Author Topic: New Years Day Match Memories.  (Read 629 times)

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
New Years Day Match Memories.
« on: December 31, 2018, 11:28:47 pm »
The first one that pops up is Forest away in 87.

We were living on Hartesbourne Avenue at the time and me an our Alan booked tickets with Barnes Travel or maybe Amberline. Fuck knows who it was but the picked us up at Childwall Fiveways . I think the coach was at 10.30 or something . Anyway we both wake up feeling like shit. He'd been out all night and got in about 5am and I'd stayed in getting stoned and drinking shit lager. We both wake up and it's 10 o'clock or something and we are like ' Fuckin ell lad '. We both just jumped out of bed , got changed and ran like fuck up Well Lane which for all of youse that don't know is one big fuck off hill and at least a mile or two. We finally gets to the coach at the Fiveways as the coach driver seen us both and said 'Youse must be the Dixons then '. As we finally get on a few lads on the coach are clapping us as we were a few minutes late . I don't remember much else apart from I think it was pissing down. A school teacher from our school was standing by us and heared us swearing and giving the Forest fans shit and he said to us ' Behave lads '. Our response was . ' Sorry Sir '  ;D I think it ended up 1 - 1 with Rush getting a late equaliser . I also remember a few scraps happening in the coach car park at the back of the away end.

Miss you like fuck lad.

The Bank Holiday games always have a certain buzz about them .

Anyone else got any boss ones ?
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
Re: New Years Day Match Memories.
« Reply #1 on: January 1, 2019, 02:50:50 am »
My first ever Liverpool match was New Years Day 1985 at Watford. No great story attached I’m afraid. I was 8 and my family were visiting my Grandparents who didn’t live too far from Watford at the time.
I remember me, my grandad, my brother and my dad went along. My Grandad was the only driver behind me getting into football really, and took me to quite few games in the mid eighties, my dad had no interest, and I was/am the only Reds fan.

I know we stood in one of the ends of the ground, and I like to think it was the Liverpool one as my grandad bought me a scarf and a badge before the game which I was wearing.

Wasnt a great game but like the above post we were rescued by a late Rush equaliser. I was sure Barnes scored for them but looked it up a little while back and discovered it was Luther Blissett.

New Years Day isn’t quite the big football day it used to be back then, thanks to Sky spreading the games out etc, but I suppose on the flip side it’s a lot easier to watch games on tv now than it was then.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp