Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3280078 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Re: United - το πράσινο και το gOle πρότυπο
« Reply #12840 on: January 17, 2021, 11:22:18 am »
Sorry but you mention 2 things that are not rules related and the other thing you did mention I’d rather have back than the feigning screaming cheats we have today

The slow decline of football has been a steady drip ever since the first Satellite dish was put on a wall

We've had feigning, screaming cheats for decades

If you imagine we haven't then I can't image what game you've been watching?

I remember people diving - English and Fowwiners since the 70s.

Players have been trying to con the ref to gain advantage since referees have existed.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #12841 on: January 17, 2021, 11:23:49 am »
Just in case anyone is worried, I'll be ranting at the referee like a hamster on crack

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12842 on: January 17, 2021, 11:33:34 am »
But not for this thread I'd suggest?

This thread should be renamed to

"People who hate and have no interest in watching football (not even highlights) but sure do love talking about having no interest in watching football (not even highlights)"

I thought it bottomed out with all the sickening manc loving but I was wrong.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #12843 on: January 17, 2021, 11:54:32 am »
But not for this thread I'd suggest?

don't see any harm in it personally...id probably object if it was the actual match thread, but the Manc thread is fair game imo..this is a season unlike any other and it doesn't sit right with a lot of supporters, not least the inequalities of VAR - which Utd have gained from more than any other club in the league...don't see much wrong with folk - some of whom under normal circs would be at the game today - expressing how they feel about that...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12844 on: January 17, 2021, 11:59:28 am »
The BBC combined team is in and Pogba and Maguire are in. Imagine sitting down and thinking about it and selecting them  :o

If Maguire was in our squad, he'd literally be 5th choice CB. No way he gets in ahead of Virgil, Gomez, Matip or Fabinho.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12845 on: January 17, 2021, 12:13:40 pm »
We've had feigning, screaming cheats for decades

If you imagine we haven't then I can't image what game you've been watching?

I remember people diving - English and Fowwiners since the 70s.

Players have been trying to con the ref to gain advantage since referees have existed.
It has never ever ever been as widespread and prevalent as it is now, not a hope.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12846 on: January 17, 2021, 12:19:09 pm »
Mad that people who have no interest in the game (whether we are talking about today's actual match or football in general) are still posting on a Liverpool football club forum.

I'm 54, it's not easy to walk away from something that has been a massive part of your life for decades. Been through the highs and the lows with this club, we've now got a fantastic team and a manager who we all love, but the Premier league is fucked. Its a bunch of shit teams, leeching off our success while stabbing us in the back and a bunch of officials who no longer hide their corruption. Then we have the 3 subs v 5 subs nonsense, the playing too many games in a nonsense season and the silence this season from the voiders of last. Its a vile corrupt league.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12847 on: January 17, 2021, 12:46:24 pm »
Not seen it for a while

Dunno why it's back, absolutely dead meme.

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12848 on: January 17, 2021, 12:47:16 pm »
So, Man United then...

Offline Gray Hamster

• Not bong eyed but quite fond of little furry things.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12849 on: January 17, 2021, 01:37:58 pm »
So, Man United then...
Clearly all their fault imo

Online JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12850 on: January 17, 2021, 02:16:08 pm »
Sorry, but that's a crock of shit.

Many old school fans who are saying similar to Mike have been there through everything with Liverpool, from unimaginable glory to unimaginable tragedy. Trophy years and wilderness years. It's not about wanting things all our own way. It's a natural reaction to the decline of the game itself.

We all love Liverpool as much as we always did. It's the slow death of the game that people are reacting to. It's not about drawing a few games and being unhappy about it. It's the big picture that's depressing people.

Sorry, but that’s another crock of shite with a paint job.

People have been predicting the death of the game for decades.

Do you want a return to the years of pitch fencing? 25,000 at Anfield for a league match? Many grounds infected with racism? Working class fans treated inhumanly by the authorities? We could continue down this path, but you get my point.

