Author Topic: Babel: I'm not finished here  (Read 149820 times)

Offline alett

• down.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The world is everything that is the case.
Re: Babel: I'm not finished here
« Reply #2080 on: January 17, 2011, 05:18:42 pm »
Madness. What a fucking joke.
http://dontbuythesun.co.uk

@Andrew_Heaton
Twitter - Serious Business

Offline plasterered

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a....
« Reply #2081 on: January 17, 2011, 05:21:28 pm »
its a joke how the F.A. protect ref's of late, its total overkill.  over anything from a bad decision or upholding their reputations they seem to go way over the top. gives them a sense of power and allows them to have an influence. the ref should be seen and not heard unless it is neccessary. and when they cock up they should be brought in front of the cameras on sky also to explain the decisions they get wrong

Offline montysmum

• Was brought up in an entirely queg-free area.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2082 on: January 17, 2011, 05:21:46 pm »
that really is...
will rooney get anything for calling the ref a fucking c*nt, or rafael for telling the ref to fuck off uesterday?
doubt it

Exactly.

The FA are being so stupid over this.  A slap on the wrist would have been sufficient = after all he didnt do the photo himself and apologised afterwards.

They really need to get their priorities sorted out - and this sort of thing isnt one of them.
"If the supporters love me, then it's only half as much as I love them." - Kenny Dalglish. Liverpool Manager

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2083 on: January 17, 2011, 05:22:50 pm »
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11959_6330649,00.html
FK Rabotnicki have landed a €10,000 (£8,000) fine following the racist abuse aimed at Liverpool's players during Europa League action last month.

Ryan Babel get's £10k for saying the truth?
psn = Lents123

Offline redrockydennis

• Annie Wilkes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • gonna paint me jarg wheelie bin purple
« Reply #2084 on: January 17, 2011, 05:22:54 pm »
the FA are a joke.
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes,
of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

Offline StuH

• Legacy Fan
  • Dalglish's marching army!
« Reply #2085 on: January 17, 2011, 05:23:06 pm »
RyanBabel 12 Minutes Ago
The FA are a bunch of cnuts who suck the cock of the baconface.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>...

Didn't happen but wouldn't blame him if he did! Maybe they can just fine him again? At least it would publicise his comments!! I'd be tempted to be honest if i was him and lets face it, he's as mad as a box of frogs.

Tell you though, must be the most expensive retweet in history... as long as you don't count people doing it while 'roaming' on their mobiles.... they probably cost more :D
He's a manipulative bastard. Another deliberate attempt to put pressure on people in the game, which he thinks he'll get away with because of his "standing" in the game and his fucking knighthood.

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #2086 on: January 17, 2011, 05:24:07 pm »
I was talking with someone recently, and we were discussing the corruption and favouritism that is in the FA. Lets face it, the FA wont change, unless the sponsors get fed up with it.

But when the sponsors are a bank, an energy company, and others such as McNasty's, morals are in short supply

Offline redoneusa

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2087 on: January 17, 2011, 05:26:29 pm »
Ryan's fine is a disgrace. With everything thats been said over the last few months and been done, makes a total mockery of the FA.

Some common sense should of been applied here, a quite word and job done. Who is going to fine that Blackpool defender for the hand ball? Or the ref who should of pulled up play when Kelly went down badly?

Total usual FA bollocks.
You will find me on Twatter: Follow my Twatter

Offline plasterered

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a....
« Reply #2088 on: January 17, 2011, 05:30:30 pm »
I aint surprised what happened to babel. the F.A sat round in their starched collars acting like some high council. they are way out of touch with football and the paying fan and what fans want. footy is for the supporters and when they wake up and realise the better

Offline zaphriel

• Main Stander
« Reply #2089 on: January 17, 2011, 05:32:41 pm »
I think the paypal account is a good idea. Two grand more for posting a pic rather than racism takes the piss.

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #2090 on: January 17, 2011, 05:51:03 pm »
Rafael is gonna be poor with his fine. He has been charged for his reaction to being sent off. Got to be worse than a retweet.

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2091 on: January 17, 2011, 05:59:42 pm »
Bullshit that what this decision is, he only spoke the truth. Had the referees been upto a better standard this sort of stuff wouldn't happen.

