Author Topic: Babel: I'm not finished here  (Read 149881 times)

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
Re: Babel: I'm not finished here
« Reply #2160 on: January 18, 2011, 11:34:45 am »
Rumours are, we're getting Suarez, and Babel is going the other way.
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #2161 on: January 18, 2011, 11:35:13 am »
Ryan Babel has revealed he is keen to return to Ajax on loan as part of a potential deal for forward Luis Suarez.

Link: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/867382/liverpool-forward-ryan-babel-talks-up-prospect-of-luis-suarez-swap?cc=4716

Liverpool are reported to have made contact with Ajax on Saturday over a deal for Uruguay international Suarez and negotiations are said to be ongoing and Babel, who left Ajax in 2007, has revealed he would welcome the opportunity for more first-team football.

"The transfer of Suarez to Liverpool opens the door for me to go to Ajax," he told De Telegraaf. "If Liverpool and Ajax - whether in combination with Luis - can reach an agreement over me I will surely come to the club.

"For the chance to play I am willing to settle for far less pay. For a player of my age it is important to be playing week in week out."

Babel has made nine appearances for Liverpool in the Premier League this season
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2162 on: January 18, 2011, 11:36:14 am »

Sattapaal singh! How are you! :)
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline sattapaartridge

• Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #2163 on: January 18, 2011, 11:41:33 am »
Sattapaal singh! How are you! :)

Not that good following that news man!

Really hoped for someone like Babel in our starting line-up, possibly on the right :(

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2164 on: January 18, 2011, 11:42:03 am »
Let's sign this guy up! He sounds awesome.

Hang on, are you talking about Babel? Ryan Babel?

He's nowhere near our best option out wide and never has been.

Yeh but you think Dirk Kuyt is still the asnwer to our wide problems ffs. 

Dirk should go before Babel, because of the age difference and potential to be here for more years and become a better player. Note: I do like Dirk, but think he may be past it now.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2165 on: January 18, 2011, 11:44:10 am »

Dirk should go before Babel, because of the age difference and potential to be here for more years and become a better player. Note: I do like Dirk, but think he may be past it now.

I agree we will need to become more ruthless in letting go of the players who are becoming past of their prime. Tough for an old sentimental guy like myself, but deffo would like to see Kuyt for Suarez rather than our Ryan Babel, as frustrating as he is.
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2166 on: January 18, 2011, 11:54:33 am »
Has he still not started 3 games in a row then?

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #2167 on: January 18, 2011, 11:59:13 am »

The guy is so quick, has loads of skill and a vicious shot. Lesser teams would base their whole games around him and would have loads of success.

When I first read this I thought you were taking the piss, sadly it seems you're not. He is quick, he has very little skill and no team with a manager with half a brain cell would base their whole games around him. You must have got him mixed up with somebody else.

Offline SkinHimHesShite

• 80 kgs benchpressed, but are we impressed?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2168 on: January 18, 2011, 11:59:54 am »
Let's sign this guy up! He sounds awesome.

Hang on, are you talking about Babel? Ryan Babel?

He's nowhere near our best option out wide and never has been.

I'll say he is. just the infatuation with turning dangerous players into alrounders has stunted his progression. he should have gone somewhere like villa first, and then made the step up- would be a much better team player now if he had.

Offline sattapaartridge

• Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #2169 on: January 18, 2011, 12:00:24 pm »

Agree with that, but surely Babel would be an attractive proposition to Ajax than Dirk Kuyt?

Offline SkinHimHesShite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2170 on: January 18, 2011, 12:01:43 pm »
oh i forgot that...that was fucking amazing goal

not as good as when he won the penalty to get us back in the game

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2171 on: January 18, 2011, 12:05:31 pm »
When I first read this I thought you were taking the piss, sadly it seems you're not. He is quick, he has very little skill and no team with a manager with half a brain cell would base their whole games around him. You must have got him mixed up with somebody else.

