Author Topic: City Breaks recommendations.  (Read 12267 times)

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
Re: City Breaks recommendations.
« Reply #120 on: June 14, 2022, 11:21:42 pm »
Amazing city. Find trattorias that have minimum signage and are off the drag. For galleries, i.e., David or the Uffizi book in advance. For accommodation, if you're staying in a small place try and get a room at the back as the sounds of scooters at 3AM in morning can get on your nervous. Hopefully, you like walking as its one of the best cities for meandering around. Also, get up to Piazza Michelangelo around sunset with a bottle of local wine and watch the sunset over the city.

Excellent sounds perfect.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #121 on: June 15, 2022, 07:57:48 am »
Can anyone recommend a city break that kids (5 and 3 years old) would enjoy? Every holiday they have been on to date has been a beach holiday and I feel like doing something different but need a good idea otherwise Mrs WLR will shoot it down and we’ll end up on a beach for 7 days.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #122 on: June 15, 2022, 09:57:42 am »
Can anyone recommend a city break that kids (5 and 3 years old) would enjoy? Every holiday they have been on to date has been a beach holiday and I feel like doing something different but need a good idea otherwise Mrs WLR will shoot it down and we’ll end up on a beach for 7 days.

How big a city? My brother in law loves San Sebastián which has the (small) city and beaches combined.

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: June 15, 2022, 10:21:16 am »

Valencia. The City of Arts and Sciences has a massive aquarium and museum that kids love. It has a decent beach in the city, although the best beaches are just outside Valencia. But it gives you the option to have a few days at the beach and exploring the city the rest of the time.

The old town is a great place to have a wander around the narrow cobbled streets with plenty of good places to eat and drink. And it has a good metro and tram system for getting around the city.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #124 on: June 15, 2022, 10:55:00 am »
Lisbon.

Amazing City.

Online Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #125 on: June 15, 2022, 11:44:05 am »
Seville
San Sebastián
Athens
Munich
Copenhagen

Would be my recommendations as good places for city breaks. Think all would be fine with kids but I’d say San Sebastián (beach) and Copenhagen (Tivoli Gardens) may best suited to kids. Though I’ve taken mine to all the above.

In addition to the above I’d say Stockholm and Berlin are good city breaks. Most big cities are to be fair. Most will have enough to see and explore over a few days. Personally I think Prague and Barcelona are over rated. Both are OK but not brilliant in my opinion. I’m also not massively keen on Oslo. It’s quite nice but boring. Think Stockholm, Copenhagen and Gothenburg are better Scandinavian cities. Some Swiss places can be a bit dull since they are pretty much closed on a Sunday. Basle is a pleasant city but really quiet on a Sunday. Good night out on Friday and Saturday though.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #126 on: June 15, 2022, 12:15:26 pm »
Valencia. The City of Arts and Sciences has a massive aquarium and museum that kids love. It has a decent beach in the city, although the best beaches are just outside Valencia. But it gives you the option to have a few days at the beach and exploring the city the rest of the time.

The old town is a great place to have a wander around the narrow cobbled streets with plenty of good places to eat and drink. And it has a good metro and tram system for getting around the city.

Great call.

Annecy in France is very family friendly in summer.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #127 on: June 15, 2022, 04:18:31 pm »
Thank you guys, some really good suggestions.

I’m gonna look into Valencia and San Sebastián as a few days at the beach and few exploring the city would be perfect and things like aquariums will be perfect options away from the beach.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #128 on: September 5, 2022, 12:17:39 am »
Currently on honeymoon in Italy doing Milan, Turin, Verona, Padua, Bologna and Rimini.

Milan is obviously a great city to visit, but we're in Turin right now and my word it is beautiful and the food - amazing. Recommended highly.

Will report on the other 4.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #129 on: January 23, 2023, 03:15:41 pm »
Going to Paris in July

look forward to it

3 nights

obviously going nowhere near Saint Denis
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline CaseRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #130 on: January 23, 2023, 03:18:31 pm »
Weekend in Lake Garda booked for the end of June. Looking for Vineyard tours!

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #131 on: January 23, 2023, 06:19:44 pm »
Weekend in Lake Garda booked for the end of June. Looking for Vineyard tours!

It's spectacular. Only had a day there on our honeymoon but would easily go back for a few days.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline lfcmaster45

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #132 on: January 23, 2023, 08:52:02 pm »

Valencia is so underated I actually enjoyed it more than Lisbon