Author Topic: PL: Everton 2 v The Champions 2 Mane 2' Keane 19’ Mo 71’ Calvert ‘80  (Read 86903 times)

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Everton 2 v The Champions 2 Mane 2' Keane 19’ Mo 71’ Calvert ‘80
« Reply #1680 on: October 19, 2020, 01:30:39 pm »
It's odd really. The easiest course of action for them is to say they missed it and give a 3 game ban. Everyone shuts up and moves on, mistakes happen etc...

From their point of view it is much easier to say it was reviewed as by the laws of the game they can't do anything about it. If they say it wasn't reviewed then they have to make a decision on whether or not to ban Pickford and either way they will get abuse.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1681 on: October 19, 2020, 01:34:00 pm »
I just watched MOTD again and the Pickford challenge is obscene. He's way off the ground, flying at 100mph, studs up, both legs horizontal. I'd say the most nailed-on red I've ever seen.
Yes, given VAR have said they reviewed it, it's honestly the worst decision I've ever seen in football.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #1682 on: October 19, 2020, 01:35:41 pm »
As soon as the PGMOL changed their story on Saturday evening about the red card incident being reviewed by VAR it was obvious Pickford wouldn't be punished.

Yep.

Offline Gray Hamster

• Not bong eyed but quite fond of little furry things.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1683 on: October 19, 2020, 01:36:35 pm »
I think PGMOL can do themselves a big favour in just releasing the screen shot and the lines they have that show Mane as offside...but i'm pretty sure they wont and i suspect we know why

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1684 on: October 19, 2020, 01:37:18 pm »
This thread is turning into GoT or Blue Loon with some of the lashing around.

not really. The conspiracy nonsense seems to have stopped (mostly).

Nothing wrong with airing grievances and discussing the god awful refereeing and the incompetence of FA. To ignore it is worse. Their actions (or lack of) diminishes the game rather than add to it. Why be silent about that.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #1685 on: October 19, 2020, 01:37:59 pm »
It's odd really. The easiest course of action for them is to say they missed it and give a 3 game ban. Everyone shuts up and moves on, mistakes happen etc...

But under Riley's stewardship they cannot for some reason admit they make mistakes. It's no small wonder there were no English refs at the World Cup

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1686 on: October 19, 2020, 01:38:32 pm »
I still can't believe we got that moment robbed from us at the end there.

Would have been probably about as good as behind closed doors football can possibly be, an injury time 3-2 winner against your local rivals with the keeper throwing one in his own net.

The points I'm not that arsed about, we'll make them up and it's the same amount of points we usually get there, just the sheer elation, joy and everything absolutely sapped from you because of the ridiculous use of VAR.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #1687 on: October 19, 2020, 01:39:25 pm »
Yes, given VAR have said they reviewed it, it's honestly the worst decision I've ever seen in football.

It is very worrying for all teams. Everyone knows that it was a red card and a mistake. To sweep it under the carpet just shows that nothing will change.

It was about as bad a tackle as you could see. Not sending Pickford off affected the result. To then claim that the tackle was ok just shows to everyone that there’s a serious problem in how the game is governed.

Ask 100 professional footballers if Pickford should have been sent off and I would be amazed if even one said no. Same for Mane’s offside.

Once the officials ignore the red card then it just shows how incompetent they are. It’s a nail in the coffin for me and time the top league broke away and setup a fair way of officiating.
#JFT97

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1688 on: October 19, 2020, 01:40:56 pm »

That would be recognising that one of their inept, corrupt cronies made a mistake. They'll never do that. On top of that I'm absolutely convinced that Coote was protected because he did his job of covering up for the mistake of the lino who wrongly raised the flag too early rather than let the move play out. It's quite obvious, and we've seen it countless times in the last 15 months, that the main job of the VAR official is to stick up for their three mates on the pitch and cover up their mistakes as much as humanly possible.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #1689 on: October 19, 2020, 01:42:23 pm »
I think PGMOL can do themselves a big favour in just releasing the screen shot and the lines they have that show Mane as offside...but i'm pretty sure they wont and i suspect we know why

