Author Topic: Re: Liverpool Women FC (home vs Chelsea - 01/05 - 19:00 ko) (*)  (Read 599283 times)

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
That interview is nicely timed. She posted this just now...

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
Awesome news that!  ;D

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
That interview is nicely timed. She posted this just now...

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
iseewhatyoudidthere 😜

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
A really emotional Rylee Foster interview  (....really good watch)

https://video.liverpoolfc.com/player/0_2kx4fuz8/

Just got around to watching this.

Wow. Just wow. Inspirational.

YNWA Rylee  :scarf
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline On Axis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool Women FC (Championship winners 2021-22, promoted back to WSL!!!) (*)
« Reply #4325 on: February 10, 2023, 02:00:35 pm »
New Women's Show with Miri Taylor and Tash Dowie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AalMGHP15cQ

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 01:49:09 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Re: Liverpool Women FC (Championship winners 2021-22, promoted back to WSL!!!) (*)
« Reply #4327 on: February 12, 2023, 02:12:04 pm »
Leicester 1-0 up on 8 mins; Cain the scorer - https://twitter.com/BarclaysWSL/status/1624773776146862081

Leicester's Bott hits the bar from distance on 16 mins - gk Laws looked to have hit her head off the post while saving it. Seems to be okay after some treatment.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 02:22:38 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4328 on: February 12, 2023, 03:03:18 pm »
Another game where we only start playing well as a reaction to not having been playing well. And this time, we're a goal down because of it.

It's a shame we couldn't have done a Villa. They conceded against Brighton in the 3rd minute and have just gone in at half-time 5-1 up.

I'll settle for 2-1 at full-time for us.

Offline On Axis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4329 on: February 12, 2023, 04:02:45 pm »
Awful result. Didn't really show much threat in attack at all outside of a couple instances. I still back this group to the hilt but they need to be more front foot from the start.

Really hope they try playing Dowie and Stengel together up top.

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #4330 on: February 12, 2023, 04:03:10 pm »

Bugger. 1-0 to Leicester; full time.

A couple of chances on 67 mins - keeper saved well from close-range though we should have scored - and we hit the bar following up.

Missy hit the post late on, and a couple of scrambles - but not enough attack-wise. Leicester were dogged and broke up our play well (mostly with some timewasting).

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4331 on: February 12, 2023, 04:03:48 pm »
Awful result. Didn't really show much threat in attack at all outside of a couple instances. I still back this group to the hilt but they need to be more front foot from the start.

Really hope they try playing Dowie and Stengel together up top.
I'm surprised we took Stengel off for Dowie and at the same time I'm not surprised at all. Forward for forward makes sense, right? So not surprised at the substitution in that sense. But I figured the whole point of Dowie coming in would be to change the dynamics of our attack, yet it just seemed to me like we put Dowie in the Stengel role and prayed something different would come about for having done it.

Offline LeoT

• ayer - makes me feel like daaaancin'...... Is now officially a wannabeliever......
  • Anny Roader
  • My cup is barely even half empty
« Reply #4332 on: February 12, 2023, 04:06:28 pm »

I totally understand why the match was cancelled, its right for public & player safety to come first.
However, I'm annoyed at the timing of this extra cold weather.
With our luck the match will probably be re-scheduled in between 2 other really important matches, Leicester may have baught a couple of players and stabilised their ship, we will probably have a number of key players out. Then we'll end up dropping points.

But that's probably just the pessimistic side of me coming out.  :-\

...Quoting my post from back in December  >:(
My cup is barely even half empty

Offline LeoT

• ayer - makes me feel like daaaancin'...... Is now officially a wannabeliever......
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #4333 on: February 12, 2023, 04:16:33 pm »
Leicester have been rock solid defensively lately. Their new coach as done very well to fix their previously appalling defence.

We didn't really do enough to win.
I don't remember their keeper making a bunch of great saves or anything like that, it was just a lot of good, solid, robust defending.

The worst result possible leaves us in a proper relegation battle, (...Just 5 points off the bottom of the table).

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4334 on: February 12, 2023, 04:20:11 pm »
I'm surprised we took Stengel off for Dowie and at the same time I'm not surprised at all. Forward for forward makes sense, right? So not surprised at the substitution in that sense. But I figured the whole point of Dowie coming in would be to change the dynamics of our attack, yet it just seemed to me like we put Dowie in the Stengel role and prayed something different would come about for having done it.

