Author Topic: Torres: Don't rush Gerrard back too soon  (Read 14412 times)

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
Torres: Don't rush Gerrard back too soon
« on: February 13, 2009, 08:34:54 am »
From Sky Sports:

Liverpool ace Fernando Torres has warned Steven Gerrard not to rush back from his hamstring injury.

Gerrard is currently on the sidelines nursing the hamstring tear he suffered in the FA Cup replay defeat to Everton earlier this month.

The Liverpool skipper is expected to be out for a further two weeks with the club hopeful he could return for their UEFA Champions League clash with Real Madrid.

However, Torres, who has struggled with hamstring problems this season, believes Gerrard must be wary of coming back too soon and possibly aggravating the injury.

"Stevie doesn't have a substitute at Liverpool," said Torres. It's his name first on the teamsheet then 10 others.

"Stevie is the lad every great side has - our leader, the one-club man.

"But I know from experience hamstring problems are risky. If you get one there's nothing you can do but let it repair."

Absolutely agree with him.. We could rush him back for Real Madrid (a), but I wouldn't take the risk...

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Re: Torres: Don't rush Gerrard back too soon
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 08:38:24 am »
Any  update on Gerrard's injury ?

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 08:39:28 am »
Any  update on Gerrard's injury ?

Still the three weeks we've heard from the starting...

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 08:54:23 am »
Which would make him hit and miss for Madrid away.

Offline todda

• Who the fuck you trying to kid....
  • Legacy Fan
  • My Team, My Club, MY Life!
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 09:24:00 am »
Which would make him hit and miss for Madrid away.

by a day.

We seriously want to treat this one with utmost care though as we don't want him missing the run-in
"Friend 1st, Boss 2nd,......... Enteratiner 3rd!,  If I was asked to name 3 intellegent people, I wouldn't say Einstein, Newton..... erm you know, I'd Say Cleese, Milligan, Everett................ Sessions!" David Brent.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 09:43:41 am »
no way will Rafa chance anything with Gerrard. If he's not ready for Madrid, he won't play. We can do them without him anyway. He'll be kept in bubble wrap for the run in.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline Walter Sobchak

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Calmer than you are
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2009, 09:49:13 am »
We can do them without him anyway.

we might be able to hold them in the first leg without him but we'll need him in the second leg when the onus will be on us to attack

but i cant see us beating them away without gerrard

Offline lfc_bhoy

• muppet
  • Legacy Fan
  • You is getting twatted, possibilities no-FS
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2009, 09:50:24 am »
no way will Rafa chance anything with Gerrard. If he's not ready for Madrid, he won't play. We can do them without him anyway. He'll be kept in bubble wrap for the run in.

Lucas will fill in nicely, mark my words.
"Because like Bill Shankly, on more days and nights than those expert pundits ever care to recall, he made the people happy."

"There was no other color in the middle of the field except the red of Liverpool"

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2009, 09:52:34 am »
I think we can handle Real without Stevie G.

-----------------------Reina-----------------------
Arby----------Carra--------Skrtel--------Aurelio
Benny--------Alonso-------Masch----------Riera
-----------------Kuyt------Torres-----------------

Yup, no need to risk him...

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2009, 09:53:48 am »
we might be able to hold them in the first leg without him but we'll need him in the second leg when the onus will be on us to attack

Keep the faith Walter. Remember Barcelona away.... mark my words, we will do them out there
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

Offline todda

• Who the fuck you trying to kid....
  • Legacy Fan
  • My Team, My Club, MY Life!
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2009, 09:55:37 am »

Believe.

We can beat them(Madrid) or anyone else for that matter without Stevie, Ok it'll be more difficult but, we have the players, Kuyt, Masch, Alonso and Yossi is in a bit of form atm not to mention Torres.  We're not a one man team as the media would have everyone believe. We beat Utd without Gerrard and Torres or has everyone forgotten that one??
"Friend 1st, Boss 2nd,......... Enteratiner 3rd!,  If I was asked to name 3 intellegent people, I wouldn't say Einstein, Newton..... erm you know, I'd Say Cleese, Milligan, Everett................ Sessions!" David Brent.

Offline lfc_bhoy

• muppet
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2009, 09:57:17 am »
Keep the faith Walter. Remember Barcelona away.... mark my words, we will do them out there

Amen.  Funny thing about Barca away was that the scoreline was a bit unfair to us.  Rafa plans out these types of games for fun.
"Because like Bill Shankly, on more days and nights than those expert pundits ever care to recall, he made the people happy."

"There was no other color in the middle of the field except the red of Liverpool"

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2009, 09:57:47 am »
Have a feeling Rafa might Rest Stevie until the home game v Madrid giving him a proper 5 weeks to recover  , maybe  come on v Sunderland ?

