Author Topic: Re: Liverpool Women FC (away vs Leicester - 18/05 - 15:00 ko) (*)  (Read 608027 times)

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool Women FC (Prenton Park vs Spurs 04/02 - 14:00 ko) (*)
« Reply #5120 on: February 4, 2024, 04:25:35 pm »
We were lucky to salvage that point.

I think it's time to ditch the WB system. We're conceding far too many to say there is any kind of defensive advantage and neither are we using its width to put crosses into the box. So I really don't see what it provides that we are then making the most of.

I'd like to see it ditched in favour of finding out whether having an extra forward, and therefore an increase in a more recognised and typical final third presence, makes any difference to our goal threat. I really don't think we're a challenge for anybody with a decent defense, whether we have the ball or they do.

But unfortunately, I'm not sure we have the FBs to switch until Hinds returns.
« Last Edit: February 4, 2024, 05:32:01 pm by kellan »

Offline LeoT

• ayer - makes me feel like daaaancin'...... Is now officially a wannabeliever......
  • Anny Roader
  • My cup is barely even half empty
« Reply #5121 on: February 5, 2024, 11:32:47 am »
We were lucky to salvage that point.

I think it's time to ditch the WB system. We're conceding far too many to say there is any kind of defensive advantage and neither are we using its width to put crosses into the box. So I really don't see what it provides that we are then making the most of.

I'd like to see it ditched in favour of finding out whether having an extra forward, and therefore an increase in a more recognised and typical final third presence, makes any difference to our goal threat. I really don't think we're a challenge for anybody with a decent defense, whether we have the ball or they do.

But unfortunately, I'm not sure we have the FBs to switch until Hinds returns.

I'm ok with playing wing backs.

But I am concerned that we don't actually have anyone except Hinds who can play left side Wingback.
Fisk & Matthews are both central defenders who double up as conventional full backs.

Maybe the first substitution should have been Parry on for Matthews with Koivisto going to the left wing back position??
Or Yana (though she's a forward, not a wing back), maybe we could have brought her on for Matthews as a wingback??

We got a draw, so I don't feel so bad about it.  I would have been furious if it was us who lead and Spurs equalized late though.
My cup is barely even half empty

Offline LeoT

• ayer - makes me feel like daaaancin'...... Is now officially a wannabeliever......
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #5122 on: February 7, 2024, 09:48:55 am »
Next up we're away to London City, in the FA cup, this Sunday afternoon.
Quite looking forward to attending this one.

On paper its an easy game as London City haven't won any of their last 5 games, and are 3rd from bottom of the championship.
But its a cup game, anything could happen, so we should approach it with a strong intent to win as we do any other important game.

Hopefully some game time for Parry, Daniels, Enderby and Lundgaard who have had limited time so far this season.

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5123 on: February 7, 2024, 10:18:54 pm »
London City Lionesses P-P Arsenal: League Cup quarter-final postponed -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68231989

They've forecast rain for the next few days here in London.
I'm hoping Sunday's FA cup match is still on.

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5124 on: February 8, 2024, 05:02:49 pm »
LCL have fired both the manager and assistant manager. The announcement came last night, right around the time the referee would have been blowing for HT in the postponed Arsenal match.

Naturally, the conspiracy theories are flying.

It's quite possible they've seen Brighton fire Melissa Phillips last week and decided to offer her her old job back. But given they've now been taken over by Michele Kang, you've got to think she could have thrown cash at anybody in an attempt to retain Championship status.

I expect our game against them is coming too soon for any of this to really matter. We should be getting a comfortable win regardless. But it does mean there are more layers to the match than there otherwise would have been.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5125 on: February 11, 2024, 11:27:20 am »
London City vs Liverpool - FA Cup - 5th Round - 14:00 UK - Princes Park - [FA Player]

liverpoolfc.com match centre

Team
XI:
subs:

Other Fixtures
Leicester City 6-2 Birmingham City
Tottenham 1-0 Charlton Athletic
Arsenal vs Manchester City - 12:30 [BBC Two]
Wolves vs Brighton - 13:00 [FA Player]
Southampton vs Manchester United - 14:00 [FA Player]
Chelsea vs Crystal Palace -14:00 [FA Player]
Nottingham Forest vs Everton - 16:00 [FA Player]

[FA Player] - https://faplayer.thefa.com or app - free to view but registration required. ALL matches are live steamed but are restricted subject to local broadcast deals. Check the FAQs for details of broadcast deals in your country OR use a VPN set to a country without a broadcast deal (France) to access all streams. Alternate streams likely available in the usual places.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Re: Re: Liverpool Women FC (away vs London City - FA Cup - 11/02 - 14:00 ko) (*)
« Reply #5126 on: February 11, 2024, 02:31:08 pm »

