Author Topic: NBA Discussion  (Read 614002 times)

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
Re: NBA Season 2015-16 Discussion
« Reply #400 on: February 28, 2016, 02:59:25 pm »
He is absolutely revolutionizing the game. It will be interesting to see what adjustments teams make come playoff time because most defenders have no idea how to handle him. I mean who casually pulls up from 38 feet and sinks the game winner, seemingly with ease? It has been a pleasure to watch him this season. Here is to hoping he breaks 400 three pointers made this season.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #401 on: February 28, 2016, 03:02:52 pm »
Best in basketball absolutely, best in any sport. You're taking the piss

Is he though? No one has ever performed like this in the history of basketball. His numbers behind the arc are unprecedented. He has already broke his OWN record for three pointers in a season and there is still 24 games left. I am sure plenty of people saw this stat the other day, but from 28 to 50 ft, it makes more sense to allow him a free layup than to let him pull up form 28-50 ft. Think about that for a second. The guy is putting up video game type numbers and no one has any idea how to stop him.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 04:14:32 pm by Lynndenberries »

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #402 on: February 28, 2016, 03:18:55 pm »
Best in basketball absolutely, best in any sport. You're taking the piss
Name me one better.

Messi is always great, but he's definitely at the other side of his 2009-12 peak.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #403 on: February 28, 2016, 03:52:50 pm »
Name me one better.

Messi is always great, but he's definitely at the other side of his 2009-12 peak.

Messi is great, ,and despite the fact that he's not as good as he was in those years, he'll finish the season with a ridicilious amount of goals and assists. Suarez as well

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #404 on: February 28, 2016, 04:12:31 pm »
Is he though? No one has ever performed like this in the history of basketball. His numbers behind the arc are unprecedented. He has already broke his OWN record for three pointers in a season and there is still 24 games left. I am sure plenty of people saw this stat the other day, but from 28 to 50 ft, it makes more sense to let him shoot from that distance than to allow him a free layup. Think about that for a second. The guy is putting up video game type numbers and no one has any idea how to stop him.

Kind of agree, we're witnessing a record breaking season here, something people will talk about for years to come

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: February 28, 2016, 04:13:24 pm »
2 MVPs for him now, he's going to go down as one of the game's greatest ever.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: February 28, 2016, 04:15:46 pm »
2 MVPs for him now, he's going to go down as one of the game's greatest ever.

I would argue he is already the greatest three point shooter of all time and he is only 27. People may call it premature, but his stats back it up.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #407 on: February 28, 2016, 04:17:17 pm »
I would argue he is already the greatest three point shooter of all time and he is only 27. People may call it premature, but his stats back it up.

Best shooter I've seen by a long, long way seeing as I've only been following the NBA for 6 years. Never seen anybody get shots off as quick as he does, absolutely impossible to mark. You can't stop him, you're just hoping he misses.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #408 on: February 29, 2016, 01:45:21 pm »
Is he though? No one has ever performed like this in the history of basketball. His numbers behind the arc are unprecedented. He has already broke his OWN record for three pointers in a season and there is still 24 games left. I am sure plenty of people saw this stat the other day, but from 28 to 50 ft, it makes more sense to allow him a free layup than to let him pull up form 28-50 ft. Think about that for a second. The guy is putting up video game type numbers and no one has any idea how to stop him.

A little perspective. I've got him as among the best shooter I've seen, however, I don't rate his three point records as all that special. He's putting up 3 point numbers like no one before, largely because no other player was allowed to take as many three pointers anywhere close to his rate. Going back to the 80s and 90s, there were teams that averaged less three point attempts than Curry, and there were great shooters back then, they just didn't shoot enough. Have a look at the 3pointers made per game averages, only one player in the top ten played before the 2000s (Peja Stojakovic), everyone else in the top 10 is still active (edit: except Ray Allen retired last season). Heck, the list of top 25 most 3 pointers made per game is dominated by current players. Remember, before 1980, there wasn't even a three point line, so the initial decade succeeding the line change was still mostly players coached by coaches that weren't used to the three pointer as a genuine first option, mostly it was a move to use when all other avenues were closed.

Ray Allen and Reggie Miller are the top two in three pointers made. In only 4 seasons (out of 19) Ray Allen averaged more than seven 3 point shots per game (but never more than 9), and Miller only had one season taking more than 6. In fact, Curry takes more three pointers per game (11) than Allen and Miller combined.
The current era has embraced the three point shot, but only a few teams have truly shifted their approach to the three point shot, and the Warriors might be the only one that use the three point shot as a bonafide first option on offense. So give Curry credit, he's shooting the lights out of every gym he goes to, but he's getting the freedom to launch from three point land like none before him. So this isn't solely about how great he is as a shooter (which he is), but it's also about how smart the Warriors staff have been in giving him the greenlight.

