Author Topic: Preview: West Bromwich Albion V Liverpool 26 September  (Read 82588 times)

Offline ShibbyLFC

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Preview: West Bromwich Albion V Liverpool 26 September
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2012, 03:55:13 am »
Robbo needs game time. Hopefully Enrique won't take another cup game from him.

I doubt he will. Especially now that Kelly is out.

We all know Enrique has been in really poor form for a while, but we know from the first half of last season how he can play, and he'll only get back there with more game time and a little faith in him.

Offline Jonjo Legend

• Anny Roader
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2012, 04:58:53 am »
Edit because l bowled in like a bloody fool without paying proper attention to the op - which was a really great read by the way. Unfortunately I missed out on seeing Laurie Cunningham in his pomp but you can tell he was one hell of a player just from the some of the footage. Pretty sure I watched some kind of feature on him (probably on Sky Sports) years and years ago as well, probably when he passed away actually, but I can't remember for the life of me what it was called. I see there's a BBC doc called 'Black Flash! Black Footballers in England 1880s to 2000' on youtube, but I swear it was before that. Maybe I'll try to track it down later.

My team for Wednesday night:

---------------------Reina----------------------

Wisdom-----Skrtel----Coates------Enrique

------------Gerrard-----------Sahin-------------

---------------------Assaidi----------------------

-------Suarez-------Ngoo-----------Suso-----

Definitely wouldn't play Brad or Carra in this one.

Would absolutely love for Stevie to play again now he seems to be getting in the Rodgers groove - even though it is a risk.

Got a feeling that Clarke will go balls out against us and if that happens we really might struggle without his presence in the middle.

As for resting Suarez, no way. Give him some extra yerba mate before the game and he'll be fine.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 06:33:13 am by Jonjo Legend »

Offline jah008

• Anny Roader
  • It's company policy to give you the plague!
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2012, 05:30:35 am »
Nice one Corks. Would never have known that.

We are the current cup holders in this competition so I don't expect us to go into the game lightly. But priority again is the game against Norwich and with injuries and suspensions it limits what Rodgers can do.

I'd like to see Wisdom play at CB alongside Carragher. Think he showed what he has last week against Young Boys and Coates will be needed against Norwich on the weekend and we won't risk 2 x CBs being out with injury.
With that I'd like to see Flanagan & Robinson start. Enrique and Johnson will start against Norwich.
Through the middle with Hendo, Sahin and Suso. Although one of them will start against Norwich so maybe Conner Coady or Joe Cole will sit in here.

Upfront I want to see Morgan play. And Yesil sub on.

Out wide.... I think downing will get the call and Assaidi. But I'd like to see Pacheco given a run on the wing.

Not sure what Rodgers will do. But I trust his Judgement. Looking forward to the game!!

"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2012, 05:34:03 am »
interesting op mate thanks for posting.  before my time but im always intrigued in the history of other football clubs/players.  to keep playing the way he did after everything he would have gone through regarding race is incredible, fair play to him.  hopefully sterling (if he gets the chance) can pull off a cunningham style performance for us than hey  ;).

Offline Dentron

• Eastenders Sci-Fi Spinoff
  • Kopite
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2012, 05:38:51 am »
Pacheco's movement is dreadful. He has the skill, but lacks the brain to match. His movement is what will keep him for ever being a successful player at this level.

Downing is just as bad. I'd like to see us line up in a 4-2-3-1, with Assaidi as the left attacking mid, and Suso as the right. Both are capable of cutting in and shooting. I'd also really like to see Yesil get the start.

Forgive my ignorance, but is Shelvey eligible for this match? If he is, I'd love to see him play as the central attacking midfielder, just behind the forward in a 4-2-3-1. That is the best position for him. Allows him freedom to pass and move while getting looks at goal and keeps him from having to track back on defense too much. I really like the way he plays with Henderson, and I'd like to see Sahin and Henderson as the two holding midfielders in front of the back line.

As for the back line, I think we will likely play Carra and Coates, with Skrtel held out until the weekend. I'd love to see Wisdom play on the right again, and I'm really hoping Robinson can get a game on the left.

