention to the French squad. I thought  Upeprmecno was in the squad lol.  ;D

Then you have likes of:

Konate
Lacroix
Saliba
Forfana
Badiashile
Todibo

It is crazy isn't it Samie.

It isn't just centre back. France could field a side of players that haven't made their squad who would be third or fourth favourites for the tournament.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #259 on: May 30, 2021, 01:46:42 am »

Then you have likes of:

Konate
Lacroix
Saliba
Forfana
Badiashile
Todibo

Think it's Kimpembe and Varane that usually starts for them.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: May 30, 2021, 01:55:53 am »
If that happened he’d be a starter for them straight away I’d guess. Rb haven’t really played him as I assume they knew he was going. There is also the injuries.

Maybe, but when it comes to central defenders and goalkeepers especially, international managers tend to prefer to stick with settled options instead of rotating every break.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: May 30, 2021, 04:14:07 am »
crazy amount of talent in defence

can tell why didier rather plays a conservative style.

think one of the interviews mentioned that he didn't ask for a first team spot and would rather fight for a place. thats a plus point in my book. slowly bed in the squad and hopefully take his chances when given if joe and matip manage to stay fit. he is still young so might have the time to learn epl and klopp methods

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #262 on: May 30, 2021, 12:31:49 pm »

Hitting the "Twitter-bollocks" bingo there!

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #263 on: May 30, 2021, 12:55:31 pm »

Didn't think he played against us in the CL?

Edit, I see that's been confirmed by others.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2021, 12:57:26 pm by JC the Messiah »
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: May 30, 2021, 01:12:23 pm »

You are Garth Crooks and I claim my £5
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #265 on: May 30, 2021, 01:16:33 pm »
You are Garth Crooks and I claim my £5

Nah, he hasn't blamed Salah for his performances in those games.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: May 30, 2021, 02:32:08 pm »
Haven't watched him play too much but I think there's two things we're going to ask him to work on based on highlights.

Not flying into tackles (unless absolutely necessary) and his passing.

Really hoping that the surgery did the job and he can be relied upon. At his age, his potential is through the roof.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #267 on: May 30, 2021, 02:35:18 pm »
Never watched him play.

Will not judge him until xmas
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
  • Nobody grows up wanting to be a Gary Neville
« Reply #268 on: May 30, 2021, 03:04:23 pm »
Another one who I can honestly say I don’t ever remember watching.  I’m sold on the YouTube vids though, think we have signed a monster to play alongside another monster   ;D

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #269 on: May 30, 2021, 03:33:20 pm »

Don't tempt fate or Mali will announce him for the 2022 Afcon  :wave
Linudden.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #270 on: May 30, 2021, 09:11:10 pm »
He looks a bit of a unit.
Doesn't look particularly fast, but must be pretty rapid to catch some of those strikers he caught up with and tackled.
I like his confidence and think he'll be especially good beside Virg.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #271 on: May 30, 2021, 10:29:43 pm »
He looks a bit of a unit.
Doesn't look particularly fast, but must be pretty rapid to catch some of those strikers he caught up with and tackled.
I like his confidence and think he'll be especially good beside Virg.

He was the fastest player in RB Leipzig and regarded to be one of the quicker CB's in Europe.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: May 30, 2021, 10:37:21 pm »
I must admit that I thought we'd be absolutely fine going into the season just gone with our current defenders. Didn't foresee the annihilation of them all though.

He's a top player but can it really be that  the main reason we bought him was because, aside from Van Dijk, everyone else is injury prone? It's just concerning that that would be a main factor in recruitment as it feels like we're just buying players for contingency sake. Surely there's more to it than that and the club recognise a proper world class centre back?

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #273 on: May 30, 2021, 10:59:49 pm »
He was the fastest player in RB Leipzig and regarded to be one of the quicker CB's in Europe.
That's good to know and proves my point.
Doesn't look fast, but is.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #274 on: May 30, 2021, 11:01:25 pm »

he wasn’t.

But he’s no slouch.

He wasn’t clocking numbers as fast this season as he was when he broke through at Leipzig. But he didn’t play an awful lot and didn’t have a long run of games, so maybe it’s something that’ll return.

Offline Red1976

• Main Stander
« Reply #275 on: May 30, 2021, 11:05:36 pm »
His injury history is massively overstated. The 3 muscle fibre injuries were the same one recurring and he hasn't had am issue since surgery nearly a year go now. Then his ankle injury that kept him out for two months this season which I'm assuming is a sprain. People are basing him being 'injury prone' off two injuries only.

I be a lot more reassured if Ibrahim Konate goes next season with no long-term injury. 

I disagree with your statement that "His injury history is massively overstated".  The torn muscle fibres in October 2019, May 2020 and July 2020 (36 games) either indicates he may have a congenital weakness; a hip weakness which throws his running; that the injury was not healed properly when he returned; or his running gait needs to be examined and improved. The last 2 are easy fixes, the first 2 are not. Congenital weakness in the muscle is pretty difficult to pick up in an medical exam, as it is can be at a microscopic level.

The ankle injury was more than a "sprain", but I appreciate why you said that for simplicity. It was ligament damage that kept him out for  9 games - it would have been more but for the winter break.  The injury was not "a year ago" it was in December 2020. So 5 months ago.

I just urge caution as there is no doubt that Ibrahim Konate looks a good player.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #276 on: May 30, 2021, 11:27:15 pm »

The ankle injury was more than a "sprain", but I appreciate why you said that for simplicity. It was ligament damage that kept him out for  9 games - it would have been more but for the winter break.  The injury was not "a year ago" it was in December 2020. So 5 months ago.

I just urge caution as there is no doubt that Ibrahim Konate looks a good player.

It kept him out for 6 weeks regardless. There was only a short winter break this season in Bundesliga.

At the end of the day, I am reasonably sure that they will have been very aware of the hip flexor issue and subsequent surgery when conducting the medical.

There is always a risk. Said it before - Keita is a prime example, barely missed a run of games in his career before arriving here and now he can’t seem to stay injury free for more than a couple weeks. Never any guarantees.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #277 on: May 31, 2021, 05:08:38 am »
he wasn’t.

But he’s no slouch.

He wasn’t clocking numbers as fast this season as he was when he broke through at Leipzig. But he didn’t play an awful lot and didn’t have a long run of games, so maybe it’s something that’ll return.

Pre injury he was. Having missed so many games in the last 2 seasons due to injuries it’ll be expected that he isn’t as quick just yet.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #278 on: May 31, 2021, 07:10:46 am »
I be a lot more reassured if Ibrahim Konate goes next season with no long-term injury. 

I disagree with your statement that "His injury history is massively overstated".  The torn muscle fibres in October 2019, May 2020 and July 2020 (36 games) either indicates he may have a congenital weakness; a hip weakness which throws his running; that the injury was not healed properly when he returned; or his running gait needs to be examined and improved. The last 2 are easy fixes, the first 2 are not. Congenital weakness in the muscle is pretty difficult to pick up in an medical exam, as it is can be at a microscopic level.

6 weeks out for ligament damage is a sprain no matter which way you look at it. I also didn't say it was a year ago I clearly said this season. The hip issue was a year ago and you're going into massive conjecture in thinking it's congenital, the fact is that he had the same hip flexor injury 3 times and hasn't had an issue since surgery. Sounds like you want him to be injury prone just to prove your point.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: May 31, 2021, 09:18:19 am »
Welcome to the greatest football club Konate! Wish you best luck!
Believer