Author Topic: LFC vs Fulham, 11 November 2018, 12pm  (Read 23077 times)

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Re: LFC vs Fulham, 11 November 2018, 12pm
« Reply #120 on: November 9, 2018, 10:54:36 am »
Is Robertson a doubt?

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #121 on: November 9, 2018, 11:03:29 am »
He said Sterling could have admitted he wasn't fouled the other night, but Milner could also have admitted last season that the ball hit him in the build-up to their disallowed goal at the Etihad.

Hahaha excellent approaching ‘ghost goal’ levels of invented fume ... hope he sees it when he closes his eyes every night

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #122 on: November 9, 2018, 11:55:27 am »
I'm not a Henderson lover by any means but I do think his aggression helps set the tone early in games. How important that actually is, especially in a game like Sunday, is another matter.

I actually think this is one of the main reasons that Klopp likes Henderson. He's much more aggressive in that No.6 role than Wijnaldum. Hard to judge Fabinho since he's hardly played. Think Henderson can set the tone in certain games -  PSG this season springs to mind. Against teams who come and look to stick 11 men behind the ball, I'm not as sure if it's needed as much. Think he'll play if fit though.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Online Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: November 9, 2018, 12:04:04 pm »
Don't see a thrashing here.

Think we have enough against a struggling side to win 2 - 0.

Online LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #124 on: November 9, 2018, 12:14:42 pm »
Want the lads to show that they mean business and then we can stop talking about that shitty Red Star game.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: November 9, 2018, 12:19:19 pm »
Interesting conference from Klopp. Looks like City's form, or at least our fans reaction to City's form, is seeping into the minds of the players.

Offline Derek1892

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #126 on: November 9, 2018, 12:24:35 pm »
This! Could not agree more with this. Fingers crossed utd and the bitters do us a favour

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #127 on: November 9, 2018, 12:24:54 pm »
Interesting conference from Klopp. Looks like City's form, or at least our fans reaction to City's form, is seeping into the minds of the players.

Is it really surprising considering the utter obsession there is with everything City are doing at the moment? We really need to get a grip on our own team and not spend endless hours fretting about how many City have won by this time. The players are human after all, the expectation is immense despite the overwhelming odds they are facing with this challenge. We need to get behind them just concentrate on ourselves.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: November 9, 2018, 12:31:52 pm »
Klopp: "If you are coming on Sunday to the game and expect an easy game, please stay home''

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: November 9, 2018, 01:03:52 pm »
We only play City twice and already one is a draw

Offline The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: November 9, 2018, 01:30:37 pm »
Is Robertson a doubt?

At the moment yes, he trained alone. After tomorrow's training session we might know more.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: November 9, 2018, 01:38:57 pm »
Happy with a 1-0 win here (and I'm the aggressive fuck off football-type of fan), but really want to see us use this game to get some rhythm in our pressing, tenacity and style.
YNWA.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: November 9, 2018, 01:43:36 pm »
Klopp: "If you are coming on Sunday to the game and expect an easy game, please stay home''

Glad he's saying this. The Cardiff game the crowd were shite. And with this being early on a sunday, it's probably an even worse baseline than 3pm Saturday. Hope the crowd can serve to encourage the players, rather than relying on the other way round as Cardiff tried to kill the game

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: November 9, 2018, 01:51:19 pm »
Not seen much of us lately due to holidays but keep hearing our pressure game has suffered a little. If that is the case then perhaps putting bodies in their half will help as cant see them straying too far from 10 men behind the ball. Stretch them where possible and basically camp in their half as if we want to press like Barca then we need 8 or 9 of our players in their half the majority of the time.  Hold the high line thus allowing our midfield and attack to pin them in. You need the likes of Shaqiri & Keita or Lallana starting more in our midfield as we def miss the vision of Coutinho and against park the bus sides do we really need two midfielders of the likes of Milner, Henderson, Fabinho or Gini starting every game?
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #134 on: November 9, 2018, 01:52:36 pm »
He said Sterling could have admitted he wasn't fouled the other night, but Milner could also have admitted last season that the ball hit him in the build-up to their disallowed goal at the Etihad.
One of Pep's most impressive achievements to date is convincing a majority of people that he is not a complete and utter twat.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #135 on: November 9, 2018, 01:58:58 pm »
Is Robertson a doubt?

