Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Sounds like he's got one more year then he's off. 

He'll leave just before the sanctions hit next summer, classy.

In time for a freshly-sacked-from-Bayern, Vincent Kompany to take the reins of City, for their promotion campaign from League 1.

Lovely, Brian.
All those i’ve seen us linked to…

Never believe the early links (i always believe the early links and do research on all of them)
You're going to some lengths to justify them cheating.

What has went on in the boardroom cannot be separated from what has happened on the pitch.

They've achieved absolutely nothing. Without the boardroom cheating, that manager and group of players don't get assembled and those trophies are won by clubs that deserve them.

And that's before even mentioning dubious refereeing pretty much every season in their favour.

Just to play devil's advocate a little bit, and I don't mean this as a defence of them, there's a bit of a difference between their financial doping at the club scale and the cheating of the likes of Armstrong and Johnson etc. Lance Armstrong cheated to make himself perform physically better than he was actually capable of. Man City as a club have done that, but the individual players have done what they've done without artificially modifying their abilities (presumably). I think that's the difference some journalists are trying to point out - like De Bruyne is a good player, regardless of how much City as a club have cheated.

Of course the difference is it's a team sport, so all of the achievements of the club are all based on cheating and they should be stripped of all of them - it doesn't mean that the players are less impressive as players though. Just bellends for choosing to go to that club when they could've gone to any real football club.
Sunak said tonight that he wouldn't leave for California after the election because his team had just got promoted. What a weirdo.

What league are Harlequins in these days by the way?
That new pension policy just confirms that the first thing the tories would do if they won would be to make the workers (peasants) work harder and longer before they qualify for state pension. Add to that the compulsory teenage community service and....

The whole point of the Tories is to make young people’s life hell in this country and play the older population off against them. Young people have never had it worse; can’t buy a home, sky high tuition fees, ridiculous cost of living, freedom of moment removed and had to sacrifice education to protect the aforementioned older population during Covid but their headline policy is more misery for them. They know they won’t vote Tory no matter what so they’re all about punishing them.
General Football and Sport / Re: Arsenal: Top of the divers league
« Last post by Yorkykopite on Yesterday at 11:57:40 pm »
Nice way to put it Nick, not easy to avoid the two footed challenges all the time, certainly not if you think of yourself as a genuine poster who just likes discussion.

You seem like a good enough egg to me.

It's the fucking omelette from the North Bank who can never read the room.

News and Current Affairs / Re: UAPs over America: real or balloons??
« Last post by lionel_messias on Yesterday at 11:55:12 pm »
He has an MSc in Mechanical Engineering and a Masters in Strategic Studies. In what way does that make him an expert on anything other than mechanical engineering and military strategy?

I’d say you were falling for the classic logical fallacy of argument from authority, but that generally assumes the “authority” has expertise in the field in question.

I think you are mischaracterizing what I was saying quite a bit. I was stating that Karl Nell is both highly credible and senior in both Army and aerospace circles. "Lockheed Missiles & Space, Northrop Grumman" stand out but he was also senior to Grusch within the UAPTF (task force). He's clearly someone with access, and if you listen to him speak you can tell he is careful not to say too much. Of course, people won't like that either!

From what I have read, he was instrumental in drafting the NDAA 2023 legislation with Chuck Schumer. So for what it is worth given he must have a nicely earning career: he must either be insane (to make unfounded claims) or he knows something.

The science is fascinating to debate but I do find it amusing that people say literally no one in the world has any credibility on this subject. Especially not Ryan Graves and David Fravor, the latter who would be one the world's most elite aviators and authorities on what things are or are not in the skies.

For what it is worth, yes, I would also need to see Karl Nell under Oath being cross-examined by Congress to move things further. Credible testimony does count but it is still "no cigar".

Or cigar-shaped UAP :)

Gaming Board for consoles, PC & mobile / Re: Football Life 24 (PC only, free)
« Last post by Darren G on Yesterday at 11:50:16 pm »
Yeah, I really don't understand what Konami were thinking. All they had to do was import and slightly update the gameplay with the new engine. Instead we got somehow inferior graphics and gameplay and all of the other limitations that came with the mess that was eFootball 2022. As you say, EA is EA and will continue to do 'EA things', so there's little hope there. Gave up on that series long ago. Like yourself, I am hopeful that 2K will produce something good.

That said, I don't feel that I am currently missing out on too much. Football Life has updated the gameplay of PES 2021 and it plays a great game of footy, so it's more than just a cosmetic change. In addition there are multiple good gameplay files to download for variety or whatever should one get bored and with the mods the graphics don't really look dated.  As such, I never feel that I am playing a four year old game.  I can understand the frustration for console players like yourself though.  My only major frustration is that after a long time away from football games I'm absolutely crap, so my controller periodically gets launched across the room from hissy fits born of my own incompetence.  ;D
General Football and Sport / Re: Arsenal: Top of the divers league
« Last post by latortuga on Yesterday at 11:49:46 pm »
And the constant shoving down our throats about how great arteta is, how amazing Saka, Deccers, Odergaard and Saliba are. Go and post that shit over on Arsenalmania.

A Saliba injury away from guys that finish their sentences with 'blud' screaming at that big head guy on AFTV demanding Arteta be sacked.   ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10