Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3279947 times)

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: United - το πράσινο και το gOle πρότυπο
« Reply #12800 on: January 16, 2021, 06:38:47 pm »
I won't be watching either, although I will check the score and I hope we smash them all over the place.

As a live spectacle, the game is dead to me now.

Honestly, this seasons VAR decisions have killed it for me. I'm almost indifferent, and is such definitely not watching the match. I'm expecting the worst every time there is a decision to be made (even if there shouldn't be). It's really sad.

Hopefully, things change when fans are allowed back in great numbers. It's harder for the refs to blatantly cheat when there's 55k screaming you down.
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12801 on: January 16, 2021, 06:47:38 pm »
I don't believe any of you. ;D

We were in Dubai for last seasons away game, she fucking insisted we watch the game in the sports bar, stupid fucking idea. I stormed off after Manes goal was disallowed (I know it was correct under the laws) and went and sat at the beach bar on my own. It was the fact that the VAR ref disallowed it after the foul on Divock went unpunished that snapped me.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #12802 on: January 16, 2021, 06:48:07 pm »
I don't believe any of you. ;D

Nah...deadly serious me. I haven't watched a single live game all season, and rarely bother with highlights anymore either. I just don't miss this current version of footy, and the longer it goes on the less I miss it.

Tomorrow at match time I have a fish and chips date all lined up with a beautiful young lady....no brainer really!
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #12803 on: January 16, 2021, 06:48:20 pm »
As sad as it is, it's a dead season for me at least.

I'd rather be over in the park feeding the birds and squirrels than put myself through it as it is currently.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12804 on: January 16, 2021, 06:49:30 pm »

I'd rather be over in the park feeding the birds and squirrels than put myself through it as it is currently.

We all know they will dive all over the park and will get every decision of Tierney. Its corruption and I won't be part of it.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12805 on: January 16, 2021, 06:51:34 pm »

You should cut down on the pork pies mate.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #12806 on: January 16, 2021, 06:52:43 pm »
We were in Dubai for last seasons away game, she fucking insisted we watch the game in the sports bar, stupid fucking idea. I stormed off after Manes goal was disallowed (I know it was correct under the laws) and went and sat at the beach bar on my own. It was the fact that the VAR ref disallowed it after the foul on Divock went unpunished that snapped me.
Nah...deadly serious me. I haven't watched a single live game all season, and rarely bother with highlights anymore either. I just don't miss this current version of footy, and the longer it goes on the less I miss it.

Tomorrow at match time I have a fish and chips date all lined up with a beautiful young lady....no brainer really!

I understand all that and can't really provide you with any arguments to change your mind, but I'll still be watching. I can't even imagine not watching, I think I'd be even more of a nervous wreck.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12807 on: January 16, 2021, 06:53:04 pm »

You should cut down on the pork pies mate.
Pork pies?
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12808 on: January 16, 2021, 06:55:01 pm »
I understand all that and can't really provide you with any arguments to change your mind, but I'll still be watching. I can't even imagine not watching, I think I'd be even more of a nervous wreck.

Yeah, definitely watching. Fully expect a lot shite decisions which has been the case in our games this season but given we're playing these lot, it's going to be much much worse but I have some vain hope that things will start evening out tomorrow. Which will mean a fuckload of bizarre decisions going for us.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #12809 on: January 16, 2021, 06:57:20 pm »
Yeah, definitely watching. Fully expect a lot shite decisions which has been the case in our games this season but given we're playing these lot, it's going to be much much worse but I have some vain hope that things will start evening out tomorrow. Which will mean a fuckload of bizarre decisions going for us.

That's optimistic. In my much more realistic scenario, we'll batter them to such an extent that no ref in the world would be able to help them. :)

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12810 on: January 16, 2021, 06:58:32 pm »

Delusion. The phrase that "decisions even out over the course of the season" is bollocks. Especially now that Utd have VAR to help them along the way.
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12812 on: January 16, 2021, 07:00:07 pm »
That's optimistic. In my much more realistic scenario, we'll batter them to such an extent that no ref in the world would be able to help them. :)

I'd take that.

Delusion. The phrase that "decisions even out over the course of the season" is bollocks. Especially now that Utd have VAR to help them along the way.

I did say it was vain hope :P

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #12813 on: January 16, 2021, 07:01:17 pm »

I see where you where coming from, but the difference for me personally is I'm not nervous about the outcome because I'm that arsed about the outcome. Win, lose or draw I'll move on immediately.

Even if we smash them 5-0 in a controversial free game, I won't regret not following it, my interest has waned so much. I've lost so much passion for the game, it's difficult to see it coming back.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12814 on: January 16, 2021, 07:02:06 pm »

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12815 on: January 16, 2021, 08:49:01 pm »
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jan/15/klopp-carry-on-complaining-united-penalties-bruno-fernandes-liverpool-manchester-united

“[For us] Against the champions, they’ve got an amazing record at Anfield in the league, they haven’t lost for many, many years, so it’s a great test for us: can we go there and cause an upset?

