Author Topic: Babel: I'm not finished here  (Read 149768 times)

Offline PaulMcC

• Kopite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Babel: I'm not finished here
« Reply #2040 on: January 13, 2011, 04:48:49 pm »
Heard he drove to the game last night. Must have missed the coach and that's probably why he wasn't in the squad.

Offline hallli#9

• Anny Roader
  • Drainage, Eli, you boy.
« Reply #2041 on: January 13, 2011, 04:51:59 pm »
So Rooney can mouth the words "12th man" (referring to the ref) to a television camera and only get a lame warning, but Babel criticizes the holy Howard Webb and he gets a fucking charge?

Bullshit is what this is.
Gerraaaaaard... IT'SGONEIN

Offline Chaztastic

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2042 on: January 13, 2011, 04:58:59 pm »
I hope he tweets during the hearing.

Offline Fuzion6

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2043 on: January 13, 2011, 05:11:20 pm »
Heard he drove to the game last night. Must have missed the coach and that's probably why he wasn't in the squad.
Where you hear that mate? At least he bothered driving down and attending the game if that was the case. Missing the game probably did him more good...

Offline PaulMcC

• Kopite
« Reply #2044 on: January 13, 2011, 05:13:57 pm »
Where you hear that mate? At least he bothered driving down and attending the game if that was the case. Missing the game probably did him more good...

Just from a mate who I think seen him drive in after the coach.

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #2045 on: January 13, 2011, 05:21:02 pm »
I hope Babel wins the case. Freedom of speech? Fuck off FA.
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2046 on: January 13, 2011, 10:34:54 pm »
Pretty unnacceptable if that is the case.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #2047 on: January 14, 2011, 02:08:44 am »
I hope he tweets during the hearing.

a pic of the FA panel in a manc shirt, that would be awesome. He should be working on it now....
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2048 on: January 14, 2011, 02:12:06 am »
Pretty unnacceptable if that is the case.
More unsubstantiated rumours
psn = Lents123

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2049 on: January 14, 2011, 02:14:37 am »
Fuck the FA...

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #2050 on: January 14, 2011, 02:15:27 am »
Fuck the FA...
Is right. I cannot believe that we're going to let him take this from the FA. It's pathetic on so many different levels...
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2051 on: January 14, 2011, 10:26:43 am »
Absolutely.

We'll see if he gets a start on Sunday. Unless he has really pissed Kenny off you'd have to think he'd get a go if only because he has fresh legs. We look so lacking in pace that I really can't understand why he hasn't had an opportunity.

Offline sattapaartridge

• Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #2052 on: January 14, 2011, 10:34:12 am »
Maxi and Babel IMO are our best options out wide, really hope Kenny and Babel hit it off. I cant see Kenny holding a grudge on some players, he'll put the team first over anything.

And the team is crying out for pace out wide.

Offline Fuzion6

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2053 on: January 14, 2011, 10:35:26 am »
Maybe, just maybe, Kenny was resting him for Everton...

Offline Cadno

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2054 on: January 14, 2011, 10:39:29 am »
Maybe, just maybe, Kenny was resting him for Everton...
Or mabye Kenny does not think he is good enough just like every manager he has had?  I suppose we will just have to wait untill sunday to see if he will start personnally I dont know why so many people are having a go at Jova on here to try and elevate Babel when Babel does not offer any more than Jova has but then we shall see if Kenny can get more out of him
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"  - Albert Einstein

Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain(Was talking about H&G)

"When you can't walk, you crawl. When you can't crawl, you get a friend to carry you" - Firefly

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2055 on: January 14, 2011, 10:42:58 am »
Babel, at Ajax, looked like he was the winger we were missing. Pacy, trickery and the ability to score. I reckon Kenny can get something out of Ryan. He's got the most potential as a winger at LFC.
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline sattapaartridge

• Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #2056 on: January 14, 2011, 10:47:35 am »
Babel, at Ajax, looked like he was the winger we were missing. Pacy, trickery and the ability to score. I reckon Kenny can get something out of Ryan. He's got the most potential as a winger at LFC.

