Author Topic: Lionel Messi  (Read 923150 times)

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
Re: Lionel Messi
« Reply #7640 on: December 23, 2017, 02:40:08 pm »
Not bad for a wee fellah who is finished and who can use only his left foot, eh?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7641 on: December 23, 2017, 02:41:26 pm »
Not bad for a wee fellah who is finished and who can use only his left foot, eh?

What's Mo Salah got to do with this?

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7642 on: December 23, 2017, 04:33:21 pm »
Makes me laugh that Kane scored 50ish last season but some idiots think a peak (or when Noah Messi and Ronaldo wouldn’t be able to do it in the English league.

Yeah they'd be scoring goals two by two in each game

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7643 on: December 23, 2017, 05:18:21 pm »
goat

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7644 on: December 23, 2017, 05:29:59 pm »
Yeah they'd be scoring goals two by two in each game

;D
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7645 on: December 23, 2017, 07:32:43 pm »
Good point that mate - doable for Kane, that.

Kane on 53 goals in 49 games now. I was mistaken earlier though, he's only got 1 more game, not 2 (for some reason Spurs are involved in the only fixture not being playing on the weekend of the 30th/31st).

Just Fraser Forster standing between him and the record now....

Offline SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #7646 on: December 24, 2017, 01:52:00 pm »
Messi was brilliant yesterday. Scored a perfect 10 on whoscored.com

Even when he doesn't score from open play, he influences the game so much with his passing and playmaking abilities. Not sure how anyone can compare between him and any other player in the world.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7647 on: December 24, 2017, 01:54:26 pm »

Even when he doesn't score from open play, he influences the game so much with his passing and playmaking abilities. Not sure how anyone can compare between him and any other player in the world.

He played 9 key passes, that'd be a decent total over a few games for most players.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7648 on: December 24, 2017, 02:29:36 pm »
He played 9 key passes, that'd be a decent total over a few games for most players.

Did I see something about his boot having fallen off for one of them as well?
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7649 on: December 24, 2017, 02:32:32 pm »
Did I see something about his boot having fallen off for one of them as well?

Yep, he assisted the 3rd goal right at the end with only one boot on. Unreal  ;D

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7650 on: December 24, 2017, 05:07:01 pm »
Messi will be a masterful player in a few years when he drops deeper. His passing is next level!!!

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7651 on: December 24, 2017, 05:19:47 pm »
What I have always thought is that Messi can have a longer career than Ronaldo due to his ability to be a playmaker and create like he does.As he gets older, he will play in midfield but still be a vital player and dominating player with his vision and passing ability

Offline ElCapo

• Legacy Fan
  • Bayern Munich - Mia San Mia
« Reply #7652 on: December 24, 2017, 08:38:24 pm »

Maybe it was a little too early in the morning for me, but he didn't strike me as having an amazing match.  Was quiet in the first half and only started to do the damage in the second half.  Definitely worse than the previous Madrid classico when he dragged a worse Barcelona team against a well oiled Madrid team to victory (bloody mouth and all).

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7653 on: December 24, 2017, 08:40:47 pm »

How's his top staying rigidly upright there? Does he use a lot of starch when he irons, or is he using one of those fake magician hands to hold it up??

Offline ElCapo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7654 on: December 24, 2017, 08:43:21 pm »
How's his top staying rigidly upright there? Does he use a lot of starch when he irons, or is he using one of those fake magician hands to hold it up??

Think the photographer has snapped it a few milliseconds after his right hand releases it.

Such an iconic photo, love the little fella.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7655 on: December 24, 2017, 08:46:02 pm »
It's a pleasure to watch him play. I remember the first time I took notice of him and the first big game he had, against Chelsea at the bridge the year they won it under Riijkard.

Offline ElCapo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7656 on: December 24, 2017, 08:48:24 pm »
If Bayern don't win the CL, I'd love for Messi to do it - smashing oily PSG and City en route to the final. 