No you can't you diving little fucker.

Offline JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12816 on: January 16, 2021, 09:00:50 pm »

Sounds like you don’t give a shit, and want it all on your own terms. Football is suffering, the reds are suffering, get behind us and the game when needed, or fuck off and get into Rugger.

Leaving it until you can be arsed it a wool’s game.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 09:03:32 pm by JamesG L4 »
---It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love-- william melvin hicks

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #12817 on: January 16, 2021, 10:23:45 pm »
Sounds like you don’t give a shit, and want it all on your own terms. Football is suffering, the reds are suffering, get behind us and the game when needed, or fuck off and get into Rugger.

True that.  One of my best memories watching us (outside of being at the match) was in a pub when we played them at Anfield in late 2009.

We were in a terrible run of form including the beachball game and the Mancs came to Anfield expecting to add to our misery.  Torres scored and then some big United pressure.  When Ngog slotted at the end I remember jumping all over the place in celebration and shouting at the top of my voice "Fuck off ye Manc bastards!"  to some very angry looks from a few of theirs who were in there.

Can't beat those back to the wall moments when they're acting billy big bollocks only for us to ram it back down their throats.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #12818 on: January 16, 2021, 10:26:45 pm »

as is using the word Rugger...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline mikeb58

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #12819 on: January 16, 2021, 10:43:45 pm »

Well that's put me in my plaice!

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #12820 on: January 16, 2021, 11:08:38 pm »

Rugger!!

Oh.. er.. Rugged?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12821 on: January 16, 2021, 11:09:00 pm »

True that.  One of my best memories watching us (outside of being at the match) was in a pub when we played them at Anfield in late 2009.

We were in a terrible run of form including the beachball game and the Mancs came to Anfield expecting to add to our misery.  Torres scored and then some big United pressure.  When Ngog slotted at the end I remember jumping all over the place in celebration and shouting at the top of my voice "Fuck off ye Manc bastards!"  to some very angry looks from a few of theirs who were in there.

Can't beat those back to the wall moments when they're acting billy big bollocks only for us to ram it back down their throats.

Lovely. That was an awful season and that match was the undeniable highpoint, especially Ngog's goal as we were coming under pressure at the end and the relief when the ball went in the net was huge. Reina's burst towards him just sealed that moment.

I know it's not nearly as bad for us now as it was back then but it does kind of have a similar feel given the past three league games. Would be great to do something similar tomorrow.

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #12822 on: January 16, 2021, 11:12:51 pm »
We’re gonna smash these twats.
We are Liverpool!

Offline mikeb58

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #12823 on: January 16, 2021, 11:33:31 pm »
I live in Anfield...'Rugger' is not a term we're used to around these parts to be honest.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12824 on: January 16, 2021, 11:53:12 pm »
We’re gonna smash these twats.
Reckon our lads are going to be well up for this one, it will be a rout.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12825 on: January 16, 2021, 11:53:15 pm »

Sorry, but that's a crock of shit.

Many old school fans who are saying similar to Mike have been there through everything with Liverpool, from unimaginable glory to unimaginable tragedy. Trophy years and wilderness years. It's not about wanting things all our own way. It's a natural reaction to the decline of the game itself.

We all love Liverpool as much as we always did. It's the slow death of the game that people are reacting to. It's not about drawing a few games and being unhappy about it. It's the big picture that's depressing people.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #12826 on: January 17, 2021, 12:32:25 am »
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Gray Hamster

• Not bong eyed but quite fond of little furry things.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12827 on: January 17, 2021, 12:33:32 am »
Sorry, but that's a crock of shit.

Many old school fans who are saying similar to Mike have been there through everything with Liverpool, from unimaginable glory to unimaginable tragedy. Trophy years and wilderness years. It's not about wanting things all our own way. It's a natural reaction to the decline of the game itself.

We all love Liverpool as much as we always did. It's the slow death of the game that people are reacting to. It's not about drawing a few games and being unhappy about it. It's the big picture that's depressing people.

I cannot agree with all of that, especially the “slow death of the game” bit.  I grew up in the 70’s watching Liverpool win everything right through to the 80’s. The game was more colourful in a good and bad way, on and off the pitch.  Racism was rife, hooliganism was rife and there should have been prison sentences handed out for some of the play on the pitch.

Now, we have an issue with diving, VAR isn’t working, Covid is a pain, there is way too much money in the game but the standard of football is spectacular and i think we can agree things have improved In respect to crowd behaviour (although still not perfect). There is good and bad in the game.

Whilst i would agree that some people might be falling out of love with the “change of the game in recent years” I do not agree with your “slow death of the game” for everyone statement, maybe for you and others but not for me and others who perhaps tolerate and embrace change differently.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #12828 on: January 17, 2021, 02:45:26 am »
I cannot agree with all of that, especially the “slow death of the game” bit.  I grew up in the 70’s watching Liverpool win everything right through to the 80’s. The game was more colourful in a good and bad way, on and off the pitch.  Racism was rife, hooliganism was rife and there should have been prison sentences handed out for some of the play on the pitch.