This is what I would love to see:

Wisdom - Coates - Carra - Robinson
Henderson - Sahin
Suso - Shelvey - Assaidi
Yesil

As for GK... I like Brad Jones just fine. And playing him seems to keep us moving the ball forward, rather than backwards, which I like. Possession in the defensive third is not something I like to see.

And if Shelvey is ineligible, which I'm guessing he is, replace him with Pacheco. He was always best playing for the reserves as a second striker imo. He lacks the pace, movement, and trickery to play the wing, but he is capable of combining with other players through the middle.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 05:43:15 am by Dentron »

Offline kevin87

• Kopite
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2012, 05:40:27 am »
Fantastic opening article. I have always loved reading about players who have changed the game of football for the better, just shows though how far we have come with racism in the sport. Also goes to show the transition in football with a club from generation to generation. West brom were once a heavyweight, and many of the younger fans would only recognise them as a team lucky to be in the prem these days. Its a timely reminder to those who think we have a right to be top four...its a right that you only earn and Liverpool as a club hold a special place in world football as we have been up the top end of league 1 and the prem league for so many years. Every club has rebuilding periods at some stage in their history and thimis one of ours. We coplain about finishing 8th and only winning one cup ion a year.... look at clubs like West brom, nottingham forrest, Leeds, rangers, wimbeldon. All once the top the game, and all fell hard. We only have slipped a bit.... and we are rising again.

So west brom...Obviously expecting a young team with names like suso, assaidi, coates, wisdom, henderson on the team sheets with the likes of carra, and jones to bump the average age up a bit. Whats the go with downing? is he still in the dog house? Would like to see pacheco given a run in his preferred position on the left, a natural striker centrally in morgan/yesil/ngoo given a chance and assaidi on the right. We need to find someone to play on the right now with borini out...and i see it either being downing or assaidi. Suso possibly also but his tracking back isnt the greatest and id prefer him to play centrally. Team could look something like

Jones
Wisdom  Carra  Coates  Enrique

Henderson 
        Sahin           Suso

Assaidi                     Pacheco
                Morgan

Pacheco is much more effective running at the defense from the left, and really think we need to throw in morgan. He is physically a bit better than yesil, and i think he'll handle the pace of the game better than yesi. Bring him on as a sub if needed. Some may question that front three, however i think it will work. all technical, all are very very good at our pressing game and hpopefully that is where we bring west brom unstuck.

We are the defending champions here, so lads should all be fired up. Our attacking display was fantastic against young boys, just our defense was the real worry. looking for a massive improvement here
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 05:42:20 am by kevin87 »

Offline jdpapa3

• Kopite
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2012, 06:05:48 am »
That opener was brilliant! Very enlightening for me as I'm still so new to the league and I only know West Brom as the yo-yo club that has been up and down in recent years.

Pretty sure this has the potential to go 120 minutes and that needs to be heavily factored in with the selection.

Has Wisdom played a bunch of CB recently for the reserves? I think Flanagan is good enough to get game time and I am not the biggest fan of Wilson. That could be the result of not seeing Wilson enough and him not getting a ton of game time, though. Would rest Enrique. Want him starting at LB on Saturday and the knee still looks shaky.

Flanagan/Carra/Wisdom/Downing

Sahin still needs minutes to regain fitness before he is started again in a league game so I'd expect him to be in the XI for this one. Hendo has racked up the gametime in the past week and we have to be cautious if he is in the plans for Saturday. I keep landing on using Adorjan in that midfield every time I think about it with Shelvey unavailable and Lucas injured. Joe Allen is young. I think we can sparingly use him in midweek games, but I still feel iffy overall on his inclusion.

Allen/Sahin/Adorjan

Really want Suso out wide right. Might create an issue with Assaidi as that means 2 inverted wingers, but I'd still start with it. Would only use Suarez in a "break glass in case of emergency" role off of the bench with 10 minutes left. Morgan vs. Yesil or even Ngoo up front for me. Would be excited with any one.

Assaidi/Morgan/Suso

Pacheco to come on for whatever's not working. I like his versatility in a bench role as he can fill for many different spots.

