Author Topic: MATCH PREVIEW - Liverpool v Manchester City - 10 March 2024, 15:45 - Sky Sports  (Read 27189 times)

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
who's the second? szobo?

either way, in the five sub era I dont think that'll be too big a concern. assuming salah is in the matchday squad, he's playing at some time and he's not playing 90 minutes - so he's already guaranteed to be one of our five subs (and szobo highly likely to be another)are you genuinely just hearing for the first time that people returning from injuries have to have the fitness (minutes) monitored and managed? there's probably some good resources out there that you can google, if your question is sincere

Here you are again with your lovely manner.

They aren’t risks though if they are back though are they ? If they are fit then they will start.
« Last Edit: March 9, 2024, 05:03:46 pm by Nick110581 »
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Here you are again with your lovely manner.
here you are again for the second time in a row projecting what you're doing onto me!

if you don't like people replying in the same tone as you, don't make posts in that tone i guess

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
who's the second? szobo?

either way, in the five sub era I dont think that'll be too big a concern. assuming salah is in the matchday squad, he's playing at some time and he's not playing 90 minutes - so he's already guaranteed to be one of our five subs (and szobo highly likely to be another)are you genuinely just hearing for the first time that people returning from injuries have to have the fitness (minutes) monitored and managed? there's probably some good resources out there that you can google, if your question is sincere

Yeah Szoboszlai. I know we have the subs but it feels just another element the manager can do without. Also if they both start to tire then that could be a period of time in the game that City can take advantage.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
How are they risks ?

We still dont know how they react to a full intensity game. Plus we can make a guess that neither are 90 minute players at the moment.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Yeah Szoboszlai. I know we have the subs but it feels just another element the manager can do without. Also if they both start to tire then that could be a period of time in the game that City can take advantage.

But you don’t want to chase the game.

Let’s start our strongest side. They have both had minutes.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
yeah the subs number is fine but i guess the risk for any player who is earmarked for maximum 45 minutes would be using up one of our three substitute occasions in the first half

seems like Szobo is ahead in his return, so probably can do more minutes than Mo - so instead of subbing both of them off at the same time, Gakpo can come on for Mo earlier, then settle in before Elliot/Endo come on for Szoboslai

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
yeah the subs number is fine but i guess the risk for any player who is earmarked for maximum 45 minutes would be using up one of our three substitute occasions in the first half

seems like Szobo is ahead in his return, so probably can do more minutes than Mo - so instead of subbing both of them off at the same time, Gakpo can come on for Mo earlier, then settle in before Elliot/Endo come on for Szoboslai

I had Szoboszlai and Gakpo for 55-60 minutes and then the energy of Salah and Elliott from 55-60 as a pre programmed sub.

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Absolutely no chance of Endo starting on the bench and I mean non.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
But you don’t want to chase the game.

Let’s start our strongest side. They have both had minutes.

Problem is that this game is going to be ‘live’ for the full 90 minutes, unless something truly mad happens and in that scenario i do want some of our strongest players on the field at that point.

You have to factor in that it isnt long that Nunez has been back from injury as well and will need some element of protection. I dont want to be into the last 10 minutes without him and Salah.

If Jones was fit then there was even a scenario where Szobozslai starts on the bench as well.
« Last Edit: March 9, 2024, 05:17:17 pm by killer-heels »

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
I had Szoboszlai and Gakpo for 55-60 minutes and then the energy of Salah and Elliott from 55-60 as a pre programmed sub.

Gakpo has played so much football recently, isn’t a right sided attacker and also not been playing that well.

You could start Dom further forward and Elliott in midfield.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Problem is that this game is going to be ‘live’ for the full 90 minutes, unless something truly mad happens and in that scenario i do want some of our strongest players on the field at that point.

You have to factor in that it isnt long that Nunez has been back from injury as well and will need some element of protection. I dont want to be into the last 10 minutes without him and Salah.

If Jones was fit then there was even a scenario where Szobozslai starts on the bench as well.

I completely get your point.

It could be cagey to begin with so starting without Mo could work but I also think we could have a mad start like we have done before against them.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
Gakpo has played so much football recently, isn’t a right sided attacker and also not been playing that well.

You could start Dom further forward and Elliott in midfield.

Yes but we cant ignore the fitness of players. Lets not forget that Nunez is not long back from an injury as well and i dont want it to be 80 on the clock and we have neither him or Salah on the field.

The problem is quite simply that its very likely that neither Salah, Nunez and Szobozslai have 90 minutes each in them. If that is the case (only the coaches know this), then i dont believe we can start all 3.
« Last Edit: March 9, 2024, 05:21:32 pm by killer-heels »

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
Think the team will be Kelleher, Bradley, Van Dijk, Gomez, Robertson, Szobozlai, Endo, Mac Allister, Salah, Nunez, Diaz

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Yes but we cant ignore the fitness of players. Lets not forget that Nunez is not long back from an injury as well and i dont want it to be 80 on the clock and we have neither him or Salah on the field.

If we start our strongest side then the options off bench are limited. Elliott, Gakpo and Kostas as the senior players?

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Absolutely no chance of Endo starting on the bench and I mean non.
very confident there's zero chance! how about a little donation to charity/RAWK if he does?
If we start our strongest side then the options off bench are limited. Elliott, Gakpo and Kostas as the senior players?
plus Robertson (or Gomez, if you don't think he's starting LB) and then Clark, who's the closest to a senior player of the young subs
« Last Edit: March 9, 2024, 05:24:54 pm by classycarra »

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Considering our injury situation, it may be a better to leave Salah on the bench and hold the fort until then. Bring him in for 30-40 min. It can be his game at the death, running wild at their defense. I also want Gomez as LB (can switch him later). If we neutralize Fodden (Gomez), Dom or Macca getting in the face of Rodri, close the channels to De Bruyne, we'd be quite alright.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Considering our injury situation, it may be a better to leave Salah on the bench and hold the fort until then. Bring him in for 30-40 min. It can be his game at the death, running wild at their defense. I also want Gomez as LB (can switch him later). If we neutralize Fodden (Gomez), Dom or Macca getting in the face of Rodri, close the channels to De Bruyne, we'd be quite alright.

