Author Topic: CyberPunk 2077  (Read 47160 times)

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
Re: CyberPunk 2077
« Reply #760 on: November 9, 2023, 12:22:10 pm »
A wonderful assessment. Thank you for taking the time!
You’re a good boy.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #761 on: November 9, 2023, 12:46:37 pm »
A wonderful assessment. Thank you for taking the time!
You’re a good boy.

No problem mate. Now where's my fucking biscuit!?

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #762 on: November 9, 2023, 01:04:14 pm »
On my second playthrough now, although with the new Spider-Man game and a newborn in my house I've parked it for the moment, but it's a brilliant game. I'm trying to build my new character before probably starting the DLC during the Christmas break.

Online Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #763 on: November 13, 2023, 12:21:00 pm »
Nearly finished the game - for spoilers:
Spoiler
In Phantom Liberty, betrayed Reed and sided with So Mi in the Black Sapphire, and played through both subsequent choices at the rocket (my god the "bad" ending of handing So Mi over was heart breaking) although haven't subsequently gone and finished the main story after helping So Mi escape.  Going back and siding with Reed originally, and seeing what changes from the "side with So Mi then betray later".  Will then finish the main game and again try and create a save point so I can easily see the different endings.
[close]

What a game!  Absolute master piece

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #764 on: November 13, 2023, 04:02:52 pm »
I had a different take (no main game spoilers):

Spoiler
I've only gone through the 'side with So Mi then betray her' ending (won't do another ending until I do a full replay) and at the risk of sounding like a sociopath, didn't really feel that bad about it at all. 

As I saw it, she manipulated and lied to everybody out of self-interest (including V, who could easily have been killed and ultimately went through all that shit for nothing).  She also caused a lot of death in general, for which she showed very little remorse until the end.  Even then, all V gets by way of an apology is "I regret lying to you". When push came to shove though, she didn't care about anybody but herself.  Betrayed Reed, with him ending in a coma.  Betrayed the President nearly getting her killed. Betrayed V, risking his life and giving him false hope. She was also fine with having a massacre on her hands in order to save herself, by turning the stadiums defenses against everybody.  So I repaid her in kind and went with self-interest, just as she had done.  As V says to her:"you betrayed me first". So yeah, fuck her.  Didn't see that as the bad ending, especially compared to some of them in the main game (won't mess that up for you).
[close]
« Last Edit: November 13, 2023, 04:05:31 pm by Darren G »

Online Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #765 on: November 15, 2023, 11:50:40 am »
I had a different take (no main game spoilers):

Spoiler
I've only gone through the 'side with So Mi then betray her' ending (won't do another ending until I do a full replay) and at the risk of sounding like a sociopath, didn't really feel that bad about it at all. 

As I saw it, she manipulated and lied to everybody out of self-interest (including V, who could easily have been killed and ultimately went through all that shit for nothing).  She also caused a lot of death in general, for which she showed very little remorse until the end.  Even then, all V gets by way of an apology is "I regret lying to you". When push came to shove though, she didn't care about anybody but herself.  Betrayed Reed, with him ending in a coma.  Betrayed the President nearly getting her killed. Betrayed V, risking his life and giving him false hope. She was also fine with having a massacre on her hands in order to save herself, by turning the stadiums defenses against everybody.  So I repaid her in kind and went with self-interest, just as she had done.  As V says to her:"you betrayed me first". So yeah, fuck her.  Didn't see that as the bad ending, especially compared to some of them in the main game (won't mess that up for you).
[close]

Spoilers for that particular ending to PL:

Spoiler
Firstly I don't think you can blame her for a lot of her actions, I 100% blame Myers and her forcing So Mi for years to breach the blackwall, and become more corrupted by that side - and then returning to that so the NUSA can continue to abuse her to break international laws etc etc.  She only learnt at the very end (i.e. when she was getting the AI from the mainframe, that it could only be used once - up until that point, her plan was never to have the plane shot down and endanger Myers (that was 100% on Hansen); Reed betrayed her and the rest of his team 7 years ago (after forcing her, as a young naive net runner to join the NUSA leading to her life of pain and sorrow) - leading her to feel guilt etc that was never her fault; and the "turning stadium defences against everybody" basically was to take out the BARGHEST soldiers (not the non-soldiers) and didn't actually work (you end up fighting through loads of the buggers).