Surely Klopp has a right to see them. It’s in the best interests of the game. Nobody wants poor decisions and although they will happen, it is best if they are reviewed and if possible corrected. Nobody is looking for a witch hunt........just a fair discussion.
#JFT97

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1690 on: October 19, 2020, 01:45:45 pm »
Still feel sick

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1691 on: October 19, 2020, 01:46:13 pm »
If he saw it and didn't give the decision they need to drop the official for a few weeks.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1692 on: October 19, 2020, 01:47:03 pm »
If he saw it and didn't give the decision they need to drop the official for a few weeks.

So he can take a few weeks rest and then come back and fuck up again?

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1693 on: October 19, 2020, 01:50:26 pm »
Didn't realise he was the c*nt on VAR at Old Trafford last season too. (Knew he reffed the Burnley game and disgustingly ignored the most blatant pen of the season on Robertson). And now this. Becoming a bit of a theme with him isn't it? He should be out of a job.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1694 on: October 19, 2020, 01:52:28 pm »
Didn't realise he was the c*nt on VAR at Old Trafford last season too. (Knew he reffed the Burnley game and disgustingly ignored the most blatant pen of the season on Robertson). And now this. Becoming a bit of a theme with him isn't it? He should be out of a job.

The way that Robbo and Klopp spoke to him after Burnley makes you wonder
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #1695 on: October 19, 2020, 02:00:49 pm »
Still sickening me how much I celebrated the 'winner' at home.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline U13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1696 on: October 19, 2020, 02:03:39 pm »
I just watched MOTD again and the Pickford challenge is obscene. He's way off the ground, flying at 100mph, studs up, both legs horizontal. I'd say the most nailed-on red I've ever seen.

It turns my stomach watching it and to anybody giving Pickford the benefit of the doubt here's a challenge on Mandzukic which is pretty much a carbon copy.

https://twitter.com/itvfootball/status/1017141401472118785

I accept that there are injuries that come from challenges that are just part and parcel of the game, but that shithouse challenge is not in that category by any stretch of the imagination.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1697 on: October 19, 2020, 02:06:38 pm »
It turns my stomach watching it and to anybody giving Pickford the benefit of the doubt here's a challenge on Mandzukic which is pretty much a carbon copy.

I accept that there are injuries that come from challenges that are just part and parcel of the game, but that shithouse challenge is not in that category by any stretch of the imagination.

He also had an absolutely horror challenge on Alli a couple of years back.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1698 on: October 19, 2020, 02:09:41 pm »
"VAR reviewed the incident but did not deem it worthy of a red card."

WHAT THE FUCK AM I READING
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #1699 on: October 19, 2020, 02:16:08 pm »
Dermot Gallagher gave a typical refs union opinion..

"I think the process was followed in some ways but it was flawed. When the officials see it, they think 'we have to check for a penalty'. There's three steps - is it offside, is it a penalty, is there further sanction?

"What they have done is thought 'is it a penalty?', which it is, so you have to go back and check if it is offside. They check that and it is offside so that negates the penalty. It then got overlooked to go to step three, which it shouldn't have done and we all know it should have been a red card, but it was a human error and all we can do is apologise for it.

"There's nothing more you can say. The process went backwards to go forwards, it stopped at step two and didn't go to step three. Simple as that."

Could someone not have told the VAR officials about the incorrect decision?

"Firstly, the VAR hub is totally enclosed, people can't access it and they can't ring out. Then by the time you realise that they're going to restart with the offside decision, even if you get hold of them, it's too late because the game would have restarted and as we all know, once the game restarts, you can never go back.

