Author Topic: United 3-1 Liverpool FT  (Read 198583 times)

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: United 3-1 Liverpool FT
« Reply #400 on: September 12, 2015, 07:43:50 pm »
It's sad. Posters who'd usually come in here in a few hours and tell everyone to wind their neck in are calling for his head too. Nobody can defend this, he's done nothing to warrant more time. The sad thing is, after the massive show of support in the summer, he's not going anywhere for a few months at least, which will set us back further.

Offline Big Bamber

• Having a lovely time, living the best time of his life
  • Kopite
  • The Dude Abides
« Reply #401 on: September 12, 2015, 07:43:51 pm »
Rodgers has left himself and his supporters (myself included) with no ammo to defend him now. Grim.

Offline Loo Pan

• Lower Cooker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Heavy Metal Football
« Reply #402 on: September 12, 2015, 07:43:57 pm »
But isn't the frustrating thing that he's so inconsistent? He hasn't used the same style two seasons in a row. It's utterly confusing. What he talks and what he implements don't match up at all. At least in his first season we could see what he was trying whether we agreed with it or not. This year? I have no clue.

He's making it up as he goes along.

It's been apparent since we started to struggle early last year.

To be honest, it was probably apparent even before then with how we quickly changed our style after the first few months he was here.

This is just the latest stage in Brendan's experiments.

He doesn't have a clear vision, and we don't have a clear identity,

Offline EmotionalCitrus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #403 on: September 12, 2015, 07:44:05 pm »
Had a chance to sack him in the summer and get a fresh start, but no lets ruin another season. FSG are as clueless as the manager.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #404 on: September 12, 2015, 07:44:11 pm »
I blame Colin Pascoe
His twat of a son is loving it on twitter.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: September 12, 2015, 07:44:11 pm »
3 matches in a row we have had our arses handed to us by Man Utd. Crap. Spend most of the time saying how shit they are and then 18 months of football getting twatted by them.

Online HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #406 on: September 12, 2015, 07:44:17 pm »
I honestly think fsg will give him more time and the saddest thing is they're only delaying the inevitable. Last summer I said he should be given another season but truth be told I now think we should have pulled the trigger and started the season with a clean slate.

We have no identity and I don't know what Rodgers is trying to do 4 seasons in. :(

Offline n00bert

• Legacy Fan
  • Born a Red, die a Red. 4-2-3-1 Ultra. DM sceptic.
« Reply #407 on: September 12, 2015, 07:44:34 pm »
Thing I'm most upset about is how we set up, but I think if I'm being completely honest, I would have taken a dour, ground out point.

I'm just trying to figure out what's wrong with our defence, and unfortunately I think it's as simple as it being that we don't have very good defenders. Skrtel allowed Martial to just back him into the box then stuck out a token foot.

Joe Gomez is capable of being a good player one day and I think he showed a bit more purpose in the second half but fuck, that was a horribly stupid penalty to give away.

Look when we had a go we looked OK. Benteke could have had one more, Firmino could and really should have had one. I think, funnily enough, that we created the better chances from open play yet we lost 3-1.

That first half was absolutely fucking dire. How many times did we just concede possession? Just lump it up to Benteke, or just fucking head the ball into touch or back to an opponent when not under any pressure?

Fucking fuckity fuck. I hate losing to these c*nts.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: September 12, 2015, 07:44:38 pm »
Milner was equally as bad

True, but we've seen Milner can thrive in the right system.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Carly

• Rafa Obsessive. Wales Rugby Union fan. Defianately!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #409 on: September 12, 2015, 07:44:44 pm »
Kit man's next to go!

Na the tea lady is shitting herself.

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: September 12, 2015, 07:44:44 pm »
The 2nd place title run was a steamy affair, but if you take that out and give it to Suarez, what does that leave Rodgers with?
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline Franck Le Poof

• Blonde transvestite who is utterly haunted by the idea of sitting in other mens piss. Has ticked the box for no publicity ;)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: September 12, 2015, 07:44:45 pm »
10 men behind the ball when the opposition start Marouane Fellaini up front. We gave them all the impetus from the first minute.

