Author Topic: Half time: Watford 0-0 Liverpool  (Read 5465 times)

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
Re: Half time: Watford 0-0 Liverpool
« Reply #80 on: November 24, 2018, 03:56:07 pm »
Lucky to not be behind really. Don't know why we aren't just playing Shaqiri in the middle. Trent has been abysmal.

He probably wouldn't be playing if Gomez wasn't injured. Hopefully he can step up in the second half.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: November 24, 2018, 03:56:27 pm »
If Klopp knew how to break the bus, his team would cruise for a win.    Struggling to find a way, I'm afraid.

We've beaten every non-top 6 team we've played this year. Not even City have done that. Let's wait to the end before declaring that Klopp doesn't know how to beat them.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #82 on: November 24, 2018, 03:56:55 pm »
Boring first 40 odd minutes, livened up a bit the last 5 minutes. Struggle to see where we'll break these down in the 2nd half, Shaqiri has looked good but we could do with a set piece in a promising position. Need something from the front 3 and soon.

Fucking come on reds
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Kansti

• Legacy Fan
  • Stargazer
« Reply #83 on: November 24, 2018, 03:57:00 pm »
Shit show of a half

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #84 on: November 24, 2018, 03:57:05 pm »
Not one to badmouth players but agree with this. He passed back on numerous occasions when he obviously had time to turn and assess his options. Frustrating.

Compare with Gini who does use his body to shield the ball and turn. Henderson passes back far too often.
#JFT97

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #85 on: November 24, 2018, 03:57:09 pm »
We have more than enough to beat these but it's so frustrating to see four class attacking players starved of any imaginative play behind them. Only Shaqiri seems able to offer something approaching ingenuity. Playing Henderson and Wjnaldum together is such a waste as they hover around the middle playing easy passes, which end up with a long ball for Salah to chase. Keita and Fabinho on at some point please.

Offline buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: November 24, 2018, 03:57:25 pm »
Someone might be able to pin point exactly what’s wrong, but we look so poor. Our midfield yet again looks slow, side passing and non threatening bar Shaqiri. Trent doesn’t offer much and Robertson’s crosses might be a bit off but at least he’s trying something.

We had this exact same problem last year. Teams are playing 11 men behind the ball, it's nothing new. We struggled last year too and we are not City who have loads of creativity.

Long afternoon ahead.

Offline JovaJova

• Advises you to avoid premature Jovaculation.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: November 24, 2018, 03:57:42 pm »
I think Klopp has to take responsibility for the performances to be honest. We aren't pressing like we did, whether that's because we've changed something or the opposition aren't giving us anything to press I'm not sure but that was one of the key things, that was our player maker. We can't counter and we can't press space if the space isn't there.

Take responsibility for being undefeated ?

Watford are a strong side. Not sure why you expect this to be an easier game. We are dominating it regardless.
You said, I think I'm like Tennessee Williams, I wait for the click, I wait but it doesn't kick in

Offline Gray Hamster

• Not bong eyed but quite fond of little furry things.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: November 24, 2018, 03:57:42 pm »
1 min of extra time? Right oh.
To be honest mate, should have been 4 or 5 mins injury time. This exact bullshite is what encourages players to go down and stay down,  or time waste in the first half of matches because refs never add it back on.

It's almost like refs have been told, don't add on too much time in first halves because it fecks around with schedules, adverts etc. It's a joke now, really is

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: November 24, 2018, 03:57:56 pm »
I think Moss decided not being American isn't going to stop him celebrating Thanksgiving. Looks like he is still feeling the effects of triple helpings of fried turkey, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, gravy and two servings of pumpkin pie...
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #90 on: November 24, 2018, 03:58:11 pm »
To be expected when a team parks the bus. It'll come

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #91 on: November 24, 2018, 03:58:16 pm »
It's not garbage. Watford are the home team and are still parking the bus and just waiting to pounce on the counter or a set piece. They hardly give away any chances in their games this season. It's difficult to break that down(unless you're as good as City, and noone else is). We've had chances and i think we'll get more.

Shaqiri's balls in behind are the way we'll get in. We could also do with a long range worldie but they seem few and far between this season.

Good post, Klopp mentioned the fact that Watford were not giving many chances away at home. We have still created three chances this half, which is better than most of the rest of the league have managed here. We should have more chances in the second half we just have to make sure we take them.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: November 24, 2018, 03:58:27 pm »
I think Klopp has to take responsibility for the performances to be honest. We aren't pressing like we did,

How can we press against a team setup like this? They're parking the bus AT HOME. There's nothing to press.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline Syntexity

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: November 24, 2018, 03:58:33 pm »
Salah up front and firmino behind is just not working, it hasnt worked and doesnt look like working, so why dont we continue with that... not a bad half, but not good either. Its just all too static. Shaq was quite good, but not really much positive from anyone else.