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7657 on: December 24, 2017, 08:54:39 pm »
It's a pleasure to watch him play. I remember the first time I took notice of him and the first big game he had, against Chelsea at the bridge the year they won it under Riijkard.

Was that the famous game Dinho did this in?

Don't remember Messi in that game! First time he really came to my attention was this cover

Think I'd heard of him a bit before but this really stood out.

EDIT - Sorry misread your post, thought you'd said the year before they won it. This wasn't the game you meant.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 08:56:28 pm by Xabi Gerrard »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7658 on: December 24, 2017, 08:56:50 pm »
If Bayern don't win the CL, I'd love for Messi to do it - smashing oily PSG and City en route to the final.

Mate this being the season of goodwill you should be saying if your Bayern don't win it  then you hope we win our 6th in Kiev.  :D

Offline ElCapo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7659 on: December 24, 2017, 09:18:41 pm »
Mate this being the season of goodwill you should be saying if your Bayern don't win it  then you hope we win our 6th in Kiev.  :D

You got it Samie, merry Xmas.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7660 on: December 24, 2017, 09:36:12 pm »
You too mate. And if we're out I don;t mind if you guy's win. The last Heynckes team was a beast.  ;D

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7661 on: December 24, 2017, 11:32:54 pm »
Was that the famous game Dinho did this in?

Don't remember Messi in that game! First time he really came to my attention was this cover

Think I'd heard of him a bit before but this really stood out.

EDIT - Sorry misread your post, thought you'd said the year before they won it. This wasn't the game you meant.

That was a brilliant moment in football by Dinho. I remember debating someone about Messi, they had claimed that he was better than Rooney at that point already [he had just played a couple of games]. I refuted it, foolishly  ;D

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7662 on: December 24, 2017, 11:33:51 pm »
Btw I think it was the game that Robben[I tink] got sent off for his tackle on Messi near the corner flag at the Bridge.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7663 on: December 24, 2017, 11:54:51 pm »
That was a brilliant moment in football by Dinho. I remember debating someone about Messi, they had claimed that he was better than Rooney at that point already [he had just played a couple of games]. I refuted it, foolishly  ;D

To be fair to you there was a period for a year or two when those two and Ronaldo were the bright young things of world football with not much between them. Most people thought they were all in a similar bracket.

No one knew it at the time but Rooney just peaked really really early and plateaued. Ronaldo exploded to another level in 2006/7 and kept getting better, Messi did the same not long after that. Poor Wazza was left behind just being a very good player whilst the other two went on to become legends of the game.

Seems silly of you in hindsight to compare them but it wasn't outlandish at all at the time.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 11:56:43 pm by Xabi Gerrard »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7664 on: December 25, 2017, 12:13:44 am »
To be fair to you there was a period for a year or two when those two and Ronaldo were the bright young things of world football with not much between them. Most people thought they were all in a similar bracket.

No one knew it at the time but Rooney just peaked really really early and plateaued. Ronaldo exploded to another level in 2006/7 and kept getting better, Messi did the same not long after that. Poor Wazza was left behind just being a very good player whilst the other two went on to become legends of the game.

Seems silly of you in hindsight to compare them but it wasn't outlandish at all at the time.

Cheers mate, yea Young Shrek really was influential at United during that time, which in the long run has cost him the longevity [and also his lack of professionalism, weight issues,etc. ]

Online Syntexity

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7665 on: December 25, 2017, 08:35:52 am »
Btw I think it was the game that Robben[I tink] got sent off for his tackle on Messi near the corner flag at the Bridge.

Was Del Horno (Had to look on youtube to get his name  ;D but knew it was their left back and not robben). He should have been sent off earlier after trying to decapitate Messi at the thigh. I remember it really clearly, he took the ball but followed through with with a straight leg hitting Messi in the thigh. On the red card by the corner it looked a bit harsh, but he was nowhere near the ball and just plunged into Messi. Felt like typical Mourinho tactics and antics, try to get a player hurt or at least kick him silly so he isn't up to his best.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7666 on: December 25, 2017, 08:37:43 am »
The moment I realised Messi was the real deal was when I watched Sunday Supplement one time.