Or is it these fallow months due to a world wide pandemic? Actually, other than a few arseholes, football has been something for many people to cling to, look forward to: same as it always has been. Look at Marine. As Liverpool fan, we had the ticker tape of being champions to buffer the misfortune of the pandemic.

Admittedly, VAR is awful and talk of a European Super League a poison to the ear: but dissatisfaction has forever lingered around football. Football was apparently going to die with the Premier League, and yet here it is, here, and we sit as champions.

So no, don’t be glib and say something is a crock of shit. Football is here, it can be huge power of good in life. It’s fashionable to kick it whilst it’s down, look back to imagined past times and think about casting it off, but don’t forget some will disagree.

Looks like too many people are happy to go from believers to doubters in a few months: I can’t be arsed going through post histories but I don’t remember many of these posts last January.

---It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love-- william melvin hicks

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #12851 on: January 17, 2021, 02:20:55 pm »
Bar me, our kid and the lad with the chimpanzees, everyone talks a crocodile full of shit.

Gerdanga!
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #12852 on: January 17, 2021, 02:40:21 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/qkyvE5t6JYc&amp;ab_channel=molsonite" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/qkyvE5t6JYc&amp;ab_channel=molsonite</a>
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #12853 on: January 17, 2021, 02:40:57 pm »
It has never ever ever been as widespread and prevalent as it is now, not a hope.

Of course it has been. What era do you think it started?

If you're saying that there haven't been divers before the last few years then you're off your head mate :)

I remember the Mancs, Spurs and Leeds sides (And ourselves on occasion) diving all over the shop in the 70s and we and they weren't the only ones

I remember all through the 70s and 80s and 90s and 00s loads of divers in our league and especially in Club European fixtures and World Cup fixtures.

Diving has always happened. Diving will always happen. I've seen plenty of Liverpool players over the ages diving all over the shop on occasion when they've barely been touched. They're all at it.

Offline Gray Hamster

• Not bong eyed but quite fond of little furry things.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12854 on: January 17, 2021, 02:42:05 pm »

Do you want a return to the years of pitch fencing? 25,000 at Anfield for a league match? Many grounds infected with racism? Working class fans treated inhumanly by the authorities? We could continue down this path, but you get my point.

Or is it these fallow months due to a world wide pandemic? Actually, other than a few arseholes, football has been something for many people to cling to, look forward to: same as it always has been. Look at Marine. As Liverpool fan, we had the ticker tape of being champions to buffer the misfortune of the pandemic.

Admittedly, VAR is awful and talk of a European Super League a poison to the ear: but dissatisfaction has forever lingered around football. Football was apparently going to die with the Premier League, and yet here it is, here, and we sit as champions.

So no, don’t be glib and say something is a crock of shit. Football is here, it can be huge power of good in life. It’s fashionable to kick it whilst it’s down, look back to imagined past times and think about casting it off, but don’t forget some will disagree.

Looks like too many people are happy to go from believers to doubters in a few months: I can’t be arsed going through post histories but I don’t remember many of these posts last January.

It s a point i made in a recent post above. Don’t be saying the game is dying for everyone, football is dead. Er no it’s not, it might be for you but not for me and many many others. I would prefer people to say that THEY don’t like the way the game has changed and have lost interest, i can accept that. Stop with the “football is dead” , really annoys me that it’s assumed it’s dead for everyone.   There is good and bad in the game, just like there was 10 years ago and 10 years before that

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #12855 on: January 17, 2021, 03:08:06 pm »
Re Diving..

