Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3279100 times)

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
Erik ten Hag has spoken to Frenkie de Jong personally to try and convince him to join Manchester United, but the response was 'no'. He wants to play in the Champions League.

(Source: @ReshadRahman_)

Online BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
Erik ten Hag has spoken to Frenkie de Jong personally to try and convince him to join Manchester United, but the response was 'no'. He wants to play in the Champions League.

"Who needs Frenkie de Jong, Ivan Toney was always our primary target."

(or something like that ;))

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Klopp would say, you will be after next season - Ten Hag says ah bollocks, we'll never offer that
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
This comment in the comments section of The Athletic had me cackling:

I thought the waiting was a Matt Judge special. Maybe it's a Joel Glazer special. Either way, a personal highlight for me was being quoted £80m for Harry Maguire and then for six weeks negotiating the fee down to £80m.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Fabrizio Romano @FabrizioRomano
Official. Ralf Rangnick announces that he will not be staying on at Manchester United as a consultant, he leaves the club immediately. 🚨 #MUFC

Who saw that coming.

"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
From the texts I’ve had over the past 14 hours, this past week was their biggest cause for celebration since fergie left.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Official. Ralf Rangnick announces that he will not be staying on at Manchester United as a consultant, he leaves the club immediately. 🚨 #MUFC

Who saw that coming.

Immedaitely starts work on his tell-all book. Will sell more than the Ole one
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline RedInside

• Legacy Fan
Makes you wonder how the club is run... Pull in Ragnick with the main purpose of letting him work behind the scenes and then he leaves you when that work finally approaches

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process

Who saw that coming.

What is stronger? His pay off or his Non Disclosure Agreement :P

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
Probably doesn't want his reputation tarnished when they inevitably fuck up their next big rebuild.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
They should get Rio in to replace him. He's got all the answers. Didn't you see his 6 point plan?

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
They should get Rio in to replace him. He's got all the answers. Didn't you see his 6 point plan?

I've not seen it but already smiling because knowing how Rio is it must look really funny.To us.  :)

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan

Who saw that coming.
They aren't going anywhere, are they?

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
So they basically sabotaged a salvageable season for nothing.

"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
So they basically sabotaged a salvageable season for nothing.
I maintain that Ole would have gotten them into top 4.

Offline Corridor of Uncertainty

• Boys Pen
I smell fear.

He came in on the front foot, pulled no punches. He said City and Liverpool's era will come to an end.

Mane looks like he's leaving. It's likely next season will be Salah's last. Next season van Dijk will be 31. Fabinho 29. Thiago 31. Henderson 32. Allison 30. Diaz is a good signing, but he's not at the level of Mane, and this is not a young squad anymore, it's an ageing one.

Ten Hag has his work cut out, but if we can get a good pre-season with some new players, well be challenging City.

Although Klopp can work miracles I'm sure, he's done it before.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

Who saw that coming.

You mean all those think pieces when Man Utd hired him about how brilliant a coup it was were all wrong? I can't believe that.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
I smell fear.

He came in on the front foot, pulled no punches. He said City and Liverpool's era will come to an end.

Mane looks like he's leaving. It's likely next season will be Salah's last. Next season van Dijk will be 31. Fabinho 29. Thiago 31. Henderson 32. Allison 30. Diaz is a good signing, but he's not at the level of Mane, and this is not a young squad anymore, it's an ageing one.

Ten Hag has his work cut out, but if we can get a good pre-season with some new players, well be challenging City.

You're an irrelevant team that'll do well to qualify for the Europa League next season.

Offline BigCDump

• Kopite
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
I smell fear.

So you made it over from Redcafe like you said you would?

Welcome. Please put all you hopes and expectations here. We enjoy reading them from fans of mid table clubs.  ;D
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Online smutchin

• Legacy Fan
I smell fear.

Yep, I'm terrified Ten Hag is the man to turn Maguire into the £80m player United thought they were getting.

How many new players do you think are needed before United have a squad that can challenge next season? 7... 8... 15?

Nothing that spending another billion won't fix, eh?

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Yep, I'm terrified Ten Hag is the man to turn Maguire into the £80m player United thought they were getting.

How many new players do you think are needed before United have a squad that can challenge next season? 7... 8... 15?

Nothing that spending another billion won't fix, eh?

Blimey, it doesn't take much does it? A week after their worst season in decades and the hubris has returned. They never learn.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
I smell fear.

You smell fear?

In 3 of the last 4 seasons you’ve finished over 20 points behind us.