"It's easy looking back now, it's a red card and I think anybody looking at it on the day from an outside position would say red card, it was just going through the protocol didn't work as it should have done."

https://youtu.be/ASvYzbIysAY
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1700 on: October 19, 2020, 02:17:36 pm »

Fucking ITV, What a save! Are they fucking kidding, its another fucking assault.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1701 on: October 19, 2020, 02:18:11 pm »
What a circus.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #1702 on: October 19, 2020, 02:24:24 pm »
Absolute joke.  Fuck the FA.  Time to accelerate the leanings towards that ever-talked about breakaway Super League.

Fuck the PL, Fuck the FA and I hope we fuck over the England National Team too. 
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1703 on: October 19, 2020, 02:27:33 pm »

"I think the process was followed in some ways but it was flawed. When the officials see it, they think 'we have to check for a penalty'. There's three steps - is it offside, is it a penalty, is there further sanction?

"What they have done is thought 'is it a penalty?', which it is, so you have to go back and check if it is offside. They check that and it is offside so that negates the penalty. It then got overlooked to go to step three, which it shouldn't have done and we all know it should have been a red card, but it was a human error and all we can do is apologise for it.

"There's nothing more you can say. The process went backwards to go forwards, it stopped at step two and didn't go to step three. Simple as that."

Could someone not have told the VAR officials about the incorrect decision?

"Firstly, the VAR hub is totally enclosed, people can't access it and they can't ring out. Then by the time you realise that they're going to restart with the offside decision, even if you get hold of them, it's too late because the game would have restarted and as we all know, once the game restarts, you can never go back.

"It's easy looking back now, it's a red card and I think anybody looking at it on the day from an outside position would say red card, it was just going through the protocol didn't work as it should have done."

Er, sorry Dermot but thats complete bullshit, as according to PGMOL the red card was looked at.

Lots of spin and bullshit, but lets face it Coote is never going to come out and say 'I'm a manc an hate klopp and Robbo for making me look like a twat, thought it was a perfect chance to lay one on them by giving Everton the edge in all decisions'.

They are a complete embarrassment and do whatever they want but no one can do anything about it.

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #1704 on: October 19, 2020, 02:28:41 pm »
Fucking ITV, What a save! Are they fucking kidding, its another fucking assault.
The short armed little c*nt even has a go at Mandzukic at the end there!!!
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1705 on: October 19, 2020, 02:28:46 pm »

I’m sticking with my original assessment. Both the ref and the chap in the VAR booth didn’t know the rules, and thought that because Van Dijk was offside it meant that anything that happened after it didn’t matter. They  thought that if they gave a goal kick and a red card as they’d look ridiculous.

Anything else from PGMOL or former refs is purely covering for the fact that the refs know the rules about as well as some gobshite on Twitter.

Online Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #1706 on: October 19, 2020, 02:31:27 pm »

What he is saying is fine, at least they should hold their hand up and admit their mistake. Not doing that and deciding that this was not deemed worth of retrospective action is worse than the original mistake.

This is like saying because the police fucked up in allowing a murderer to get away from the murder, we'll just not bother trying to bring him to justice.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #1707 on: October 19, 2020, 02:35:53 pm »
He should have been sent off and maybe we'd have then gone on and won the game against 10 men, but whatever happens now isn't going to change the fact that he's put VVD out for the season  :no  Also I don't see VAR improving anytime soon.

Of course I want him punished, but giving him a retrospective ban would only strengthen Everton IMO as they'll end up with a better keeper in nets.  Pickford really is a poor keeper, yes he makes a few good saves, but for every good save he does he f**ks up another 2 things.

I hope Karma bites him in the arse in the future, hopefully while he's playing for England in the WC Final where he makes an atrocious error in the last minute to gift another country the WC, then the whole country can hate him  ;D

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1708 on: October 19, 2020, 02:36:04 pm »
Half expecting Hendo to get a charge for the 'bendy lines' comment now.
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1709 on: October 19, 2020, 02:47:17 pm »

He will.

“Dear Mr Henderson.

How dare you undermine the integrity, effectiveness and validity of the VAR system.

That’s our job.