Offline andy in warrington

• ...wanking in the work bogs
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2012, 06:08:21 am »
 I always remember that West Brom team of the late 70s going to Old Trafford and giving United a beating a game which was the main game on Granada's sunday afternoon highlights show.
Also recall them losing to Ipswich in a FA Cup semi final in 1978; a very good team, but it went wrong when Atkinson left for United and took Robson and  Moses with him.
Also Laurie Cunningham was only player to play against Liverpool in both an FA and European cup final ( I think this is correct ).

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2012, 06:15:36 am »

Also Laurie Cunningham was only player to play against Liverpool in both an FA and European cup final ( I think this is correct ).

Which team did he play for in the FA Cup Final?

Offline HodgePodge

• Kemlynite
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2012, 06:34:09 am »
Thanks for the OP.

We need to win this to maintain our title aspirations. Come on you Reds! YNWA

Offline ArchieC

• Legacy Fan
  • Once a Red Always a Red WE BLEED RED!!
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2012, 06:52:59 am »
Thanks for the OP.

You do realise this is a cup game yeah?
We all bleed RED!!

Offline andy in warrington

• ...wanking in the work bogs
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2012, 07:19:16 am »

Wimbledon

Offline LondonRedMan

• wants to donate to RAWk because a kindly mod took away his nasty CT.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2012, 08:42:03 am »
Thanks for the OP.

It's a league cup game. It's not a premiership game.

If we win we get through to the next round. We won this competition last year and they've changed the name of the sponsors since

Our next league game is on the weekend against Norwich. That's the one we need to win to get our 'title challenge' back on track

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2012, 08:55:11 am »
Hahaha. An illuminated country like England fielded its first black player on the international scene in nineteen fucking seventy seven. As one of the earlier posters mentioned, a black man was captaining Uruguay in 1923 and won them their first World Cup.

Anyway, I recall Cyrille Regis scoring amazing goals and tearing defences on a black and white TV set. I also vividly recall WBA beating Man Utd 3-5 or something like that. Big respect for Big Ron - I still don't know why he made that silly comment in public which will tarnish him forever now.

And then of course, WBA went on to sack di Matteo and hire Hodgson.....
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 10:51:42 am by Vinay »

Offline LondonRedMan

• wants to donate to RAWk because a kindly mod took away his nasty CT.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2012, 08:58:11 am »
Fantastic opening article. I have always loved reading about players who have changed the game of football for the better, just shows though how far we have come with racism in the sport. Also goes to show the transition in football with a club from generation to generation. West brom were once a heavyweight, and many of the younger fans would only recognise them as a team lucky to be in the prem these days. Its a timely reminder to those who think we have a right to be top four...its a right that you only earn and Liverpool as a club hold a special place in world football as we have been up the top end of league 1 and the prem league for so many years. Every club has rebuilding periods at some stage in their history and thimis one of ours. We coplain about finishing 8th and only winning one cup ion a year.... look at clubs like West brom, nottingham forrest, Leeds, rangers, wimbeldon. All once the top the game, and all fell hard. We only have slipped a bit.... and we are rising again.

So west brom...Obviously expecting a young team with names like suso, assaidi, coates, wisdom, henderson on the team sheets with the likes of carra, and jones to bump the average age up a bit. Whats the go with downing? is he still in the dog house? Would like to see pacheco given a run in his preferred position on the left, a natural striker centrally in morgan/yesil/ngoo given a chance and assaidi on the right. We need to find someone to play on the right now with borini out...and i see it either being downing or assaidi. Suso possibly also but his tracking back isnt the greatest and id prefer him to play centrally. Team could look something like

Jones
Wisdom  Carra  Coates  Enrique

Henderson 
        Sahin           Suso

Assaidi                     Pacheco
                Morgan

Pacheco is much more effective running at the defense from the left, and really think we need to throw in morgan. He is physically a bit better than yesil, and i think he'll handle the pace of the game better than yesi. Bring him on as a sub if needed. Some may question that front three, however i think it will work. all technical, all are very very good at our pressing game and hpopefully that is where we bring west brom unstuck.

