Author Topic: LFC's next manager - chat and informed speculation  (Read 605947 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: LFC's next manager - chat and informed speculation
« Reply #14080 on: May 7, 2024, 04:39:31 pm »
Say's the person who kept giving us meaningless Portuguese league results week after week.

That was attached to potentially the new manager you sorry excuse of a football player.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #14081 on: May 7, 2024, 04:48:17 pm »
That was attached to potentially the new manager you sorry excuse of a football player.
;D you actually think these are all our real names. I don’t think you’re walking round in a nice summer frock cos you chose a birds name. An I’ve got this sneaky suspicion that’s not the real Istvan

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #14082 on: May 7, 2024, 04:48:41 pm »
I do think you wear frocks though. That bit I lied aboot.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14083 on: May 7, 2024, 04:52:41 pm »
;D you actually think these are all our real names. I don’t think you’re walking round in a nice summer frock cos you chose a birds name. An I’ve got this sneaky suspicion that’s not the real Istvan

Are you telling me you're not a Knight of the Realm?  :(

Offline markmywords

• Was 2/10. Now 0.5/10. Must try much harder not to make people a little sick in their mouth.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14084 on: May 7, 2024, 05:20:25 pm »
We were running on fumes though. Klopp summed it up when he talked about no Premier League teams in the latter stages of the CL or Europa. The schedule is ridiculous. We played Atalanta, Fulham, Everton and West Ham away in 10 days. That is nuts.

THe scheduling wasn't great but that didn't cost us

Sunday 14th April  Liverpool 0 Crystal Palace 1 (14th in pl)

Thursday 11th April  EUROPA LEAGUE QUARTER-FINAL Liverpool 0 Atalanta 3(5th in serie a)

Sunday 7th April Manchester United(8th in PL) 2 Liverpool 2

was a reasonable set of fixtures, but unreasonable set of results, after that we were toast

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14085 on: May 7, 2024, 09:01:22 pm »

Wait. Capon isn’t your real name?

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #14086 on: May 7, 2024, 09:29:29 pm »
THe scheduling wasn't great but that didn't cost us

Sunday 14th April  Liverpool 0 Crystal Palace 1 (14th in pl)

Thursday 11th April  EUROPA LEAGUE QUARTER-FINAL Liverpool 0 Atalanta 3(5th in serie a)

Sunday 7th April Manchester United(8th in PL) 2 Liverpool 2

was a reasonable set of fixtures, but unreasonable set of results, after that we were toast

Had we got through that run then those 4 away games in such a short turnaround would have likely seen us come unstuck. A completely unreasonable schedule.

I think with us though the general fatigue we hit was a combination of a months long injury crisis and making a slog out of every game. The physical and mental energy wasted on games like Luton and Sheffield United at home which should have been routine home wins in second gear.

Also, we didn't have a free midweek for several months. Arsenal had their feet up most of Jan and Feb, while we had a load of domestic cup games. I don't think Arsenal can hide behind the schedule for their own CL failings and they certainly haven't looked fatigued.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #14087 on: May 7, 2024, 09:57:51 pm »
See! we should have gone for Dortmund Manager...he's Brilliant..a genius...must find out his name.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #14088 on: May 7, 2024, 10:20:15 pm »
See! we should have gone for Dortmund Manager...he's Brilliant..a genius...must find out his name.

BVB fans would gladly drive him here  :P

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #14089 on: May 7, 2024, 10:21:53 pm »
The current one or an ex one?  ;D
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14090 on: May 8, 2024, 07:32:52 am »
This is a manager speculation thread not a season review  :wave

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #14091 on: May 8, 2024, 08:05:03 am »
The first thing Slot needs to do is resolve Trent and Salah's position in the team because a large part of the transfer will be dependent on that decision.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #14092 on: May 8, 2024, 08:29:14 am »
The first thing Slot needs to do is resolve Trent and Salah's position in the team because a large part of the transfer will be dependent on that decision.

For someone that uses wingers and inverted full backs, I think it would be a fooly not to move Trent to one of that double-pivot position. And Salah should slowly start moving into that AM/Second Striker position. And use his pace more efficiently instead of just on the wings.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14093 on: May 8, 2024, 08:35:22 am »
For someone that uses wingers and inverted full backs, I think it would be a fooly not to move Trent to one of that double-pivot position. And Salah should slowly start moving into that AM/Second Striker position. And use his pace more efficiently instead of just on the wings.

Salah will be an interesting one, he basically has very reduced defensive responsibilities currently, I can’t see that remaining with Slot coming in.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #14094 on: May 8, 2024, 08:41:30 am »
I'm really hoping Slot uses Trent as one of the double pivot and not a fullback. I think he would take to that position like a duck to water and also I think Bradley is too good to be on the bench. Ramsay can be Bradley's back up.

Online CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14095 on: May 8, 2024, 10:19:38 am »
The great thing about the internet is that people don't realise I am actually a kangaroo.
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #14096 on: May 8, 2024, 11:46:57 am »
Yep I think you deal with Mo first - I don't think we can consider selling more than one of the front 5 else there will be no continuity. If Mo stays, then you can asses the others. Getting Trent to sign is the biggest challenge as he is meant to be our future.

Think Slot coming in will remind everyone of their defensive duties at least initially.

Offline Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #14097 on: May 8, 2024, 12:19:17 pm »
I'm really hoping Slot uses Trent as one of the double pivot and not a fullback. I think he would take to that position like a duck to water and also I think Bradley is too good to be on the bench. Ramsay can be Bradley's back up.