LOL...:)

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2172 on: January 18, 2011, 12:07:03 pm »
Agree with that, but surely Babel would be an attractive proposition to Ajax than Dirk Kuyt?

Well Dirk has an excellent scoring record in the Eredivisie, and seeing as we would be taking their best goalscorer, I think Dirk could be a more attractive proposition. But we all know there is zero chance Dirk is going anywhere.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2173 on: January 18, 2011, 12:07:50 pm »
I would have kept him as a squad player but I can't see him getting many games regardless of who the manager is, based on the last few years, so maybe it's best for all involved if we find him another club.

It's a shame though because he offers something different to any of our other wide players.

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2174 on: January 18, 2011, 12:12:31 pm »
Oh come on Neil, who's better? Jova? Kuyt?

On the left? Maxi. On the right? Kuyt. Personally I'd rather see Glen Johnson out there though.

Err, no I don't, I've said plenty of times now we should shift Glen wide right and push Dirk up with Torres. Keep up, FFS.

Please God let this be true. A donkey out the door and a world class striker in.

Offline penga

• What you get if you cross Pingu with Jenga.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2175 on: January 18, 2011, 12:12:55 pm »
He a played 203 league minutes this season, 90 ofem because Torres wife was in labour.

Considering how shit everyone else was and that Babel actually put in a couple of nice performances, that's just shockingly unfair treatment - borderline disgrace. And people still don't give him a break...

How can a player go through a season like this no wonder he gets unhappy?

Offline Fuzion6

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2176 on: January 18, 2011, 12:13:19 pm »
I said it before...but Ryan Babel is a case study for how to completely mis-manage a young player with huge potential and destroy their confidence.

Offline Neil D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2177 on: January 18, 2011, 12:14:20 pm »
I said it before...but Ryan Babel is a case study for how to completely mis-manage a young player with huge potential and destroy their confidence.

Ryan Babel is a case study of a player with bags of natural talent and athletic ability but no brains.

Offline penga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2178 on: January 18, 2011, 12:17:12 pm »
On the left? Maxi. On the right? Kuyt. Personally I'd rather see Glen Johnson out there though.

Err, no I don't, I've said plenty of times now we should shift Glen wide right and push Dirk up with Torres. Keep up, FFS.

Why do we have to accomodate Kuyt in the team btw (if Johnson plays RW)? After so many bad games in a row you still prefer Kuyt on the right zzz...

When Gerrard comes back you'd still rather Kuyt in the team (thereby stuffing up Kenny's 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 formation) and one of Gerrard, Lucas and Meireles on the bench instead???
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 12:18:58 pm by penga »

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #2179 on: January 18, 2011, 12:21:33 pm »
Would be a bit disappointed to lose Ryan.
But then,now it possibly means we will get a winger too.
We'll probably only spend 10-12 million here.

Offline Roy of the rovers

• TORY Supporter - proof being he voted for Blair...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2180 on: January 18, 2011, 12:24:12 pm »
I agree we will need to become more ruthless in letting go of the players who are becoming past of their prime. Tough for an old sentimental guy like myself, but deffo would like to see Kuyt for Suarez rather than our Ryan Babel, as frustrating as he is.

You are kidding me. Kuyt will serve us well to the end of the season at least, Babel will do nothing all season. We're losing nothing but 'potential' here. In two seasons, Babel will be like Cole and Downing, players with a great future behind them...

Offline Roy of the rovers

• TORY Supporter - proof being he voted for Blair...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2181 on: January 18, 2011, 12:25:20 pm »
He is the answer to our issues of being able to get the ball from midfield to the box.

The guy is so quick, has loads of skill and a vicious shot. Lesser teams would base their whole games around him and would have loads of success.

I would give him the right flank to run like the wind, take on and do whatever he needs to do to get in behind there defense. By far our best wide option and also the one least used.

Name the game in which he's dominated a flank, taken on players and delivered top crosses from behind the defence.

