Author Topic: Lawrenson: Empty seats prove Roy Hodgson and Liverpool FC relationship doomed  (Read 13276 times)

Offline Umbarto

• of the Red Dojo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
10000 down, what sort of loss is that to the club money wise ?

£400,000 - £450,000 just on ticket sales/fees I'd imagine.  Throw in food and programmes, make it a cool half million.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
I always go on hols over Xmas and for the first time ever couldn't shift the ST on for the two homes over the period.  Ended up giving it to a mate who's not really into footie in a big way.  After the Wolves game I feared he'd never speak to me again.

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
£400,000 - £450,000 just on ticket sales/fees I'd imagine.  Throw in food and programmes, make it a cool half million.

Paying the 3 million compensation looks better with each passing game.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline TrueNorthRED

• Kopite
10000 down, what sort of loss is that to the club money wise ?

I was on the Anfield tour and our guide told us that 20,000 turned away each game (not able to get tickets on-site, online or via phone) can translate in to 1 million lost in revenue per game?!
"He plays as any supporter would if they were born with such demonic talent."

Offline dewisaint

• Anny Roader
Can't say but if I had to put a figure with ticket sales, mechandise, food & Drink etc, I'd say £500k there or thereabouts

FFS that could be 4-5 mill by the end of the season. Pay him off NOW
sos member 7127       http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.htm

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
Can't say but if I had to put a figure with ticket sales, mechandise, food & Drink etc, I'd say £500k there or thereabouts

It's not just matchday revenue though is it, a lot of our sponsorship deals may depend on 'full houses' and progression in cup competitions for bonuses to kick in.
Roy it seems, can't deliver either.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
If I was Dalglish I'd say get Blackpool away out of the way first - and get him in just in time for the Derby at Anfield.

Dalglish needs to be in place for the FAcup I reckon, or as you say, the derby.
We need maximum impact.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
So on that basis he's costing FSG a million and a half a month (three home games upcoming each month till March) on top of his salary?

Offline lfc ant

• Main Stander
  • The Future Is Bright- the future is Liverpool!
 :o   Jumping on the bandwagon now! ,isn't he.    He wanted Roy in the first place!

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
I'm living in hope that he'll be gone by the derby.

We can pray

Taxi for roy  :wave

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
So on that basis he's costing FSG a million and a half a month (three home games upcoming each month till March) on top of his salary?

We should have signed Hodgson when Hicks and Gillett still had their claws in us.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline Dubit10

• Legacy Fan
Do one Lawrenson. Jumping on the bandwagon only a few weeks after backing the clown. :wanker
Robbie Fowler is God

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
It's not just matchday revenue though is it, a lot of our sponsorship deals may depend on 'full houses' and progression in cup competitions for bonuses to kick in.
Roy it seems, can't deliver either.

Exactly

That's what I said in my first post on the subject mate

Offline MassDriver

• Custom Tit... Shithouse lover... Politically correct and metrosexual cave dweller.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta la victoria siempre
I doubt the financial impact of 10000 odd tickets is going to dent the balance sheets too much, especially for a couple of games.The real moolah is in the merchandise and television , although ticket sales do contribute significantly.

If ticket sales were that critical to revenue, we would have seen quite a few Italian and Spanish clubs declaring bankruptcy , seeing all those empty seats on TV on match days.

I am not sure about the breakdown of our gross income and the contribution of ticket sales into it though. Anyone more educated on the issue care to shed some light on it?
« Last Edit: January 4, 2011, 12:45:43 pm by MassDriver »
You will never walk alone , Shanklyboy. RIP.

I am the Eye in the Sky, looking at you, I can read your mind. I am the maker of rules, dealing with fools, I can cheat you blind. Looking at you, I can read your mind

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I doubt the financial impact of a 10000 odd tickets is going to dent the balance sheets too much, especially for a couple of games.The real moolah is in the merchandise and television , although ticket sales do contribute significantly.

If ticket sales were that critical to revenue, we would have seen quite a few Italian and Spanish clubs declaring bankruptcy , seeing all those empty seats on TV on match days.

I am not sure about the breakdown of our gross income and the contribution of ticket sales into it though. Anyone more educated on the issue care to shed some light on it?