It's no surprise that the only two times we got forward with numbers we actually looked like having goalscoring opportunities.
Whenever I meet a French girl I kiss her on both cheeks. Then I stand up and say hello

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #412 on: September 12, 2015, 07:45:03 pm »
Man U away is a 'bonus game' for me. Thus, points are a bit of a bonus. That said, I want to see some progress. I want to see us get better. By now we should be ready to play these kinds of games.

Ancelotti please....although he may not like the current rudderless structure at the club.

If we are going to change, he'd be my choice.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Salford - crime capital of England
« Reply #413 on: September 12, 2015, 07:45:04 pm »
As for their fans, just a vile, vile bunch. Disappointing to hear some of ours react, but it was always going to happen as they're like a bully in the school yard who will constantly poke and poke away but go running to the teacher when their target hits back.

What did the vermin sing or do?
"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second." Bob Paisley

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #414 on: September 12, 2015, 07:45:05 pm »
3 goals in 5 games and one was an own goal I believe. We are not creating nearly enough chances. Worrying.

two goal of the season contenders and one offside goal that should have been disallowed, too

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #415 on: September 12, 2015, 07:45:07 pm »
We don't have any tactical philosophy. It's been 3+ years now! He should have instilled a tactical identity by now. He keeps repeating that - patience to adopt his philosophy - time and time and time and time and time again. But his actions: buying 20+ players and shipping out 20+ players does NOT support that statement at all. Really frustrated by what he wants to accomplish. Been a severe critic since day 1 - you don't become manager of Liverpool if you have not won anything of note. Happened with Hodgson, now happening with Rodgers.
If Rodgers would have been as big of a douche as Hodgson he would have been long gone. Football-wise it's not much better, and Rodgers budget is enormous.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #416 on: September 12, 2015, 07:45:08 pm »
The best managers get the most out of their players. Especially the limited ones.

Who are we getting the best out of in our squad?

Until West Ham, I would have said Joe Gomez, but your point is well taken
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #417 on: September 12, 2015, 07:45:23 pm »
Nah, hiring Klopp is way to obvious. He's been dropping hints as well.

What hints?? Don't get my fucking hopes up..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline hollger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #418 on: September 12, 2015, 07:45:25 pm »
Remember Tom Werner:

"In Brendan we have acquired a very exciting and talented and young manager. He's a forward-thinking coach at the forefront of a generation of young managers and will bring to Liverpool attacking, relentless football."

Or this - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27149695 ?

What the hell was that first half? Why are we going to a poor Man Utd and attempting to park a bus? We can't defend properly so why even try? To not even attack them and just sit off? Why are we playing a forward in Danny Ings on the left wing and Firminho, also not a winger, on the right wing in a 4-3-3 when a diamond and 2 up top suits the personnel way better?

I'm sorry, but that was abysmal today.

Offline skooma

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our change into rain is no change at all.
« Reply #419 on: September 12, 2015, 07:45:27 pm »
To add one positive post amidst the many negative ones; Benteke's goal has to be one of the best we've ever scored at that ground if I'm not mistaken.

I'd also like to add a positive: Our away kits are smashing. I usually only like the home kit because red, but the away kit this year is so fresh and good looking.

Offline Michel

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #420 on: September 12, 2015, 07:45:35 pm »
True, but we've seen Milner can thrive in the right system.

Playing in the wing that is.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #421 on: September 12, 2015, 07:45:48 pm »
I blame Colin Pascoe

His idiot son was taking the piss out of us on Twitter before.

Offline Carly

• Rafa Obsessive. Wales Rugby Union fan. Defianately!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: September 12, 2015, 07:45:48 pm »
If we dont sack him we have no hope this season.  Replace him and this season can still be rescued.   A certain well known German wanted both Benteke and Firmino at Dortmund.....

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #423 on: September 12, 2015, 07:46:24 pm »
Starting to become resigned to this drivel now. Poor manager and owners with no real ambition. Where do we go from here? Worst of it is that some of our own are still content with how the club is run. Head meet wall.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: September 12, 2015, 07:46:31 pm »
In Swahili that was takataka (rubbish)
I have a Swahili name. ;D

But anyway Great goal from Benteke.