But who plays right wing ?

Could we play a 4-4-2 with the players we have and Diaz up top with Nunez?

Konate being fit would certainly help.
« Last Edit: March 9, 2024, 05:29:52 pm by Nick110581 »

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
But who plays right wing ?

Could we play a 4-4-2 with the players we have and Diaz up top with Nunez?

We went 4-4-2 against them last season with Salah and Firmino up front and Elliott wide right. We could throw a curve ball and have a front four of Diaz, Nunez, Gakpo and Szobozslai.

Then as like for like changes bring on Salah and Elliott for Gakpo and Szobozslai.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
We went 4-4-2 against them last season with Salah and Firmino up front and Elliott wide right. We could throw a curve ball and have a front four of Diaz, Nunez, Gakpo and Szobozslai.

Then as like for like changes bring on Salah and Elliott for Gakpo and Szobozslai.

We did.

I think Gakpo looked tired and has put in a huge shift recently.

Online farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We did.

I think Gakpo looked tired and has put in a huge shift recently.
Lucho would struggle against Walker, maybe put him on the right?

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen

Who plays left then ?

Online farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Who plays left then ?
I'd even put Kostats there.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
I'd even put Kostats there.

It’s an option and would be a curveball.

I personally would start our strongest team but not sure if that would leave us short with 70 mins gone.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan

Dont agree he would struggle. He isnt getting better of him in a 1 vs 1 but he is tracking him and he will help pin him back.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Dont agree he would struggle. He isnt getting better of him in a 1 vs 1 but he is tracking him and he will help pin him back.

Walker can switch off too.

He’s so quick but his positioning can be poor.

Offline kezzy

• Kopite
Let’s just twat these cheating plastic c*nts. 

Online farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I perceive the opposite. I think Lucho would struggle with the tracking at speed. If Gomez plays as LB, he'd better stop/block attacks from that side. and Lucho will be back to double; you'd be right then.

Lucho can get the better of Walker in 1-on-1. Not every time, but a couple that lead to good situations will be enough.

Dunno. I guess I'm struggling to see who the best 11 are at this time.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
Great OP Raid.
Excited for this

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
Think the team will be Kelleher, Bradley, Van Dijk, Gomez, Robertson, Szobozlai, Endo, Mac Allister, Salah, Nunez, Diaz

I think Quansah will play alongside Van Dijk. Gomez hasn't played much there recently.
Gomez could play instead of Robertson, to match up to Foden. Use Robertson's pace later in the game if needed?

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Have you genuinely never heard a sportsman or team after the event speak of how a comment from the opposition fired them up for the victory?

If they put in a best ever performance at Anfield then it would be natural to wonder why.

Plus motivation for them might not be as high as ourselves and Arsenal considering they have won 3 in a row.

They don't defend as well on the transition and it often seems like it is due to a lack of fuel and hunger. They haven't conceded this many at this stage of the season since 16/17. They are pretty much the same individuals as last season so it certainly isn't down to quality, but more likely due to a lack of hunger on the back of a treble and winning three in a row.

So why poke the bear?

It's just unnecessary to come out with comments like that before a game.

The interview isn't recent.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
I think Quansah will play alongside Van Dijk. Gomez hasn't played much there recently.
Gomez could play instead of Robertson, to match up to Foden. Use Robertson's pace later in the game if needed?

I hope not. Gomez is a CB by trade with tons of experience. If Konate isn't fit he simply has to play alongside Van Dijk. Also I fancy Robbo far more against Foden than I do Gomez as a makeshift LB.

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
Anyone know what sort time the coaches will arrive tomorrow and where a good place for atmosphere will be?

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Dreading Michael Oliver tomorrow. He is terrible.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

Easily one of the worst out of a bad bunch these days.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!

He used to be lorded as the only good one, but he has been pretty terrible for a good year now.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
He used to be lorded as the only good one, but he has been pretty terrible for a good year now.

Don't want to be here talking about a terrible decision costing us this time tomorrow.

Offline koppitemk

• Kemlynite
Does anyone know is there a coach welcome planned tonorrow

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
Shocked and sad to see so many here actually criticising or not keen on Trent's quotes, as somehow giving ammo to City's players.

For me, I don't think he went far enough. He should have called them what they are. Cheats and mercenaries. And it should be repeated at every single opportunity whether it be Klopp, Virgil or any of our senior players.

At least then, the media would be forced to address the real issues - all 115 of them - instead of subverting and diluting the message into a "oooh bad blood between title rivals, City and Liverpool" narrative.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Online mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
Does anyone know is there a coach welcome planned tonorrow

I dunno but loads will be down there to welcome it either way. For a game as big as this it’s become routine for a lot of people.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Shocked and sad to see so many here actually criticising or not keen on Trent's quotes, as somehow giving ammo to City's players.

For me, I don't think he went far enough. He should have called them what they are. Cheats and soulless mercenaries. And it should be repeated at every singe opportunity whether it be Klopp, Virgil or any of our senior players.

At least then, the media would be forced to address the real issues - all 115 of them - instead of subverting and diluting the message into a "oooh bad blood between title rivals, City and Liverpool" narrative.

The media will be too scared to say anything.