Another point to note, teams are not accustomed to playing their defense strategies against an anomoly offense that the Warriors run. They're used to packing the zone, rotating on shooters, and switching on cuts. Generally, the most dangerous shot is the open man in the zone, followed by the open man just outside the key. In the last half decade, defences have changed their priorities to preventing free shots in the zone followed by preventing free shots on the 3 point land. But that's still based on the assumption that the opposition aims at getting an open man free somewhere around the box (as option A), or using that threat to free up a man on the three point land (think pick and roll, where the defence decides to follow the ball, or follow the roller). However, the Warriors use an offense in which the first option is the three point shot (Option A), and that initial offense strategy triggers movements for other players if the first option is countered (Option B, rework a pick and roll, Option C, swing the ball to the weak side, etc). And that's where Golden State destroys you, they play an offense built around a 3 point trigger free shooting point that has license to shoot from anywhere and at anytime. You can't guard that unless your mentality shifts. When you actually start to consider the bigger threat is the three pointer, and the shot you want the opposition to take is closer to the rim. And game mentality offensively, and defensively, takes awhile to adjust. I'll be frank, I still find it difficult to watch the Warriors play using an offense built around Curry.

I used to get benched whenever I took a three point shot early in the clock, and I think if I'd ever taken a three point off the dribble, my coach would have benched me for the season. I still don't understand what I'm seeing, even though I know Curry's taking the three. I keep expecting to see a clip of Curry taking a three point shot off the dribble early in the shot clock, and Kerr shaking his head in frustration. But that's their offense, and eventually teams are going to adjust. The only question is how long it takes.

Inspite of all that, I still don't have Curry anywhere near the list of top players in history. I don't even have him in the list of top point guards. He's going to need to do a lot more than score outrageous threes. If he wins 2 more titles, then we can start discussing lists. It's still too premature.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Tomaldinho

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • camina, camina, con esperanza de tu corazon
« Reply #409 on: February 29, 2016, 02:58:54 pm »

Inspite of all that, I still don't have Curry anywhere near the list of top players in history. I don't even have him in the list of top point guards. He's going to need to do a lot more than score outrageous threes. If he wins 2 more titles, then we can start discussing lists. It's still too premature.

If you inspire a team to a better record than the 96 Bulls, the best record in history, you deserve to be in the discussion.

Thierry Henry only won 2 Premier Leagues. Does Gerrard deserve to be talked about among the best players in the Premier League era? Chances are Curry will get those titles but it's about more than that.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/C62zHgyt9cU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/C62zHgyt9cU</a>

And I'm a Bulls fan.
@TomNJones on Twitter

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: February 29, 2016, 06:16:39 pm »
If you inspire a team to a better record than the 96 Bulls, the best record in history, you deserve to be in the discussion.

Thierry Henry only won 2 Premier Leagues. Does Gerrard deserve to be talked about among the best players in the Premier League era? Chances are Curry will get those titles but it's about more than that.
And I'm a Bulls fan.

The 96 Bulls are who they are because they won the title at the end of the season. In fact, that season is also recognised as the start of their 2nd 3peat. I couldn't care less if the Warriors go 82-0, if they don't win a title or even make it to the finals, no one will care. They'll be one of those teams with an asterisk next to their name when/if another team starts of the season with a great start and people start comparing them to the best. You don't have to win a title to be mentioned among the top 10 in your position, but there isn't a single player recognised as among the best ever (or in that argument) that hasn't won at least one championship. In fact, the benchmark seems to be two championships.

I should point out, bar one exception, teams with records in the top 10 in history have gone on to win the title, but nothing is guaranteed. A more ominous statistics seems to be the average point difference in wins, and the Spurs are up top via a big difference. Off the top of my head, since they've been keeping that statistic, the team with the largest average point difference has gone on to win the league title. So I'm expecting some fireworks if the Spurs and Warriors meet up.

On another note, I cringe whenever a discussion about NBA and basketball players starts getting compared to football. The way success, individual success, and legendary status, is measured is completely different. Individual point scoring records tends to take a back seat to team success. Whether that's fair or not, is a discussion for another day, but thus far the discussion is quite easy; if you want to be in the discussion with the Jordan, Kareem, Magic, Russell, Bird, Duncan etc you need at least two championships, and numerous final appearances. How you rank them is the major discussion point, less so whom.  If you want to be in discussions with the players on the tier below (Barkley, Malone, etc) individual success and team records become a major discussion point.

