Author Topic: Danny Ings  (Read 339812 times)

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Danny Ings
« Reply #1680 on: December 6, 2017, 06:17:21 pm »
Liverpool’s Danny Ings wanted on loan by West Ham and Newcastle

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/dec/06/liverpol-danny-ings-loan-newcastle-west-ham

might as well, he's not gonna play for us this season
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1681 on: December 6, 2017, 06:18:55 pm »

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/dec/06/liverpol-danny-ings-loan-newcastle-west-ham

Newcastle would be great, don't need him anywhere near Moyes  ::)

Offline Hymer Red

• With the money from the accident she bought herself a mobile home...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1682 on: December 7, 2017, 03:40:01 am »

Rafa giving him game time and keeping him fit for us would make sense for the rest of this season
This Klopp fella, hes not bad is he?

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1683 on: December 7, 2017, 03:50:41 am »
Best option would be Stoke.They play good attacking football , has some quality creative players (Shaqiri Allen )and not likely to be involved in a relegation fight.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1684 on: December 7, 2017, 06:39:30 am »
Southampton lack decent attacking players, if they're smart enough, they should ask for Ings.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1685 on: December 7, 2017, 06:48:39 am »
Might aswell go on loan he’s too good to play U23 football then let leave in the summer.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1686 on: December 7, 2017, 06:50:19 am »
Best option would be Stoke.They play good attacking football , has some quality creative players (Shaqiri Allen )and not likely to be involved in a relegation fight.

They don’t anymore they they knock it to Crouch and they will be in a relegation fight this year.

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1687 on: December 7, 2017, 07:15:38 am »
Is there a point of a loan deal?

Will he ever play for Liverpool now?

May as well sell him IMO
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1688 on: December 7, 2017, 07:18:23 am »
Just incae we leave ourselves short you know how many injuries we get.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1689 on: December 7, 2017, 07:38:32 am »

May as well sell him IMO

I don't think other teams would be willing to buy him in January given his two major injuries. I think a loan move would be best for the next 5-6 months then if he's still injury free we can command a better fee in the summer.

Offline gkmacca

• Kopite
« Reply #1690 on: December 7, 2017, 09:31:53 am »

May as well sell him IMO

I don't know why people are so quick to dismiss him. He's a good player who has the right attitude to keep improving under Klopp, he suits Klopp's style of play and he could be a really useful player for us. I hope he stays and gets a chance. After all he's been through he deserves it.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1691 on: December 7, 2017, 09:36:03 am »
I don't know why people are so quick to dismiss him. He's a good player who has the right attitude to keep improving under Klopp, he suits Klopp's style of play and he could be a really useful player for us. I hope he stays and gets a chance. After all he's been through he deserves it.

He’s not making it here is he. He’s been so unlucky he’s a good player but he’s playing U23 football at 25 and he’s just seen a 20 year old lad come in and take any chance he had of getting appearances.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1692 on: December 7, 2017, 12:12:39 pm »
he needs to usurp bobby, mane, salah, dom, origi and maybe even coutinho in order to play

and thats not including the youngsters like wilson and brewster who should be given a chance.

Of course everyone here wants him to succeed after such a brutal and demoralizing time here but he deserves to play looking at his form with the u23 and the only game time he will be getting is with other clubs.  I think even he knows that. Maybe if he really does bang em in when on loan then we will see how it pans out for his future.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1693 on: December 7, 2017, 04:05:29 pm »
I like Ings, great attitude and hats off to him for all his charity work, really great lad, would love him to make it here, but if he doesn't I'm sure there'll be no shortage of suitors for him, loan to Newcastle then can be reassessed in the summer, honestly think he'd be a useful squad player.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1694 on: December 7, 2017, 06:59:59 pm »
And just to think our lovely neighbours would love a hardworking forward with an eye for goal in January. ;)

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1695 on: December 7, 2017, 07:53:07 pm »
Is he ready for any kind of regular first team action at premiership level? Don't think other clubs could afford to manage him like we have.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #1696 on: December 7, 2017, 10:43:07 pm »
I like Ings, great attitude and hats off to him for all his charity work, really great lad, would love him to make it here, but if he doesn't I'm sure there'll be no shortage of suitors for him, loan to Newcastle then can be reassessed in the summer, honestly think he'd be a useful squad player.

Newcastle would be my pick. Playing proper tactical football.

Moyes team would just keep pinging high balls into the penalty area and Ings is not that kind of player.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #1697 on: December 7, 2017, 10:46:34 pm »

Quick phone call to Brendan would be better for him. Easier league, play to his strengths, he'll get at least two European games, he'll score goals so his confidence will be raised, and he'll likely get a medal at the end of it all for his troubles. And if he likes it there, they might make the move permanent.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #1698 on: December 7, 2017, 10:48:40 pm »
Top lad, top player but he needs games now. On loan to Southampton as a sweetener for the VVD deal would work. He's from down that neck of the woods and he would be a perfect fit. Let him get his eye in and come back to us end of the season. He bags a dozen down there, hell, he could even make the world cup squad. After Kane, all the front positions are up for grabs
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline RedBootsTommySmith

• Kopite
« Reply #1699 on: December 7, 2017, 11:01:06 pm »
And just to think our lovely neighbours would love a hardworking forward with an eye for goal in January. ;)

He’d be perfect for them.
Victorious and glorious....

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1700 on: December 8, 2017, 07:17:11 am »
Quick phone call to Brendan would be better for him. Easier league, play to his strengths, he'll get at least two European games, he'll score goals so his confidence will be raised, and he'll likely get a medal at the end of it all for his troubles. And if he likes it there, they might make the move permanent.