Offline Elm0

• Main Stander
    • New Liverpool Blog:
« Reply #2092 on: January 17, 2011, 06:26:18 pm »
Seems hes been fined then. Commented on this in my blog (link here) Cant really criticise the decision in its own right, because such criticism of referees never goes down well with referees. Consistency is a problem however, and the FA need more of it. PLus theyre going to find it very hard to be consistent with twitter. Can of worms indeed.

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2093 on: January 17, 2011, 06:28:26 pm »
It struck a nerve because it's true...at least he has the money to pay for it.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2094 on: January 17, 2011, 06:29:30 pm »
FA is a joke...idiots.

Offline USC19Babel

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2095 on: January 17, 2011, 06:29:43 pm »
I was talking with someone recently, and we were discussing the corruption and favouritism that is in the FA. Lets face it, the FA wont change, unless the sponsors get fed up with it.

But when the sponsors are a bank, an energy company, and others such as McNasty's, morals are in short supply

This pretty much sums it up—it's all about money, and I don't expect it to change any time soon.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2096 on: January 17, 2011, 06:31:22 pm »
The FA has to uphold the integrity of it's officials (whether we agree or not). They had to fine him. He can afford it.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline SRAWL

• 'Spicegirls Rule All! Wooooh! Lulz.'
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2097 on: January 17, 2011, 06:31:32 pm »
Rafael was charged for improper conduct too btw (says Oliver Kay). I doubt he would have been if the Babel incident wasn't publicised so much, now they can say "But we do charge man utd players...look at rafael"...
"We can win 4-0 but I want to win by eight. I don't like to lose. I never accept defeat". Luis Suarez

robbie9fowler robbie fowler
If these qualify now I'm gonna do the moonwalk bollocko from Liverpool to London blindfolded

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2098 on: January 17, 2011, 06:32:50 pm »
If he, or they, had some integrity, I could agree with them upholding it.  The numbers don't lie when Webb is reffing united matches...

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #2099 on: January 17, 2011, 06:40:18 pm »
So, Mascherano was given a further two game ban for his reaction to being sent off at the toilet in our game with them. Rafael has just been charged with the same, so let's wait and see what happens to him.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #2100 on: January 17, 2011, 07:07:30 pm »
The FA has to uphold the integrity of it's officials (whether we agree or not).

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

Offline brussels sprout

• Fucking Beaut.
  • Kopite
« Reply #2101 on: January 17, 2011, 07:54:39 pm »
Shall we get a paypal account set up for him? I'll bangi n a quid
He can afford it no doubt. But if someone asked me, along with another 39999 people at anfield to pay £0.25 to pay babels fine i'd be all over it. Contact ssn to cover the delivery of buckets full of two bobs at the Fa hq.
A bastion of invincibility

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2102 on: January 17, 2011, 08:35:18 pm »
should start against wolves imo, give the lad a chance under kenny

Offline cashmere pringle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2103 on: January 17, 2011, 09:15:37 pm »
how much does he make a week ?

Offline Vidocq

• chronologically challenged LFC historian
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize
« Reply #2104 on: January 17, 2011, 09:17:00 pm »
no respect for FA
"During those days I understood more than ever what 'You'll Never Walk Alone' means."  Luis Suarez

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2105 on: January 17, 2011, 09:18:27 pm »
He'll probably start on Saturday, and maybe Pacheco will too.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #2106 on: January 17, 2011, 09:22:11 pm »
As someone floated a while ago I wish he'd challenge this legally

Can someone fill in for me under what authority the FA can do this?

Presumably its always been the case that the FA has dominion over the players conduct if they want to play in FA competitions
However I'm guessing it's never been challenged and it can't possibly be right that they can govern what players say or do or think or write away from the pitch
Surely if it was challenged under European law it would be over turned

Offline Shanks1965

• SOS member 981
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 96 friends who we all miss...
« Reply #2107 on: January 17, 2011, 09:24:23 pm »
should start against wolves imo, give the lad a chance under kenny
How many chances do you think he deserves?
Seen more titles than he can remember...

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #2108 on: January 17, 2011, 09:29:36 pm »
I think if he's not onvolved on the weekend, i think he could be on his way

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2109 on: January 17, 2011, 10:52:12 pm »
How many chances do you think he deserves?
He's hardly had an opportunity in the last 2 years though really. Yes he is frustrating and then some but he scored at the start of the season and was taken off at half time. Scored v Villa and hasn't started since despite being lively as a sub and the team stinking the house out.

Even if we planned to sell him we should have played him just to get the interest up.