Like someone said a few pages back,time to get Klopp before those plastics do in London.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline QC

• rawks Lionel Hutz, ambulance chaser.Sucks up to the wrong type of Mod.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: September 12, 2015, 07:46:51 pm »
What hints?? Don't get my fucking hopes up..

He said:

"It doesn't have to be an absolute top club. There are other good projects that are exciting and [clubs] who need help."

And his agent said:

"We do not only think about the top four because there are some other great clubs below them [...] If he goes into a stadium, feels the energy and thinks that he can make a difference here"

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #426 on: September 12, 2015, 07:46:53 pm »
Until West Ham, I would have said Joe Gomez, but your point is well taken

harsh on gomez. Kid thrown into the furnace. Rodgers for some reason has started the season without a senior left back he actually likes.
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: September 12, 2015, 07:47:11 pm »
Hilarious how he tried to shut up shop and it predictably went to hell in a handbasket.

Who tries to park the bus with the unholy trinity at the back??

Offline RedRabbit

• Rampant but without the batteries.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • این نیز بگذرد
« Reply #428 on: September 12, 2015, 07:47:17 pm »
I understand people saying they're not even arsed, but we really should be livid. That was embarrassing.

It did feel different this time though.  No Gerrard, no  Carragher. Just a  bunch of paid people to do a job, (yeah I know that's what it always was, but....). The resulting situation falls on those who motivate them. We are lacking.

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: September 12, 2015, 07:47:17 pm »
Lovren & skrtel are both crap . I'd rather have toure & sakho.

Then they'd come in and be just as shambolic and we'd call for Lovren and Skrtel to come back in to shore up the defense.

What a mess.

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #430 on: September 12, 2015, 07:47:18 pm »
Argh didn't think of that.

Chelsea need to get some wins under their belt.

I actually think JK would want us over that option ......sadly we will probably persevere

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #431 on: September 12, 2015, 07:47:18 pm »
Jurgen Klopp is available. That's a pretty tempting offer for me. Unfortunately, I've lost faith in Rodgers. That Utd team is one of their worst and we went there with no ambition. Pure shite
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline SwissV

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: September 12, 2015, 07:47:24 pm »
Mark it down as the day Rodgers lost me. Tempted to take a month off Liverpool if were going to approach games like that.

Me too  :-[

Origi will be our Lawendowski , quote me

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #433 on: September 12, 2015, 07:47:39 pm »
Remember Tom Werner:

Or this - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27149695 ?

What the hell was that first half? Why are we going to a poor Man Utd and attempting to park a bus? We can't defend properly so why even try? To not even attack them and just sit off? Why are we playing a forward in Danny Ings on the left wing and Firminho, also not a winger, on the right wing in a 4-3-3 when a diamond and 2 up top suits the personnel way better?

I'm sorry, but that was abysmal today.

We can't even park a bus   :hally :lmao
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline GIPPO77

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #434 on: September 12, 2015, 07:47:43 pm »
Played like a team of misfits,with no passion or leadership.
YNWA

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #435 on: September 12, 2015, 07:47:45 pm »
We're just a striker away from challenging again... ;D

Offline EmotionalCitrus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #436 on: September 12, 2015, 07:47:54 pm »
Don't get your hopes up about Klopp, that makes too much sense for Liverpool. We'll end up with Gary Monk.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #437 on: September 12, 2015, 07:47:57 pm »
The manager should have gone immediately after that dogs-arse season and humiliation at Stoke....we're now seeing the result of sticking with him....game's up....ship sailed....cat's in the bag and the bag's in the river...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline XabiAlonsosBeard

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: September 12, 2015, 07:47:58 pm »
What did the vermin sing or do?

Their usual repertoire.

Murderers (after 10 seconds)
We won it 3 times....
The S*n was right, you're murderer's.

Some definite, audible Munich responses. Disappointing. But, as said earlier, I think people had enough.
Justice for the 96.

Loves a missed penalty!

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #439 on: September 12, 2015, 07:48:15 pm »
It's all your fault Balotelli!