He’s better than that shit league. Loan him to someone in our league, if he scores and earns a point against any of the others in the top 6 then it’s worth that alone.
« Last Edit: December 8, 2017, 07:23:16 am by Anfield89 »

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1701 on: December 8, 2017, 07:45:26 am »
He’s better than that shit league. Loan him to someone in our league, if he scores and earns a point against any of the others in the top 6 then it’s worth that alone.

I would trade him and Sturridge for VVD. Southampton would benefit even more than us.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1702 on: December 8, 2017, 08:23:44 am »
I would trade him and Sturridge for VVD. Southampton would benefit even more than us.

Haha so would I mate but that’s not very realistic.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #1703 on: December 8, 2017, 08:33:16 am »
Oh Danny boy. :(
A good and talented player when we bought him and someone who needs more time to develop but clearly he can't do it here now.

I would love to see him in the team scoring goals and having fun, but I just can't see it at the moment. Lad needs games badly and soon.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1704 on: December 10, 2017, 05:44:42 pm »
His first Premier League football since May 2016 today!

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1705 on: December 10, 2017, 05:48:11 pm »

Was good to see him getting some minutes, hopefully he'll get some more during the fixture pile up to work his way back toward full fitness. I hope he can contribute enough to not need to go out on loan
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline WisconsinRed

• Special: but only in his very own.....special.....way!
  • Kopite
« Reply #1706 on: December 10, 2017, 05:51:42 pm »
Did nothing when he came on. He was a waste of sub.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1707 on: December 10, 2017, 05:53:59 pm »
All for giving players a chance aren't you?

Offline WisconsinRed

• Kopite
« Reply #1708 on: December 10, 2017, 05:58:49 pm »
All for giving players a chance aren't you?

I am yeah.

Am I not allowed to have my opinion on his performance today?

I would have rather gini come on and ings performance only confirmed that.

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1709 on: December 10, 2017, 05:59:36 pm »

Don't know why anyone would expect much from him, when was his last 1st team appearance? 

Offline WisconsinRed

• Kopite
« Reply #1710 on: December 10, 2017, 06:02:42 pm »
Don't know why anyone would expect much from him, when was his last 1st team appearance?

Exactly, he was a waste of a sub

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #1711 on: December 10, 2017, 06:04:38 pm »

I'm pleased he got his first minutes since then. I'm sure he'll get more over the next month.

I'd think of him more of a replacement for Firmino rather than the two of them on the pitch at the same time.

Offline David Struhme

• Kopite
« Reply #1712 on: December 10, 2017, 10:50:35 pm »
Thought he looked bright when he came on, hopefully he can get more than 10 minutes in a game over the busy Xmas period.

I think him getting minutes today shows that he should stay at the club and not go on loan in Jan. The way we play with a number of attacking options in the squad and almost all of our subs are usually attacking ones. Therefore one injury to Sturridge and suddenly Ings is needed. We will have injuries and suspensions in our attacking options between now and the end of the season so I think sending Ings on loan could see the squad looking very light uptop.

Let's hope he can grab his chance when it next comes.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1713 on: December 10, 2017, 10:56:16 pm »

May as well sell him IMO

he deserves a chance to prove himself and to motivate himself long term, never really got the chance due to the injury..

if he tears and scores goals, he could be a good option to have in future... you never know.

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1714 on: December 10, 2017, 11:56:14 pm »

He did as much as anyone else did from when he came on. One moment I remember, he bust a gut to sprint to the touchline to make a block on an attempted clearance from one of their fullbacks on the near side... the ball breaks to Gomez and puts us back on the attack late on. These moments are very valuable when the clock is dying out and you're hunting a goal. I'm not going to make out that he had an incredible contribution, because he didn't, but it was only a brief appearance after all.

He's probably not going to make it here after his injury setbacks and the calibre of players ahead of him now... stating the obvious I know. A loan to Newcastle would be a great option for all involved imo
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1715 on: December 11, 2017, 09:15:04 am »
he deserves a chance to prove himself and to motivate himself long term, never really got the chance due to the injury..

if he tears and scores goals, he could be a good option to have in future... you never know.

Look, I'm all for giving players a chance if they're good enough / ready... I'm amazed he was involved yesterday like but hey what do I know.

Hope he gets more chances and scores loads of goals!! I just didn't think he was high enough in the 'pecking' order to get selected (a) for the bench & (b) get some minutes in the pitch.

Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline WaterfordRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #1716 on: December 11, 2017, 09:24:31 am »
Good to see Danny Ings back.
SOS 8040

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #1717 on: December 11, 2017, 09:42:17 am »
was made up to see him come on and was praying for him to slot one to (re)kickstart his LFC story...hopefully will get a few more opportunities over chrimbo...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1718 on: January 23, 2018, 02:26:16 am »
I thought he looked decent when he came on. Nice touch to set up that left-footed shot, and good play to get the ball to Van Dijk when Firmino hit the post. Massive soft spot for this guy, I hope he gets more opportunities to prove his worth here. Would be nice to see him start in the FA Cup against West Brom on Saturday.

Offline Scaryscouse

• Purveyor of shite english lager
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nice packet of Crunchy Nut you got here
« Reply #1719 on: January 23, 2018, 04:22:47 am »
Thought he did well when he came on. I think the romantic in all of us wants to see this guy make it here. He had a horrible job to do tonight but I thought he really added a bit of urgency to the team and was a very positive influence over all.

He's been fine fitness wise for the under 23's and has been among the goals too. He might be over the injury hope and able to contribute to the first team, especially if Sturridge is off.

That shot too..... Shit, if he'd just got a bit more power behind it was in for sure.
I remember years ago doing the fart with your fingers pointed like a gun.

I did it to my brother, I had a dressing gown on.

Instead of farting I shat on the floor - my brother thought I was demented.