Now, we have an issue with diving, VAR isn’t working, Covid is a pain, there is way too much money in the game but the standard of football is spectacular and i think we can agree things have improved In respect to crowd behaviour (although still not perfect). There is good and bad in the game.

Whilst i would agree that some people might be falling out of love with the “change of the game in recent years” I do not agree with your “slow death of the game” for everyone statement, maybe for you and others but not for me and others who perhaps tolerate and embrace change differently.

Sorry but you mention 2 things that are not rules related and the other thing you did mention I’d rather have back than the feigning screaming cheats we have today

The slow decline of football has been a steady drip ever since the first Satellite dish was put on a wall
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12829 on: January 17, 2021, 03:31:10 am »

I won't be watching either and it has nothing to do with Liverpool dropping points recently. I watched every game I could avidly during some absolutely piss poor seasons in the past decade and a half. If it was about wanting to win I doubt people would sit through that shit and leave now 'cus we're 3 points off the top. :D

It's the game itself, it's a circus. The child-like passion I had for it has just gone and I don't see it ever coming back. Don't think I even want it to come back, not with football being the way it is now. Constant 'news' updates, neverending marketing, transfer rumours being treated as more exciting than the actual game, broadcasters hyping every single game up beyond belief, working-class fans being priced out of supporting their community club, the farce of VAR, fans becoming accountants obsessed with club revenue and whatever (I saw a post the other day of the "fuck the FA Cup" variety because it's not lucrative, fuck me I can't be arsed with that) the gradual removal of physicality from a contact sport, and so on, the list is much longer. 

It's ugly. I knew all this before COVID but now with fans gone it's really laid bare for all to see. The heart has been ripped out of the game.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 03:40:54 am by Cu Chulainn »

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #12830 on: January 17, 2021, 07:43:02 am »
Mad that people who have no interest in the game (whether we are talking about today's actual match or football in general) are still posting on a Liverpool football club forum.

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12832 on: January 17, 2021, 10:09:16 am »
The BBC combined team is in and Pogba and Maguire are in. Imagine sitting down and thinking about it and selecting them  :o

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12833 on: January 17, 2021, 10:38:19 am »
Mad that people who have no interest in the game (whether we are talking about today's actual match or football in general) are still posting on a Liverpool football club forum.

Don't worry, they'll all be on here analysing the game after they've finished in the garden. ;D

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #12834 on: January 17, 2021, 10:46:04 am »

Not mad at all, its a very interesting debate...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12835 on: January 17, 2021, 10:47:02 am »
The BBC combined team is in and Pogba and Maguire are in. Imagine sitting down and thinking about it and selecting them  :o

Well, they had to pick someone, and they picked the most expensive ones. In reality, no Man Utd player would get into our starting XI ...

Offline tbonejones

• Dr. Doolittle
  • Legacy Fan
  • We'll be coming down the road...
« Reply #12836 on: January 17, 2021, 10:52:19 am »
No need to take the piss out of people that have said they're not watching and have lost their passion for the game. It doesn't have to be all in or all out you know - you can support Liverpool without watching the games on the telly.

While I still do follow every game, I can certainly say that my drive has waned as well. Of course part of that is due to the pandemic, but as soon as VAR came in it started sucking life out of the game for me and it hasn't got any better (at least in this country). I won't go on but the thing for me has always been the goal scoring moments. Fuck with that and you fuck with football.

Time for a beer soon I think.
Journo: ''So, let me get this right, train, coach, train, plane.''
Rafa: ''No, coach first because we will not be walking to the train station.''

Don't Buy The Sun - www.dontbuythesun.co.uk

It was poodle. She was rocking a fucking poodle to sleep.

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12837 on: January 17, 2021, 11:09:52 am »
No need to take the piss out of people that have said they're not watching and have lost their passion for the game. It doesn't have to be all in or all out you know - you can support Liverpool without watching the games on the telly.

While I still do follow every game, I can certainly say that my drive has waned as well. Of course part of that is due to the pandemic, but as soon as VAR came in it started sucking life out of the game for me and it hasn't got any better (at least in this country). I won't go on but the thing for me has always been the goal scoring moments. Fuck with that and you fuck with football.

Despite taking the piss a bit, I'm in the same camp. VAR is killing the game.

More than anything, I'm hoping for one team (hopefully us) to win the game fair and square today. If the refs and VAR are as incompetent today as they've been for most of the season, I might have to take up gardening myself. 

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12838 on: January 17, 2021, 11:11:19 am »

I agree. It was different last year as we had the title win but it has been a shit show since the restart. VAR mixed with not being able to go to the game is making it difficult to get excited about watching it.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #12839 on: January 17, 2021, 11:15:52 am »
Not mad at all, its a very interesting debate...

But not for this thread I'd suggest?
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same