I think he would too but I think his success transitioning there would be massively dependent on who his partner is. Thiago was brilliant for us, but Thiago and Fabinho were almost unbeatable for a while. I’ve no doubts Trent can do it, but he really needs to play next to an industrious, pessimistic player who will do the hard yards and make us difficult to play through. If we throw Trent and Mac Allister in as a double pivot I just don’t see how that has enough balance or solidity, as good as Mac Allister is without the ball, it’s he or Trent next to a destroyer, not the two together, at least from the start. I think Mac could really suit playing the 10 ahead of Trent and a more destructive player.

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #14098 on: May 8, 2024, 12:28:08 pm »

Ramsay is a puzzle.  He has hardly played for Bolton in League 1 - where Bradley had dominated the awards.  Ramsay doesnt seem ready to be a squad player for us.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #14099 on: May 8, 2024, 12:42:54 pm »
The great thing about the internet is that people don't realise I am actually a kangaroo.
Is Tie Me Kangaroo Down an actual sport?

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14100 on: May 8, 2024, 01:20:13 pm »
Interestingly Slot was manager at AZ Alkmaar who has Billy Beane as a minority owner.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #14101 on: May 8, 2024, 01:39:16 pm »

It was when Rolf was around
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14102 on: May 8, 2024, 01:52:39 pm »
More a lifestyle choice
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline fiveways

• Kopite
« Reply #14103 on: May 8, 2024, 01:57:21 pm »

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14104 on: May 8, 2024, 01:59:08 pm »

It was when Rolf was around

Ange dislikes this post, mate.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #14105 on: May 8, 2024, 02:02:18 pm »
 ;D

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14106 on: May 8, 2024, 02:23:00 pm »
Interestingly Slot was manager at AZ Alkmaar who has Billy Beane as a minority owner.

Job for the boys.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #14107 on: May 8, 2024, 03:11:46 pm »

I really hope he doesn't, Trent needs to own and refine his best position: right back.

From where we acheived 93 points, 97 points and 99 I think it was.

You fix the midfield ahead of him.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Bennett

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14108 on: May 8, 2024, 03:14:52 pm »
I really hope he doesn't, Trent needs to own and refine his best position: right back.

Yes, the difference between then and now is we don't have engines like Milner and Henderson that allow for him to leave the right-back spot vacant.

Offline Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14109 on: May 8, 2024, 03:22:40 pm »

1000% despite the Trent inverted fullback approach getting us back on track it's nowhere near the sustained quality we saw when we played rampaging fullbacks.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14110 on: May 8, 2024, 03:46:19 pm »
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14111 on: May 8, 2024, 04:53:29 pm »
I thought this was being announced last week.  Anybody know what the hold up is?

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #14112 on: May 8, 2024, 04:54:16 pm »
Salah will be an interesting one, he basically has very reduced defensive responsibilities currently, I can’t see that remaining with Slot coming in.

Salah will definitely be a very very complex dilemna to solve. He has so much to offer offensively and nearly nothing defensively.

Slot, with wanting his team to defend from the front, will need him to perform defensive duties. But I think he can play the role of that "holding AM" during an attack phase, and hold it for the wingers to get into position.

By modifying his game to have more "holding" character, he could effectively be either attacking (which he is world class good at) and charge himself at the goal, or hold the ball and shield it for the team to get forward.

But its sure that his game has to change and he will probably become more withdrawn and become less potent in banging in goals. So no more 20 goals or 25 goals. More like 12-15 goals, 12-15 assists and a couple of penalties here and there.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14113 on: May 8, 2024, 05:01:15 pm »
I thought this was being announced last week.  Anybody know what the hold up is?

Slot himself said last week it will get announced when both his and LFC's season is over officially. Both clubs have nothing to play for with 2 games left.  ;D

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #14114 on: May 8, 2024, 05:05:06 pm »
Technically speaking then, as Feyenoord's last game kicks off at 1.30 and the Wolves game starts at 4pm he could get on a Jet and make an appearance at the end. Jurgen handing him the keys to his office on the pitch.

aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14115 on: May 8, 2024, 05:09:41 pm »
Technically speaking then, as Feyenoord's last game kicks off at 1.30 and the Wolves game starts at 4pm he could get on a Jet and make an appearance at the end. Jurgen handing him the keys to his office on the pitch.
I certainly hope that's a joke .... ?

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14116 on: May 8, 2024, 05:29:03 pm »
I certainly hope that's a joke .... ?

Unfortunately, I've seen the plans. Jurgen's going to enter a red painted Tardis placed in the centre circle, giving one final wave to the crowd with pyrotechnics going off and all that razzmatazz before Slot steps out looking bewildered.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14117 on: May 8, 2024, 05:29:48 pm »
Unfortunately, I've seen the plans. Jurgen's going to enter a red painted Tardis placed in the centre circle, giving one final wave to the crowd with pyrotechnics going off and all that razzmatazz before Slot steps out looking bewildered.
phew - that's more like it!

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14118 on: May 8, 2024, 05:30:14 pm »

For Rolf Harris it certainly was...

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #14119 on: May 8, 2024, 06:29:52 pm »
phew - that's more like it!
At least they didn't go with the original idea of re-enacting the Rudi Voller-Rijkaard spitting incident as part of a tribute to German and Dutch football history