Author Topic: Esports Boxing Club  (Read 4051 times)

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
Esports Boxing Club
« on: April 4, 2021, 12:09:16 pm »
I was a massive Fight Night fan and have been so confused to why EA haven't added another title to the series.

Anyway, looks like someone is ready to fill the boxing gap in the market with this summer release.

The link below has gameplay and career mode footage.

Im hoping it's good and praying for full licenced roster.

https://youtu.be/XmyGflFbdrU
"Salahs in here......"

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
Re: Esports Boxing Club
« Reply #1 on: April 4, 2021, 02:38:45 pm »
Well in for this, found it last week, I play Fight Night Champion on a PS3 emulator to get my fill, and this looks smart

I was a massive Fight Night fan and have been so confused to why EA haven't added another title to the series.

Anyway, looks like someone is ready to fill the boxing gap in the market with this summer release.

The link below has gameplay and career mode footage.

Im hoping it's good and praying for full licenced roster.

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/XmyGflFbdrU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/XmyGflFbdrU</a>

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #2 on: April 4, 2021, 04:17:59 pm »
Got to laugh at Eddie Hall as a current fighter  ;D

Looks decent, I’m hoping it will play well when it’s out and have a comprehensive career mode. I still sometimes fire up Fight Night Champion which visually looks decent to this day.

I certainly hope they’ll have more fighters available than that but it’s a start. Severe lack of the A list names in the heavier weights. Having said that, if it plays well I won’t really care, a good career mode will make a good narrative even out of made up fighters.
« Last Edit: April 4, 2021, 04:19:36 pm by Drinks Sangria »
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: April 4, 2021, 06:03:17 pm »
The character creation suite looks amazing. Hope you can make Ali and PRINCE NASEEM

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: April 5, 2021, 07:39:25 am »
I've been following them on all social media, looks like a brilliant game. Just hoping it has a good boxer creation mode for any fighters they can't get licenses for and a solid career mode. Visually it looks stunning.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: April 5, 2021, 10:45:07 am »
I've been following them on all social media, looks like a brilliant game. Just hoping it has a good boxer creation mode for any fighters they can't get licenses for and a solid career mode.

That's what I'm excited about, from their FAQ:

Steam Workshop with custom fighters would be amazing

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2021, 09:24:58 am »
This got an e3 showing:

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/ws_IG0Xgcdo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/ws_IG0Xgcdo</a>

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2021, 03:30:10 pm »
No youtubers on the roster therefore I'm out

Boxing is all about the clown fights now ;D

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2021, 09:26:05 pm »
Buying an Xbox Series X just for this game

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2021, 07:37:30 am »
When is this out?

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2021, 08:37:08 am »
Dunno. Won't be on any consoles til next year.

I'm thinking around October for PC Early Access... No reason. Just that the E3 footage was still Alpha  and "later in 2021" is around then without being a Christmas title

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2021, 09:43:13 am »
Hopefully early next year for the PS5, then.

The Creed VR game is the one that satisfies my boxing game itch.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2021, 09:58:49 am »
Got to laugh at Eddie Hall as a current fighter  ;D

Looks decent, I’m hoping it will play well when it’s out and have a comprehensive career mode. I still sometimes fire up Fight Night Champion which visually looks decent to this day.

I certainly hope they’ll have more fighters available than that but it’s a start. Severe lack of the A list names in the heavier weights. Having said that, if it plays well I won’t really care, a good career mode will make a good narrative even out of made up fighters.

I think they might struggle for many of the top names due to the money of imaging rights. People like Joshua and Fury will probably be tied up in EA sports UFC games (stupid that).

The fact you can share fighters is a massive bonus though. WWE games have that and you end up with spot on replicas of almost everyone in history
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2021, 10:08:37 am »
I think they might struggle for many of the top names due to the money of imaging rights. People like Joshua and Fury will probably be tied up in EA sports UFC games (stupid that).

The fact you can share fighters is a massive bonus though. WWE games have that and you end up with spot on replicas of almost everyone in history
Agreed, and yes, it'll end up having near perfect replications. To be honest, I had no problem with Fight Night's use of generated fighters in it's career mode, it gave it more bulk and you actually ended up having some good rivalries with these made up guys. I personally would have liked to have been able to toggle off the use of 'legends' and retired boxers as that was more of an immersion killer for me than coming up against another fake fighter. It just didn't feel right taking on Ali or Frazier under the lights at the Metro Grand or MSG.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2021, 10:29:24 am »
Butterbean makes it to ANOTHER boxing game  ;D

Prince Naseem's son is in this....

