Author Topic: Members Sales  (Read 2097922 times)

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
Re: Members Sales
« Reply #10840 on: December 13, 2019, 08:50:41 pm »
Am I right in saying though that it’s only working hours that the tickets drop? Like no evenings or weekends?
YNWA

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10841 on: December 13, 2019, 08:53:05 pm »
Am I right in saying though that it’s only working hours that the tickets drop? Like no evenings or weekends?

Evenings no

Morning of weekend games always a few.

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #10842 on: December 14, 2019, 05:32:08 am »
Got a conundrum here.. finished my night shift 2 hours early so now do I get my head down and set an alarm for 8 and hope I can basket something or do I resign myself to missing this game having failed all week and go to sleep until 12:15

Or pull an all nighter in the hope I get lucky then just sleep after the match
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #10843 on: December 14, 2019, 08:30:55 am »
Anny Road, Kop and King Kenny all lit up red and couldn't basket 1 :( My luck is awful
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline wadey-LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • Round the fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #10844 on: December 14, 2019, 09:06:15 am »
Having a terrible time for this game
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly

Offline wadey-LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • Round the fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #10845 on: December 14, 2019, 09:13:34 am »
Loads just came online, managed to bag one, kop end, get in.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly

Offline bertiemee

• Anny Roader
  • The Anny Road Aggro
« Reply #10846 on: December 14, 2019, 09:29:16 am »
Loads just came online, managed to bag one, kop end, get in.

Well done mate, well deserved

Offline ian_s

• Kemlynite
« Reply #10847 on: December 14, 2019, 04:03:13 pm »
Was in U7 today, shit loads of empty seats including 12 all together in row 69 behind us! massively annoying when its hard as fuck to basket them.

Offline rewood

• Kopite
« Reply #10848 on: December 14, 2019, 04:13:29 pm »
Was in U7 today, shit loads of empty seats including 12 all together in row 69 behind us! massively annoying when its hard as fuck to basket them.

Watched on telly cos I couldn't get ticket. Made a point of looking out for empty seats, there were plenty.  Like many on here, I have spent stupid amounts of time on the ticketing website, it is utterly futile and mental we should be put through this when there are som many empty seats.  I do wonder if there are any on here that couldn't get shot of tickets.  Surely the time has come to review raw decision to get shot of ticket exchange.  it has been brilliant for me in the past and I personally cannot see what is wrong with it as long as rules are respected.  I have had a quick check on other forums, inc other clubs, and all still to have them.   We are cutting off our nose to spite our face.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10849 on: December 14, 2019, 04:15:44 pm »

That screams of a group who failed to tell the club they couldn’t use them

Frustrating. I’d have moved had I known there was empty seats to get away from the budding Motson behind me

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #10850 on: December 14, 2019, 04:31:24 pm »
Watched on telly cos I couldn't get ticket. Made a point of looking out for empty seats, there were plenty.  Like many on here, I have spent stupid amounts of time on the ticketing website, it is utterly futile and mental we should be put through this when there are som many empty seats.  I do wonder if there are any on here that couldn't get shot of tickets.  Surely the time has come to review raw decision to get shot of ticket exchange.  it has been brilliant for me in the past and I personally cannot see what is wrong with it as long as rules are respected.  I have had a quick check on other forums, inc other clubs, and all still to have them.   We are cutting off our nose to spite our face.
I do wonder what can really be done if someone has bought a ticket and just doesnt show up and doesnt try and get rid of it. They lose money but really thats it. Would you suggest a strikes system on the members card? like if the card isnt scanned for a game its got a ticket on then its a strike?
YNWA

Offline rewood

• Kopite
« Reply #10851 on: December 14, 2019, 04:52:49 pm »
We cant save the world in this current mental climate. Not looking to do that. I'm just looking to open up opportunities for those on rawk. I can't believe that all those that helpfully sorted others out in recent years haven't let one or two tickets slip due to lack of exchange.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #10852 on: December 14, 2019, 05:50:17 pm »
Always empty seats around, today was the first game in a while I didn’t have any in my immediate surroundings, could still see a few further afield

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10853 on: December 14, 2019, 06:21:01 pm »

It should 100% be brought back for aways at least

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10854 on: December 14, 2019, 06:55:07 pm »
Empty seats so far this season

Norwich - 741
Arsenal - 776
Newcastle - 2644
Salzburg - 1831
Leicester - 752
Tottenham - 852
Arsenal (Cup) - 1380
Genk - 1463
Man City - 750
Napoli - 1946
Brighton - 755
Everton - 980

Thats 14,870 tickets that could have gone to fans who actually want to go to the game, plus however many emptys there were today.

And the club know these figures, it was remarked in the fan meeting about how many empty seats there were for Barca last season, so maybe they should do something about it.

Offline AR48

• Anny Roader
« Reply #10855 on: December 14, 2019, 07:10:30 pm »
Loads of empty’s in U9

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10856 on: December 14, 2019, 07:18:34 pm »
The blood, sweat and tears I put in to getting a City ticket, the days (not just hours) of my life i wasted and still didn't get one.