We are the defending champions here, so lads should all be fired up. Our attacking display was fantastic against young boys, just our defense was the real worry. looking for a massive improvement here

WBA are expected to have their strongest line up out. They are doing well in the league and Steve Clarke has said he will take the cups seriously.

With a due respect to that line up, I dont think it's good enough for us to progress at WBA. We lost in the league against them and know they are a decent side.

I really think we need to play close to our strongest line up. Maybe give sterling a rest due to his young age and possibly Steve as well due to his injury record. However Suarez should play IMO
     Reina
Gj. Skrtel. Coates. Enrique

Sahin.   Allen.  Hendo

Suso. Suarez. Downing

Hendo (on the right of the three). Hendo for me deserves a start after his excellent performance in the uefa. And downing comes in not so much on merit but simply because we need to rest sterling. Ah wait I forgot about assaidi. Downing on the bench and assaidi given the left attacking role since he impressed in the uefa too.

Also we can use this game to give Suso another showing after his decent efforts against Manu

For me we lack imagination without Suarez and potency up front.sure Morgan and yes are decent prospects but we have a very tough away cup game in a cup we can realistically win - as shown last year.

Also bear I mind the press are waiting for a bad result to heap pressure on as our start in the league has been the worst since 100 odd years ( or whatever the media is banging on about)

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2012, 09:09:32 am »
Hope we see a similair team to the Young Boys game, as current holders i'd like to see us take this competition seriously and maybe end up at Wembley again in february.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2012, 09:12:38 am »
With BR already saying he will prioritise the league, I really expect Gerrard ,Allen or Suarez to be on the bench and not starting or rest all together

But another fantastic opportunity for some youngsters

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2012, 09:13:27 am »

Came on as a sub for Wimbledon in 1988. As did John Scales I think.

Offline Kovai Red

• Oh my captain!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Educated Farrago
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2012, 09:14:38 am »
I can see both Pacheco and Assaidi starting as wide forwards with either of Yesil or Morgan starting upfront. With the recent display, Henderson is a sure starter along with Sahin. I also expect Suso to be given a start in the midfield. Defense might be the same as we did against the young boys except Jose Enrique might be on the bench. Now with Kelly injured, I cannot see him playing often in a cup game. Downing might play there or i fJack Robinson is fit, he might start. If Rodgers wants Downing to play in the league, he might also start from the bench. Now everyone will be in for a surprise if Joe Cole starts. Recently there was a news that he started training isn't it?
"Liverpool are the ones with the ball. I support them just for that"
"Ella pugazhum Iraivan Oruvanuke"

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2012, 09:22:12 am »
Enrique might start because he needs the minutes?

Offline memoriesgone

• Anny Roader
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2012, 10:05:30 am »
Great read from the OP. I learned about some things I didn't know. Keep up the fantastic work!

On to the game, I just checked our fixture list and I think we have 3 games in 8 days with 4 senior outfield players injured and one suspended. I don't think we can afford any more injuries and our players need to be protected as much as possible. Kids, fringe players for this and maybe even the EL league game although I'd have a strong bench for that one.

I think all those who performed well against YB,especially kids should be played tomorrow but I would want Yesil/Morgan to come in for Downing with Suso moving wide along with Assaidi. I would really like Adorjan to be played in behind the striker with Sahin and Henderson in midfield. With Shelvey suspended, I think it's quite a possibility although I can see BR playing Suso behind the striker and two of Pacheco/Downing/Assaidi maybe on the wings. I'm a bit ... erm... unenthusiastic at the probable involvement of Cole and Downing for this one.

I really want to see Robinson playing this game. Not only am I disappointed at his lack of game time this season, what makes it worse is that we have to play a half fit/out of form Enrique in his position in cup games where we're supposedly handing out opportunities our best prospects. And Robinson is on the same level as Sterling and Suso. I wouldn't bother about giving Enrique match practice. Other teams have their senior players in U21 matches to ease them back from injury. We should be doing that as well. I know I sound harsh on Enrique but I actually really like the guy. I'm more concerned about the development of some of the younger players. Robinson gets absolutely nothing from playing U21 football. Wisdom at right back and Robbo at left back with Carra and Coates in defence. I think resting Reina is working well so I'd have either Jones or Gulacsi as goal keeper.