Hell I listen at times to SiriusXM radio and there's a show called Grumpy Pundits. Rodney Marsh is co-host.He's 76 years old. He admits he dove back in the day and it's been going on for ages.The Man City supporting grump.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #12856 on: January 17, 2021, 03:09:18 pm »
The BBC combined team is in and Pogba and Maguire are in. Imagine sitting down and thinking about it and selecting them  :o

Maguire is basically in by default because of our injury situation. I’d still probably put Bailly ahead of him

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #12857 on: January 17, 2021, 04:08:02 pm »

Where on this site gave I ever even hinted that I'd like to go back to the past negative aspects of the game? I haven't, and never will do.

Where have I ever stated that I speak for anyone other than myself? I haven't, and I never will do.

Personally, I don't enjoy the repackaged product that the modern game has become. Some others feel the same, and that's their right. Some feel differently, and that's their right too.

Some who have been around for many decades, through thick, thin, tragedy and glory feel the game they love is dying as far as an enjoyable, emotionally investible spectacle is concerned. Some who have been through the same feel differently, as is their right.

I'll actually retract my "crock of shit" comment. I'm not normally so rude with my disagreement. You just seemed very dismissive of some lifelong fans' feelings, and that can hit a nerve for me at times.

Predicting the death of the game? People do not judge at what point this occurs for them by whether or not the game is still taking place in grounds and is still watched on television. Chances are, the game will always be around, but its audience will change.

I know so many lifelong, hardcore Reds who binned the game off over the years. Spiralling cost was one reason. Having the game stolen from the people, repackaged and sold back to them at inflated cost was another. Everyone has their tipping point. Of course, new people will take their place, so the cycle goes on...

Some on here have spectacularly missed the point of what some are saying. You can still love Liverpool, still love the game, but really dislike the 'product' that is being pushed onto us these days.

You can still want Liverpool to win with every fibre of your body, yet decide against tuning into the current farce where idiots use slide rules to identify a mm of toenail in order to rule out goals whilst turning a blind eye to assaults.

Also, you can still love Liverpool, still love this forum, still enjoy conversing with the people on this forum and still hold an opinion too, despite being fed-up with the overall product.

Anyway, please don't make out that I have in any way suggested that I'm speaking for anyone but myself. Plenty of others feel as I do, and plenty don't. I'm spokesman for myself only. I may agree with some, but I don't speak for them.

As far as the game today goes, I hope we smash these Manc twats all over Anfield. The fact I won't actually be watching 'the product' is neither here nor there. It's 100% inconsequential to the outcome.

Come on you Reds! Smash these pretenders.

Edited for typos.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 01:21:17 am by Son of Spion* »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #12858 on: January 17, 2021, 04:14:04 pm »
It s a point i made in a recent post above. Don’t be saying the game is dying for everyone, football is dead. Er no it’s not, it might be for you but not for me and many many others. I would prefer people to say that THEY don’t like the way the game has changed and have lost interest, i can accept that. Stop with the “football is dead” , really annoys me that it’s assumed it’s dead for everyone.   There is good and bad in the game, just like there was 10 years ago and 10 years before that
The bit in bold is exactly what people are saying.

People are talking from their personal perspective, not saying that everyone does or should think and feel the same. It's just that a few posters have spectacularly missed the gist of what others were actually saying, then took issue with it.

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12859 on: January 17, 2021, 06:31:16 pm »
Fernandes is so overrated it's laughable.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12860 on: January 17, 2021, 06:32:24 pm »
These lot play like a third division side.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12861 on: January 17, 2021, 06:39:28 pm »
There actually a good team, good structure defend well and have good fast attackers. A bit Mourinho-ish but then again Mourinho is one of the most successful managers of all time.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12862 on: January 17, 2021, 06:39:39 pm »
Strangely being kicked out of CL seems to have helped them a lot mentally and they could focus on the league.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #12863 on: January 17, 2021, 06:41:50 pm »
There actually a good team, good structure defend well and have good fast attackers. A bit Mourinho-ish but then again Mourinho is one of the most successful managers of all time.

Was actually surprised by how well disciplined they were defensively. Did feel like a Mourinho lite sort of team.

