Author Topic: Black Mirror Now on Netflix. Use spoiler tags.  (Read 59790 times)

Offline And Could He Play

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: BLACK MIRROR
« Reply #120 on: December 18, 2011, 10:02:56 pm »
Brilliant but very uncomfortable viewing.

my life would be over with shit like that.
www. ... .com      RAWK Clique Leader
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #121 on: December 18, 2011, 10:08:49 pm »

Offline Demandred

• Do not forsake me oh my darlin
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'll be waiting, with a gun & a pack of sandwiches
« Reply #122 on: December 18, 2011, 10:08:50 pm »
Well that was unrelentingly grim wasn't it?

Great tv all three, hadn't thought of the Ben Elton comparison until i read this thread but it's spot on.

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: December 18, 2011, 10:09:08 pm »
Very enjoyable again...wouldnt want on of those in my head...bad enough as I am,,,!

Watching the 2nd one with me partner who is an xfactor fan,,,should be interesting
bollocks

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #124 on: December 18, 2011, 10:35:11 pm »
Shame there was only 3 episodes, and that the last onee was only an hour.

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: December 18, 2011, 10:36:15 pm »
Shame there was only 3 episodes, and that the last onee was only an hour.

anywhere i can watch the other two mate?
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: December 18, 2011, 10:37:01 pm »
anywhere i can watch the other two mate?

4od will still have them on I'd imagine

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: December 18, 2011, 11:10:09 pm »
Yep

Heh, I couldn't. Harrowing to watch at times.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: December 18, 2011, 11:23:21 pm »
Repeats on tues night at 11pm,2nd one on this tues which Ive just watched again,,Compelling viewing,Just as good watching it for the 2nd time.Probably more tragic.
bollocks

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
BLACK MIRROR
« Reply #129 on: December 19, 2011, 01:45:57 am »
Thought the first two episodes were pretty shite to average, but that third one was brilliant altogether. Trippy as fuck.

Offline medley

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Garrincha
« Reply #130 on: December 19, 2011, 05:59:48 pm »
I need more! Argh
My mate is Sarah Harding's cousin from girls aloud, he looks a fair but like her which is a bit weird when i'm cracking one off over MTV like

Offline so kop end lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: December 19, 2011, 06:01:51 pm »
Why only three episodes  :(

No way would i want one of those things in my head  ;D

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
« Reply #132 on: December 19, 2011, 07:29:23 pm »
Thought the first two episodes were pretty shite to average, but that third one was brilliant altogether. Trippy as fuck.

I thought it was weakest out the three personally, but brilliant all the same
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: December 19, 2011, 07:30:33 pm »
I thought it was weakest out the three personally, but brilliant all the same

Same. Wasn't really any satire to it like in the first two.

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: December 19, 2011, 07:31:06 pm »
need to watch the first 2.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #135 on: December 19, 2011, 08:15:08 pm »
The closest thing we've got to a re-do gadget is our past posts. They're always getting people in trouble...  :P
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 09:20:58 pm by Fitzy. »

Offline OOT'erConnie

• ...but I'm alright Jack...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #136 on: December 19, 2011, 08:18:06 pm »
The closest thing we've got to a re-do gadget is our past posts. They're always getting people in trouble... :p

I think that's to do with a lot of it, but more Facebook related. The fact that a lot of things we do are broadcast and stored for all to see.

Offline ClaireW

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • "If I can't dance, it's not my revolution"
« Reply #137 on: December 19, 2011, 08:54:04 pm »
I enjoyed all three.

I thought last nights was excellent, closely followed by the first one.  The middle one was the weakest for me, but I still thought it was really good.

To use SMDs chosen word, I found it quite harrowing watching last night's episode.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #138 on: December 19, 2011, 11:08:31 pm »

I thought it was deeply satirical. It's about our modern obsession with replaying, analysing and re-analysing until we lose sight of what's important. The obvious example on this forum is the endless obsessive replaying of events during a match. Does it make the game any better? It just seems to make people more angry?

It's the myth that getting to the 'truth' is always for the best.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline RedSandgrounder

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: December 20, 2011, 05:51:37 am »
After watching this and to quell my Brooker fix I've downloaded all of Dead Set, if you have already seen it, it's well worth watching again, and if you haven't, well why not, why aren't you downloading it now? Go on, don't just sit there, go, do it.
PSN: DHitchers

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
« Reply #140 on: December 20, 2011, 06:07:43 am »
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
« Reply #141 on: December 20, 2011, 06:13:34 am »
Harrison Kees @FatHarryKees

@charltonbrooker why "black mirror" as the title? #BMQA

A plasma screen, when switched off, resembles a black mirror, as does an iPhone.