I honestly feel there will be two-three debuts in this game as well. I wouldn't mind seeing Ngoo, Adorjan and Yesil all involved. Do we know which players are in the 20 man squad? The games are coming thick and fast in my opinion. We just played Thursday-Sunday and will be playing Wednesday-Saturday-Thursday. Crazy if you ask me.

Offline Uruguayan36

• Loose Wires mouthpiece
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2012, 10:14:31 am »
Laurie’s time at West Brom was a distinct success, and in April 1977 he became the first black player to play for England at any level, against Scotland in an Under 21 international. Two years later, he became the first black player to play in a senior competitive game for England, against Wales. Viv Anderson, the elegant Forest right back, had cracked the mould six months beforehand, but in a friendly. 

So England had their first black international player in 1977. Uruguay 1923. But they need to be educated?
Black players played for Uruguay before 1923.

Tim Vickery says..."The Uruguayan game was far quicker to draw on the potential of all of its citizens.

A potent symbol of this is Isabelino Gradin, top scorer of the first Copa America in 1916.

He and team-mate Juan Delgado were black - which caused Chile to launch a protest on the basis that Uruguay were fielding Africans.

Gradin deserves to be ranked among the most influential players in the history of the game. His performances in Brazil in the 1919 Copa America did much to inspire the local black population".

Offline Veinticinco de Mayo

• Almost as nice as Hellmans and cheaper too! Feedback tourist #57. President of ZATAA.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In an aeroplane over RAWK
« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2012, 10:17:07 am »
I'm not really sure how Uruguay is relevant to this thread folks. 

And no... I am not looking for an explanation, I am looking for you to get back on topic :wave

Always an away that I enjoyed this one, decent pubs, decent atmosphere.
Tweeting shit about LFC @kevhowson Tweeting shit about music @GigMonkey2
Bill Shankly - 'The socialism I believe in is not really politics; it is humanity, a way of living and sharing the rewards'

Offline Joe_Singh

• Legacy Fan
  • My idea is always to win trophies, not just games
    • Joe Singh
« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2012, 10:18:21 am »
Sent the link to this thread to a friend of mine who is an old time WBA fan. His response below

Very interesting, One of the first games  that Regis,Cunningham and Batson played together was  Man U at Old Trafford .Highlights  are on You Tube,you can hear racist chanting when Cunningham  first gets the ball,  He  and Regis were brilliant that day and we won 5-3.

I was at the 2nd leg against Valencia , they had Kempes the Argentinian World Cup winner up front, we beat them 2-0 , Regis scoring a great goal. We lost to Red Star Belgrade in the Quarters. Probably about 50,000 in the Hawthorns that night. A couple of years later    Big Fat Ron leaves for Man U taking Bryan Robson and Remi Moses with him, and our slow decline begins until in 1990 under the idiot Bobby Gould we are relegated to the 3rd Division,attendances down to sub 10,000. 
What I love about this, and several other of Kenny's press conferences, is that he manages to say something to the effect of  'Shut the fuck up, you fucking helmets and don't fuck with me or my football club or I'll make you eat your own balls', without actually using th

Offline Billy1561

• The egg-beating, Turbo Wrist-Action King. Conqueror of Mow cop otherwise known as The Cow Mopper! Too old for Google...too overloaded to byte.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scouse by birth. Red by choice.
« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2012, 10:18:45 am »
Great opening post corkboy, i forgot most of the details you posted but it's all coming back now. Getting old is ace, even stuff you know is a surprise  :D
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."

Offline Alex7

• Kopite
« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2012, 10:39:41 am »
We should not play our first team, something along the lines of

Jones
Wisdom - Coates - Carragher - Robinson
Henderson - Sahin
Suso
Downing - Morgan or Yesil - Assaidi

That would leave Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, (Coates), Enrique, Gerrard, Allen, (Henderson), Sterling, Suarez, Borini to play against Norwich, fully fit in most cases. Playing midweek games does effect your weekend performance and has notably made top class professionals like Suarez and Gerrard notably fatigued in important league matches. We are 18th for fuck sake! The league is more important than ever.

