Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4167506 times)

Offline Cleary

• Smooth as babies bottoms
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll never walk alone
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #240 on: October 20, 2005, 06:34:15 pm »
Ive got tickets to the Williams Harrison fight
What an undercard!
 Skelton McBride, Khans fighting! Eamonn Mcgee!
 Cant wait!  :wave
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I am very disappionted with that attitude. I can assure you it is much more important than that"
 Bill Shankly

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #241 on: October 20, 2005, 08:49:31 pm »
What an undercard!

Where is it?

Offline Mirra

• The Cock of RAWK. desperately seeking two fat ladies. His ass found glass in the grass.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No one on the corner got a swagger like me
« Reply #242 on: October 21, 2005, 09:21:07 am »
What an undercard!

Whos Mcghee fighting mate? I like him, hard as nails. Miracle hes back in the ring as well! Still never got to hear the full story about what happened to him, an argument with a neighbour or something that ended with him getting kneecapped?
Mirra, 7777 wake up the thread needs you!

Offline Des Lynam

• Left at half-time
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hi, Des here.
« Reply #243 on: October 21, 2005, 04:00:00 pm »
Anyone watch the contender re-match last night?
I should have been at work. Make of that what you will.

Offline Cleary

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: October 21, 2005, 06:28:18 pm »
Anyone watch the contender re-match last night?
Yeah big build up, to a shit fight!
 Neither deserve pro status! he got cut within the minute of round one!!

Whos Mcghee fighting mate? I like him, hard as nails. Miracle hes back in the ring as well! Still never got to hear the full story about what happened to him, an argument with a neighbour or something that ended with him getting kneecapped?

He got jumped by I think it was 4 blokes! Its a miracle he still has his leg let alone boxing again! Proper nice scar on his leg!
 Hes Fighting Takaloo and Kahns got Mitchell!
 Gonna be one hell of an evening, I got good seats too cant wait!!!
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I am very disappionted with that attitude. I can assure you it is much more important than that"
 Bill Shankly

Offline Mirra

• The Cock of RAWK. desperately seeking two fat ladies. His ass found glass in the grass.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: October 21, 2005, 09:15:49 pm »
Takaloo eh, should be a good fight that one!

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: October 22, 2005, 08:37:24 am »
Yeah big build up, to a shit fight!
 Neither deserve pro status! he got cut within the minute of round one!!

He got jumped by I think it was 4 blokes! Its a miracle he still has his leg let alone boxing again! Proper nice scar on his leg!
 Hes Fighting Takaloo and Kahns got Mitchell!
 Gonna be one hell of an evening, I got good seats too cant wait!!!

Kevin Mitchell  :o :o

Very very surprised if thats the case, they are Warrens two next big things makes no sense to match them now  :-\

Witter only just scraped another win lst night crying at the end that he needs a world title fight, hope its PBF or Ricky and they take him to school. He is a bum who is too scared to even give up his British title

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: October 22, 2005, 09:36:37 am »
Floyd or Hatton would murder Witter if he fought like that against either of them. He was terrible! Id still like to see him fight Hatton, itd be good for British Boxing, bit like the Eubank vs Benn rivalry i think. Witter isnt that far behind Hatton and I think hes got the style to beat him. But i also think its a waste of time Witter fighting Mayweather as realisticly he doesnt have a chance, what has Floyd got to gain from that fight? A few million in the bank for beating up (and i mean no disrespect to Junior by saying this) another nobody over there. He needs a big fight, no fuck it he needs to fight Hatton and Hatton needs to fight him. Thats the one the whole world wants to see, so the powers that be should make the fight happen.

David Tua won last night on a split decision as well over Cisse Salif. Ive got no idea why Tua is so popular, ive got no idea how hes not being beaten more often. He does have a hell of a left hook, and a iron chin but Lennox Lewis showed everyone the way to beat him. Box him and he cant do anything about it. That just shows the poor quality of the heavyweights right now.