I read that as is Robertson a donut

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: November 9, 2018, 02:00:08 pm »

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #137 on: November 9, 2018, 02:24:04 pm »
I actually think this is one of the main reasons that Klopp likes Henderson. He's much more aggressive in that No.6 role than Wijnaldum. Hard to judge Fabinho since he's hardly played. Think Henderson can set the tone in certain games -  PSG this season springs to mind. Against teams who come and look to stick 11 men behind the ball, I'm not as sure if it's needed as much. Think he'll play if fit though.
The good thing is that Fulham are stuck between a rock and a hard place. Their only real strength is attacking, and that's what they're set up for, so they'll almost certainly try to be a little bit adventerous. If they aren't, and they go they other way, it's a case of parking a bus, but on a hill, without a handbreak. Most teams that come and play park bus are either defensive teams or tactically flexible teams, the ones that succeed usually do so because that's basically their 'a' game anyway, and even then we're effective enough to dismantle most parked buses effectively. Fulham aren't coached that way, don't have good individuals in defence and will need an absolutely massive slice of luck or an unbelievably dreadful performance on our part to get anything from this match, I feel. It's an absolutely horrible, horrible match up for them.

EDIT:
To actually reply to your point instead of just randomly going off on one:
This is a game that Henderson could be very good for - where his aggression and breaking up of play will be very useful and where he won't be subjected to intense pressing or a wall of bodies requiring thread-needle passes to break through.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #138 on: November 9, 2018, 02:50:17 pm »
Come on Redmen!!
Sounds like a few changes likely to freshen up midfield. Hope Robbo fit. Can’t see beyond a win for the Reds here. Hopefully a decent weekend for us.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #139 on: November 9, 2018, 02:56:23 pm »
Is this game on UK tv at all? There was a time I assumed all Sunday games were on TV.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: November 9, 2018, 02:57:56 pm »
Really really looking forward to seeing Keita and Shaqiri play

Online rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: November 9, 2018, 03:21:59 pm »
Is this game on UK tv at all? There was a time I assumed all Sunday games were on TV.
BT Sport are showing it I believe.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: November 9, 2018, 03:55:34 pm »

I was expecting those answers to be twisted by the national outlets and/or click bait sites, not one of our own!

Did he even mention the players once and what they were thinking? It was all about the perceived performances/expectations from outside (to the team) sources - media, supporters. I thought he was calm, honest, and absolutely right. Our current position is very good, we need to improve.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #143 on: November 9, 2018, 04:23:00 pm »
BT Sport are showing it I believe.
Thanks mate.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #144 on: November 9, 2018, 04:32:30 pm »
I was expecting those answers to be twisted by the national outlets and/or click bait sites, not one of our own!

Did he even mention the players once and what they were thinking? It was all about the perceived performances/expectations from outside (to the team) sources - media, supporters. I thought he was calm, honest, and absolutely right. Our current position is very good, we need to improve.
How is that 'twisting his answers'? He directly stated how it's a big gap when we draw 0-0 and City win 6-0, and talked about the need for us to enjoy our football.

And why shouldn't he address it? Our players are only human, of course they've got City on their minds. How could they not? How could they not pay some attention when we were ahead of them and our last three results, one good and one decent and one bad, have seen them respond with a succession of almost effortless-seeming eviscerations.

It'd be more worrying if our players hadn't noticed it in some way. And this is where Klopp's man-management gets really tested. Can he help the players to turn this into a positive? As a spur towards even better performance levels? Or will it lead to pressure that we crack under? It's clear that we have been playing like a team under pressure - but we've still ground out results. That's frustrating to watch and concerning in terms of performance levels, but also encouraging.

I have faith in our manager and players that they can take what could be a truly monumental next step - that of us becoming a team that goes from wilting under pressure, to struggling under pressure, to coping under pressure, to excelling under pressure. And that next step is a hard one, one that many very good - even title/CL winning teams - never managed. But we've got the right stuff to do it, I think. There's quality everywhere, both in terms of talent and mentality. More than I've ever seen at this club, anyway.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: November 9, 2018, 04:53:36 pm »
How is that 'twisting his answers'? He directly stated how it's a big gap when we draw 0-0 and City win 6-0, and talked about the need for us to enjoy our football.