Offline trenchtownrasta

• fairy anne
  • Kopite
  • you may say I'm a dreamer,but I'm not the only one
« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2012, 01:00:43 pm »
What a prematch thread, learnt so much, gained much respect for the Baggies and felt some sorrow that it took so long for us to play ball in this country.

Makes the WBA shorts a mate left in my house a lot more inviting, cheers Corkboy.
'Say what you like about deaf people'.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2012, 01:27:49 pm »
West Brom v Liverpool
Referee: N. Swarbrick
Assistants: S. Ledger, J. Brooks
Fourth Official: S. Mathieson
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline andymanlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2012, 01:31:45 pm »
Would love to see N'Goo and McLaughlin somewhere in the squad.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 03:24:20 pm by andymanlfc »
"The club was great, the people were great and the people from Liverpool - the text messages, the phone calls, the emails, all the tweets I had on my Twitter account - it's unbelievable how much respect they showed me and it's also a bit emotional" - Dirk Kuyt

Offline litliper

• Legacy Fan
  • Does anybody wanna buy a country?
« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2012, 01:52:21 pm »
Daniel Pacheco ‏@dani37pacheco
Training done with the rain. Game tomorrow vs west brom. Enjoy your day and get the umbrella !
"My country is the world, and my religion to do good." (Thomas Paine)

Offline artanis

• Legacy Fan
  • It is what it is.
« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2012, 02:31:11 pm »
I don't know why anyone would play a single player against West Brom who is supposed to start against Norwich. Why?

Play similar team as against Young Boys. I don't care about how "good" West Brom are. So what if we lose and get knocked out. We have a thin squad and we sure do not need 60 games this season. PL is a top priority and we need that first win of the season. We can not play our top players Wednesday and expect them Saturday to play a high intensity pressing game we need to overrun Norwich. Maybe give Sahin 45 minutes at West Brom if he is to start against Norwich due to Shelvey suspension. Give Yasil his first start. Play Pacheco wide this time.

Offline pjk66

• Anny Roader
« Reply #71 on: September 25, 2012, 03:22:28 pm »
My team for tomorrow

Jones
Wisdom carra Coates Enrique
        Hendo Sahin
           Pacheco
Downing           Assaidi
             Yesil/ngoo

I would like to take downing out of that as I feel he is not worth a start and is stopping a youngster getting a go

I'd  love to see ngoo given a go as for all his awkwardness he is to me gonna be a great player for this club. Throw him in and see if swims. plus he holds play up so well if we have a young team playing it may help us.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 03:34:54 pm by pjk66 »

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: September 25, 2012, 04:41:41 pm »
rumoured team:

Jones; Wisdom, Carragher, Wilson, Robinson; Assaidi, Henderson, Sahin, Downing; Pacheco, Yesil

Offline trembles97

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: September 25, 2012, 05:22:29 pm »
Would much rather see Sama than Wilson.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: September 25, 2012, 05:24:31 pm »
rumoured team:

Jones; Wisdom, Carragher, Wilson, Robinson; Assaidi, Henderson, Sahin, Downing; Pacheco, Yesil

Would mean Coates plays vs Norwich and Pacheco would be playing in a more preferred position?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 05:30:58 pm by The G in Gerrard »

Offline Outer Mongolian Red

• Rafa ran over my dog. Then shot it. Fact
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: September 25, 2012, 05:28:37 pm »
rumoured team:

Is Suso now considered to be important enough to be rested?

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #76 on: September 25, 2012, 05:30:16 pm »

With the injury to Borini, more than likely...

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: September 25, 2012, 05:30:35 pm »

Might be starting on Saturday seeing as Shelvey is banned?

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: September 25, 2012, 05:30:46 pm »
rumoured team:

I'd love to see that.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: September 25, 2012, 05:32:02 pm »
I'd love to see that.

I'm not overly excited about Downing playing.