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2021, 09:15:33 pm »
Some more gameplay footage. No early access until maybe late this year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TohI8UUXiZ4&list=LL&index=1&ab_channel=ESBCGame
« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 09:21:43 pm by I've been a good boy. »

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2021, 11:26:04 pm »
Looks stunning. The control scheme looks really well thought out

Sad the summer launch is pushed back as I've been waiting for this since March

But I loved the fighter revealed at the end of that video!

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: August 1, 2021, 05:47:01 pm »

Well well well...  ;D

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: August 1, 2021, 09:57:13 pm »
Well well well...  ;D
I do hope Joshua hasn't been stupid enough to sell his image rights to those crooks at EA. Get him and they'll do crazy numbers in sales. No better time to release a boxing game. Those Paul brothers and KSI have brought in tons of casuals who will no doubt snap up the game on their shiny new Xbox/PS5.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2021, 05:39:06 pm »
Nice little studio profile in the latest Edge magazine

Only one page. Interview with the studio head.

Basically they get agents of boxers calling THEM up to be in the game. Some are sick of their talent never even making TV

And they share a building with Ten24 who did the photogrammetry for Death Stranding, or in English, the mo cap and amazing footwork, using Ten24's scanning rig with real boxers.

They've licensed BoxRec for stats and CompuBox for in fight stats

Sounds great. And the career mode if your boxer has low discipline they might show up fat. Great stuff

Ten24 scanning showreel
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hs0AxKOTK3w

Edit: snagged the article itself

« Last Edit: August 13, 2021, 11:35:20 am by ToneLa »

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2021, 10:04:06 am »
Cheers Tone, sounds fantastic. Really looking forward to this, there hasn't been a good boxing title around in literally a decade, which is nuts given within the previous ten years, we got the excellent Fight Night series, iterations of the fun arcade game Ready to Rumble, and the relatively enjoyable if somewhat mediocre Prizefighter. And that was with arguably a less marketable era of fighters than we have at present.

I have absolutely no interest in MMA so EA's UFC titles haven't scratched that itch, I still play Champion from time to time with it being on Game Pass.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2021, 10:08:27 am »
Do we know when it's out?
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2021, 09:14:33 pm »

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2021, 12:45:57 pm »
They've added a load more legends and confirmed you'll be able to share created fighters with other gamers.

Wilder and Fury have both been added and they've confirmed Canelo Alvarez is going to be included, he'll likely be the cover star I think given they're running with him as 'the face of boxing.'

Really looking forward to this and hoping they will release more info soon. I'd love an in-depth career mode and a really technical boxing game.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2021, 08:53:18 pm »
They need to release some gameplay footage at least. I just hope it lives up to the hype because the interest in this is massive, especially in the US.

Still potential for a lot of fighters to be added like Anthony Joshua, Manny Pacquiao, Miguel Cotto, Errol Spence, Ryan Garcia, Gervonta Davis etc.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2021, 10:15:31 am »
I've played some right crap early alpha stuff on Steam

Wonder how it's really going internally. Give us a few crumbs now and then.

The hype is starting to backlash a bit judging by their social media etc. though I bet everyone moaning still picks up a copy.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2021, 01:45:03 pm »
I've played some right crap early alpha stuff on Steam

Wonder how it's really going internally. Give us a few crumbs now and then.

The hype is starting to backlash a bit judging by their social media etc. though I bet everyone moaning still picks up a copy.
Yeah they need to give them some time. I'd rather it was delayed, as it has been, and we get a cracking product rather than a shitshow or unfinished game that needs another 6 months of updates to be playable.

People haven't learnt from Cyberpunk then going by some of the comments. Are people that desperate for a decent boxing game they'll resort to insulting a developer actually doing something interesting, on social media? Go play FN Champion for a bit. It's on Game Pass and still plays nicely.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2021, 06:44:38 pm »
EA now announced that they're bringing back Fight Night. They can fuck right off, probably seen the attention this has been getting and now want a slice of the pie.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2021, 07:29:51 pm »
EA now announced that they're bringing back Fight Night. They can fuck right off, probably seen the attention this has been getting and now want a slice of the pie.

Only thing I can find is reports they've greenlit a new one but it won't be for years yet

Have to say, I'm looking forward to this game but you got my hopes up then as loved the Fight Nights

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2021, 08:21:40 pm »
There is room for both this and Fight Night.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2021, 06:39:12 pm »
Just want this out.