Still can't see them going on to win the league. It's games where they need to dominate possession that will get them undone.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12864 on: January 17, 2021, 06:42:00 pm »
Does that rat faced c*nt ever actually do anything when they don't get awarded penalties?

The way the media wank themselves stupid over him you'd think he was the 2nd coming of Maradona, more like the 2nd coming of Luke Chadwick, fucking dog of a footballer

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12865 on: January 17, 2021, 06:48:15 pm »
Does that rat faced c*nt ever actually do anything when they don't get awarded penalties?

The way the media wank themselves stupid over him you'd think he was the 2nd coming of Maradona, more like the 2nd coming of Luke Chadwick, fucking dog of a footballer

Dog of a team, saw no difference between their performance today or West Brom's a few weeks ago.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12866 on: January 17, 2021, 06:50:13 pm »
Dog of a team, saw no difference between their performance today or West Brom's a few weeks ago.

West Brom scored :)

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12867 on: January 17, 2021, 06:51:21 pm »
Let them big themselves up and get carried away. Average team riding some good fortune and favourable decisions.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12868 on: January 17, 2021, 06:53:11 pm »
Saw 10 minutes of the game and was enough to see just how fucking shite these lot are. Media can blow all the smoke they want up their arses, they're still fucking crap.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #12869 on: January 17, 2021, 06:55:33 pm »
Was actually surprised by how well disciplined they were defensively. Did feel like a Mourinho lite sort of team.

Still can't see them going on to win the league. It's games where they need to dominate possession that will get them undone.

In those games, they've so far been enjoying deflection after deflection goals, and of course penalties.
Young pelanty is a reliable goalscorer so don't see them dropping too many points against the bottom feeders to be honest.
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12870 on: January 17, 2021, 07:00:07 pm »
West Brom scored :)

Touche. I know it won't be said but that was a shithouse performance from them.

Online Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12871 on: January 17, 2021, 07:01:18 pm »
Today they honestly looked like nothing special. If we had a bit more rhythm up front we would have beat them, very frustrating.

They defended quite well, but their consistently wanked-over attack looked toothless, which is a surprise considering Bruno Fernandes looks like fucking Shergar with that grid. Baffling to see how he’s mentioned in the same conversations as De Bruyne and Bergkamp at the moment.

Rashford is a sound fella for all he’s doing with the free school meals, but despite a lot of running for them he’s not really a threat.

Luke Shaw is managing to finely balance having an arse the size of St George’s Hall with going down at the slightest breeze.

We should’ve beat them today, we didn’t and we move on.

Offline Iglooboy

• Boys Pen
« Reply #12872 on: January 17, 2021, 07:07:12 pm »
lucky lucky :)

come OT, will be different outcome.

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #12874 on: January 17, 2021, 07:13:56 pm »
Ole setting records..

The 3rd Manchester United manager to not win any of his first 4 fixtures v Liverpool.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #12875 on: January 17, 2021, 07:16:11 pm »
They missed their best player today and got away with a point.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12876 on: January 17, 2021, 07:34:25 pm »
Strangely being kicked out of CL seems to have helped them a lot mentally and they could focus on the league.

They got Europa Leauge fixtures to manage once they come around.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #12877 on: January 17, 2021, 07:35:52 pm »
You can look at it in two ways - they were kicked out of the CL or kept in the PL title picture by Penalty and referees.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12878 on: January 17, 2021, 07:36:59 pm »
They are better than many of us (me included) give them credit for, but they aren't good enough to win the league. They couldn't beat an out of form Liverpool with no defence in their biggest game of the season.

They will finish anywhere between 4th-2nd, which would be a good season for them.  If we find our shooting boots, we will finish comfortably enough ahead of them.

Online BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #12879 on: January 17, 2021, 07:38:52 pm »
My mate once trained his dog to fall over every time he'd whistle. Man Utd have trained their refs to whistle every time they fall over.