Author Topic: The eBay thread (your buys and sales)  (Read 162680 times)

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
Re: The eBay thread (your buys and sales)
« Reply #840 on: January 29, 2013, 12:42:51 pm »
:D

Offline Sir Afghan

• "I, Stan!" Has the softest beard.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #841 on: January 29, 2013, 01:12:16 pm »
I've only recently returned to the world of ebay after about 5 years of not bothering, in the last week i've purchased a pair of shoes for work (£35), a shirt for work (£12) and thermal long johns (not joking! for Zenit away. £4 delivered).

I can already feel myself getting drawn into ebay again.

Offline tray fenny

• virtue signaling keyboard warrior
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The eBay thread (your buys and sales)
« Reply #842 on: January 29, 2013, 01:17:45 pm »
I sold a job lot of Lego before Christmas for £103. Sent it off via yodel and received a tracking number which when i checked on yodel website said it had been delivered on dec 21st. I get a message after Christmas from the buyer saying he still not received it. I check with yodel who said it was delivered to the correct address and was signed for by a mr smith ( the buyer) but have offered no proof of this.
Now he has opened a case against me asking for a refund and saying I need to chase yodel for the money. Is this my responsibility?

If you have kept the tracking number that shows the 21st Dec delivery and sig then your fine
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Offline brad147690

• get shirty
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #843 on: January 31, 2013, 07:26:46 pm »
I have got quite a lot of rare national football shirts for sale for anyone interested.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/brad147690/m.html?item=281058906878&ssPageName=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #845 on: February 13, 2013, 02:24:57 pm »
Question:

I just sold my first item on ebay, it was a watch and some fella from Australia with a rating of 4 or so bought it.

I sold it on the 10th and so far he has not paid for it via PayPal. I sent him a message yesterday just basically saying 'thank you for the purchase, the item will be dispatched asap once full payment has been received.

Just wondering how long should I leave it before I take it a step further and open a query on it with ebay?

Obviously inexperienced as a seller and I stipulated on my advert that I expected payment within a couple of days of the auction ending.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #846 on: February 13, 2013, 02:29:23 pm »
Question:

I just sold my first item on ebay, it was a watch and some fella from Australia with a rating of 4 or so bought it.

I sold it on the 10th and so far he has not paid for it via PayPal. I sent him a message yesterday just basically saying 'thank you for the purchase, the item will be dispatched asap once full payment has been received.

Just wondering how long should I leave it before I take it a step further and open a query on it with ebay?

Obviously inexperienced as a seller and I stipulated on my advert that I expected payment within a couple of days of the auction ending.
rating of 4 is not a good sign in the first place mate.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #847 on: February 13, 2013, 02:34:28 pm »
rating of 4 is not a good sign in the first place mate.

I'm aware of that.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #848 on: February 13, 2013, 02:38:16 pm »

Relax, I'd give it a while yet.
Some buyers don't cough up immediately, I've had some not pay for around 4 weeks, I assume waiting for their payday or to sell something themselves.
Wait and see if he responds to your message say within the next five days days, and if he doesn't, send him another stating your intention to cancel the sale unless he contacts you back.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #849 on: February 13, 2013, 02:40:29 pm »
Relax, I'd give it a while yet.
Some buyers don't cough up immediately, I've had some not pay for around 4 weeks, I assume waiting for their payday or to sell something themselves.
Wait and see if he responds to your message say within the next five days days, and if he doesn't, send him another stating your intention to cancel the sale unless he contacts you back.

Ta mate, I'll let it run for a bit and see what happens.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #850 on: February 13, 2013, 07:18:28 pm »
@Phil M.

It's always a good idea to put in your listsing what time scale you want paying by.

I do a fair bit of buying and selling on ebay, and in mine I always put:  Item to be paid for withing seven (7) days of auction end.

That way, you're giving them a bit of leeway in case they havent got the reddies that day, or a few days to transfere money between accounts etc.  but not enough time for them to start taking the piss.

If they don't pay within the seven days, I send a reminder on the seventh day, with a further 48 hours.

If then they don't pay, you just open a case or relist the item.

If they say they require a bit more time for X, Y, or Z, then I'll usually accomodate them for a bit longer as long as I'm being kept informed.

There's nothing worse than someone buying one of your items and then you hear nothing.

In shorts, It's always advisable to give people areasonable length of time to pay, as long as A. You're kept informed, and B. it doesn't start dragging on for weeks.

As an example I had a lad buy something off me a few years ago, and the auction ended about three hours before he was due to board a plane for his holidays.   He got in touch straight away and explained the situation, and I waited for three weeks to get paid.   Fair enough.

Another pointer, as pointed out, is people with very low ( mainly single figures) feedback.

Most are genuine, but it should still keep you on your toes, and make you ultra suspicious.   Moreso if you are sending the item outside of the country, as the Police can only track and deal with fraud within our own borders.

If sending things abroad, insist on over the top postage costs to cover it being tracked and or signed for at the other end.

That may not neccessarily stop any fraud, but it will in most cases cover you with ebay/paypal if you get ripped off, and they'll usually refund you when you prove to them you've taken all availabe steps to stop any bogus buyers.