Its not potential now mate, its ability. He has shown he has quality over the years, albeit not consistently, because he's not consistently started.

Offline bigbear

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2057 on: January 14, 2011, 10:48:01 am »
Is right. I cannot believe that we're going to let him take this from the FA. It's pathetic on so many different levels...
I just wish the club would release a series of clips via the media outlets/sky contacts of all the fuck ups Webb has done against us and where he has favoured Man United.

Maybe one of the more technically gifted on here could do it and it might be worth a thread itself. I'll start off with a few that stand out;

1. Dubious penalty FOR United AGAINST Liverpool FA Cup 2011 for dive by Berbatov.
2. Harsh red card AGAINST Liverpool captain in same game when yellow could have sufficed.
3. Dubious penalty FOR United AGAINST Liverpool for foul by Mascherano outside of area 2009-10.
4. Clear penalty not given for Liverpool v Arsenal at Anfield when Gallas dragged Gerrard down on penalty spot in 2009-10 season.
5. Clear penalty not given for Liverpool v Arsenal at Emirates when Fabregas stuck his hand up above his head in last minute.
6. Ridiculous penalty given FOR United v Spurs during title chase with Liverpool in 2008-9 at 2-0 down for alleged foul by Gomes on Carrick when the ball went back at an angle of more than 90 degrees from the contact.
7. Ridiculous penalty not given for Blackburn against United in 2008-9 season title chase with Liverpool when Rafael dragged Pedersen back around the neck with 5 minutes to go at 2-1 to United.

I am sure between us we can come up with an awful lot more but can you imagine a video run of these clips which had writing over "FOR UNITED" "AGAINST LIVERPOOL" or "BOTH".

It might start to get the message home to some of these referees and the FA.

Offline sattapaartridge

• Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #2058 on: January 14, 2011, 10:49:02 am »
Or mabye Kenny does not think he is good enough just like every manager he has had?  I suppose we will just have to wait untill sunday to see if he will start personnally I dont know why so many people are having a go at Jova on here to try and elevate Babel when Babel does not offer any more than Jova has but then we shall see if Kenny can get more out of him

Difference being, Babel is young and untested, while Jovanovic is an established experienced international at the age of 29? We should expect more, as we do from Joe Cole.

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2059 on: January 14, 2011, 10:53:49 am »
Its not potential now mate, its ability. He has shown he has quality over the years, albeit not consistently, because he's not consistently started.

Kenny to get this "ability" out then.  :wave
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline Fuzion6

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2060 on: January 14, 2011, 11:08:30 am »
If that's the case a bit odd Kenny bought him on after 55min against Man U...and he did well. Doubt Kenny would do that if he didn't rate him...Babel offers a lot more than Jova - thats ridiculous comment.

Offline Cadno

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2061 on: January 14, 2011, 11:40:33 am »
If that's the case a bit odd Kenny bought him on after 55min against Man U...and he did well. Doubt Kenny would do that if he didn't rate him...Babel offers a lot more than Jova - thats ridiculous comment.
He started Poulson against Blackpool. Does that mean Kenny rates him too?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"  - Albert Einstein

Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain(Was talking about H&G)

"When you can't walk, you crawl. When you can't crawl, you get a friend to carry you" - Firefly

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2062 on: January 14, 2011, 12:00:23 pm »
He started Poulson against Blackpool. Does that mean Kenny rates him too?

Yes. Because he did not have to play Poulsen on wednesday. He doesnt rate Konchesky as proved by the fact he played a 20 year old at right back and our right back at left back with Konchesky available.

Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2063 on: January 14, 2011, 12:05:16 pm »
Yes. Because he did not have to play Poulsen on wednesday. He doesnt rate Konchesky as proved by the fact he played a 20 year old at right back and our right back at left back with Konchesky available.

He didn't HAVE to play Poulsen.