Even early access alpha.. been ages.

Only thing I can find is reports they've greenlit a new one but it won't be for years yet

Have to say, I'm looking forward to this game but you got my hopes up then as loved the Fight Nights

After another UFC game.

This game could set a new standard. And you just know EA would snaffle up licenses.

So this being out way before it, would give it a great chance of establishing itself.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2021/11/ea-reportedly-greenlights-new-fight-night-but-progress-paused-by-ufc
« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 06:40:52 pm by ToneLa »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2021, 06:59:59 pm »
I think they've put too much pressure on themselves. It started out as a little indy project and has now somehow become a flagship boxing game with all these high profile boxers and in-depth gaming modes. The lack of updates is concerning, surely something must've been out by now. I just hope they're not buckling under their own pressure.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2021, 09:23:44 am »
I don’t know, they’ve clearly got reasonable resources and whilst I’d agree it’d be nice to have seen something more at this stage, I’m inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt based on what they have put out there. The social media silence has become somewhat deafening but the pathetic Twitter backlash might be the reasoning.

I echo the shouts on the need for another Fight Night, a glorious series of games, Round 3 is probably the single best sports game EA have ever put out.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2021, 09:54:54 am »
The silence is becoming deafening. Perhaps it needs more backers or a kickstarter? It looks fantastic, what little we've seen so far, so hopefully we get something in 2022.

Interesting that this has been building steady hype for 18 months on Twitter, then EA leak that they're reviving the Fight Night Franchise. It's odd, they released the last couple of Fight Nights during a much more fallow period for boxing, then allowed nearly a decade to pass when there's been some really marketable fighters and massive, massive PPVs on during that time. Joshua at one point looked like he had been made by coders purely to front a Fight Night cover.

I'm still playing Champion. The more you play and the better you get, you realise how phenomenal a game it is - it's 10 years old and the boxer models, physics and presentation still look fantastic to this day, it's quite an achievement. It has a satisfying stick and move gameplay and there's no one dominant style that trumps everything else, it really is a superb game. More of that and I won't be able to criticise EA too heavily.

It's also worth saying just how many licenced fighters were in the game - There's loads of Fighters who I used to think were generic CPU-generated ones, but turns out they were just middling to good fighters who a more casual fan like me had never heard of; Anthony Mundine, Sergio Mora, Fernando Vargas etc. Makes it more immersive I find.

Either way, I just want a high quality boxing game with a robust career mode and a stacked licenced fighter card.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2021, 01:01:10 pm »
I'm convinced they've hit a roadblock. Could be financial, could be studio-based, but to be in development this long and not to even have a sniff of gameplay footage is suspect. People were expecting early release in March 2022, I highly doubt that now.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2021, 01:47:28 pm »
I'm convinced they've hit a roadblock. Could be financial, could be studio-based, but to be in development this long and not to even have a sniff of gameplay footage is suspect. People were expecting early release in March 2022, I highly doubt that now.
No chance, they were meant to put a demo out over half a year ago and nothing since. Even the social media pages have been dead ever since Fury Wilder. Not sure what's going on with this. They certainly seemed to have the makings of a good roster and a very good game.

EA will no doubt circle like vultures whatever the outcome.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: December 5, 2021, 07:14:26 pm »
Nah they're recording audio

https://www.tiktok.com/@esbcgame/video/7033792156787641606?is_copy_url=1&is_from_webapp=v1

so it's happening. Just wish 1) it wasn't buried on tiktok and 2) they put something more substantial out

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: December 5, 2021, 07:24:42 pm »
They're still hiring for positions. Game isn't coming out anytime soon

https://twitter.com/SteelCityInt/status/1466745769013227523

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: December 5, 2021, 07:43:17 pm »
They're still hiring for positions. Game isn't coming out anytime soon

https://twitter.com/SteelCityInt/status/1466745769013227523

our place is hiring lead developers and we've put a game out

but yeah might be a sign... just saying you can't be 100% sure

think they got a buzz way too early. Wonder where they finance is coming from?

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2022, 08:08:25 am »
Missed this from late Feb

Still no release date but they talk about DLC and the roster on release. Looking good!

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/mKGxKsbCIqU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/mKGxKsbCIqU</a>
« Last Edit: April 10, 2022, 08:12:42 am by ToneLa »