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #2110 on: January 17, 2011, 11:16:20 pm »
he should put his £10k in 1p coin and place them in front of the FA HQ in a bucket with manchester united logo on it
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline ALANM

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2111 on: January 17, 2011, 11:21:02 pm »
I was surprised he didn't get the last 15 minutes or so yesterday. Kuyt looked dead on his feet towards the end, and Babel's pace (not one of Kuyt's major attributes) might just have made a difference. I know he's frustrated on so many occassions, but is he realy inferior to Stewart Downing?

Offline Drake31

• Legacy Fan
  • all hail king kenny
« Reply #2112 on: January 17, 2011, 11:22:14 pm »
he should put his £10k in 1p coin and place them in front of the FA HQ in a bucket with manchester united logo on it
;D lol
"IF YOU CAN'T SUPPORT US WHEN WE LOSE OR DRAW, DON'T SUPPORT US WHEN WE WIN!" Heed this advice or get the fuck off our forum.

Offline Wesley Pipes

• Legacy Fan
  • PSN: WesleyP1pes
« Reply #2113 on: January 17, 2011, 11:30:02 pm »
We have ruined this lads career.

Really really sad and as a player with potential I would think twice about coming to LFC.

Offline Cadno

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2114 on: January 17, 2011, 11:33:16 pm »
He's hardly had an opportunity in the last 2 years though really. Yes he is frustrating and then some but he scored at the start of the season and was taken off at half time. Scored v Villa and hasn't started since despite being lively as a sub and the team stinking the house out.

Even if we planned to sell him we should have played him just to get the interest up.
If he I's not good enough he is not good enough.  All his managers have not seemed to rate him and we have not had clubs banging on our door to take him off our hands either.   For me it says a lot about the player that he cannot even get into our team as it its now.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"  - Albert Einstein

Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain(Was talking about H&G)

"When you can't walk, you crawl. When you can't crawl, you get a friend to carry you" - Firefly

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2115 on: January 17, 2011, 11:36:45 pm »
If he I's not good enough he is not good enough.  All his managers have not seemed to rate him and we have not had clubs banging on our door to take him off our hands either.   For me it says a lot about the player that he cannot even get into our team as it its now.
I'm sure he's not perfect but I'd prefer him over Ngog for example who got about 15-20 starts this year. Babel had about 4 and scored twice.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2116 on: January 17, 2011, 11:39:44 pm »

One of those managers was Roy Hodgson though.

Im a HUGE fan of Rafa but his treatment of Babel is one of the things I have to question him on. The fact that he was never given a run of games is pretty damning. I fully expect that if he had a run of 3 starts in a row we'd see a different player at the end of it. Yes he's prone to running in to trouble on occasion, yes he has suspect decision making at times, but these are exactly the sort of things game time combats. Its a shame for him. I cant write him off simply because he hasnt had the chance to one way or another show he's definately not good enough, or that he could be. And thats why the debate rages on.

Offline Cadno

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2117 on: January 17, 2011, 11:41:32 pm »
I'm sure he's not perfect but I'd prefer him over Ngog for example who got about 15-20 starts this year. Babel had about 4 and scored twice.
But like I said his managers and I presume coaches who work with him day in day out do not share your opinion or we would have seen more of him
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"  - Albert Einstein

Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain(Was talking about H&G)

"When you can't walk, you crawl. When you can't crawl, you get a friend to carry you" - Firefly

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #2118 on: January 17, 2011, 11:42:58 pm »

Im a HUGE fan of Rafa but his treatment of Babel is one of the things I have to question him on. The fact that he was never given a run of games is pretty damning. I fully expect that if he had a run of 3 starts in a row we'd see a different player at the end of it. Yes he's prone to running in to trouble on occasion, yes he has suspect decision making at times, but these are exactly the sort of things game time combats. Its a shame for him. I cant write him off simply because he hasnt had the chance to one way or another show he's definately not good enough, or that he could be. And thats why the debate rages on.

Hard to give anyone a starting spot if they did jack shite for 70 minutes when they are given an opportunity to start the week before. And then do that consistently whenever they are given a league start.

Europe aside, Babel has been poor whenever he has started a league match.
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline Cadno

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2119 on: January 17, 2011, 11:46:00 pm »

Your right that its pretty damning that he has never got a run of games but is that the managers fault or the player?  Roy as poor as he was, even in his desperation did not turn to Babel so I would tend to believe that there is a problem with the player.