Muhammad Ali

Offline Cadno

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2064 on: January 14, 2011, 12:06:38 pm »

Ahh so he rates Jovanvic higher than Babel then?

Offline PaulMcC

• Kopite
« Reply #2065 on: January 14, 2011, 04:05:04 pm »

Why would i make it up, though?

Offline SheffieldRed

• Anny Roader
  • Question.
« Reply #2066 on: January 14, 2011, 04:17:09 pm »
What about Ryan's reference to being "in Twitter jail". Is it possible that the jail reference was being dropped from the squad for the Blackpool game? to be honest I saw the quote from Ryan, but can't be sure if I've got the sequence right. The Twitter thing could have been after the Blackpool game....

I hope to see him in the starting 11 on Sunday.
twitter @stevebruce99

Not related to the ex Manc punchbag-faced gimp.

Offline iiFLAMBOYANTii

• Anny Roader
  • We murdered them 0-0! - Bill Shankly
« Reply #2067 on: January 14, 2011, 04:48:34 pm »
What about Ryan's reference to being "in Twitter jail". Is it possible that the jail reference was being dropped from the squad for the Blackpool game? to be honest I saw the quote from Ryan, but can't be sure if I've got the sequence right. The Twitter thing could have been after the Blackpool game....

I hope to see him in the starting 11 on Sunday.

Twitter jail is from an american cartoon series known as the boondocks, which babel constantly watches
I LOVE LFC! so add me on twitter @Jdilla19 ;)

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2068 on: January 14, 2011, 05:04:20 pm »
hope he features some part on sunday, could do with him banging one in

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #2069 on: January 17, 2011, 05:04:11 pm »
Fined £10,000.

Joke.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline Stigathedump

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #2070 on: January 17, 2011, 05:05:02 pm »
Fined £10,000.

Joke.

Shall we get a paypal account set up for him? I'll bangi n a quid

Offline Chaztastic

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2071 on: January 17, 2011, 05:05:31 pm »
The FA are an embarrassment to themselves and, more importantly, the game.

Clowns, every last one of them.

Offline plasterered

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a....
« Reply #2072 on: January 17, 2011, 05:06:02 pm »
that was quick that Dr its only just broke.

Steep that tho

Offline dioufythebrave

• but Dim.
  • Kopite
« Reply #2073 on: January 17, 2011, 05:06:08 pm »
Fined £10,000.

Joke.
that really is...
will rooney get anything for calling the ref a fucking c*nt, or rafael for telling the ref to fuck off uesterday?
doubt it
if you wanna be the best you gotta beat the best

I'll make two predictions of this...Carroll won't score 3 PL goals total for the rest of the year and we won't score 5 against any team all year.  We might still get CL football without either happening.

Offline Shabby

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2074 on: January 17, 2011, 05:06:22 pm »
That is some proper bollocks!!
£15m? It seems low, but what people have to remember is that the fee is irrelevant.

Offline plasterered

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a....
« Reply #2075 on: January 17, 2011, 05:06:44 pm »

Nah I recon he can afford it on the sly

Offline MonkeysOnIce

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2076 on: January 17, 2011, 05:13:06 pm »
that really is...
will rooney get anything for calling the ref a fucking c*nt, or rafael for telling the ref to fuck off uesterday?
doubt it

Or Walcott for admitting he dived?

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #2077 on: January 17, 2011, 05:14:40 pm »
what a joke this FA is....fined £10k because he has a sense of humour?!

racist abuses and assaults at football ground get less than that
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline geofferino

• Main Stander
« Reply #2078 on: January 17, 2011, 05:16:56 pm »

This isn't a bad idea. Obviously he can afford it, but it's more about the principle. Helping him pay makes it clear that we think the FA are a joke.

Offline PeterGriffin

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2079 on: January 17, 2011, 05:18:35 pm »
Piss Take - I think we should make a banner and fly it round the kop!!

FA - Fucking Arseholes!