Right now, I've got LeBron ranked above Curry on my list. 6 Finals and two championships is nothing to be sniffed at. I still haven't forgotten that LeBron outplayed Curry in the NBA finals and was the best player on both teams. Curry is shooting just fine right now in the regular season, but he shot below 40% from three point land in the Finals. He needs to win another title and be the MVP if we're even going to start thinking of listing him.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #411 on: March 2, 2016, 10:50:20 pm »
The part-owner of the Thunder Aubrey McClendon has died after his car drove into a wall of a bridge and caught fire, a day after being indicted on antitrust charges for rigging oil and gas bids.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #412 on: March 2, 2016, 11:46:57 pm »
The part-owner of the Thunder Aubrey McClendon has died after his car drove he drove his car into a wall of a bridge and caught fire, a day after being indicted on antitrust charges for rigging oil and gas bids.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: March 6, 2016, 10:40:54 pm »
Of course Lakers are playing like showtime lakers against us today.
Seriously though, credit to them.

We are 8% in 3's so far, steph 1 of 10 and Klay 0 of 8.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: March 6, 2016, 10:41:39 pm »
Golden State are getting the kicking of a lifetime here. Can I just say I absolutely loathe Nick Young, he really pisses me off.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #415 on: March 6, 2016, 10:42:20 pm »
Of course Lakers are playing like showtime lakers against us today.
Seriously though, credit to them.

We are 8% in 3's so far, steph 1 of 10 and Klay 0 of 8.

That is quite literally a set of stats you'll see only once a season.

If GSW were even 25 percent from 3 they'd be in a position to win it. Need some Curry magic to have a sniff here.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: March 6, 2016, 10:43:28 pm »
Golden State were priced about 1/33 and even 1/50 in some places before the start of this game.

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #417 on: March 7, 2016, 01:33:33 pm »
It's no big deal. Warriors are going to be the favourites to win every game they play, whomever they lose to there will be some that consider it to be an upset. It happens, teams have a bad game, opposition is on fire, Game over. Even the 72-10 Bulls lost to some dross that didn't even make the playoffs, I think only half their losses were to playoff teams.

I'm more interested in their form in the upcoming games after this loss, as opposed to the loss itself. Are they going to come out with a chip on their shoulders, or just dismiss the loss as one game and keep playing as they've done, or will this loss be the beginning of the end of their record breaking attempt? I highly doubt it's the latter, they're just too professional, too smart, with plenty of great leaders, to collapse. I still think they have a great shot at topping the 72-10 record.

On another note, the Spurs are only 2.5 games behind the Warriors. Just think about that for a second. The same Warriors that has people claiming they're the best team in NBA regular season history, that are inches away from breaking the All time record for wins in a season, a team with 3 All stars, one of which  is already being debated as having the greatest individual season in NBA history, and the Spurs are only 2.5 games behind? The Spurs only have 3 losses more than the Warriors. They're not on pace to break the 72-10 mark, but they're on their way to making it into the top 5 All time with that sort of record. A final interesting nugget, Kawhi Leonard is leading the league in 3pt field goal % at .478%. He shot .35% last season. It may not seem that large of a difference, but jumping from .35% to .48% in threes in one season is an incredible shift in percentage. And only the Spurs can be on the verge of completing one of the All time top 5 seasons in regular history and still avoid the limelight and discussion. I've still got them as my favourites for the title.

Offline His Nibs

• Kopite
« Reply #418 on: March 12, 2016, 01:59:30 am »
It what pops does best... keep the spurs under the  radar.. let GSW take the limelight... even though we lost both regular games to the warriors... come a western conference final 7 game series... someone on the spurs team will become "BRUCE BOWEN" and play hard D on curry and klay. That's how pop rolls... one key weakness of the warriors... lack of a post game (other than injury prone bogut)

Kawhi not shooting as many threes as curry though... though pop's reaction would be a good one to see if kawhi runs up the court and pop one corner three with 20s remaining on the shot clock... :)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 02:03:35 am by His Nibs »

Offline Legendary_Nines

• Legacy Fan
  • Don't worry, be happy!
« Reply #419 on: March 12, 2016, 02:04:45 am »
A final interesting nugget, Kawhi Leonard is leading the league in 3pt field goal % at .478%.