Secondly, by heart breaking - I was more meaning about the implications for V - spent 2 years in a coma; Johnny is fully dead and gone; Panam heart broken and never wanting to speak to you again; Judy happy but never seeing you again; ditto Kerry; Viktor "owned" by a corporation that he detests and unable to help you, losing his friend (Misty) in the process; you are left alone, with not even the weakest abilities you start the game with, no ability to defend yourself even up against street thugs that couldn't fight a baby.  Reed feeling he did the *right* thing still by following the NUSA to the note, betraying So Mi for the third time, and not understanding her pain and the things that she went through (thinking that "for the good of the country" trumps all); then being pseudo retired to a desk job that he deeply dislikes.  The only positive thing (and this goes for either ending if you initially side with So Mi in the Black Sapphire) is that Alex lives - and gets to Monte Carlo.
[close]

Spoilers for my thoughts on wider implications around PL, including at least one other ending not mentioned abovee

Spoiler
Firstly, I think the key villains in this whole expansion are Myers, with the activities she forces So Mi to do that routinely breach international law (things like breaching the BlackWall for her own benefit) and Hansen; BOTH Reed and So Mi are gray characters (but for me Reed more villainous than So Mi) and Alex is the only truly "good" character.   Also, I believe that any ending resulting in you being cured, but at the cost of Johnny disappearing for good ("killed"?), losing all your friends, and being miserable can not be a "good" ending (or at least the "best" ending). 

The reason behind my thoughts on Reed stem from the ending if you side with him initially, and then refuse to kill So Mi in the core.  He believes him to be her "saviour" still, that despite the incredible grief and regrest she has, let alone pain every time she has to connect to the Blackwall, he is still doing the right thing by handing her over to Myers to abuse and use to break international laws etc. He also doesn't seem to care that the "cure" he then procures for you alienates you from your community and friends, deletes/kills Johnny, leaves you powerless at the bottom rung of a corrupt and broken society in NC - and that his solution for you is to work in a "boring" desk job at Langley for FIA. 
[close]
« Last Edit: November 15, 2023, 12:02:26 pm by Scottymuser »

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #766 on: November 19, 2023, 08:37:12 am »
Again, not sure I agree there mate:

Spoiler
She may not have foreseen the rocket attack on the plane, but it was going down in Dogtown regardless due to her hack on the navigation system. The 'hack that she didn't have time to stop' was her hack and she was in cahoots with Hansen from the start.  As for finding out about the one-time AI use, she knew about that since Cynosure (or whatever the fuck it was called). So long enough, but still kept lying to V so that 'she'd be sure you'd help her'.  As for the stadium,  regardless of how it plays out in the gameplay, she makes it quite clear that she's fine with having civilians massacred and when V voices an objection/abhorrence pointing out that a lot of people will die, she shrugs and says "they'll die so that we can live", but which she means so that she can live of course. She has no regard for life, except for her own.  She also betrays literally everybody in the game: Myers, Reed, Hansen, V.  Reed didn't force her to join the NUSA either. She wasn't a "naive netrunner." She was already doing illegal shit and so ended up with a choice between netwatch or nusa and chose the latter.  In addition, she got infected due to actions that she carried out (dabbling with the blackwall) by her own volition. Nothing with CDPR is ever entirely black and white when it comes to major choices, so I understand that your viewpoint is different. Personally though, I just felt that she was a narcissistic sociopath.

In terms of the heartbreaking bit, yeah, the ending that you described admittedly sounds awful. I've never called Reed to accept the surgery though.  ;D 
[close]

« Last Edit: November 19, 2023, 08:46:18 am by Darren G »

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #767 on: December 1, 2023, 07:26:45 am »
Hey folks. I picked this up on sale for Xbox. What’s the best ‘origin’ choice at the start and what’s best to invest points in early on?

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #768 on: December 1, 2023, 08:27:57 am »
Hey folks. I picked this up on sale for Xbox. What’s the best ‘origin’ choice at the start and what’s best to invest points in early on?

Origin doesn't really matter. You get some largely irrelevant convo options and 1 unique mission.

So just go with whatever.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #769 on: December 1, 2023, 08:45:55 am »
What about build/skill points?
Anything that stands out as super valuable at the start?
I assume I'll be able to max few things out by the end, not really sure on builds at the moment, no idea what any of it really means in practice.
Is stealth a viable option in the game?

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #770 on: December 1, 2023, 09:09:56 am »
Only just bought it myself. Need to sort out the car tho after that TV only c*nt delamaine wrote mine off. Any advice on how to get it repaired or best way to sort a decent car?

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #771 on: December 1, 2023, 09:17:46 am »
Only just bought it myself. Need to sort out the car tho after that TV only c*nt delamaine wrote mine off. Any advice on how to get it repaired or best way to sort a decent car?

Don't worry about it for now, just play a few missions and it'll sort that out for you.