Wednesday, 25 February 2009
Real Madrid v Liverpool, 19:45

Saturday, 28 February 2009
Middlesbrough v Liverpool, 15:00

Tuesday, 03 March 2009
Liverpool v Sunderland, 20:00

Tuesday, 10 March 2009
Liverpool v Real Madrid, 19:45
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 09:59:40 am by rocco »

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2009, 09:58:43 am »
Physioroom has him down for Feb 28th return Torres is right get him back early and it reoccurs then we are making life difficult , the one thing that bothers me is the fifth booking when does the bookings tally stop trust our luck he will come back early March get booked and be out of the Manu game, i thought i read somewhere that the bookings are cleaned off at the end of Feb ??
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2009, 09:58:50 am »
Have a feeling Rafa might Rest Stevie untill the home game v Madrid

Wednesday, 25 February 2009
Real Madrid v Liverpool, 19:45

Saturday, 28 February 2009
Middlesbrough v Liverpool, 15:00

Tuesday, 03 March 2009
Liverpool v Sunderland, 20:00

Tuesday, 10 March 2009
Liverpool v Real Madrid, 19:45

I think he'll give him 20-30 minutes against Sunderland.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2009, 10:00:11 am »
I think he'll give him 20-30 minutes against Sunderland.
#
;)

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2009, 10:01:41 am »
Give it a few days, they'll all be in here, saying how crap we are and how we can't win without Gerrard and wanting Rafa sacked cos he pulled a hamstring when he should have never been on the pitch. Then when we beat Madrid, they'll be in the match thread screaming how shit we are, and then screaming how great we are when we score the winner in the last few minutes. Then give it a few days and they'll be on saying how crap we are and that Rafa should be sacked because.....

Well, you get me drift.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2009, 10:04:22 am »
Amen.  Funny thing about Barca away was that the scoreline was a bit unfair to us.  Rafa plans out these types of games for fun.
I have no worries going into this type of game. Rafa will wipe the floor with Ramos. We'll win it in the last few minutes. It's the Boro and Sunderland games I'd worry about, especially if he isn't fit for them.

Offline nocturnalvin

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96.
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2009, 10:07:47 am »
I don't believe he will be out for 3 weeks.
i believe in conspiracy theories. :)

Offline Walter Sobchak

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Calmer than you are
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2009, 10:08:25 am »
Give it a few days, they'll all be in here, saying how crap we are and how we can't win without Gerrard and wanting Rafa sacked cos he pulled a hamstring when he should have never been on the pitch. Then when we beat Madrid, they'll be in the match thread screaming how shit we are, and then screaming how great we are when we score the winner in the last few minutes. Then give it a few days and they'll be on saying how crap we are and that Rafa should be sacked because.....

Well, you get me drift.

:D  its funny coz its true

I have no worries going into this type of game. Rafa will wipe the floor with Ramos. We'll win it in the last few minutes. It's the Boro and Sunderland games I'd worry about, especially if he isn't fit for them.

especially boro. twats always seem to raise their game against us

Offline driftinwest

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone.
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2009, 10:08:52 am »

R.Madrid aren't playing that well and Torres will be fired up against them. Expect Kuyt to benefit from the attention they give Torres, I think we'll get a result and progress over the 2 legs with or without Gerrard.
If my assistant had not signalled a goal, I would have given a penalty and sent off goalkeeper Patr Cheh. he beeped me to signal the foul. The noise from the crowd  stopped me hearing it, I have been involved at places like Barcelona, Ibrox, Old Trafford, Arsenal, but I've never in my life been involved in such an atmosphere. IT WAS INCREDIBLE

Offline nocturnalvin

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96.
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2009, 10:10:31 am »
Lets not underestimate Real .. they have won like 7 games on the trot ?

Offline Walter Sobchak

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Calmer than you are
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2009, 10:13:51 am »
R.Madrid aren't playing that well and Torres will be fired up against them. Expect Kuyt to benefit from the attention they give Torres, I think we'll get a result and progress over the 2 legs with or without Gerrard.

they've won 7 in a row. I fancy our chances against anyone in Europe over two legs just think the real away leg will be a VERY tough game for us even if gerrard is fit

Offline RED-EAZY

• Kopite
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2009, 10:16:30 am »
bring him back in gradually for boro/sunderland and he should be fully fit for the second leg.
could be a smoke screen a chance for rafa to rest his captain for the run in with out getting
blasted for it in the media,
not a chance he will be rushed back not looking at the games we have coming up.
get a rest stevie masch and xabi will do the job in his absence then come back in top form for the end of the season
We don't need Gerrard against madrid anyway, they are shite

Offline Bosshog

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • what a hit son.....WHAT A HIT!!!!!!!
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2009, 10:20:56 am »
id take him to madrid but put him on bench....only use if necessary!

