Author Topic: Takumi Minamino  (Read 431126 times)

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Takumi Minamino
« Reply #440 on: December 23, 2019, 11:25:53 am »
Is the lad fit and ready? Do I recall correctly that he missed the last few games injured or was he just "injured"?

Bad back I heard 😉
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #441 on: December 23, 2019, 11:27:40 am »
There is a lad called Takumi
He's from the Rising Sun
And he'll be the ruin
Of many a ball boy
Like Dun-can Fer-guson.
Is your 2019 greatest hits nearly ready?
Will the lad want shirt 19 next season?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #442 on: December 23, 2019, 12:15:18 pm »
Is the lad fit and ready? Do I recall correctly that he missed the last few games injured or was he just "injured"?

They only played 1 more game after they played Liverpool, it's winter break there now. And no, he didn't feature. (And neither did Haaland).

It was reported as a thigh problem, I'm guessing it isn't serious!

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #443 on: December 23, 2019, 12:16:52 pm »
It was an "injury" not an injury.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #444 on: December 23, 2019, 12:41:18 pm »
They only played 1 more game after they played Liverpool, it's winter break there now. And no, he didn't feature. (And neither did Haaland).

It was reported as a thigh problem, I'm guessing it isn't serious!

probably kept out in order to not jeopardize his transfer. Its a common theme. Could have been something we asked for.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #445 on: December 23, 2019, 12:42:32 pm »
Given the ox situation. I think he may get some minutes sooner than expected, especially if he trains well, which by all accounts, he does. *Touch wood* it would be lovely if he gets a debut goal against the bitters to knock them out.

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #446 on: December 23, 2019, 01:54:17 pm »
Problem with Turning Japanese is that it’s a very racist song about someone who thinks they look Japanese when they narrow their eyes and bite their bottom lip while wanking.

So best not go there

The song I mean. Obviously nobody’s going to stop wanking.
Except for the fact that it wasn’t.

Offline PHIL.

• Anny Roader
  • Unbearable
« Reply #447 on: December 23, 2019, 01:58:55 pm »
Given the ox situation. I think he may get some minutes sooner than expected, especially if he trains well, which by all accounts, he does. *Touch wood* it would be lovely if he gets a debut goal against the bitters to knock them out.

True. However, he's already in good form and ready to go so I think he would have been given minutes either way.

Better for him to ride the crest of this wave at this point in the season.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #448 on: December 23, 2019, 02:12:58 pm »
Bad back I heard 😉

Cup tied anyway isn't he ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #449 on: December 23, 2019, 02:13:37 pm »
More info here: https://www.cracked.com/article_19454_5-famous-hidden-song-meanings-that-are-total-b.s..html

Thing is, the supposed ''real'' explanations for all those songs seem less likely then the ''myths''. I reckon there's definitely some pulling of plonkers going on somewhere
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #450 on: December 23, 2019, 02:47:23 pm »
Just for the awareness sake. For the past few weeks fans in certain parts of Asia, especially South Korea, have increasingly become wary that the so-called rising flags known to symbolize the Japanese imperialism and militarianism (much like Nazi's Hakenkreuz, imagine that being seen on any football pitch!) would be seen or promoted in Anfield without awareness of its implication.

And few days later, the official LFC website included an image of this flag. I know LFC can't be too heavily blamed for what is relatively unknown issue in the West, and not meaning to stir any political debate, I still thought this better be known especially around a global institution as Liverpool FC and they are more cautious in the near future, as just a day after they released what is viewed to some as a half-assed apology to fans, the official account yet "likes" a post with this flag on it again, causing much offence among Korean fans again.

"Meanwhile, on Saturday, Liverpool apologised to South Korean fans after using a thumbnail with the background of the Rising Sun flag to advertise a video, made available to members on the club's homepage, about the 1981 Intercontinental Cup final played between the club and Flamengo in Tokyo.

The old Japanese imperial flag is seen as a symbol of militarism and oppression in parts of Asia that suffered under Japanese occupation in the first half of the 20th century, especially in South Korea -- which was brutally colonised by its eastern neighbour from 1910 to 1945.

Yesterday we published an image on our channels that caused offence," Liverpool said in a statement that was visible only to those with South Korean IP addresses. "We took immediate action to rectify the error.

"We would like to apologise to anyone who may have been offended by the image."

As the apology was available to view only in South Korea, there have been calls by Korean fans for Liverpool to post the same statement on all their social media channels. The issue of the Rising Sun flag is still a source of tension in Japanese-Korean relations which has spread to the football pitch in the past.