And why shouldn't he address it? Our players are only human, of course they've got City on their minds. How could they not? How could they not pay some attention when we were ahead of them and our last three results, one good and one decent and one bad, have seen them respond with a succession of almost effortless-seeming eviscerations.

It'd be more worrying if our players hadn't noticed it in some way. And this is where Klopp's man-management gets really tested. Can he help the players to turn this into a positive? As a spur towards even better performance levels? Or will it lead to pressure that we crack under? It's clear that we have been playing like a team under pressure - but we've still ground out results. That's frustrating to watch and concerning in terms of performance levels, but also encouraging.

I have faith in our manager and players that they can take what could be a truly monumental next step - that of us becoming a team that goes from wilting under pressure, to struggling under pressure, to coping under pressure, to excelling under pressure. And that next step is a hard one, one that many very good - even title/CL winning teams - never managed. But we've got the right stuff to do it, I think. There's quality everywhere, both in terms of talent and mentality. More than I've ever seen at this club, anyway.

I agree usually with most you say but that last line puzzles me as we have had more talented / balanced sides at Liverpool even in the last 15 years nevermind the teams of the 70s and 80s. Our current potential is tremendous and the lads have the capability of doing it all ....as long as they can prove themselves. In many ways their mental side still needs maturing as cups and titles require a mental strength we have yet to show.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Golyo

• Matchday smoker fond of a good old bashing.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the Jürgen!
« Reply #146 on: November 9, 2018, 05:03:02 pm »
One of Pep's most impressive achievements to date is convincing a majority of people that he is not a complete and utter twat.
Just look at the kind of people that are paying him his elite wages and financing his squad. He is working for scum.
Listen, we're going to be all right, they've got someone even smaller than me. - Ferenc Puskás before the game against England in 1953

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: November 9, 2018, 05:53:15 pm »

Because he didn't say anything about it seeping into the minds of the players? He was specifically trying to play down the comparisons to City's results, from our own supporters and media. I thought that was pretty clear? See the BBC clip thats been put out - "we win a game and then have to apologise for not winning in a City way"

I would hope that in that team and management group that they're all rightly ignoring what City are doing. It's completely and utterly outside of our control. The team need to focus on improving, mitigating complacency and being as good and consistent as possible.

Pretty sure that Steve Peters talked extensively about the need of this when he was training the Olympic cyclists. To paraphrase, you won't achieve your maximum if you're concerned about how your opponent is doing behind you. Focus on every second of your own personal performance, any time/effort spent worrying thinking about someone else's is a detriment

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #148 on: November 9, 2018, 06:22:31 pm »
I think all good managers have that kind of bitterness to them...

Just look at the kind of people that are paying him his elite wages and financing his squad. He is working for scum.
...this however is literally never mentioned by the mainstream media.

Offline El choquero

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #149 on: November 9, 2018, 06:26:42 pm »
Reckon well get a functional2 goalwin which wouldbe great, would love to see shaqiri in a 4231 formation. Really disheartened over some of the reaction to the red star game, hopewe can lift the team onsunday

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #150 on: November 9, 2018, 06:40:48 pm »

its a shame he has to make these pleas every week again, just as he had to in his first season. 

Bit of a wierd atmosophre seeping in for a team who's unbeaten in the league. The manager shouldn't need to be concerned about how the fans react at a game, or don't react as the case might be, but it obvioisly is concerning him and the team.

;D  So true! For such an immoral prick, the sun still seems to shine out of his arse!

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #151 on: November 9, 2018, 07:42:29 pm »
Shaq is gonna light the stadium up and show us how much we missed him against Red Star.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #152 on: November 9, 2018, 07:48:17 pm »
Shaq is gonna light the stadium up and show us how much we missed him against Red Star.

Yeah after mid weeks terrible performance I’d like to see him start the game!!

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: November 9, 2018, 08:32:45 pm »
One of Keyser Söze most impressive achievements to date is convincing a majority of people that he is not a complete and utter twat.