Nobody is saying it's just about ticket sales

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
I doubt the financial impact of a 10000 odd tickets is going to dent the balance sheets too much, especially for a couple of games.The real moolah is in the merchandise and television , although ticket sales do contribute significantly.

If it continues then £25M is a lot of money in anyones books.

Won't surprise me to see lower and lower gates.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline MassDriver

• Custom Tit... Shithouse lover... Politically correct and metrosexual cave dweller.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta la victoria siempre
If it continues then £25M is a lot of money in anyones books.

Won't surprise me to see lower and lower gates.

Definitely , if £25M is an accurate figure. In any case , it is too early to say if it is a definite trend or just an anomaly owing to rise in ticket prices , the economy and the holiday season.

If it continues like this , there is a definite cause for worry. I am sure NESV have taken note of this , they are sound businessmen after all.
You will never walk alone , Shanklyboy. RIP.

I am the Eye in the Sky, looking at you, I can read your mind. I am the maker of rules, dealing with fools, I can cheat you blind. Looking at you, I can read your mind

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
Paying the 3 million compensation looks better with each passing game.

It would do if we knew what a passing game was

Offline redtiler

• Main Stander
Exactly

That's what I said in my first post on the subject mate
Plus the fact, isnt the standard chartered sponsorship performance related as well ?

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Plus the fact, isnt the standard chartered sponsorship performance related as well ?

That's a good question and I'd imagine the answer to be Yes...I wouldn't be surprised if there were a number of KPI's with one of them being Champions League Qualification

Offline Pip

• Legacy Fan
    • Footy Blog
At least proves that I still cant stand this clown even when he writes sense.

Offline kopite77

• Legacy Fan
  • In Jurgen we trust!
lawrenson talks sense shocker
Even a stopped clock is right twice a day, Lawro is a media whore and just goes with the populist view at the time, he is still the same manc loving bellend he's always been! >:(
HARRY HARRIS, MARK LAWRENSON, JOSE MOURIHNO,PETER KENYON, ROMAN ABRAMOVICH, ALAN HANSEN, YOU GUY'S TOOK ONE HELL OF A BEATING

AND Mr KENWRIGHT YOU CAN STICK YOUR FUCKING GROUNDSHARE UP YOUR ARSE!

Hicks and Gillett, Game Over, thanks for Fuck All Fuckfaces, Internet Terrorist and Proud!

Offline JD77

• Main Stander
    • LFC Reds

Apparently 4000 ST holders didn't turn up, not sure on top of that how many ticket holders didn't go.  But you are looking at approx 40,000 tickets sold.  So probably more like a £200,000 loss on actual sales.

Offline Farman

• Heading off for a fruit based orgy
  • Legacy Fan
4000 ST holders not turning up is in itself even more remarkable. 15% of people - hardcore, dedicated Reds - who had actually already paid for tickets - chose not to turn up for what was effectively a free game. One that was scheduled, not re-arranged, a league game, at 3pm on a Saturday. Amazing really.
The eternal silence of these infinite spaces frightens me

Offline petrichor

• Kopite
roy has yet to get the team in his own image

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
Methinks Lawro is now raiding RAWK for his veiwpoint and stories!!   

Why not most of the others do too
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
roy has yet to get the team in his own image

Yes. We're not quite Fulham at the moment. But if Roy stays much longer, I'm sure he can achieve 25112 as an average attendance.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
Fuck off, Lawro. You burnt that bridge long ago.

Offline Michaelanscombe

• Anny Roader
There are still tickets for sale on the website for the DERBY  :o
Suarez is not a Racist

Offline coct3au

• twins with arsefinger
  • Kopite
Lawrenson taking his usual seat on the bandwagon once the numbers on it are significant enough.

Surely not!!

Lawro, July 2010:
Liverpool were in a mess last season in so many different ways. So this makes a lot of sense because they haven't got a lot of money - and Roy's been around the block.

When Rafa left it was very much the remit from the board that they wanted an English manager. Roy fits the bill extremely well.

For me, it's a very sensible appointment and, like all managers at Liverpool, he will be given time to get things right.

Lawro, September 2010:
Apparently Roy Hodgson is under pressure – I’ve never heard so much baloney in my life. Let’s just let him deal with it.

Lawro, October 2010:
Roy Hodgson has already had to rubbish some rumours that he might soon be out of a job but I don’t know how these things start.