In 2017, the Asian Football Confederation fined J.League club Kawasaki Frontale after the club's fans displayed the flag in a Champions League game at South Korea's Suwon Bluewings, referring to it as "a banner with a discriminatory symbol relating to national origin and political opinion."

Thanks for sharing, I hope the club is sensitive to this going forward.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #451 on: December 23, 2019, 02:57:32 pm »
Just for the awareness sake. For the past few weeks fans in certain parts of Asia, especially South Korea, have increasingly become wary that the so-called rising flags known to symbolize the Japanese imperialism and militarianism (much like Nazi's Hakenkreuz, imagine that being seen on any football pitch!) would be seen or promoted in Anfield without awareness of its implication.

And few days later, the official LFC website included an image of this flag. I know LFC can't be too heavily blamed for what is relatively unknown issue in the West, and not meaning to stir any political debate, I still thought this better be known especially around a global institution as Liverpool FC and they are more cautious in the near future, as just a day after they released what is viewed to some as a half-assed apology to fans, the official account yet "likes" a post with this flag on it again, causing much offence among Korean fans again.

"Meanwhile, on Saturday, Liverpool apologised to South Korean fans after using a thumbnail with the background of the Rising Sun flag to advertise a video, made available to members on the club's homepage, about the 1981 Intercontinental Cup final played between the club and Flamengo in Tokyo.

The old Japanese imperial flag is seen as a symbol of militarism and oppression in parts of Asia that suffered under Japanese occupation in the first half of the 20th century, especially in South Korea -- which was brutally colonised by its eastern neighbour from 1910 to 1945.

Yesterday we published an image on our channels that caused offence," Liverpool said in a statement that was visible only to those with South Korean IP addresses. "We took immediate action to rectify the error.

As the apology was available to view only in South Korea, there have been calls by Korean fans for Liverpool to post the same statement on all their social media channels. The issue of the Rising Sun flag is still a source of tension in Japanese-Korean relations which has spread to the football pitch in the past.

In 2017, the Asian Football Confederation fined J.League club Kawasaki Frontale after the club's fans displayed the flag in a Champions League game at South Korea's Suwon Bluewings, referring to it as "a banner with a discriminatory symbol relating to national origin and political opinion."

Hmmm the Japanese flag itself is an insult for the koreans? That's quite dumb if you ask me.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #452 on: December 23, 2019, 03:03:30 pm »
The rising sun flag is quite different to the Japanese flag

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #453 on: December 23, 2019, 03:07:34 pm »
Hmmm the Japanese flag itself is an insult for the koreans? That's quite dumb if you ask me.
Just the rising sun

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #454 on: December 23, 2019, 03:12:27 pm »
Not the modern Japanese flag, the old Imperial Rising Sun. Perhaps learn some facts before calling people dumb?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #455 on: December 23, 2019, 03:29:27 pm »

Do you know what irony means?
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #456 on: December 23, 2019, 05:15:07 pm »
Not the modern Japanese flag, the old Imperial Rising Sun.
Live and learn eh!

Had no idea that there was an old and new one - only know the red disc one.

Also had no idea that there was still enmity between S Korea and Japan.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #457 on: December 23, 2019, 05:19:43 pm »

Thanks for sharing.

Any idea why the rising sun would even be used anywhere if it's no longer the official flag?

I can empathise - there are similar reactions here to the old South African flag too

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #458 on: December 23, 2019, 05:51:58 pm »
Thanks for sharing.

Any idea why the rising sun would even be used anywhere if it's no longer the official flag?

I can empathise - there are similar reactions here to the old South African flag too

Just a quick google of 'Japanese Flag' and it's the 4th picture on the image search and comes up as a suggested option on the main search page.

Could just have been a case of someone using it and not knowing the connotations until made aware, pretty easy mistake to make, I'd have done the same before being educated with the above post.

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #459 on: December 23, 2019, 05:57:50 pm »
yeah the imperial japanese flag is a tremendously sensitive topic in pretty much every asian country that suffered from Japanese occupation. But it's also a not very well known topic in the west, so I can understand how whoever IT/PR guy that did it fucked up. Good that the club apologized.

In any case, nicked this off a youtube comment for a song:

"Gini, Mina, Mane, Mo
Hendo, Milly, Firmino
Matip, Virgil, Trent, Robbo
Gomez, Alli, on we go!"

Offline ErieRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #460 on: December 23, 2019, 06:08:35 pm »
Live and learn eh!

When I was teaching in Korea in 1996 a college student told me that he couldn't wait to reunite with North Korea.  When asked why, he said, "Because then we'll have the largest army in Asia and we can make Japan apologize!!