Heard De La Hoya is coming back next year for a rematch with Trinidad? I wouldnt really want to see that again, Tito looked finished to me against Winky Wright. Oscar should go and fight Zab Judah or even Mayweather.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2005, 09:38:16 am by Mirra »

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: October 22, 2005, 07:48:39 pm »
Oscar against Mayweather  :o I would rather see Oscar retire gracefully than go in against Floyd or Zab Judah or Tito. Ronald did destroy him!! Oscar is a quality humble human being and an awesome fighter at whatever weight he has been at but I would like to see the golden boy hand over the baton.

As for Witter being nearly at Hattons level - no chance, Ricky would tear him apart, Witter is awkward with a good dig on him - THAT IS IT - I'd fancy Sergiou the Latin Snake Mora rather than Witter - can't stand the crying prick

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: October 23, 2005, 12:33:58 pm »
Haha not many like Witter, i think hes sound though even if he is a bit up his own arse. Hes a good mate of my cousin and the times ive met him hes actually convinced me he can beat Ricky. He certainly talks a good fight, and the things he says do actually make sense. Hes so awkward to fight against I dont think Hatton could walk forward and push him around the way he has with most during his career. Witter vs Hatton would be massive for British boxing imo. Both hate each others guts as well, legitimatley so neither will want to lose and both would give it 110%.

Id rather watch that than Ricky fighting a nobody like this next bloke. Id rather see Hatton take on a British lad.

Ricky has a dvd out tommorrow with highlights from 13 fights and its got the full Tyszu fight on it as a special feature. I heard though Ricky wont recieve a penny from the dvd as its Frank Warren bringing it out. Still might get it like even though ive got most of his fights on tape.

Offline Cleary

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: October 25, 2005, 04:23:15 pm »

Ricky has a dvd out tommorrow with highlights from 13 fights and its got the full Tyszu fight on it as a special feature. I heard though Ricky wont recieve a penny from the dvd as its Frank Warren bringing it out. Still might get it like even though ive got most of his fights on tape.
Go on ebay mate, I got every one of his pro matches on DVD for bout 13 squid!!! full fights too
 Bill Shankly

Offline Dar

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #251 on: October 25, 2005, 06:02:56 pm »

Aye he did the same when Naz split with him.

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: October 26, 2005, 02:26:00 pm »
Just read that Floyd is going to be ringside when Hatton fights in November! Its a good sign anyway. Really hope this one comes off, two great fighters at the top of their game. Why wouldnt it come off?

Offline Cleary

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: October 26, 2005, 04:50:39 pm »
Just read that Floyd is going to be ringside when Hatton fights in November! Its a good sign anyway. Really hope this one comes off, two great fighters at the top of their game. Why wouldnt it come off?
Money!!!
 Mayweather will get paid probably double Ricky for that!!!

Bill Shankly

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: October 26, 2005, 11:18:27 pm »
I think its too big not to happen like, they should just give them both what they want within reason, and make it happen. Floyd says he wants the big fights, Ricky says the same. Nothing bigger than this at the minute.

Offline Bronx Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: October 27, 2005, 01:47:34 am »
I think its too big not to happen like, they should just give them both what they want within reason, and make it happen. Floyd says he wants the big fights, Ricky says the same. Nothing bigger than this at the minute.
But to be honest im not sure how big Hatton is over here,only ive read about him and followed him a bit the only fight we seen over here was his last one.It will happen but how soon is another question,all so read where hattons corner claimed warren put his life in danger by putten him in the ring with the wrong type off fighters  ??? He is a boxer for fuck sake and if he thinks that he may need to look at himself before he steps in a ring with mayweather.(maybe it was bullshit as the press can be well you know) just thought it nstrange  excuse my ramblings

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: October 27, 2005, 01:52:38 am »
I think Hatton should of took on Mayweather straight after Tyszu. He was a hot property then in America, the Americans I know were raving about him. Nobody does things like that to Tyszu, fair enough a old Tyszu but still! Thats when the fight should of been made. On saying that though, he is recongised as the man right now because he beat the man.  I dont think Ricky will win like, I can see so many obvious flaws in his style, if I can see them the greatest mind in boxing at the minute- Floyd will deffo see them and be able to exploit them. I want to believe Ricky could hammer Mayweather but I just cant see it. Hes far too good for just about anyone right now. I cant see Hatton not fighting anywhere but Manchester though, and i think itd take a hell of an offer for Mayweather to coem over here.