Haha, there was me thinking it was to do with dark reflection of modern life. Funny how different people interpret stuff isn't it :) not quite as intentionally deep and thought provoking a title as thought.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
« Reply #142 on: December 20, 2011, 06:15:48 am »
Jordan Hicks @MightyJordan

@charltonbrooker Did you originally plan to create more than three episodes? #BMQA

Yes. There are more ideas in storage. There’s an entire finished script for one episode called ‘Inbound’ that we didn’t make, which would’ve made National Anthem look like an upbeat knockabout comedy. The National Anthem was actually written to replace that episode in fact. Be nice to make ‘Inbound’ at some point, though there are also other ideas.

;D

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #143 on: December 20, 2011, 05:24:09 pm »
I thought it was deeply satirical. It's about our modern obsession with replaying, analysing and re-analysing until we lose sight of what's important. The obvious example on this forum is the endless obsessive replaying of events during a match. Does it make the game any better? It just seems to make people more angry?

It's also possibly a comment on the fact that our lives and thoughts are increasingly recorded in various ways beit on Facebook, video phones, digital cameras, CCTV, Twitter, emails, your hard drive, RAWK, etc. You can essentially track what you were doing this time 4 years ago by refering to some kind of digital media or other.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #144 on: December 20, 2011, 05:30:14 pm »
It's also possibly a comment on the fact that our lives and thoughts are increasingly recorded in various ways be it on Facebook, video phones, digital cameras, CCTV, Twitter, emails, your hard drive, RAWK, etc. You can essentially track what you were doing this time 4 years ago by refering to some kind of digital media or other.

True - but I thought the main thrust of the story was Liam's destruction of his life through his obsessive redo-ing.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: December 20, 2011, 05:40:25 pm »
It's also possibly a comment on the fact that our lives and thoughts are increasingly recorded in various ways beit on Facebook, video phones, digital cameras, CCTV, Twitter, emails, your hard drive, RAWK, etc. You can essentially track what you were doing this time 4 years ago by refering to some kind of digital media or other.

True - but I thought the main thrust of the story was Liam's destruction of his life through his obsessive redo-ing.

Yeah, I agree. The programme hinted at the wider connotations of the technology but the main plot centred around Liam. In a way, it's acknowledging what most people complain about regarding the permanence and persistence of digital and online history but not many people consider the notion that on a personal level, it's neither healthy nor conducive to a better life.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline Joseph-Immanuel Queen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: December 21, 2011, 02:24:55 pm »

Satire's when there's animals.

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Black Mirror
« Reply #147 on: December 21, 2011, 06:18:12 pm »
Just finished watching the third one on 4OD. Fantastic viewing, all of them. Hopefully that wasn't the last of them.

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: December 21, 2011, 10:52:09 pm »

Given his replaying, analysing and re-analysing was fully justified, I don't know whether I can agree with that statement.

Regardless... it was compelling.

Black Mirror and This Is England 88 in close proximity. C4 are spoiling us.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
« Reply #149 on: December 22, 2011, 04:55:26 am »
Given his replaying, analysing and re-analysing was fully justified, I don't know whether I can agree with that statement.

It may have been justified but sometimes ignorance is bliss. She obviously loved him and ended up losing her.

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: December 22, 2011, 10:56:11 am »

That's the point.

He was obsessed with knowing. He had to know to the point of watching it. He wanted to be sure the child was his as well as merely putting the both of them through agony.

What did he gain?

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: December 22, 2011, 02:09:44 pm »
Nice idea, good ending after a decent episode 3. I felt sorry for the lady whereas Liam seemed to be someone who would always have had a jealousy issue, found it very hard to sympathise with him as the episode went on. Didn't find the idea came across as well as perhaps should have done.

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: December 22, 2011, 07:18:11 pm »
where can i find torrents of this?

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: December 22, 2011, 08:23:29 pm »
You looking to download or just watch? Cos it's on 4oD. Otherwise try isohunt?

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: December 22, 2011, 08:25:09 pm »
That's the point.

He was obsessed with knowing. He had to know to the point of watching it. He wanted to be sure the child was his as well as merely putting the both of them through agony.

What did he gain?

i'd have done the same, great bit of tv that.

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: December 22, 2011, 08:25:27 pm »
You looking to download or just watch? Cos it's on 4oD. Otherwise try isohunt?

why cant i get 4od?

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: December 22, 2011, 08:26:30 pm »
downloading it from isohunt now, there was one on kickasstorrents but it was a different one.

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: December 22, 2011, 08:32:54 pm »
why cant i get 4od?

I don't know, why can't you get 4oD?

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: December 22, 2011, 08:34:20 pm »
do i have to watch it online?

downloading the torrents now anyway like.

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: December 22, 2011, 08:43:09 pm »
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/4od

Works on your laptop, Xbox, PS3, iPhone, iPad and if you've got a TV that has the internet, that too.