No, I'll make it fair, name the half when that's happened.

Offline SkinHimHesShite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2182 on: January 18, 2011, 12:29:19 pm »
Ryan Babel is a case study of a player with bags of natural talent and athletic ability but no brains.

Its got fuck all to do with brains, its more to do with understanding of his teamates. Easy to call him thick though.

For a forward, i rate the ability to run with the ball, cross the ball and unleash a lethal shot. But apparently we dont need that kind of skill from a wide forward, we need shape and tenacity.

just looked at some stats and he gets a goal or an assist every 147 minutes.

kuyt gets a goal or assist every 212 minutes.

Clearly Ryan gets fewer minutes on the pitch- and he will be coming on late in games when defenders are tired, but that is a massive difference. in the final 1/3 babel is head and shoulders above dirk statistically, its just the alround game that lets him down.

Im personally very suprised kenny hasnt given him a game.

Offline Neil D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2183 on: January 18, 2011, 12:29:45 pm »
Why do we have to accomodate Kuyt in the team btw (if Johnson plays RW)? After so many bad games in a row you still prefer Kuyt on the right zzz...

When Gerrard comes back you'd still rather Kuyt in the team (thereby stuffing up Kenny's 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 formation) and one of Gerrard, Lucas and Meireles on the bench instead???

Yeah, sadly even if Kuyt was bad for months on end he'd still be a better option than Ryan on the right because he has a brain.

Did I say that? And who knows what formation Kenny will play yet? Currently Raul doesn't deserve to be in the team either.

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2184 on: January 18, 2011, 12:31:28 pm »

Was it a Alonso interview a couple of years ago where he commented something to the effect of Babel being the one with least (football?) intelligence in him. Talked about training sessions, IIRC.

You are kidding me. Kuyt will serve us well to the end of the season at least, Babel will do nothing all season. We're losing nothing but 'potential' here. In two seasons, Babel will be like Cole and Downing, players with a great future behind them...

End of season at least being the point here. Why not moving him out six months earlier? Babel is a big question mark, I deffo agree with that at least.
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline Neil D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2185 on: January 18, 2011, 12:32:41 pm »

Its got fuck all to do with brains, its more to do with understanding of his teamates. Easy to call him thick though.

Why, because he is thick? Or was the Webb incident and the previous Twitter outburst the sign of a deeply intelligent man? He hasn't got any sense or brains on or off the field. He doesn't know when to cross, when to shoot, when to go wide, when to cut in, when to hold up play, where his fellow players want to receive a pass... hence the standard run at three players, twat it at the corner flag in the 89th minute routine he invariably provides.

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2186 on: January 18, 2011, 12:32:48 pm »
Has he really got natural ability? or is it he just looks physically the part?
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline Neil D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2187 on: January 18, 2011, 12:34:26 pm »
Has he really got natural ability? or is it he just looks physically the part?

It seemed so when we first saw him, the touch and finish against Derby for example, instinctive ability. But there is no doubt his natural ability pales into comparison with his pace and power and without intelligence that's not enough for LFC.

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2188 on: January 18, 2011, 12:35:18 pm »
It seemed so when we first saw him, the touch and finish against Derby for example, instinctive ability. But there is no doubt his natural ability pales into comparison with his pace and power and without intelligence that's not enough for LFC.

Aye id agree.
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline sattapaartridge

• Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #2189 on: January 18, 2011, 12:38:50 pm »
IMO, Ryan Babel the striker wont be missed, and this is an important thing because he thinks he can play central striker, which I don't think he can.

What is a shame though, is he could have been something as a Right Winger, so I'm inclined to agree that he wont be missed in the respect that he thinks he's a striker. IMO, he has all the attributes to be a great RW.

Offline penga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2190 on: January 18, 2011, 12:40:28 pm »
Yeah, sadly even if Kuyt was bad for months on end he'd still be a better option than Ryan on the right because he has a brain.
lol no...

clearly biased opinion zzz...

as it is Babel has a better goal/assist per minute ratio  than kuyt and Kuyt has the worst passing success rate ratio in the whole team.