Offline Cleary

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: October 30, 2005, 05:08:07 am »
I cant see Hatton not fighting anywhere but Manchester though, and i think itd take a hell of an offer for Mayweather to coem over here.

Well hes fighting in Sheffield next month!!!!
 Bill Shankly

Offline Jibby

• Main Stander
« Reply #258 on: November 3, 2005, 03:34:32 pm »
Thought i'd bump this in preparation for this weekends action. Any thoughts on the Scott Harrison v Nedal Hussein fight? I do like my boxing but would never profess to have the kind of in depth knowledge most of you guys do on this thread. Quite looking forward to the Harrison Hussein fight- even think Hussein could nick it
"I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly..."

"That was one crazy party. I am hung over."

"What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing! How 'bout we get you in your p.j."

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: November 3, 2005, 09:27:20 pm »
Im a big fan of Scott, he looks dead strong at the weight as well. I dont really know much about Hussein but the general feeling is Harrison will blast him out of there.

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: November 3, 2005, 10:22:26 pm »
NAZ READY TO RETURN
Sheffield Today UK
PRINCE Naseem Hamed today sensationally claimed he could return to the ring in the next few months.

Despite weight increase and boxing inactivity since May 2002, the Sheffield superstar hinted he's poised to launch an unlikely come-back.

"I've been boxing since I was seven years of age," said the 31-year-old. "I simply needed a break.

"I've got two beautiful sons and a wife, and wanted to spend some time with them. Now, though, I've had my break. I miss boxing and I believe boxing misses me, too."

"In the New Year you could witness something special."

Naz also named the man he feels is heir to the Hamed throne.

Australian super-featherweight Bilal Dibb, 20, will appear on Ricky Hatton's undercard in Sheffield on November 26.

"This kid is the second coming of Naseem Hamed," Naz said.

"He's an awesome fighter. He's been watching lots of my videos, and has a tremendous amount of style, charisma and flair. I urge everyone to watch this kid because I have no doubts he can go all the way."

Naz will be rooting for IBF light-welterweight champion Hatton in his unification battle with WBA titleholder Carlos Maussa at the Hallam FM Arena.

"Hatton is a great fighter," the ex WBO, IBF and WBC featherweight king declared.
"In beating Kostya Tszyu he managed to achieve something I never did in my career. He beat a legend, an all-time great.

"I believe Hatton is good enough to go on and match my 15 world title defences."
Throughout the course of Hamed's 10-year career, featherweight Naz was a big star in the USA and he is tipping Hatton to be Britain's next breakout star.

-----------

That'd be great if Naz made a comeback, whether he could or not though is another thing. I doubt it anyway. Hes put on far too much weight and hes been out so long. But we'll see, Naz at his peak against Scott Harrison would of been a hell of a fight, one id pay too watch.

Offline Bronx Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: November 4, 2005, 01:05:00 am »
Nothing but a show pony,would have lost sooner had it not been for his 10 fight contract with HBO.OK i know  u brits will slate me but when he met some real opposition he  looked very ordinary or more like a long distance runner.Was one off those guys ya wanted to see get clobbered well i did anyway

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: November 4, 2005, 10:58:29 am »
NAZ READY TO RETURN
Sheffield Today UK
PRINCE Naseem Hamed today sensationally claimed he could return to the ring in the next few months.

Despite weight increase and boxing inactivity since May 2002, the Sheffield superstar hinted he's poised to launch an unlikely come-back.

"I've been boxing since I was seven years of age," said the 31-year-old. "I simply needed a break.

"I've got two beautiful sons and a wife, and wanted to spend some time with them. Now, though, I've had my break. I miss boxing and I believe boxing misses me, too."

"In the New Year you could witness something special."

Naz also named the man he feels is heir to the Hamed throne.

Australian super-featherweight Bilal Dibb, 20, will appear on Ricky Hatton's undercard in Sheffield on November 26.