;)

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: November 9, 2018, 08:40:09 pm »

He is definitely a twat, can’t stand the dickhead.

Offline Boer_War

• Main Stander
« Reply #155 on: November 9, 2018, 09:55:25 pm »

Ah I love this! I hadn’t seen his rallying call to the fans.

I’m now an extremely happy arm chair fan. I loved going to matches, but now I’m older I like not having a 3 hour journey each way.

Is Klopps point that last season we didn’t expect anything. And we were treated to something amazing most games. I loved most games.

But this season there is expectation. And I know we are still the most successful English team. But most of us don’t know how to deal with expectation. Most of us are just used to ‘next season’. But last season it changed that, and rather than just enjoy we are constantly worried and comparing?

I’ve been equally as guilty till Klopp highlighted it. Maybe we should remove that expectation, get back to just enjoying. If it’s 1-0 take it. I would have snapped your hand off if we are just in the title hunt with a handful of games to go. Only one team can win the title, and it’s a feker that a team like city are here now. But if we keep in the chase who knows. They were scared of a bus route to Anfield last season the cowards.

Are defence has dragged us through games this season, which we have needed in past seasons. If our midfield and attack start really clicking we’ll have every team worried. But at the minute I don’t think on current form many will. So let’s not give any time an added advantage with expecting us to steam roll each team. If it’s 0-0 or 0-1 at half time we cheer them off ala Liverpool vs Olympiakos.

Btw I think there is nothing like the kop when it’s on it’s game in any sport anywhere in the world.

Also I’m drunk and have dyslexia, so please forgive my spelling and gramma. And it is a side point, but if people can’t spell very well, why give it a name that is hard to spell?! ‘Dyslexia’ why not call it ‘bob’?

Get 8% cash back from the official store

http://www.quidco.com/user/4882829

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: November 9, 2018, 11:13:40 pm »
Reposted, since I put it in the wrong thread first time...

I reckon we go for...
Alisson; TAA, Lovren, van Dijk, Robertson; Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Shaqiri; Salah, Firmino, Mane

Wouldn't mind seeing Henderson coming back in the side but I'm not sure about dropping Fabinho after one bad game, he needs to get back on the horse and this should be a nicer game for him. Shaqiri coming in to give us that drive from midfield, with Keita ready to come on if need be. If Gomez has a knock then don't risk it.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #157 on: November 9, 2018, 11:58:42 pm »
Interesting words from Klopp there. While he didn't directly hint that our collective attitude might be seeping into the minds of the players, he kind of alluded to it. It's interesting because every time someone on here has either a "bad feeling" about an upcoming game or thinks they'll jinx the result, they're told that what they think or feel will have no impact on the players and the match overall. And I agree. Why would what we think as supporters have any influence on the team and the results? They have a job to do and they either get it done or they don't. I don't think our support at the games is bad either, or at least can never be any worse than City's or Chelsea's for instance, so I doubt that's a factor as well.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #158 on: November 10, 2018, 12:15:20 am »
I would imagine Keita will start seeing as though he sat on the bench on Tuesday so I imagine he is fit.

I can see Hendo also starlting and Shaq having had a week off will be fresh and raring and not needed so much defensively.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #159 on: November 10, 2018, 12:59:31 am »
Interesting words from Klopp there. While he didn't directly hint that our collective attitude might be seeping into the minds of the players, he kind of alluded to it. It's interesting because every time someone on here has either a "bad feeling" about an upcoming game or thinks they'll jinx the result, they're told that what they think or feel will have no impact on the players and the match overall. And I agree. Why would what we think as supporters have any influence on the team and the results? They have a job to do and they either get it done or they don't. I don't think our support at the games is bad either, or at least can never be any worse than City's or Chelsea's for instance, so I doubt that's a factor as well.

it clearly bothers the manager to the extent he feels it's a problem, otherwise he wouldn't mention it so much. He hasnt had to a lot over the last 2 seasons, but this seson he is having to again.  It's the impatience and also maybe the nervousness that is very evident at times that is the issue.  He feels fans do have an effect, be it positive or negative.  Wouldn't make a lot of sense if they didn't really!