Then 750 with a ticket decide they can't be arsed to turn up.

I think no-showers get punished at United.

Offline JasonR55

• Main Stander
  • Jurgens Army
« Reply #10857 on: December 14, 2019, 07:19:53 pm »
Empty seats so far this season

Norwich - 741
Arsenal - 776
Newcastle - 2644
Salzburg - 1831
Leicester - 752
Tottenham - 852
Arsenal (Cup) - 1380
Genk - 1463
Man City - 750
Napoli - 1946
Brighton - 755
Everton - 980

Thats 14,870 tickets that could have gone to fans who actually want to go to the game, plus however many emptys there were today.

And the club know these figures, it was remarked in the fan meeting about how many empty seats there were for Barca last season, so maybe they should do something about it.

Where’ve these figures come from mate? The club?

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10858 on: December 14, 2019, 07:22:53 pm »
Where’ve these figures come from mate? The club?

Yeah, the official attendance figures from the club, printed in the matchday programme.

I got my calculator out and subtracted each figure from the full capacity of 54,074.

I know the capacity is reduced for european games anyway, but still there's been more that the capacity of the Kop's worth of empty seats this season

Offline ian_s

• Kemlynite
« Reply #10859 on: December 14, 2019, 07:23:58 pm »
Always empty seats around, today was the first game in a while I didn’t have any in my immediate surroundings, could still see a few further afield

Yeah, there is always some, but first time I have seen a whole row of 12 empty. others in singles and doubles empty in front too.

Offline JasonR55

• Main Stander
  • Jurgens Army
« Reply #10860 on: December 14, 2019, 07:26:04 pm »
Yeah, the official attendance figures from the club, printed in the matchday programme.

I got my calculator out and subtracted each figure from the full capacity of 54,074.

I know the capacity is reduced for european games anyway, but still there's been more that the capacity of the Kop's worth of empty seats this season

Okay, but I’m guessing this will include things like the seats under the segregation between us and away fans, Or the front row of 221-224 being empty for Everton game.

Still ridiculous figures though, especially anything over 1000. Needs to be something done about it, although I’ve no idea what!

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10861 on: December 14, 2019, 07:39:16 pm »
I am sure The Club can identify which season tickets / members cards / paper tickets are not used.   Empty seats without reason should carry a warning and maybe tickets rescinded if the same persons don’t use their tickets repeatedly. This is assuming The Club sorts it’s act out and allows member returns at short notice.   Even something like a graded refund would help, 100% a week before the match dropping to 50% an hour before kick off.  There will always be reasons why people can’t make it at short notice and we should have the facility to return and resell these tickets.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10862 on: December 14, 2019, 07:43:03 pm »
People won't return the ticket for resale if it means they lose the credit though, so the same thing will happen as now, they just won't go and keep the ticket and credit

Offline JasonR55

• Main Stander
  • Jurgens Army
« Reply #10863 on: December 14, 2019, 07:50:29 pm »
Sheffield United are offering extra loyalty points (their version of credits) for their FA Cup game v Fylde to try and incentivise people to go, but it says in the selling details that only barcodes/cards activated at the turnstiles on the day will be given the loyalty points.
The software/ability to do it is clearly there.

Offline stevo7

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Direct Action Now
« Reply #10864 on: December 14, 2019, 07:54:55 pm »
You have to take into account that the 'lead supporter' can only pick up tickets from the ticket office. So if they are ill or can't make the game for personal reasons, that means all the rest of tickets that person has bought for his mates can't be picked up.
I've been there when I couldn't make it due a hospital emergency so 3 mates missed out on a match.
Tickets need to transferrable online for members.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10865 on: December 14, 2019, 07:57:38 pm »
You have to take into account that the 'lead supporter' can only pick up tickets from the ticket office. So if they are ill or can't make the game for personal reasons, that means all the rest of tickets that person has bought for his mates can't be picked up.
I've been there when I couldn't make it due a hospital emergency so 3 mates missed out on a match.
Tickets need to transferrable online for members.

This has never been the case as far as I know, and in my experience.

Or are you talking about collecting tickets from the local sales?

Offline stevo7

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Direct Action Now
« Reply #10866 on: December 14, 2019, 08:12:07 pm »
Collecting tickets for local sales.
Obviously no problem when games are on our card.

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #10867 on: December 14, 2019, 08:12:15 pm »
People won't return the ticket for resale if it means they lose the credit though, so the same thing will happen as now, they just won't go and keep the ticket and credit
Does the ticket need to be scanned into the ground for a credit to count? Or just purchased?
YNWA

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10868 on: December 14, 2019, 09:29:15 pm »
Does the ticket need to be scanned into the ground for a credit to count? Or just purchased?

No just purchased

If it only counted when scanned you'll probably find there are less empty seats

Offline bertiemee

• Anny Roader
  • The Anny Road Aggro
« Reply #10869 on: December 14, 2019, 09:50:23 pm »
I do wonder what can really be done if someone has bought a ticket and just doesnt show up and doesnt try and get rid of it. They lose money but really thats it. Would you suggest a strikes system on the members card? like if the card isnt scanned for a game its got a ticket on then its a strike?