I didn't expect that substitution either. Not sure it made any real difference to the dynamics of the match.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4335 on: February 12, 2023, 04:30:10 pm »
The worst result possible leaves us in a proper relegation battle, (...Just 5 points off the bottom of the table).
I think the only positive from this weekend is that the results haven't seen anyone switch places. Leicester won but still haven't closed the gap on Reading (who didn't play because every fixture this weekend was a rescheduled one). Brighton lost. Spurs lost. We lost. It still leaves three teams between us and a Leicester who, despite picking up points lately, can't get off the bottom of the table just yet. I'd still rather be in our shoes than in the shoes of any of those four teams. But I've now started to see people finally talk about Spurs being in the relegation fight after their seventh defeat in a row, and I think it's only fair that, if it is being pointed out how Spurs shouldn't be thinking themselves too good to go down, then we shouldn't be either.

There's an international window now, and I really hope we make the most of it integrating Dowie. Arsenal is the first game after the break. Then Spurs. We can absolutely take points that we need from those fixtures, and I do think that, if we can, then we're safely over the line. But I've been saying this since our November fixtures. It feels like every time we get within touching distance we decide we would rather not get the job done.

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4336 on: February 12, 2023, 06:31:23 pm »
I manage to get a free stream for this one not much to add to what's been said a poor effort disappointing.A month to work on how to put together some quality attacking play.What happened to that Young lass Silcock doesn't get a look in,she was great in that cup(?)game earlier this season?

Offline jediwarrior

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #4337 on: February 12, 2023, 09:12:19 pm »
Awful result for us that today. Needed a point the minimum today.

Still we went to the Brighton game today and they were dreadful. Made Villa look like a world class team. Brighton will be very worried a about relegation if they keep playing like that.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4338 on: February 13, 2023, 08:28:04 am »
I manage to get a free stream for this one not much to add to what's been said a poor effort disappointing.A month to work on how to put together some quality attacking play.What happened to that Young lass Silcock doesn't get a look in,she was great in that cup(?)game earlier this season?
It doesn’t look like Beard trusts some of our defenders. At least, not to the degree that he trusts others. Robe and Silcock haven’t had much of a go this season. Silcock can be put down to age, if we choose to. Whereas Robe just don’t appear to be fancied. Though she has got onto the pitch in the last few weeks. I thought she could have come on yesterday, too. But I could say that about a number of games. For me, she hasn’t been allowed to contribute to the extent that she could have. Especially when considering that we have so often played a system that requires three CB but not used three natural CBs for it.

Silcock was unavailable for a couple of matches recently because she was doing her A Levels. Presumably her personal circumstances aren’t suited to her being loaned out right now, but I do think she shows too much promise to again be sitting on our bench for practically a whole season while only getting a handful of cup games. Ideally, we’ll secure our place in the WSL at some point within the next few weeks and then have a run of fixtures left that mean so little we’ll be able to let Silcock play and see how she does. I guess that’s the only way to find out if she can go into the team for next season or would benefit from a loan. We’re not against doing those. Silcock is the same age as Lucy Parry, who is right now on loan at Hibs.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4339 on: February 13, 2023, 08:55:36 am »
We didn't really do enough to win.
I don't remember their keeper making a bunch of great saves or anything like that, it was just a lot of good, solid, robust defending.
I counted three shots off the frame and one that looked like it was stopped on the line. The chances were there. And they were the kind of the chances that have people saying 'that goes in on another day...'

But actually, for us, it's very often hard to imagine it would go in if the same scenario played out again in another match.

I do agree that our general attacking play yesterday wasn't enough though, despite hitting the post as many times as we did. I can't think how else to describe our performance except to say that it was just very us.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4340 on: February 13, 2023, 12:01:15 pm »
Ooooh look what someone got as a gift today - shiny, green, authoritative  ;D

Offline On Axis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4341 on: February 13, 2023, 01:30:24 pm »
Agreed that the substitution makes sense. I echo what was said on the TAW Pink post-Leicester in that 5 at the back at home vs Leicester seems too conservative, which is why I'd like to see those two up top. It may not come off but Stengel has seemed a lonely figure up front this season with the injury to Kiernan and van de Sanden struggling with fitness.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4342 on: February 13, 2023, 03:56:00 pm »
Ooooh look what someone got as a gift today - shiny, green, authoritative  ;D

Where was the vote. I missed it.  ;D

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4343 on: February 14, 2023, 11:26:46 am »
I counted three shots off the frame and one that looked like it was stopped on the line. The chances were there. And they were the kind of the chances that have people saying 'that goes in on another day...'