London City Lionesses 0 - [1] Liverpool; Roman Haug on 6' - https://twitter.com/AdobeWFACup/status/1756682638658551874 & https://v.redd.it/cspzpy0avyhc1

^ quality cross from Jasmine Matthews for it too - https://twitter.com/AdobeWFACup/status/1756684713920446550

London City Lionesses 0 - [2] Liverpool; Lawley on 67' - https://twitter.com/AdobeWFACup/status/1756701211359637985 & https://v.redd.it/krt3kldh6zhc1

0-2; full-time ;D

some post-match content of the players with the fans: https://twitter.com/AdobeWFACup/status/1756714942932086931

decent official Womens FA Cup twitter account for goals etc - https://twitter.com/AdobeWFACup

match report: www.liverpoolfc.com/news/lfc-women-beat-london-city-lionesses-reach-fa-cup-quarter-finals

'London City 0-2 Liverpool FC Women | Highlights' - 2 minute video from LFC:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/PVIka3KtPF8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/PVIka3KtPF8</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/PVIka3KtPF8

« Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 05:06:44 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool Women FC (away vs London City - FA Cup - 11/02 - 14:00 ko) (*)
« Reply #5127 on: February 11, 2024, 02:33:24 pm »
Does this woman ever score with her left or right foot?  ;D

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5128 on: February 11, 2024, 04:55:17 pm »
I enjoyed the game.
Not sure how we didn't go in 5:0 at half time,  So many good chances not converted.
Glad we went on and won.

Offline jediwarrior

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5129 on: February 12, 2024, 03:58:01 pm »
Only saw the last 30 mins as I was out, but it looked like a comfortable win. Think they had a couple of chances at the end. Do think on the last 30 mins I saw that we miss a cutting edge up top, a real top scorer or someone to unlock a defence.

Still into the last 8 of the club some big sides left so it could be tough. Maybe home to Brighton or Leicester would be the best draw for us.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
Re: Re: Liverpool Women FC (away vs London City - FA Cup - 11/02 - 14:00 ko) (*)
« Reply #5130 on: February 12, 2024, 07:27:04 pm »
Leicester at home in the FA cup

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5131 on: February 12, 2024, 07:47:50 pm »
Full draw:

Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester City
Liverpool v Leicester City
Brighton & Hove Albion v Manchester United
Everton v Chelsea

9-10th March - which is the weekend between an away trip to Villa and a home match vs West Ham

We've really not done too badly at all here.

You have to go back to 18/19 to find us in the quarterfinal draw, so for this particular draw to have given us a decent shot of getting to the semis is very generous and very welcome.

Offline cissesbeard

• Kopite
« Reply #5132 on: February 12, 2024, 07:54:07 pm »
Full draw:

Everton v Chelsea

9-10th March - which is the weekend between an away trip to Villa and a home match vs West Ham

You have to go back to 18/19 to find us in the quarterfinal draw, so for this particular draw to have given us a decent shot of getting to the semis is very generous and very welcome.

decent draw, was hoping we'd get everton. would've been nice for 2 of utd, city or chelsea to have got drawn together.

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5133 on: February 14, 2024, 02:40:59 pm »
Full draw:

Everton v Chelsea

I was hoping for Brighton away (cos I live in down south), I was also hoping 2 of the top 4  (ManC, ManU and Chelsea) would be drawn against each other.
But I guess Leicester at home is a decent draw.

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
Re: Liverpool Women FC (away vs Brighton - 18/02 - 12:00 ko) (*)
« Reply #5134 on: February 15, 2024, 12:08:16 pm »
I was watching the end of yesterday's London City vs Arsenal game then noticed a familiar face.

I'd been wondering what had happened to Jade Bailey, she kinda went under the radar after leaving Liverpool.
Looks like Jade's signed for London City Lionesses.

https://www.londoncitylionesses.com/post/jade-bailey-puts-pen-to-paper-with-london-city-lionesses

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5135 on: February 18, 2024, 09:18:54 am »
Brighton vs Liverpool - WSL - GW14 - 12:00 UK - Broadfield Stadium - [SKY SPORTS/Local Broadcaster]

Team
XI:
subs:

Other Fixtures
Chelsea 0-1 Manchester City
Arsenal 3-1 Manchester United
Everton vs West Ham - 13:00 [FA Player]
Tottenham vs Aston Villa - 14:00 [FA Player]
Leicester vs Bristol City -15:00 [FA Player]

[FA Player] - https://faplayer.thefa.com or app - free to view but registration required. ALL matches are live steamed but are restricted subject to local broadcast deals. Check the FAQs for details of broadcast deals in your country OR use a VPN set to a country without a broadcast deal (France) to access all streams. Alternate streams likely available in the usual places.