If you need any advice, just PM me.  :wave

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #851 on: February 23, 2013, 04:51:24 pm »
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #852 on: February 26, 2013, 03:43:47 pm »
£35  :shocked
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Djimigotamedal

• Main Stander
« Reply #853 on: February 26, 2013, 04:16:53 pm »
Would it be against ebay rules for me to buy a product off amazon then sell it directly on ebay , simply marking it as a gift on amazon and using the persons address ive sold it to on ebay. Noticed a product that sells on ebay for a bit more than its for sale for on amazon and wouldnt mind earning my self a few extra quid  8)

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #854 on: February 26, 2013, 04:37:21 pm »
Would it be against ebay rules for me to buy a product off amazon then sell it directly on ebay , simply marking it as a gift on amazon and using the persons address ive sold it to on ebay. Noticed a product that sells on ebay for a bit more than its for sale for on amazon and wouldnt mind earning my self a few extra quid  8)

You'll still be paying sellers fees which will eat into your profit but I don't see any reason why you can't. It's not Amazon's producetyou buy it, it's yours.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #855 on: February 26, 2013, 05:38:24 pm »

It's only against the rules if someone finds out. You're fucked though if someone buys it from you on ebay, then when you go to order it on Amazon and there's none left. How often do you use ebay? Anything goes wrong on the amazon end of things then that can fuck up your rating as a seller. If Amazon failed to deliver, you would then get in shit with ebay for failing to deliver.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #856 on: February 26, 2013, 11:02:35 pm »

It's effectively drop shipping, which lots of people do (used to be more popular than it is these days). Their are lots of risks in it though as you're relying on a middle man.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #857 on: March 7, 2013, 12:53:12 pm »
I've bought a DVD via ebay before and they were delivered direct from amazon.
Cost me a couple of quid over the amazon price.  Fair play to the middleman I thought and learnt my lesson.

Can't see any harm in doing it as long as you don't over expose yourself to losses if Amazon can't fulfill :)

"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline 6thSense

• 6th Sense? Nonsense more like.
  • Anny Roader
  • stadium work is gonna start in the summer of 2014
« Reply #858 on: March 11, 2013, 09:41:19 am »
Can't find any specific thread so I'll ask here:

I'm getting Traktor S4 dj controller from USA (I live in Ireland). With different volt/hertz etc. system, am I going to be in trouble?

I know I can go and get some transformer but transformers don't change the frequency, so anything that depends on the frequency (50Hz here, 60Hz in the US) won't like it... Thanks for any advice
I never single out players for criticism - but there's no need tonight, because we were uniformly awful.

Offline MULLENEDWINE

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #859 on: March 11, 2013, 10:45:31 am »
Hello all, need a couple of questions answering with regards to selling on ebay, could anyone help me out? I've sold single items on there no problem but this is going to be large numbers of clothes.

1. Do you need to have some sort of 'business' (It's not a business, just commission per sale) account via ebay/paypal to sell a lot of stock. 

2. Is there a way of having one page for lots of items or do they have to listed individually? By this I mean I have one page, say, 20 stock with all sizes/all colours then the customer can click and choose specifically what they want from that page. Listing them all individually I think would be very time consuming.

Any help would be great, thanks.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #860 on: March 11, 2013, 11:08:31 am »

As far as I can see, it looks like they are powered either via USB from your laptop, or if that doesn't provide enough juice, the supplied external wallwart PSU.

If the PSU is the same as this, it looks like it will be dual voltage, they are often auto voltage sensing switched mode PSU's these days, it shouldn't be a problem but read the label and check. Oh, and did I say read the label and check? Yes, I said read the label and check before plugging it in here in Europe, just in case.

If you are buying from the US I expect the PSU will also be their two prong type,  so you'll need a convertor to a 3 pin.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline 6thSense

• 6th Sense? Nonsense more like.
  • Anny Roader
  • stadium work is gonna start in the summer of 2014
« Reply #861 on: March 11, 2013, 12:18:35 pm »

Thanks mate. Hope you're right. A seller claims it comes with like 5 different plugs for different countries. Looks like I should not be worried then. But a friend of mine tells me there might be a problem. I really don't have a clue about these things. I was about to pull out of deal but you actually change my mind. I go for it now
I never single out players for criticism - but there's no need tonight, because we were uniformly awful.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #862 on: March 11, 2013, 03:34:20 pm »
Hello all, need a couple of questions answering with regards to selling on ebay, could anyone help me out? I've sold single items on there no problem but this is going to be large numbers of clothes.

1. Do you need to have some sort of 'business' (It's not a business, just commission per sale) account via ebay/paypal to sell a lot of stock. 

2. Is there a way of having one page for lots of items or do they have to listed individually? By this I mean I have one page, say, 20 stock with all sizes/all colours then the customer can click and choose specifically what they want from that page. Listing them all individually I think would be very time consuming.

Any help would be great, thanks.

1. Yeah if it looks like you're selling a lot of stock then you'll require a business account. It makes no difference other than you have to offer returns.