But actually, for us, it's very often hard to imagine it would go in if the same scenario played out again in another match.

I do agree that our general attacking play yesterday wasn't enough though, despite hitting the post as many times as we did. I can't think how else to describe our performance except to say that it was just very us.

Actually, I think whilst watching it on Sunday on Liverpool FC TV I was watching through the lens of eager expectation, followed by angst after 10 min, then huge disappointment as the game progressed.

After watching the game again last night on the FA player, I think you are right, we did deserve to get something out of the game.

I still can't fathom why Matt insists on starting with 3 central defenders against Leicester. Or why he took Stengel off for Dowie, personally speaking I think Stengel is better than Dowie (though I hope Dowie does so well that I'm proved wrong). Surely we should have had the 2 of them on the pitch together 2nd half and taken off a defender???

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4344 on: February 14, 2023, 03:45:44 pm »
Actually, I think whilst watching it on Sunday on Liverpool FC TV I was watching through the lens of eager expectation, followed by angst after 10 min, then huge disappointment as the game progressed.

After watching the game again last night on the FA player, I think you are right, we did deserve to get something out of the game.

I still can't fathom why Matt insists on starting with 3 central defenders against Leicester. Or why he took Stengel off for Dowie, personally speaking I think Stengel is better than Dowie (though I hope Dowie does so well that I'm proved wrong). Surely we should have had the 2 of them on the pitch together 2nd half and taken off a defender???
There was a comment from Beard somewhere (I think in his post match write up on the main site?) saying that it was a deliberate choice to play with wingbacks because Leicester concede most of their goals from crosses, or something to that effect. I'm not the team's opposition analyst, so I'll just roll with it. I suppose there's as much logic behind it as there isn't any logic behind playing with so many defenders in a game like this at all.

It's also worth pointing out that Koivisto wasn't available. We went with wingbacks when our starting one for the right side couldn't play. And also when Roberts, who I'm going to guess is our 2nd choice, was coming back from a long absence, and from the looks of things might not have been fit for 90 minutes. She was replaced by Daniels, of course. Did we have the personel for such a gameplan? We certainly didn't have the perfect match squad for it.

For me, I think it goes either way on the wingbacks being the right system to start with. But I would also say that, once it became time to make the defensive change that we did, we should probably have considered that the moment to ditch the shape. I can only assume we decided to stick with the shape instead of twist because we were growing into the game. Had we twisted, it would have become much easier to put Stengel and Dowie on the pitch together. But I do think the decision with these two is a seperate question mark of its own.

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4345 on: February 16, 2023, 12:00:49 am »
I think I'm just a bit annoyed that we could have been sitting in relative safety over the international break, but instead we're back in a 5 horse relegation race.

The last time I saw us fighting against relegation we bottled it in games that we were really capable of winning and then went down based on some mathematical algorithm.

Next up Arsenal (...I'm gonna try to get a ticket)

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4346 on: February 16, 2023, 12:13:06 am »
I think I'm just a bit annoyed that we could have been sitting in relative safety over the international break, but instead we're back in a 5 horse relegation race.

The last time I saw us fighting against relegation we bottled it in games that we were really capable of winning and then went down based on some mathematical algorithm.

Next up Arsenal (...I'm gonna try to get a ticket)

Sold Out already  >:(

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4347 on: February 16, 2023, 04:18:47 pm »
Sold Out already  >:(
Contact the supporters group. I see them asking for spares fairly regularly over on twitter. I've always assumed they're asking on behalf of people like yourself. They're also heavily involved in the club's away game bus, so would probably be pretty well informed about whether anybody who is booked onto it is dropping out.

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4348 on: February 16, 2023, 04:25:26 pm »
Is it true the Arsenal game at Meadow Park has been rescheduled? Does anyone know when it’s likely to be?

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4349 on: February 16, 2023, 05:15:37 pm »
Is it true the Arsenal game at Meadow Park has been rescheduled? Does anyone know when it’s likely to be?
The original date of 5 March is the same date as the league cup final, which Arsenal have just reached. So yes, our trip to Meadow Park will be rescheduled. Probably for the 8th. Although nothing is officially announced yet.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4350 on: February 17, 2023, 02:16:52 pm »
The derby at Goodison has had its date brought forward to the Friday night after being picked for TV. It's now 24 March. Kick off at 7.30pm

We have an allocation of 1,595.