*****thats if he's up to it, if not, tuck him up in bed with a mug of coco****
Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose: it's how drunk you get!!

Homer Simpson

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2009, 10:22:01 am »

-----------------------Reina-----------------------

That is a very decent team; with probably Babel coming in the game late on.

Offline driftinwest

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone.
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2009, 10:22:28 am »
they've won 7 in a row. I fancy our chances against anyone in Europe over two legs just think the real away leg will be a VERY tough game for us even if gerrard is fit
I'm not under estimating them their a tough team to beat on any day. I just think there overall season hasn't lived up to expectations for them as they are a country mile behind Barcelona in the league, but perhaps that could make them more dangerous as the CL will be a more realistic prize for them to chase. I've only seen a little of them this season and haven't been impressed (maybe I shouldn't comment on them) over 2 legs I fancy us to go through.
If my assistant had not signalled a goal, I would have given a penalty and sent off goalkeeper Patr Cheh. he beeped me to signal the foul. The noise from the crowd  stopped me hearing it, I have been involved at places like Barcelona, Ibrox, Old Trafford, Arsenal, but I've never in my life been involved in such an atmosphere. IT WAS INCREDIBLE

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2009, 10:24:08 am »
Of course it will be tough mate. But I reckon we will hold them out and nick it in the last few minutes. Torres will be up front on his todd and have to be on top of his game. I can't see us getting too many chances. But having said that, Madrid will play football. So, we will have a chance to hit them on the counter. I can see it being a classic Rafa european smash and grab job and the return leg could be trickier than the away.

Offline lfc_bhoy

• muppet
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2009, 10:26:10 am »
Lets not underestimate Real .. they have won like 7 games on the trot ?

Streaks were meant to be broken, ask Chelsea.

Offline Macedonian_Red

• NewsNow. Actually much later. And then probably wrong.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2009, 10:26:21 am »

--------------------Reina------------------------

----------------------Reina---------------------

Arbeloa------Carragher---Skrtel--------Aurelio

---------------Alonso-------Mascherano---------

Kuyt--------------Benayoun----------------Riera

----------------------Torres------------------------

That should be enough in Madrid ...

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2009, 10:30:32 am »

Yeah, just hope Lucas doesn't get included into such a big game though, he'll crack..

With these set of players we can inter-change between 4-4-2 and 4-2-3-1.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2009, 10:38:50 am »

;)

Offline Macedonian_Red

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2009, 10:39:01 am »
Yeah, just hope Lucas doesn't get included into such a big game though, he'll crack..

Lucas will not start because Alonso and Mascherano will be on the starting line-up ... However, Real's style of play definitely suits him and he will be included at some point, especially if the result is good for us in the second half ...

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2009, 10:41:20 am »
Lucas will play in a five man mid-field.

Offline Macedonian_Red

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2009, 10:46:59 am »
Lucas will play in a five man mid-field.

From the start ? Not likely ...

I expect him to come in for Benayoun in the 2nd half ...

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2009, 10:47:25 am »
I thought Aurelio showed against Portsmouth that he could fit well into a five man midfield really well and he is naturally left sided
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Offline Crazynumber9

• Legacy Fan
  • Be afraid!
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2009, 10:50:25 am »

With these set of players we can inter-change between 4-4-2 and 4-2-3-1.

Yeah just like he cracked against Inter Milan  ::)
Proudly an internet terrorist since 2010!

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2009, 10:59:28 am »
But against Inter he was very much mentored by Stevie. Also against Marseille, even against PSV I seem to recall some interchange at half-time. Someone would have to mentor him against RM if he played: Xabi is the obvious candidate.

Offline G1 Jockey 4(betfair)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2009, 11:00:20 am »
Lucas will not start because Alonso and Mascherano will be on the starting line-up ... However, Real's style of play definitely suits him and he will be included at some point, especially if the result is good for us in the second half ...

lucas bossed diarra at Anfield earlier this season.
think rafa may go for solidity away from home.

we dont want to get sucked into trying to play a too expansive game there.

one of our old soak up games would do niceley.
Freedom of Speech unless you get shouted down and abused by the in-crowd.

Offline RED-EAZY

• Kopite
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2009, 11:08:41 am »

lucas bossed diarra at Anfield earlier this season.
think rafa may go for solidity away from home.

we dont want to get sucked into trying to play a too expansive game there.

one of our old soak up games would do niceley.

yeah thats the way to play it, dont give em to much try and make the pitch a little smaller
make em play at more of a prem pace.
there a team that the confidence can be knocked out of them dont let em get a goal irritate them and get there shitty fans moaning and booing show em why we have been stronger than then in europe for the past 4 years take em back to anfield and ad em to the list
of european giants slayed by the red men COME ON LIVERPOOL
wish the game was tonight now
We don't need Gerrard against madrid anyway, they are shite