If you think the empty seats are members than you're mental. What are the chances that 12 members all next to each other just decided to not go the game?

The empty seats are none other than hospitality / some other 3rd party of way of the club selling tickets, so the striking system is pointless and the club wouldn't entertain the idea anyway.

Talk about making it even harder for current members jeez..

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #10870 on: December 14, 2019, 10:08:46 pm »
If you think the empty seats are members than you're mental. What are the chances that 12 members all next to each other just decided to not go the game?

The empty seats are none other than hospitality / some other 3rd party of way of the club selling tickets, so the striking system is pointless and the club wouldn't entertain the idea anyway.

Talk about making it even harder for current members jeez..
But if it’s not the members leaving empty seats  then they don’t need to worry about strikes so it doesn’t make a difference to them. Just trying to think of a way around it. Having used a third party company before based in Dublin, he used to hand out tickets on the bus over, all of us had different family members of the guy who owned the company. These i would imagine were all standard members cards with 13+ credits, so if a seat wasn’t used then strike it. Three times and the membership cancelled. I don’t see the harm in that.
YNWA

Offline bertiemee

• Anny Roader
  • The Anny Road Aggro
« Reply #10871 on: December 15, 2019, 10:59:24 am »
But if it’s not the members leaving empty seats  then they don’t need to worry about strikes so it doesn’t make a difference to them. Just trying to think of a way around it. Having used a third party company before based in Dublin, he used to hand out tickets on the bus over, all of us had different family members of the guy who owned the company. These i would imagine were all standard members cards with 13+ credits, so if a seat wasn’t used then strike it. Three times and the membership cancelled. I don’t see the harm in that.

Three strikes and the membership is cancelled. Yeah good one. Three times I'm sick, called into work or something else comes up last minute and my membership which spans back over 15 years now will be cancelled.

Absolute  :jester :jester :jester

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10872 on: December 15, 2019, 11:09:17 am »
Three strikes and the membership is cancelled. Yeah good one. Three times I'm sick, called into work or something else comes up last minute and my membership which spans back over 15 years now will be cancelled.

Absolute  :jester :jester :jester

Or you create a system so that you are able to inform them you aren't going even at late notice.

Offline bertiemee

• Anny Roader
  • The Anny Road Aggro
« Reply #10873 on: December 15, 2019, 11:43:54 am »
Or you create a system so that you are able to inform them you aren't going even at late notice.

Great. Can't wait to be calling into work the match sick

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10874 on: December 15, 2019, 12:28:02 pm »
Could do it on an app on your phone in less than 20 seconds.

Amazing how every way of making things fairer has some rebuttal from someone because it doesn't suit them as an individual.

Offline rewood

• Kopite
« Reply #10875 on: December 15, 2019, 12:35:05 pm »
Just bring back the flipping ticket exchange.

Offline bertiemee

• Anny Roader
  • The Anny Road Aggro
« Reply #10876 on: December 15, 2019, 12:40:18 pm »
Could do it on an app on your phone in less than 20 seconds.

Amazing how every way of making things fairer has some rebuttal from someone because it doesn't suit them as an individual.

Oh okay cheers mate. I'm sure the elders of our group will appreciate that knowing they haven't even got a smartphone.

And if you think I'm the only match goer who would have this initial reaction to a "3 strikes and you're out" policy then you're an ostrich

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #10877 on: December 15, 2019, 01:05:13 pm »
Oh okay cheers mate. I'm sure the elders of our group will appreciate that knowing they haven't even got a smartphone.

And if you think I'm the only match goer who would have this initial reaction to a "3 strikes and you're out" policy then you're an ostrich
mate if you aren't going to make it to three games in a season that you've bought tickets for then sending them back to the club for another fan to use (there are thousands of us) is fair. Otherwise stop buying the tickets if you cant guarantee you're going to go. Literally fed up with ones with full credits that only go to half the games but won't give the card up because they would lose out on the big games.
YNWA

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10878 on: December 15, 2019, 01:15:59 pm »

They managed to buy the ticket so if they haven't got a smartphone they'll at least have access to a computer so there's that option too. Or a phone call. Or loads of things that we can work round in this hypothetical scenario designed to benefit people.

Offline bertiemee

• Anny Roader
  • The Anny Road Aggro
« Reply #10879 on: December 15, 2019, 01:36:27 pm »
mate if you aren't going to make it to three games in a season that you've bought tickets for then sending them back to the club for another fan to use (there are thousands of us) is fair. Otherwise stop buying the tickets if you cant guarantee you're going to go. Literally fed up with ones with full credits that only go to half the games but won't give the card up because they would lose out on the big games.

If you actually read this thread you'd quickly realise I don't have full credits or anywhere near it. So I'm hardly on the 'privileged side', if anything what you are suggesting would benefit me.

That doesn't take away from the fact it's a ridiculous idea.