Online sales only, starting 20 February. Women's team season tickets holders first. General sale starts 23 February.

Full details at the link https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/womens-merseyside-derby-away-ticket-details

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4351 on: February 17, 2023, 02:33:56 pm »
The original date of 5 March is the same date as the league cup final, which Arsenal have just reached. So yes, our trip to Meadow Park will be rescheduled. Probably for the 8th. Although nothing is officially announced yet.
It now is officially announced... 8 March, 7.15pm

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4352 on: February 17, 2023, 06:32:14 pm »
The derby at Goodison has had its date brought forward to the Friday night after being picked for TV. It's now 24 March. Kick off at 7.30pm

We have an allocation of 1,595.

Online sales only, starting 20 February. Women's team season tickets holders first. General sale starts 23 February.

Full details at the link https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/womens-merseyside-derby-away-ticket-details

To bad it's not 1,995 allocation... :P

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4353 on: February 18, 2023, 01:01:17 pm »
To bad it's not 1,995 allocation... :P
I once heard there isn't a single computer at Everton able to input that particular combination of numbers. Blue screen, every time.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Well this isn't at all what I thought I'd be bumping the thread with to end the international break... ???

Eartha Cumings has gone on an emergency loan to Everton. Two-weeks, apparently.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/eartha-cumings-joins-everton-loan

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
Well, they are in the relegation zone....  :-X

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
United 3-1 Leicester
City 3-1 Spurs
Reading 2-1 West Ham

The Reading result is a bit of a downer, but there are five teams in the mix at the bottom end of the table and that's just too many to be hoping that all results in addition to our own will go in our favour every single weekend. If we had that kind of luck, we wouldn't be in the position we are in in the first place.

The league cup final that is being played right now has pushed two games to Wednesday. We're at Arsenal, Brighton are at Chelsea.

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
I was hoping the cup final would have gone to extra time yesterday, with tackles flying in, red cards, and some minor, niggling injuries to key Arsenal players, (the kind of injuries that would just need 4 or 5 days rest).

That didn't happen, so I'm now hoping that 6 or 7 key members of the Arsenal team go on a massssive, booze fuelled bender to celebrate their cup win. Then finally sober up on Thursday morning thinking "when's the Liverpool game?"

If either of those things happened then the fatigue may have worked in our favour for this Wednesday's league match.
Alas its looking like they will probably have a couple of days rest, then utilize more of the international players in their huge squad.

Looking at how Arsenal played against Chelsea, I'm not expecting too much from this Wednesday's game.
I wont be too bothered about the result, cos we're not competing with Arsenal or the other clubs up at the top of the league, as long as we perform well, get no injuries, and don't get smashed in a way that impacts our goal difference.

Having said that, anything can happen in 90 minutes of football.
« Last Edit: March 6, 2023, 03:28:38 pm by LeoT »

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Stengel was down in London for the FA Cup match between Arsenal and Chelsea last weekend. There was a wonderful shot of her grimacing when Blackstenius missed another one of her sitters. Somehow, Blackstenius managed to score yesterday. I hope it was a fluke and not the floodgates opening for her because I want more wonderful shots of Stengel, this time giggling when Blackstenius has the ball landing in the Mersey. I understand that this post is probably jinxing us and she will now bag a hattrick.

Either way, I'm not expecting much from the game. Arsenal have now played two, while we haven't been on the pitch properly as a team for almost a month thanks to the joke that is the WSL's typical second half of the season scheduling. I'm just going to take the match as a chance to get rid of the rust ahead of Spurs on Sunday... who are on an 8-match losing streak in the league. If we can't get points against them, we deserve to be mixed up in the threat of relegation.

Arsenal first though. Any kind of result would be nice but I'll settle for everyone getting through it in one piece. Beard's column today doesn't paint a pretty picture of our fitness status even before Wednesday. Dowie has a hamstring injury, out for at least a month. He has been secretive with the other names. I'm trying not to read too much into the latest set of training photos because I was struggling to count enough faces to field a team.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Here's a weird one... Brighton just announced that Scheuer is out by mutual consent. He had only been there for two months. Must have only had about 6 matches in charge and half were cup games. It's really quite odd if they have sacked him. Very Everton, if so. But that's their problem. Even more instability for them can only be good for us.