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #461 on: December 23, 2019, 06:20:05 pm »

Quite right it's about love and angst. I expect we will have lots of the former and none of the latter.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #462 on: December 23, 2019, 06:23:56 pm »
Live and learn eh!

Same here.

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #463 on: December 23, 2019, 06:25:56 pm »
Live and learn eh!

https://www.pewresearch.org/global/2018/11/12/countries-views-of-japan-abe-japanese-views-of-china/ It’s still there.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #464 on: December 23, 2019, 06:26:32 pm »
Not the modern Japanese flag, the old Imperial Rising Sun. Perhaps learn some facts before calling people dumb?

I just learned that in this very thread.

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #465 on: December 23, 2019, 06:28:39 pm »
Then

Now

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #466 on: December 23, 2019, 06:54:52 pm »
Ta re the flag.

Is it OK to note it and move on?
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #467 on: December 23, 2019, 07:12:49 pm »
Ta re the flag.

Offline red_bird

• Main Stander
« Reply #468 on: December 23, 2019, 07:16:52 pm »

it's a very good and thoughtful message, nicely and carefully put together and after thoroughly research.
Being a chinese, i can't speak on behalf of every chinese liverpool fan, and not trying to make this issue over-political, but for the majorities this would be an obvious issue if someone displays such flag in public, as it is viewed as a symbol of the Japanese militarism under normal circumstance.
Also because of the sensitive nature, i doubt we would see this happening often though.
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #469 on: December 23, 2019, 08:18:18 pm »
Ta re the flag.

2000 word essay on your cultural insensitivity, then we move on.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #470 on: December 23, 2019, 08:34:38 pm »
Live and learn eh!

Japan occupied Korea for 35, that's right, 35 years, 1910-1945. During that time they raped, murdered and pillaged; you know standard imperial/colonial type stuff. And at present the Japanese government and culture doesn't really own up to it. Mainly older Koreans are still understandably upset.

Funny enough, the rising sun flag is also upsetting to ww2 generation Americans, particularly those who served in the pacific. Personally, it doesn't bother me, but I didn't have to do the Bataan death march and watch my buddies get their heads chopped off with samurai swords, so I can understand.  History is a funny thing.

I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #471 on: December 23, 2019, 08:40:34 pm »
Well it's not like that in Europe is it, we've forgotten all about that war stuff and live together in a big family that guarantees our peace and security and economic wellbeing.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Online Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #472 on: December 23, 2019, 08:44:37 pm »
Ta re the flag.

Vexatious vexillology can be vexing  8)

Back to our new godzilla, and the monster of a season he's gonna have

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #473 on: December 23, 2019, 08:50:55 pm »

Back to our new godzilla, and the monster of a season he's gonna have

Absolutely. Was laughing when a pundit on NBC was saying this was the type of signing Southampton would do and then sell on to us in 2 years for 50 million+ . So we have cut out the middleman! Condolences to Southhampton...
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Online Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #474 on: December 23, 2019, 08:53:54 pm »
Absolutely. Was laughing when a pundit on NBC was saying this was the type of signing Southampton would do and then sell on to us in 2 years for 50 million+ . So we have cut out the middleman! Condolences to Southhampton...
Ha yes, sorry Saints, we've decided to shop wholesale this time
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 08:57:10 pm by Ghost of Xmas Futureville »

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #475 on: December 23, 2019, 08:54:17 pm »
Didn't know that. TBF on his day he was a real handful

Yeah, he battered Carra at St Marys and scored too.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #476 on: December 23, 2019, 09:02:22 pm »
it's a very good and thoughtful message, nicely and carefully put together and after thoroughly research.
Being a chinese, i can't speak on behalf of every chinese liverpool fan, and not trying to make this issue over-political, but for the majorities this would be an obvious issue if someone displays such flag in public, as it is viewed as a symbol of the Japanese militarism under normal circumstance.
Also because of the sensitive nature, i doubt we would see this happening often though.

The Japanese are really into the Cherry Blossoms and I believe China and Korea amongst others also celebrate them. Would banners with blossoms on be seen as quite neutral?
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #477 on: December 23, 2019, 09:06:09 pm »
Why don't we sacrifice a fucking big whale before every game.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Dave Mc

• Legacy Fan
  • I 'll be back for breakfast
« Reply #478 on: December 23, 2019, 09:14:40 pm »
2000 word essay on your cultural insensitivity, then we move on.

Yeah, it's in the past. If they still used it would be like Britain still using the Union Jack. Could you imagine?

:)
Mark Noble is a shithouse!! - Phil M, 5/3/08

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #479 on: December 23, 2019, 09:38:46 pm »
Why don't we sacrifice a fucking big whale before every game.

How do we trick Charlie Adam into being welcome back at Anfield though?