"This kid is the second coming of Naseem Hamed," Naz said.

"He's an awesome fighter. He's been watching lots of my videos, and has a tremendous amount of style, charisma and flair. I urge everyone to watch this kid because I have no doubts he can go all the way."

Naz will be rooting for IBF light-welterweight champion Hatton in his unification battle with WBA titleholder Carlos Maussa at the Hallam FM Arena.

"Hatton is a great fighter," the ex WBO, IBF and WBC featherweight king declared.
"In beating Kostya Tszyu he managed to achieve something I never did in my career. He beat a legend, an all-time great.

"I believe Hatton is good enough to go on and match my 15 world title defences."
Throughout the course of Hamed's 10-year career, featherweight Naz was a big star in the USA and he is tipping Hatton to be Britain's next breakout star.

-----------

That'd be great if Naz made a comeback, whether he could or not though is another thing. I doubt it anyway. Hes put on far too much weight and hes been out so long. But we'll see, Naz at his peak against Scott Harrison would of been a hell of a fight, one id pay too watch.

Fucking hell, what weight does he think he is gona come back in at? Wouldn't want to see it. Be very very surprised if it happens.

Reckon Harrison will do the biz this weekend. Like watching him, agree with Mirra, he must out on a good stone after the weigh in, he always looks like a beast

Also, would pay good money to see these two meet

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/4396620.stm

Both exciting as fuck, Kevin Mitchell just won Young boxer of the year against the hyped Amir Khan. Doesn't make sense for them or Warren to get it on yet but what a fight it would be

Offline cork scouser

• Legacy Fan
  • Rafa will lead us to no. 19
« Reply #263 on: November 4, 2005, 12:29:53 pm »
Any of you guys collecting the 'boxers' dvd & Magazine yoke thats out at the minute? First one was about Ali, second one about Tyson. Has 2 or 3 old fights on each dvd, plus stats and interviews. Its good but not brilliant.
Next one features Marciano.
Cork : European Capital of Culture 2005
Liverpool : European Capital of Culture 2008

Merge Cork and Liverpool into the sporting city. No one would touch us.

Offline Gigantic Lamb

• Seeks huge jar of mint sauce for quiet nights in. I need to think of a really really long Custom title. As long as possible... Any ideas PM me....I dont even like mint sauce....Whats your sauce? I am Saucy ........are you?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: November 4, 2005, 12:36:48 pm »
Hi all,
good boxing on itv4 on men and motors this weekend,
harrison and Khan!
European Cups are like houses - Ultimately it's better to own than to rent.

http://twitter.com/giganticlamb

☆☆☆☆☆

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: November 4, 2005, 01:34:59 pm »
Aye 7777 Im a fan of Kev, think hes going to go very far. Cant wait for the day when he puts Khan down ;D He will, trust me! Nothing against Khan, but i think Mitchell is the one who deserves all the hype.

Im looking forward to seeing Scott Harrison fight Alex Arthur, that would be a huge fight. I think Harrison would murder him in there like. Arthur is the more skilled of the two, but Harrison is just too powerful for him. I think he'd do worse to Arthur than what Gomez did.
Any of you guys collecting the 'boxers' dvd & Magazine yoke thats out at the minute? First one was about Ali, second one about Tyson. Has 2 or 3 old fights on each dvd, plus stats and interviews. Its good but not brilliant.
Next one features Marciano.

Aye mate i had them a few years ago when they came out on tape, been buying them on dvd though. Decent like.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: November 4, 2005, 02:13:43 pm »
Aye 7777 Im a fan of Kev, think hes going to go very far. Cant wait for the day when he puts Khan down ;D He will, trust me! Nothing against Khan, but i think Mitchell is the one who deserves all the hype.

Im looking forward to seeing Scott Harrison fight Alex Arthur, that would be a huge fight. I think Harrison would murder him in there like. Arthur is the more skilled of the two, but Harrison is just too powerful for him. I think he'd do worse to Arthur than what Gomez did.
Aye mate i had them a few years ago when they came out on tape, been buying them on dvd though. Decent like.