Henry Winter was saying that Utd should go back in for Dinho. He said they had a guy called Messi so they could be willing to do business.

My initial thought was this boy must be something if they would be ready to get rid of Dinho.

The first full game I watched of his was against Chelsea
Beastly performance.

He is the GOAT.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7667 on: December 25, 2017, 04:44:20 pm »
Another fantastic display by Messi.  In truth, I hadn't seen him play as much recently but that honestly was just incredible.  9 key passes???

It's one thing to see the pass in the final third on TV or in the stadium, but it's another for the player to get his head up to see it and to play a perfectly weighted pass.

That pass to Suarez in the build-up to the penalty was perfect.  The one-touch pass to Semedo was also perfect.  It's so easy to time it wrong or to misplace the pass, but Messi time and time again gets it right.

The crazy thing is, that's not even one of his most memorable games, such is his excellence over the years.  Someone I saw somewhere said that was like a 8.5 out of 10 for Messi.  The response to that was "Yes, maybe by Messi standards.  However, if you judged every player on the pitch by that standard, no one would've gotten higher than a 2.0."

Sums it up.
King Kenny.

Offline ElCapo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7668 on: December 25, 2017, 07:15:22 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jJkbq2HX8w

Enjoy this, 25 mins of Messi dribbling at Bernabeu.

Apologies for the awful soundtrack

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7669 on: December 25, 2017, 08:48:29 pm »
There’s a stat going around from el clásico. Messi walked 83% of the time, jogged 11%, ran 5%, and sprinted 1%. Scored a goal, got an assist and created 9 chances.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #7670 on: January 7, 2018, 06:13:57 pm »
He is the best ever.

If only he would pass the ball more often or cut back instead of shooting all the time from relatively tight angles!

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7671 on: January 7, 2018, 06:29:32 pm »
There’s a stat going around from el clásico. Messi walked 83% of the time, jogged 11%, ran 5%, and sprinted 1%. Scored a goal, got an assist and created 9 chances.

Any stats going round for the average walk/jog/run/sprint breakdowns for players in that position? I have no idea if those Messi figures are out of the ordinary in any way!

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7672 on: January 7, 2018, 06:44:41 pm »
He is the best ever.

If only he would pass the ball more often or cut back instead of shooting all the time from relatively tight angles!

And let Suarez take the free kicks
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7673 on: January 7, 2018, 10:11:32 pm »
He is the best ever.

His peak is past it. I say this because when he scored 91 goals in a calendar year, he was "shooting all the time from relatively tight angles" and scoring. He must sometimes think he still has that in him, but yes, he is not THAT good any more.

He is the best ever though. Paulinho must love him. All those tap ins ;D

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7674 on: January 8, 2018, 05:47:49 am »
Good player but c*nt of a person.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hQHsvHJ_2Mw

I don't blame Neymar for leaving. Messi doesn't give two shits about managers.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline FCukBarca Haw-Haw

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7675 on: January 8, 2018, 08:12:04 am »
The best ever

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7676 on: January 8, 2018, 10:47:13 am »

Meow. I think only calling him a good player is a worse insult than calling him a c*nt of a person. How dare you!

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7677 on: January 8, 2018, 10:50:30 am »
His peak is past it. I say this because when he scored 91 goals in a calendar year, he was "shooting all the time from relatively tight angles" and scoring. He must sometimes think he still has that in him, but yes, he is not THAT good any more

He is the best ever though. Paulinho must love him. All those tap ins ;D
He's so good I feel sad in some strange way he's not as good as he was. It's like he's got to be good that good or the world just isn't right. :)
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #7678 on: January 8, 2018, 11:44:31 am »

The gift that keeps on giving.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7679 on: January 8, 2018, 12:10:53 pm »