Author Topic: Where does the 917 bus go from back to City Centre after full time?  (Read 508 times)

Offline Dan The Man 28373

• Legacy Fan
  • We Always win in Rome!!
Got a train I need to catch from Lime St @ 2220 tonight, what's my best way of making it back in time, without a taxi? (I'm Billy No Mates so can't share a taxi!!).

I normally walk back to the City Centre in around 45mins but might be peeing down. Otherwise I walk down Walton Breck Road & take a 14 back to the centre.

I've not used the 917 for ages, obviously see it when I'm walking back. Where does it go from after the game?

Offline Smudge 2.0

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Where does the 917 bus go from back to City Centre after full time?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2024, 01:16:20 pm »
Usually outside Stanley Park. If I was you i'd start walking and jump on any normal bus going past.

Offline upthereds1993

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2024, 01:22:09 pm »
Got a train I need to catch from Lime St @ 2220 tonight, what's my best way of making it back in time, without a taxi? (I'm Billy No Mates so can't share a taxi!!).

I normally walk back to the City Centre in around 45mins but might be peeing down. Otherwise I walk down Walton Breck Road & take a 14 back to the centre.

I've not used the 917 for ages, obviously see it when I'm walking back. Where does it go from after the game?

I get the 917 to most games but never really get it home due to the queues. Picks up near St George's Hall opposite the Regenda Building. If it drops off at the same place then it's literally no more than a two minute walk to Lime St. The only other place I can imagine it may drop off would be Queens Sq bus station, which is a little bit further down but still no more than two minutes from Lime St

Online 1964allezallezallez

• Main Stander
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2024, 01:25:21 pm »
Taxi One do a pre booked minibus service for £2, not sure if it’s too late for tonight’s match. Message them on WhatsApp 07939 076842

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2024, 01:30:29 pm »

Walk down WBR and turm right at the bottom, the busses are right there.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline LFCStuart

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2024, 01:49:06 pm »
Depending on when the game actually finishes you would probably struggle to get to Lime Street for 22:20 if you go for the 917. The only time I’ve used it to go back after a game was on NYD this year and that was because I was staying over and I wasn’t in a hurry (it was raining right enough but I’ve walked back often enough and got soaked as it’s quicker than waiting and then getting back by bus). I left the ground at 22:00 that night and didn’t get to the bus drop off opposite the Empire Theatre until 22:50. I was at the queue at 22:15. Difficult to advise but I wouldn’t be going for the 917 especially if the match finishes nearer to 21:30.

Offline mattyyt

• Anny Roader
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2024, 02:01:39 pm »
 The queues after full time are awful, and have only gotten worse since the capacity increased - really wouldn’t risk getting stuck in that

Offline upthereds1993

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2024, 02:04:09 pm »
Depending on when the game actually finishes you would probably struggle to get to Lime Street for 22:20 if you go for the 917. The only time I’ve used it to go back after a game was on NYD this year and that was because I was staying over and I wasn’t in a hurry (it was raining right enough but I’ve walked back often enough and got soaked as it’s quicker than waiting and then getting back by bus). I left the ground at 22:00 that night and didn’t get to the bus drop off opposite the Empire Theatre until 22:50. I was at the queue at 22:15. Difficult to advise but I wouldn’t be going for the 917 especially if the match finishes nearer to 21:30.

I find getting the bus from West Derby Rd the easiest way of getting back into town after a game. About 15 minutes walk from the ground and you can jump on any bus (12, 13, 15, 18 etc) which will get you to Lime St or Queen Square in about 10-15 minutes. Hardly any queues and the traffic is nowhere near as bad as it is getting back into town via Everton / Great Homer St.

Probably 35-40 minutes all in all
« Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 02:05:42 pm by upthereds1993 »

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2024, 02:16:20 pm »
Bookmarked

Spoiler
Ignore this Im just making this thread easy to find in the search function
[close]
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.