Love watching Kevin Mitchell, he is explosive for such a small lad, little arrogant bastard aswell!

As for Harrison/Arthur, are they the same weight, would have though Harrison would be after frying bigger fish like Barrera or manny pacquiao

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: November 4, 2005, 02:41:32 pm »
Apparently hes going for Barrera soon, but theres lots of rumours of him and Arthur fighting going around. Id love to see that before he went for Barrera.

Offline smiggers

• Kopite
« Reply #268 on: November 4, 2005, 02:58:43 pm »
Alex Arthur just ain't good enough to make it to the Barrera standards.
Michaell Gomez could vouch for that ! (Look what happened to him as well)

Scott Harrison is the same.

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: November 4, 2005, 03:11:22 pm »
Was great when Gomez destroyed Arthur like, was at that fight. Arthur didnt know where the fuck he was ;D Seen Gomez call Arthur out at one of Arthurs recent fights and he just didnt want to know. Shit scared.

Offline smiggers

• Kopite
« Reply #270 on: November 4, 2005, 03:27:48 pm »
Agreed. It was a great fight. You defo got value for money going to that one!
The first 4 or 5rds reminded me of that Barrera v Moralles epic a few yrs ago.

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: November 4, 2005, 03:33:14 pm »
you mean this one? ;D

Id love to see these two have one more, Honestly, the three they have had still doesnt really decide whos the best for me. Were all such close fights that could of gone either way I thought. Have one more ;D

Offline Jibby

• Main Stander
« Reply #272 on: November 4, 2005, 03:41:35 pm »
That left hook that Morales throws that just misses  :o  :o
"I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly..."

"What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing! How 'bout we get you in your p.j."

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: November 4, 2005, 03:42:49 pm »
Aye he was unlucky ;D I like Morales best out of the two, hes hard as fuck. Doesnt dodge anyone and it seems he cant have a straight forward win, he likes to have a war with whoever ;D

Offline Jibby

• Main Stander
« Reply #274 on: November 4, 2005, 03:55:54 pm »
I'm definitely more of a Barrera fan. Agree, a 4th fight would be awesome as the three previous fights still didn't really settle who was the best. made unbelievable viewing for us though!! :)

Offline stevenl

• Kopite
« Reply #275 on: November 5, 2005, 05:16:11 pm »
hey fellow boxing and liverpool supporters

great boxing forum were u can talk about sport and babes and boxing is here ...please sign up we have 53 members in 2 days, and we hope we can go on the up

you'd be most welcome and your posts would be greatley appreciated

www.worldboxingforums.com

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: November 5, 2005, 06:22:29 pm »
Did anybdy watch the fight last night, Ian Napa v Martin Powers, awesome fight, toe to toe stuff, cracking fight, split decision that went Powers way but defo one of the best fights I've seen this year.

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: November 5, 2005, 11:58:51 pm »
Khan fight was a bit of a waste of time if you ask me. We know he can beat guys like that, he should be in 6 rounders like Duke McKenzie and Barry Mac said. Mcguigan gets on your nerves though, you'd think he was Sugar Ray Robinson the way he goes on. Jim Watt is the same. They forget the lad is only 18, only in his 3rd professional fight. What more did Mcguigan want from him?

Harrison fight was a tough one, dont think Scott will be able to stay at featherweight though, hes 28 now and its getting hard for him. He looked knackered tonight. Think he should move up. Good win for him though. Had a few shaky moments but did the job.

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: November 6, 2005, 05:05:03 am »
Cant believe this, I cant sleep so I got up and had a look at a few websites i normally visit. Klitchko has pulled out of his title defence against Rahman AGAIN. 4th time now, fight was supposed to happen a year ago but he keeps pulling out. Deffo should strip him of his title I think. Hes the Russian Calzaghe, scared to fight! ;D

Hope they do fight though, hope Rock switches him off as well!

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: November 6, 2005, 07:34:14 pm »
So do I, biggest farce ever is him being champion, worst heavyweight division in years, all depends on which Rahman turns up though if they do get it on