You’re talking about the age of our side when your entire side is built around a 37 year old with thousands of miles on the clock who can’t run?

Behave.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I smell fear.

;D Fighting talk on your 1st post,i like it.

It's a shame you don't have any good players anymore except Ronaldo 37.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
The United Way™ is continuing.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
I smell fear.

Oh sublime

Please can we keep it?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
:D

Paddy McGuinness playing the part of Brighton there

Put the cake down flower and piss off
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
I smell fear.

You shouldn't worry about LFC and Man City any time soon. But West Ham and Aston Villa doing well might be a problem for your Europa League status next season ...

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
I smell fear.

That’s your nose too close to your arse
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Online Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I smell fear.

Yeah...You'll actually finish lower next season that this.  You have ZERO top tier players, Ronaldo will be older and you don't have a fullback worth a shite.  Enjoy sixth because it could be utopia for you bunch of bellarses.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Who saw that coming.

I swear Rangnick was on a wind up from day one :lmao

He always said he wanted to work in the PL, but the right job never was available at the right time. so he grasped this one just to tick it off his bucket list, and for no other reason.

But he did do them a favour, he spent the past few weeks slagging off everyone and everything about the club, so now ten Hag comes in with the lowest expectations ever, which will help him no doubt.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
The really funny thing is that it had looked as if Ragnick had taken the interim manager's job on the condition that his consultancy company would gain Utd as a client for a couple of years. i.e it would have been good PR for his fledging firm to have them as clients...

...only for him to realise that having such a broken, dysfunctional mess associated with his company would not look so good after all...
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
I smell fear.

That's not fear you can small mate it's your own bullshit.

I love how United fans keeping quoting the ages of some of our players believing the end is nigh, yet they also believed that the signing of a 37 year old ex player was their passport to glory.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
If we're continuing cricket parlance, I'd say he's out for a golden duck.

Silly mid-off!
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
Probably doesn't want his reputation tarnished when they inevitably fuck up their next big rebuild.
or, he's sick of being told to stfu - or simply ignored - when speaking hard truths about them.

Offline RedInside

• Legacy Fan
How do you genuinly think you'll make up that massive gap with city in one pre season

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/

Who saw that coming.

he wouldn't take the job until they offered him the consultancy which they went back in and agreed to, paid off for those two years after this, win win for him

all i've heard as ralf's tenure went to shit cos the players are pathetic mentally and physically and he gave them hard truths, is that it doesn't matter cos he's going upstairs and they'll have a football man in the hierarchy finally (tho how many of us called bullshit on that, that they wouldn't listen to him anyway) - so the one reason ralf got utd fans giddy turns out to be yet another false dawn, utd board acting like they always have

so in short, lazy players won, the guy who told them their failings is sacked off, yet again players being shown downing tools works- same old story

ten pence will end the same way sooner or later
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
Pretty much every criticism Rangnick came out with was on the money -

Players not willing to learn or listen to instruction
Players caring more about their time outside of training than in it
Players not caring full stop
Players willing others to make mistakes so as to benefit themselves
The playing squad not being anywhere near as good as the money spent on it would suggest
A rebuild being a 4 year job

None of that seems unfair to me.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline BigCDump

• Kopite
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
How close to an early relegation battle will Utd be next season? There will be no 'magical' transfer window this time because they didn't fluke a second placed finish this time. Ah, Ole, good times... :lmao

Ten Haag is coming from a children's league to a real man's league with the likes of Newcastle, Southampton, West Ham ready to bust his bald head with real men's tactics. On top of that, Utd are stuck with the same shit squad of players (all a year older as Utd fans keep saying about our players) that Jose Mourinho correctly complained about. And now Ralf is stating quite clearly. :lmao

I will be shocked if Ten Haag wins more than one game in his first six and I'm not even on a wind up here. Utd fans can quote me in September, or I'll quote myself.  8)
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
How close to an early relegation battle will Utd be next season? There will be no 'magical' transfer window this time because they didn't fluke a second placed finish this time. Ah, Ole, good times... :lmao

Ten Haag is coming from a children's league to a real man's league with the likes of Newcastle, Southampton, West Ham ready to bust his bald head with real men's tactics. On top of that, Utd are stuck with the same shit squad of players (all a year older as Utd fans keep saying about our players) that Jose Mourinho correctly complained about. And now Ralf is stating quite clearly. :lmao

I will be shocked if Ten Haag wins more than one game in his first six and I'm not even on a wind up here. Utd fans can quote me in September, or I'll quote myself.  8)
you might want to wait till the schedule comes out before saying that.  :)