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5136 on: February 18, 2024, 11:02:18 am »
Seems crazy that this game is so early, not sure how many Liverpool fans would have got on the bus at what must have been silly o-clock this morning.

I live down south so it's only a 1:45 hour journey for me, but it still seems really early to be going to the football.

Offline missis sumner

• Not giving it up for Capon, not even when he understands her yet none of her friends does.....
  • Kopite
  • G'wan, my son
« Reply #5137 on: February 18, 2024, 11:45:16 am »
If you don't have Sky but have a VPN, set it to France, and it looks like you can still watch this match on the FA Player.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5138 on: February 18, 2024, 01:29:00 pm »
This fixture is quite the curse for referees. We were supposed to have Phoebe Cross but we got Amy Fearne instead, and now Amy Fearne herself is injured so the dreaded Emily Heaslip has had to come on and do the second half.

Still winning though. 1-0, 20min left.

Online Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Re: Liverpool Women FC (away vs Brighton - 18/02 - 12:00 ko) (*)
« Reply #5139 on: February 18, 2024, 01:58:42 pm »
Well done. 1-0 full time.

Had to really battle at the end there, kept the ball up the other end very well.
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Re: Re: Liverpool Women FC (away vs Brighton - 18/02 - 12:00 ko) (*)
« Reply #5140 on: February 18, 2024, 02:03:38 pm »

Brighton 0 - 1 Liverpool; Ceri Holland goal on 53' - https://twitter.com/BarclaysWSL/status/1759204984288166398

0-1; full-time. ;D

'Brighton 0-1 Liverpool FC Women | Highlights' - 2 minute video from LFC:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/VV2uNqCKbBI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/VV2uNqCKbBI</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/VV2uNqCKbBI

« Last Edit: February 19, 2024, 06:00:47 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5141 on: February 18, 2024, 02:37:36 pm »
@TomJGarry
Liverpool are now just two points behind fourth-placed Manchester United after 14 #BarclaysWSL games
For context, the two clubs were 33 points apart at the end of last season's 22-game #BarclaysWSL campaign
https://twitter.com/TomJGarry/status/1759217873719812478

Top 4 is really looking like a top 3 this season. Would love to pip United to 4th. They're our last home match of the season (second to last overall)

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5142 on: February 18, 2024, 04:30:56 pm »
Decent game, thought it was quite even overall.
Not that many clear cut chances for either team.
We seemed to have lost all momentum after the changes in the 2nd half.

Glad we won.

Offline jediwarrior

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #5143 on: February 19, 2024, 09:29:06 am »
Yeah after we scored we seem to fall apart and couldn't get control of the ball. Good to hang on for the win I would've been fewming if we dropped points at the end as these are the teams we need to start beating week in and week out to get closer to the Top 3.

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5144 on: February 26, 2024, 09:56:22 am »
...Man Alive!!!!

I HATE INTERNATIONAL BREAKS :(

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5145 on: March 3, 2024, 10:54:23 am »
Aston Villa vs Liverpool - WSL - GW15 - 14:00 UK - Poundland Bescot Stadium - [FA Player]

Team
XI:
subs:

Other Fixtures
Manchester City 2-1 Everton
Arsenal vs Tottenham - 12:30 [BBC Two]
Bristol City vs Brighton - 14:00 [FA Player]
West Ham vs Manchester United - 15:00 [FA Player]
Leicester vs Chelsea -18:00 [SKY SPORTS/Local Broadcaster]

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Last Edit: March 3, 2024, 04:59:10 pm by oojason »

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
Re: Liverpool Women FC (away vs Villa - 03/03 - 14:00 ko) (*)
« Reply #5147 on: March 3, 2024, 06:46:27 pm »
Good win.
A bit shaky after the penalty, but we looked better 2nd half.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5148 on: March 3, 2024, 06:58:55 pm »
Having a full time training base is doing wonders for the Women's side. Who'd have thunk it? ;D

Offline In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5149 on: March 3, 2024, 09:46:27 pm »

8 points clear of Everton, I guess our girls are on the PED too  ;D
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5150 on: March 4, 2024, 09:18:14 am »
8 points clear of Everton, I guess our girls are on the PED too  ;D
Now 11pts clear  8)

United conceded an 85th minute equaliser yesterday, which now leaves the two of us level on points (though they have a +11 advantage in GD)

The other table positive to come out of this weekend: we're now on 25pts - which is two more than we managed in the whole of last season. There are still 21 points for us to play for.