JJ Redick is shooting at .482 so not leading the league in 3pt field goal percentage but yeah the jump from .35 to .478 is pretty crazy

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #420 on: March 12, 2016, 04:07:58 am »
A Warriors/Spurs series would be fantastic. I still don't see how you stop GSW if they are on it. It's not as if they just jack up 50 three pointers a game without thought. Curry will drain them from anywhere of course but the spacing and ball movement to get Curry and Thompson free is beautiful to watch. They don't need to be wide open because their release is so quick; you only need to be a split second slow in getting to them and that's all they need. GSW hammered the Spurs by 30 odd points a couple of months back without Tim Duncan. The thought was that Pop was saving something for the play off series. That might be so, but Golden State didn't just win it by draining threes, they won it through tough defense (GSW are top 5 in defensive field goal percentage).

I don't know. I'd like to see a close series but I couldn't back against Golden State. I'm not sure the old legs of the Spurs would be able to match them in such a fiercely contested series.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #421 on: March 13, 2016, 10:04:19 am »
Nice win at Dallas. We were ahead from some point on in the first half and then barely lost the lead again and that with G. Hill and Paul George absolutely shambles in the 1st half. Wanted to see a bit of Lawson but was injured.

We have some good players in our rotation now in almost all of positions. Turner is coming along magnificently. Will be a massive disappointment if we don't make the playoffs. Too talented roster not to.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: March 20, 2016, 06:01:27 pm »
A Warriors/Spurs series would be fantastic. I still don't see how you stop GSW if they are on it

Offense wins games, defense wins championships. Spurs have enough long armed, and quick, players that fit into a Popovich defensive scheme, and plenty of intelligent players that anticipate openings before they unfold. You can't beat the Warriors in a series if you play quality defense, you have to beat them playing quality defense designed specifically for playing the Warriors, and in Pop the Spurs have a tactician that enjoys these sorts of challenges.

If the Warriors want to top the 72 Bulls, they've got to beat the Spurs twice before the end of the season. And as I mentioned before, when it comes to the regular head-to-head matchups against the Spurs, they mean very little come playoff time. Pop is the kind of coach that fields different lineups just to see which players react to falling behind, or playing without their better player. Just having Pop as their coach adds 1 win per round. I'm not a Spurs fan, but Pop is my second favourite coach of All-time, and I'd edge him ahead of Jackson as the best of the modern era.

JJ Redick is shooting at .482 so not leading the league in 3pt field goal percentage but yeah the jump from .35 to .478 is pretty crazy
Leonard was leading in 3pt% when I made the comment.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #423 on: March 31, 2016, 12:50:32 am »
for those who love basketball, this is a must see. Story of Petrovic-Divac from ESPN 30 for 30, "Once Brothers"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKYoktdtxOI

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
  • Can climb two flights of stairs
« Reply #424 on: March 31, 2016, 06:06:22 am »
for those who love basketball, this is a must see. Story of Petrovic-Divac from ESPN 30 for 30, "Once Brothers"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKYoktdtxOI
Great doc. One of the best 30 for 30s.

Take note of the little kid in the background.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: March 31, 2016, 10:06:50 am »
Salute to Lauren Jackson, retired today. I know this is the NBA thread but she was fucking boss. Legend.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: March 31, 2016, 09:41:37 pm »
Great doc. One of the best 30 for 30s.

Take note of the little kid in the background.

Stockton? Yes, he was a great PG.

Ok jk, I see Curry with his dad:) Looks like he fell in love with 3 pointers after seeing Petrovic:)

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
  • Can climb two flights of stairs
« Reply #427 on: April 7, 2016, 04:56:28 pm »
The Sam Hinkie era is over. Resigned after ownership (including Jerry Colangelo) made a power play for him to share GM duties with... Bryan fucking Colangelo.

Bryan Colangelo with assets and cap space is already giving nightmares. I absolutely despise the owners.

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: April 7, 2016, 07:28:50 pm »
To be fair, it's not like he could do worse than the Hinkie era. 46 or so wins in 3 years? Even if I had been their GM and had used a decision making process that placed various choices/options in an envelope coated in sugar and letting ants pick for me, I'd have probably compiled a squad capable of 46 wins. Quite frankly, there are Gorrillas in the Serengeti jungle that could have built a roster capable of 46 wins in three years.

This current era of salesmen GMs pitching their new "this is how we can compete against the best without building a winning mentality= let's accept losses whilst fleecing our fans whilst hoping against hope that the lottery balls bounce our way in a 3-4 year period" blueprint has resulted in so many teams getting wasting their fan's time and cash, as well as the career of players, whilst their owners plough in the profits.