What about build/skill points?
Anything that stands out as super valuable at the start?
I assume I'll be able to max few things out by the end, not really sure on builds at the moment, no idea what any of it really means in practice.
Is stealth a viable option in the game?

Kind of depends what level of difficulty you're on I guess. You can respec for free anyway, so just go with what seems interestingbto you.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #772 on: December 1, 2023, 09:52:00 am »
Ah fair enough.
I'll just give it a go if respec is available.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #773 on: December 1, 2023, 10:12:09 am »
Ah fair enough.
I'll just give it a go if respec is available.

Points don't really matter at low levels because you'll end up with quite a few. Have a look at the perk things and see what, if anything, you want to build towards.

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #774 on: December 1, 2023, 01:26:15 pm »
Don't worry about it for now, just play a few missions and it'll sort that out for you.

Kind of depends what level of difficulty you're on I guess. You can respec for free anyway, so just go with what seems interestingbto you.

Sound only cos I've been running everywhere after the taxis that have gone awol. Didnt know if it was those missions that I'd need to finish to get a car back

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #775 on: December 1, 2023, 01:33:13 pm »
Sound only cos I've been running everywhere after the taxis that have gone awol. Didnt know if it was those missions that I'd need to finish to get a car back

Nah. In fact, don't worry about that for ages. You should be given an old banger

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #776 on: December 2, 2023, 11:27:34 am »
2.1 is being pushed out soon, and those that have been shouting for a working metro system finally get what they've wanted.

the weird 'unfinished' section of highway is going to be fixed and other stuff too.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #777 on: December 3, 2023, 04:16:45 pm »
Plz make level scaling a toggle

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #778 on: December 3, 2023, 11:32:34 pm »
Plz make level scaling a toggle

There's a mod for that on nexus if you're playing on PC.

Overview for new 2.1 features:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/d0o9Dnn_rzc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/d0o9Dnn_rzc</a>

Online Scottymuser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #779 on: December 6, 2023, 11:21:21 am »

Delamaine is amazing, and one of my favourite characters in the game.  I will whole heartedly recommend you to, when you've played a bit more and unlocked it, help him and his quest lines. 

Online Scottymuser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #780 on: December 6, 2023, 11:31:34 am »
Again, not sure I agree there mate:

Spoiler
She may not have foreseen the rocket attack on the plane, but it was going down in Dogtown regardless due to her hack on the navigation system. The 'hack that she didn't have time to stop' was her hack and she was in cahoots with Hansen from the start.  As for finding out about the one-time AI use, she knew about that since Cynosure (or whatever the fuck it was called). So long enough, but still kept lying to V so that 'she'd be sure you'd help her'.  As for the stadium,  regardless of how it plays out in the gameplay, she makes it quite clear that she's fine with having civilians massacred and when V voices an objection/abhorrence pointing out that a lot of people will die, she shrugs and says "they'll die so that we can live", but which she means so that she can live of course. She has no regard for life, except for her own.  She also betrays literally everybody in the game: Myers, Reed, Hansen, V.  Reed didn't force her to join the NUSA either. She wasn't a "naive netrunner." She was already doing illegal shit and so ended up with a choice between netwatch or nusa and chose the latter.  In addition, she got infected due to actions that she carried out (dabbling with the blackwall) by her own volition. Nothing with CDPR is ever entirely black and white when it comes to major choices, so I understand that your viewpoint is different. Personally though, I just felt that she was a narcissistic sociopath.

In terms of the heartbreaking bit, yeah, the ending that you described admittedly sounds awful. I've never called Reed to accept the surgery though.  ;D 
[close]

Fair enough, and I do see your view point - but also fuck Myers/Reed/Hansen.  Maybe Reed a little less, but he is still an asshole. 

Spoiler
As for Cynosure:  that was the name of the project that was designed to combat Arasaka's Soul Killer (and the tech that could heal them) - and the bunker facility it was in.  So my interpretation of her saying something like "I learnt it would only work one time at Cynosure/after Cynosure" suggests that until she was able to get access to the tech through Hansen in person, she didn't know.  And that could have been immediately after being captured in the first main mission of the PL, or at some time between then and the Party we go to, or even a little later.  If I were to guess, Hansen would make her wait a little first - but I do think that at least at the start of their interactions, she is not "knowingly" lying about being able to save V; and that, at the very least, she didn't start until after Myers is out of harms way.
[close]

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #781 on: December 8, 2023, 06:10:06 am »
Reed at least keeps his word though, at least with V.  You may have a point with your spoiler paragraph, but I'm standing by my "fuck her" regardless.  ;D  At the end of the day though, regardless of differing positions, it's such a good thing that the writing is up to a level where we can have these debates.  You won't see this with, for example, Starfield.