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Re: Re: Liverpool Women FC (away vs Leicester - 09/03 - 12:00 ko) (*)
« Reply #5151 on: March 4, 2024, 05:02:02 pm »

'Aston Villa 1-4 Liverpool Women | Highlights' - 2 minute video from LFC:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/pwlDosia5TY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/pwlDosia5TY</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/pwlDosia5TY

Offline BassTunedToRed

• This X-Axis goes up to 11.
  • Kopite
    • Bass Tuned To Red
Re: Liverpool Women FC (away vs Leicester - 09/03 - 12:00 ko) (*)
« Reply #5152 on: March 5, 2024, 02:33:54 pm »
So much improvement since last season: up 13 points and 16 GD on the corresponding fixtures.

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Re: Re: Liverpool Women FC (away vs Leicester - 09/03 - 12:00 ko) (*)
« Reply #5153 on: March 8, 2024, 10:50:27 am »
'Matt Beard On The Women’s FA Cup | TAW Special' - 9 minute video, from The Anfield Wrap:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/x2rIbkQWUUA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/x2rIbkQWUUA</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/x2rIbkQWUUA

Liverpool Women v Leicester City Women : Women's FA Cup Quarter-Final : Saturday 9th March - a 12 noon kick off. Live in the UK on The FA Player.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023%E2%80%9324_Women%27s_FA_Cup : https://twitter.com/AdobeWFACup : www.thefa.com/competitions/the-womens-fa-cup

« Last Edit: March 8, 2024, 10:54:11 am by oojason »

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool Women FC (home vs Leicester - 09/03 - 12:00 ko) (*)
« Reply #5154 on: March 9, 2024, 08:55:00 am »
Liverpool vs Leicester - FA Cup - QF - 12:00 UK - Prenton Park - [FA Player]

Team
XI:
subs:

Other Fixtures
9/3 - Brighton vs Manchester United - 17:15 [FA Player]
10/3 - Everton vs Chelsea - 13:00 [BBC iPlayer]
10/3 - Tottenham vs Manchester City - 15:00 [FA Player]

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Re: Re: Liverpool Women FC (home vs Leicester - 09/03 - 12:00 ko) (*)
« Reply #5155 on: March 9, 2024, 12:31:56 pm »

Liverpool 0 - [1] Leicester; Rantala goal on 15' - https://twitter.com/AdobeWFACup/status/1766439634488160729

Liverpool 0 - [2] Leicester; Rantala goal on 63' - https://twitter.com/AdobeWFACup/status/1766456538963612092

0-2; full-time.   BBC Live Match Blog thing: www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/68337703

Match Report: www.liverpoolfc.com/news/liverpool-bow-out-womens-fa-cup-after-leicester-defeat

« Last Edit: March 9, 2024, 02:46:30 pm by oojason »

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5156 on: March 9, 2024, 02:15:25 pm »
Really poor game from us.
We didn't really look like a team, but Leicester did.

The midfield didn't really link the defence to the attack.
No-one had a particularly bad game , but no-one looked good either. Just didn't play as a unit.

Enderby worked hard, but doesn't yet have the quality to score goals against a good Leicester defence.
Lundgaard did better than I thought she'd do. But she doesn't yet have the ability to receive the ball under pressure and start a transition forward like Fuka does.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5157 on: March 9, 2024, 02:34:19 pm »
Lundgaard did better than I thought she'd do. But she doesn't yet have the ability to receive the ball under pressure and start a transition forward like Fuka does.
Nagano has a hamstring issue. It was scanned yesterday. I've not seen an update. But Beard said he was hoping the scan would be clear - as opposed to saying something that implied he knew for sure that bad news was coming. Hopefully it's nothing serious.

She has been overplayed if we compare her to many others in the squad. Beard has been heavily rotating in pretty much every outfield position except hers. She starts almost every game and it's rare for her to be subbed off. Probably because we have no natural/readymade back-up. We can put that on the shopping list for the summer.

Also on the list: clinical goal scorers. It must be 10 years since I was able to feel like we had some of those.

Offline BassTunedToRed

• This X-Axis goes up to 11.
  • Kopite
    • Bass Tuned To Red
« Reply #5158 on: March 9, 2024, 02:58:20 pm »
Very disappointing today. Might have been a different game if the Hobinger chance had gone in but it was a pretty toothless display.

Online Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5159 on: March 9, 2024, 08:28:55 pm »
Bummer  :(
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin