Author Topic: Chewer of Toffees, scourge of Barça, Peeler of Spuds, Arse kicker, Wolves slayer  (Read 664137 times)

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
And not that he, or anyone, would be....but I genuinely think he could feel a bit aggrieved at not playing more often sometimes. We know he scores some huge goals from the fringes, but more and more recently he's looked genuinely quality when he's played (not like the CL Final where he was woeful and then scored the clincher :D)

I think he'll play a lot at Milan. They generally play 4-2-3-1 and have Giroud, Zlatan who are both 35+, Rebic who prefers to play on the left and Leao who's being used on the left. I think Div will slot right in and score plenty of goals there.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
Will miss our legend, but glad he’s getting a good move.

And if there’s any doubt what a pure heart Divock is, check this out:

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1527605057817964545?s

Getting pranked by Ox, but so cute how he sticks up for people in it before he realises it was a prank!

You can really see how he starts getting pissed off with the director bossing Ox and the "fan" around and then when he tries to get up and the director says "No Divock, stay" he just decides "Fuck it, I'm telling this guy where to put his attitude".

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Why do I recognise the fan, is he famous?
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Why do I recognise the fan, is he famous?

Adam Rowe.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
who?

he’s a comedian and podcaster and a huuuuuuge Reds fan.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Divock Origi. I salute you, Sir.

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Adam Rowe.

Ahh he did the Nationwide adverts too.

Ta. 
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
Hope were up 2 or 3 nill and he gets a good run out and send off

Such a humbe guy that never moaned, never complained and always gave his all when called upon.

Gave us some unforgettable memories for the rest of our lives

Liverpool Legend

Crazy that he is only 27 btw, long career ahead of him still. Going from one European Giant to another as well.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
He is a modern legend.

As has been said, worth more to us than a Torres or Suarez. We are where we are in part because of his critical contribution.  He made the difference; THE player who dragged us over the line in so many crucial games.

Not many players can make the boast. And although it's all about the team, Divock has brought us a unique and very special kind of joy.

I hope he reads this thread some day. Well, at least the stuff from 18-19 onwards 😁

Popcorn's Art

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Will miss our legend, but glad he’s getting a good move.

And if there’s any doubt what a pure heart Divock is, check this out:

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1527605057817964545?s

Getting pranked by Ox, but so cute how he sticks up for people in it before he realises it was a prank!

That's great from Divock, thanks for posting that. Pretty gutted that he's leaving, but what a mark he's left on this club, his legendary moments to matches ratio is mad :) What a guy!
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
What a guy! I'm not at all an emotional person but I may shed a tear on when he goes, hope he gets on the pitch one last time.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
I heard that last night's celebration across the park was actually in honour of Divock moving on.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online Redwhiteandnotblue

• God's spin doctor.
  • Legacy Fan
Sad to think that if it were not for Sheffield United blocking 5 substitutes he would certainly have played more games this season and triggered a 1 year extension in his contact.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
Absolute definition of a cult hero

Never got the minutes but he always got the moments

Good luck big Div

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f

Good luck big Div
Exactly. Some players could play 12 season and 300 games without making close to his imprint in the history books.
Milan sounds like a great move for him too.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
I heard that last night's celebration across the park was actually in honour of Divock moving on.

That would make more sense to be honest.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Someone needs to make that video: footage of some Sky head saying 'Divock Origi has agreed to join Milan and wil be leaving Liverpool this summer" followed by the Ev pitch invasion and celebrations.  ;D
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I think the thread tile should be changed to simply:

Divock Origi: Legend

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
What a guy! I'm not at all an emotional person but I may shed a tear on when he goes, hope he gets on the pitch one last time.

I may shed a tear too to be honest.

His story would make a great movie. From a kid who was racially abused to Champion League winner and cult hero of the greatest club in the world.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
It is extraordinarily difficult to find a player who could make a similar contribution like Div, he will be missed immensely. He is near his prime and knows that he can develop further, so being a permanent sub has its limited appeal.

Good luck in the future and thank you, Div, for the wonderful memories and the trophies you helped us win. Oh, and for the best goal of all times!
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
Cult hero *and* Liverpool Legend.

His contributions to our trophies have been essential. He's the man to score vital goals when we need them.

I'll miss him. I hope he does great in Italy.

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
Oh, and for the best goal of all times!

You say that, and I don't even know which one you mean - the one against Everton or the one against Barcelona. Which clearly shows he scored the best two goals of all time. ;D

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
You say that, and I don't even know which one you mean - the one against Everton or the one against Barcelona. Which clearly shows he scored the best two goals of all time. ;D
I stand corrected!

Offline Rafas3leggedtable

• Legacy Fan
I cannot be alone in thinking if Div will play a part in a crucial win tomorrow.
From a personal perspective, 4/12/21 will be always stamped in my memory as my dad passed away after a long illness,peaceful but with Liverpool on his mind. I had played to him Klopp's pre match interview and reminded him how well we were playing. As he lay in the room next door, Origi got that winner at Wolves and there were cheers and fist pumps inbetween the tears.
I would take exactly the same tomorrow.
The people of Liverpool are workers. This is not a rich town where everyone lives a comfortable life. They work hard for themselves, and this is what we at Liverpool like to do. This is the attitude we must all have.

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles

That absolutely nails it!

Have a gut feeling he has one more “moment” to leave us with, hope so.
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
I cannot be alone in thinking if Div will play a part in a crucial win tomorrow.

Are we loaning him to Villa for the day? ;D

Popcorn's Art

Online MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan

That subject heading format is being saved for when you leave/get banned.

Offline Bird Bird Bird The Bird Is The Word

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brace for Impact
Funny the thread title is mentioned cos I think the title perfectly represents an essence of Origi and his episodic greatness. The boastful mythology of a player that seemingly disappears, then appears, and defies, simply defies.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
The story isn't done yet ...

COME ON DIVOCK!!!!!!
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
It’s easily forgotten how fucking good he was going to be before that mongrel c*nt from Everton did him in.

But. Arguably the career he ended up having was better. His individual stats would’ve been better (he’d deffo have made the 100 club, and certainly had a better international career) - but footballs about moments. You could easily make the argument he’s made more ‘moments’ for the club than the likes of Owen, Fowler, Torres etc. What a man.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
Just one more legendary moment please Divock.

Actually, make that two ;D
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Just one more legendary moment please Divock.

Actually, make that two ;D
If we get two we should put in a statue for real.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan

My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
If we get two we should put in a statue for real.
Why Real? He's going to Milan.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
From a personal perspective, 4/12/21 will be always stamped in my memory as my dad passed away after a long illness,peaceful but with Liverpool on his mind. I had played to him Klopp's pre match interview and reminded him how well we were playing. As he lay in the room next door, Origi got that winner at Wolves and there were cheers and fist pumps inbetween the tears.
I would take exactly the same tomorrow.
Mate, that's sad and lovely at the same time

Offline KloppCorn

• Kopite
His trajectory was due to be high but for that disgusting challenge by that Everton bum Mori. Still one of my favourite finishers of all time. Will miss you Origi, best of luck in a team with good tradition.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
Hope he gets a guard of honour, he deserves it.

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
He’s a legend. Wonder where he fits in the list of legends on games played and goals scored

Offline Van Halen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader

Good luck big Div

I like this