Sam Hinkie is the worst of them. If you've ever read his thoughts, or listened to him speak, he's one of those incredibly annoying smart people that can't stop reminding you how smart they are, and how dumb everyone else is. Except, basketball isn't just about being smart, it's about making smart basketball moves.

And yes, the rumours are true. His resignation paper was 13 pages long. Mostly about how smart and right he was, and how weak the owners/board/everyone else doubting him are, sandwiched betweens quotes from famous people.

The Sam Hinkie vision in short: tank, tank, and tank some more, until you luck into lottery picks that you can build a title team around. In the meantime, act smug and condescending to anyone that doubts your vision.

I feel sorry for the Sixers' fans. With Colangelo in charge, it might not get worse than the Hickie period, but it most likely won't get that much better.

Anyone interested in reading the ramblings of a slick salesman  misunderstood genius, here is his letter in all it's glory.
http://espn.go.com/pdf/2016/0406/nba_hinkie_redact.pdf

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: April 10, 2016, 03:32:33 am »
The best teams always get to absolutely mug guys on defense.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #430 on: April 10, 2016, 03:56:52 am »
2 more games to break the record.

I gotta admit Stephenson was pushed by Curry and Klay did get him on the hand too in that last shot.
I can't imagine how the Bay Area will be in the last game if they win tomorrow against the Spurs.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #431 on: April 10, 2016, 04:25:10 am »
I gotta admit Stephenson was pushed by Curry and Klay did get him on the hand too in that last shot.
Its nothing new. Best teams always get those calls. The Lebron Miami Heat team used to smash players with their aggressive sideline traps. Just a little disappointing, but I want the Warriors to break the record so good call.  8)

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: April 10, 2016, 02:01:47 pm »
Its nothing new. Best teams always get those calls. The Lebron Miami Heat team used to smash players with their aggressive sideline traps. Just a little disappointing, but I want the Warriors to break the record so good call.  8)

I agree but i think pretty much all teams get these calls. It's just there is no consistency in calls, every single game there are a few travelling calls the refs are missing, some even take 7 steps and no whistle.

Offline frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #433 on: April 11, 2016, 12:52:48 am »
Fantastic game right now between Spurs and Warriors. Low scoring but non-stop.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #434 on: April 11, 2016, 01:21:57 am »
Fantastic game right now between Spurs and Warriors. Low scoring but non-stop.

Yep, we (Warriors) looked rusty and careless and it's amazing the game is tied at HT.
We shouldn't be giving that many offensive boards to them. Warriors by 10+ in 2h

Offline frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #435 on: April 11, 2016, 01:25:32 am »
Yep, we (Warriors) looked rusty and careless and it's amazing the game is tied at HT.
We shouldn't be giving that many offensive boards to them. Warriors by 10+ in 2h

Careless is the key word there, turning the ball over quite cheaply.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #436 on: April 11, 2016, 02:22:29 am »
Hell yeah, we tie the Bulls record!

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #437 on: April 11, 2016, 02:30:04 am »
Hell yeah, we tie the Bulls record!

An incredible achievement.
I never thought I'd see another team equal the 72 Bulls, and with one game remaining they might even surpass that record.
Even with their incredible start to the season, there was always doubt among many that the Warriors would actually tie the Bulls record, let along break the record for most wins in a season. Ever.

Roll on the Grizzlies. If they don't win that game, it'll be the biggest upset in league history, especially with the record so close.
But I'm guessing they'll break the record, and go undefeated until the meet the Spurs in the playoffs for what surely will be one of the most anticipated series in history.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: April 11, 2016, 02:36:19 am »
An incredible achievement.
I never thought I'd see another team equal the 72 Bulls, and with one game remaining they might even surpass that record.
Even with their incredible start to the season, there was always doubt among many that the Warriors would actually tie the Bulls record, let along break the record for most wins in a season. Ever.

Roll on the Grizzlies. If they don't win that game, it'll be the biggest upset in league history, especially with the record so close.
But I'm guessing they'll break the record, and go undefeated until the meet the Spurs in the playoffs for what surely will be one of the most anticipated series in history.

Not to mention, Spurs were about to break the record and go undefeated at home during regular season, so it feels extra special for us.
That being said, play off's are always a different animal, I can see Utah stealing one from us.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #439 on: April 11, 2016, 05:00:24 am »
Yeah, as a Jazz fan I'm actually happier to face the Warriors than the Spurs or Thunder, provided Utah even qualifies, of course. Just seems a more favourable match-up somehow. Hasn't the Jazz taken the Warriors to O/T twice this season? Plus they almost held Curry to single digits in another game.