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2191 on: January 18, 2011, 12:41:54 pm »
Yeah much prefer Dirk getting down the wing, running out of ideas, turning and then passing backwards. Stop living off Dirks 2008/09 season.

Offline penga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2192 on: January 18, 2011, 12:45:04 pm »
Yeah much prefer Dirk getting down the wing, running out of ideas, turning and then passing backwards. Stop living off Dirks 2008/09 season.
and even failing to do that properly...

except in 1 in 10 games

Offline SkinHimHesShite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2193 on: January 18, 2011, 12:45:06 pm »
he only runs at 3 players in the 89th minute because your mate has been running the ball towards our own goal for the last 88.

Offline SkinHimHesShite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2194 on: January 18, 2011, 12:49:45 pm »
IMO, Ryan Babel the striker wont be missed, and this is an important thing because he thinks he can play central striker, which I don't think he can.

What is a shame though, is he could have been something as a Right Winger, so I'm inclined to agree that he wont be missed in the respect that he thinks he's a striker. IMO, he has all the attributes to be a great RW.

Agree. he shot himself in the foot insisting he was a striker- im certain he is scared of being a midfielder because he doesnt want defensive responsibilities, which is bloody embarassing for a professional footballer to shy away from responsibility. As a CF, he's pretty shit at anything other than running with the ball.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2195 on: January 18, 2011, 01:03:45 pm »

Well you stil think he should be in the starting 11 then, which he should not be. Not ahead of a young player with potential and who offers something different in Babel or Pacheco. Oh and you call Babel a donkey? Ive seen donkeys with a better touch than Kuyt!

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2196 on: January 18, 2011, 01:07:29 pm »
Neither Babel nor Kuyt are good enough to be starting week in week out.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2197 on: January 18, 2011, 01:10:25 pm »
Neither Babel nor Kuyt are good enough to be starting week in week out.

Well seeing as they are two of our limited wide choices, they should be rotated regularly rather than Dirk starting every game and Babel starting once every 3 months. Hasnt started since that Villa game, but bollocks really.

Offline amir87

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2198 on: January 18, 2011, 01:13:29 pm »
Well seeing as they are two of our limited wide choices, they should be rotated regularly rather than Dirk starting every game and Babel starting once every 3 months. Hasnt started since that Villa game, but bollocks really.

I would agree with that but it's not going to happen. We all know that now.

Babel will most likely be sold/loaned out and Kuyt will hopefully be demoted to the bench as his performances this season haven't been good enough.

Offline dioufythebrave

• but Dim.
  • Kopite
« Reply #2199 on: January 18, 2011, 02:12:57 pm »
Why, because he is thick? Or was the Webb incident and the previous Twitter outburst the sign of a deeply intelligent man? He hasn't got any sense or brains on or off the field. He doesn't know when to cross, when to shoot, when to go wide, when to cut in, when to hold up play, where his fellow players want to receive a pass... hence the standard run at three players, twat it at the corner flag in the 89th minute routine he invariably provides.

if your willing to see kuyt playing ever game, providing the "safe option" of breaking down attacks, but running back to try win it back, and repeating this process, with no attacking threat, thats fine
but ohhhhhhhh why would you want babel, who never tracks back, or closes down or never provides an assist, or cant find a team mate with a pass, its a myth mate, there is a reason we have been shit, the last 18 months or so, and im not saying its all kuyt, but its because we have a lack of flair, we had players like alonso, to provide a bit of impetus, but now its all workman like, imo we need someone like babel to make teams a little bit afraid of us again...
if you wanna be the best you gotta beat the best

I'll make two predictions of this...Carroll won't score 3 PL goals total for the rest of the year and we won't score 5 against any team all year.  We might still get CL football without either happening.