2. Yeah you can set up sales to allow for multiple sizes and colours.

You'll have to remember you'll only be able to list/sell 30 items in a month (or up to £1000) at first, and then you can increase your selling allowance each month by giving them a ring.

Offline MULLENEDWINE

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #863 on: March 11, 2013, 07:43:18 pm »
1. Yeah if it looks like you're selling a lot of stock then you'll require a business account. It makes no difference other than you have to offer returns.

2. Yeah you can set up sales to allow for multiple sizes and colours.

You'll have to remember you'll only be able to list/sell 30 items in a month (or up to £1000) at first, and then you can increase your selling allowance each month by giving them a ring.

Thankyou mate, much appreciated!!

Offline just Riggins?

• seeks man with gsoh 28-36. Likes a man in uniform.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #864 on: March 16, 2013, 10:46:08 am »
Sold some bloke a ticket back in October for about a third of its face value.  He's been messaging me asking for tracking numbers etc since I sent it (even though it wasn't listed as to be posted with a tracking number) and now predictably he's asking for a refund as he's not had it. 

It's complete bullshit but I can refuse his refund can't I?  I've told him to open a case if he wants one although the listing is over 60 days old and can't be seen anymore. 

He's got more or less perfect feedback but in his feedback he's got negative comments telling people to avoid him with a positive feedback so that's dodgy as.  Don't know what to do.

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"
« Reply #866 on: March 17, 2013, 09:12:17 am »
I'm selling the family collection of coins. Coin collectors, have a look: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261184201882?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649
In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)

Offline richiedouglas

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You feed beefburgers to swans!
« Reply #867 on: March 17, 2013, 08:11:05 pm »
I'm looking to get rid of my xbox 360 but I had it chipped to play knock off games. Would I get in trouble selling this on ebay?

Online anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #868 on: March 17, 2013, 10:39:46 pm »
I'm looking to get rid of my xbox 360 but I had it chipped to play knock off games. Would I get in trouble selling this on ebay?
Could possibly get removed. How much you looking for it mate? Is it still chipped?
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #869 on: March 17, 2013, 11:06:59 pm »
Sold some bloke a ticket back in October for about a third of its face value.  He's been messaging me asking for tracking numbers etc since I sent it (even though it wasn't listed as to be posted with a tracking number) and now predictably he's asking for a refund as he's not had it. 

It's complete bullshit but I can refuse his refund can't I?  I've told him to open a case if he wants one although the listing is over 60 days old and can't be seen anymore. 

He's got more or less perfect feedback but in his feedback he's got negative comments telling people to avoid him with a positive feedback so that's dodgy as.  Don't know what to do.

I dont think they allow negative feedback anymore do they? As far as I know, eBay always side with the buyer, and he prbably could end up getting a refund. He's bought it in October, but only looking a refund now? This could work in your favour if you say you posted it at the time.

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #870 on: March 17, 2013, 11:13:41 pm »
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline richiedouglas

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You feed beefburgers to swans!
« Reply #872 on: March 19, 2013, 09:27:19 am »
Could possibly get removed. How much you looking for it mate? Is it still chipped?

Yeah it's still chipped. I haven't used it in about a year but still works. Was looking for about £50 (+postage) for it and it's got about 8 knock off games and 1-2 real ones. It's had an 'extra' fan put in to avoid the rrod too. All in all I don't use it so might as well sell it.

Offline just Riggins?

• seeks man with gsoh 28-36. Likes a man in uniform.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #873 on: March 31, 2013, 01:44:57 pm »
I dont think they allow negative feedback anymore do they? As far as I know, eBay always side with the buyer, and he prbably could end up getting a refund. He's bought it in October, but only looking a refund now? This could work in your favour if you say you posted it at the time.

According to him I said I'd send it recorded but never have him the tracking. I found no record of postage on any emails I had about the item but in the end I gave him a refund.  He knew exactly what he was doing though, nasty piece of work.  By all accounts it seemed he was a tout, ah well hopefully karma will sort him out. 

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #874 on: March 31, 2013, 03:03:37 pm »
Is that you selling those mate? Someone seriously paid £9.50 for that 3rd one? Fucking hell

Not mine unfortunately . I wish I possessed such a talent .

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #876 on: April 2, 2013, 02:09:33 pm »
Been removed now.

I remember people always got around it by selling a Champions League Mug + free ticket to the Final or something like that, to get around the ticket selling thing.

But eBay is just full of robbing bastards now.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #877 on: April 2, 2013, 02:12:48 pm »
Been removed now.

I remember people always got around it by selling a Champions League Mug + free ticket to the Final or something like that, to get around the ticket selling thing.

But eBay is just full of robbing bastards now.

He had received 4 bids aswell when I last saw it, unreal.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #878 on: April 10, 2013, 03:40:39 pm »
http://www.ebay.ie/sch/hellrazor-7/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25&_trksid=p3686

few old school wwf tapes if anyones interested

more to come
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline -Nay-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #879 on: April 10, 2013, 06:03:39 pm »
Got an xbox kinect on at the moment with 2 games (blackwater + kinect adventures). Barely used. 40 quid + fiver postage

Will do free postage if anyone off here buys it

Just pm us if interested :)