And we have looked worse in second halfs this season than the first halfs... Just want to see us get out all that potential we have and this second half is really the perfect time to do it.

Offline Xabi_14_Alonso

• Main Stander
« Reply #94 on: November 24, 2018, 03:58:36 pm »
#bringbackBuvac

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #95 on: November 24, 2018, 03:58:55 pm »
Fucking state of this thread, called it in the pre-match thread.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline ElMagico

• hato with a rabbito. Abrocadabro!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: November 24, 2018, 03:59:07 pm »
He probably wouldn't be playing if Gomez wasn't injured. Hopefully he can step up in the second half.

He has been awful the past few games.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: November 24, 2018, 03:59:16 pm »
I think Moss decided not being American isn't going to stop him celebrating Thanksgiving. Looks like he is still feeling the effects of triple helpings of fried turkey, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, gravy and two servings of pumpkin pie...

Nothing to do with Thanksgiving. That’s just what Jon Moss calls a light breakfast.

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #98 on: November 24, 2018, 03:59:57 pm »
Please leave in depth comments then at HT so I can read them  ;D
No goals :/

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: November 24, 2018, 04:00:07 pm »
Lucky to not be behind really. Don't know why we aren't just playing Shaqiri in the middle. Trent has been abysmal.

Er no... We've had three chances to their one chance, the early chance was offside.

Offline Eliit

• Kopite
« Reply #100 on: November 24, 2018, 04:00:36 pm »
Watching these City goals wondering why teams play like utter twats against them. Scared to attack, scared to track runners, allow them to slide the ball across the 6-yard box for a tap in.

Is this serious post? City have just been way better than us this season offensively.

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
« Reply #101 on: November 24, 2018, 04:01:12 pm »
0-0 at half time against a team that is parking the bus like their lives depended on it.

There are still 45 minutes to go, let's keep on banging till they break. Onwards and upwards.

PS. Stop banging about City did this and City did that, they can go to fuck for all I care, I just want my team to keep on winning.
PS2. Those calling for Klopp to take responsibility, do fuck off too.... Best start of the league ever, STFU
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Offline davidlpool1982

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: November 24, 2018, 04:01:13 pm »
Credit to Watford, they have a plan and have stuck to it really well.

We've been ponderous on the ball, in the very first minute you could hear Klopp shout Movement and it took til 40 mins to get any. Salah is wasted as a 9, his out to in runs last season were so good and well timed, he created space for himself. Now he has to CB who can see him all game.

Jon Moss is a joke when it comes to adding time on. 1 minute when that lad was down for 3 alone. Also the amount of little shitty, niggly time wasting from Watford should have added a couple. Every time we get a throw or free  kick, players know they get booked for kicking the ball away so they pick the ball up, walk away with it for a few steps and then throw it over our players head to eat more time. Because its technically not kicking the ball away, nothing happens about it. Pisses me right off.

Offline cricketrocks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: November 24, 2018, 04:01:17 pm »
#bringbackBuvac
I'd rather have Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: November 24, 2018, 04:01:37 pm »
Fucking state of this thread, called it in the pre-match thread.

Good on you Nostradamus, have a cookie.

Offline jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: November 24, 2018, 04:01:52 pm »
We miss the ox. Midfield not really doing a lot. The cube playing well as always, front three coming into it last 10 mins. 0-2 final score. We got this

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: November 24, 2018, 04:02:22 pm »
Push the tempo.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: November 24, 2018, 04:04:25 pm »
0-0 at half time against a team that is parking the bus like their lives depended on it.

There are still 45 minutes to go, let's keep on banging till they break. Onwards and upwards.

PS. Stop banging about City did this and City did that, they can go to fuck for all I care, I just want my team to keep on winning.
PS2. Those calling for Klopp to take responsibility, do fuck off too.... Best start of the league ever, STFU

Great post.  :wave

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: November 24, 2018, 04:05:59 pm »
Is this serious post? City have just been way better than us this season offensively.
I wasn't saying otherwise.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: November 24, 2018, 04:07:33 pm »

I couldn't give an damn about City and our fans need to stop going on about them.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #110 on: November 24, 2018, 04:57:00 pm »
Good on you Nostradamus, have a cookie.

Don't need the cookie I'll take the three points. Learn to enjoy life.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: November 24, 2018, 04:58:06 pm »
I am enjoying everything.
Just not getting my kicks from cheap 'I told you so's'.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: November 24, 2018, 05:00:16 pm »
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: November 24, 2018, 05:17:24 pm »
Haha, dick!  :wave

I'm happy to see us win but early on I was not enjoying it!

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #114 on: November 24, 2018, 05:22:49 pm »
I'm happy to see us win but early on I was not enjoying it!

Only sing when we’re winning  :)

It’s the only sensible way
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.