It seems that somebody just posts a message on the Internet and the whole story just snowballs.

Liverpool’s new owners don’t strike me as the kind of men who will have just said to Roy: “You’ve just got the Blackburn and Bolton games to turn things around.’

Looking at the table now, Liverpool could win at Bolton and move into the top half.

Lawro, November 2010:
It’s the Liverpool FC players who need a rocket – not the manager

Where do Liverpool go from here?

One course of action I can’t support is changing the manager.

Roy Hodgson got no credit whatsoever for winning at Bolton and seeing off Chelsea, yet when results go the other way it’s all his fault? I’m not having that.

Lawro, December 2010:
It’s taken a bit of time but it seems that Roy Hodgson’s message is getting through and all his work on the training ground is starting to pay off.

Lawro, January 2011:
The game changing direction was more due to the influence of Steven Gerrard than anything the manager said at half-time.

The lack of ideas Liverpool emerged with for the second half with in the Wolves game exposed some of Hodgson’s limitations, both in changing personnel, tactics and attitude of players.

All in all, the appointment just hasn’t worked.

What happens next is for the owners to decide but I will be amazed if there’s no action at some point.

One of the biggest things that counted against Hicks and Gillett was that they didn’t get on the same wavelength as the fans. Unfortunately for Hodgson, I can’t see John W Henry making the same mistake.

Offline IAN_ina_RUSH

• Main Stander
  • Gray - At 3-0 this is over...embarrasing!!
fair enough wite up, but hes still a cock
...sucker if the rumours are to be believed!

Offline AllyouneedisRush

• One leg, musical nostrils, itchy crotch. Is actually Louis Walsh.
  • Legacy Fan
the 10000 that didn't turn up were not all down to Hodgeson... I'm not backing Roy as I want him out, but the empty seats were down to more than one reason...
Justice 97 - YNWA

Offline AllyouneedisRush

• One leg, musical nostrils, itchy crotch. Is actually Louis Walsh.
  • Legacy Fan
Fuck off, Lawro. You burnt that bridge long ago.

this...
Justice 97 - YNWA

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
Looks like all the Blackburn away tickets haven't been sold.

Tickets are still available in person at the ticket office or on 0844 170 5555. Please be advised that tickets for Blackburn Rovers v Liverpool will be available to purchase at Ewood Park tomorrow. Tickets will be available from 6pm and any Liverpool supporter wishing to purchase tickets can do so by going to the Away End Ticket Office which is located at the Darwen End of the ground.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline kermit^^

• Anny Roader
Hope he's proud of himself in his effort to oust the decent previous manager that we have.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
Looks like all the Blackburn away tickets haven't been sold.

Tickets are still available in person at the ticket office or on 0844 170 5555. Please be advised that tickets for Blackburn Rovers v Liverpool will be available to purchase at Ewood Park tomorrow. Tickets will be available from 6pm and any Liverpool supporter wishing to purchase tickets can do so by going to the Away End Ticket Office which is located at the Darwen End of the ground.

Wow. I know it's midweek but I don't remember ever being able to buy a ticket for an away game at the turnstile.

Offline Visigoth33

• Legacy Fan
always has something to say about our managers doesn't he?Only kenny can shut him up for good if he gets the job.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
Was talking about this the other day and whilst the Wolves game was the final nail in the coffin, this would have been the final nail in the coffin for the board, particularly someone like Ian Ayre. It's not only the ticket sales but the club shop sales, programmes, pie and pints etc etc. Not to mention how much it'll be pissing our Commerical Partners off

He is a goner

100% agree, I get the feeling that it will be this factor, and scarily not necessarily the on-pitch performances, that will ultimately cost Roy his job. The kind of people who invest in organisations like FSG expect a return on their cash, so to see it effectively being flushed down the bog is not going to go down well...

Offline GeneticRed

• Anny Roader
Even Lawrenson couldn't get this wrong. It is effectively an open goal of Ronnie Rosenthal proportions. Fair enough he scored it  but this changes nothing. He is still an absolute whopper. His performance on Celebrity Mastermind last week when he finished last on just 17 points proved how stupid he is. And on national tv. And he looks like a dog.

Offline Jay012345

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • How many topics?
Lawro, have a word with Hansen!