Regards,
Mike Riley.”

Online clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1710 on: October 19, 2020, 02:55:21 pm »
Still no apology from either Pickford or Coote then.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #1711 on: October 19, 2020, 02:56:28 pm »

100 percent.  He'll get charged, given a few weeks to process and get a one game ban for the City game.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #1713 on: October 19, 2020, 02:59:56 pm »
When the thug clattered Virgil it was obviously a penalty and a red card. Anyone who has watched the game for a long time will know instinctively that these lunging fouls almost always result in a red card.

We hear the phrase both legs were off the ground. I heard this again today on tv when reviewing Dunk’s (Brighton) two footed lunge which was a clear red. He walked.

Oliver is an experience referee but when the camera showed him he had a worried expression. Why? A penalty made no difference to him but a red card would at just 11 minutes. The PL refs try to avoid an early sending off because the match will be less of a spectacle and it’s going out around the world. It shouldn’t be like this but how often do you see yellow cards issued in the first half hour of matches. There’s more chance of a player seeing red at some stage and 10v11 is not good for the product especially for high level matches with huge audiences.

Oliver knew it was a red card challenge and surely Coote would as well, although he seems way below standard.
They decided not to go there. Oliver also thought Virgil would come back on at that stage I guess. He wasn’t crying out in pain but we have since learnt he has a high pain threshold.

All of this is contrary to the rules but we see it every weekend where games are managed by what we see as incompetent referees. A player on a yellow card is quite often given a talking to when the foul just committed is a second yellow. The commentator then says he was lucky to stay on the pitch, when it’s not luck.

If our physio had called for a stretcher immediately or our players had surrounded the referee, as Everton would have done, then Oliver may have been forced to issue a straight red. We will never know but next time a two footed lunge takes out someone watch his teammates surround the referee. We know which clubs do it.

If that’s what is needed to make sure we get the same application of the rules as other teams we have to do it. It will be interesting to see if Klopp changes any views on how the game is played. It shouldn’t be done for any foul but when a lunge like Pickford’s isn’t punished even retrospectively then we need to wise up to life in the PL with current reffing standards.
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1714 on: October 19, 2020, 03:00:36 pm »

Except this isn’t what happened.

He can’t be retrospectively punished because they DID look at it and decided it wasn’t deserving of a red card.

And also, strangely, decided it wasn’t worth the ref having a look not he pitchside monitors which is meant to be the norm these days.

Online clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1715 on: October 19, 2020, 03:01:23 pm »
Only one negative i can say about this side really we're really too nice. How any of them didn't attack Pickford or Richarlison after that I'll never know.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1716 on: October 19, 2020, 03:02:49 pm »
Still sickening me how much I celebrated the 'winner' at home.

Right? ;D

I took my shirt off and lobbed it at the telly and then on the floor shouting fucking have that you c*nts, fucking karma.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1717 on: October 19, 2020, 03:09:22 pm »
Right? ;D

I took my shirt off and lobbed it at the telly and then on the floor shouting fucking have that you c*nts, fucking karma.

Yep.

Went more mad than I have done in fucking years celebrating that, more intense than even the Origi one in Madrid.

It’s why that decision was so unbelievably hard to take, going from that kind of high to the complete opposite when you can’t even see why the decision has been given is incredibly gutting.

I’m glad I didn’t know about the Van Dijk injury at that point.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #1718 on: October 19, 2020, 03:13:59 pm »
Right? ;D

Did Mrs. Appalled give you a yellow card for taking your shirt off?
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #1719 on: October 19, 2020, 03:15:29 pm »
Only one negative i can say about this side really we're really too nice. How any of them didn't attack Pickford or Richarlison after that I'll never know.

Agreed. However when the latter is lying on the floor for minutes pretending he is injured it’s difficult to get at him.
Richarlison behaves like a spoilt brat every time he steps on the pitch. Sour, surly and a danger to any player he takes a dislike to. Found his true home with his current club.
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!