Author Topic: Wrexham FC  (Read 49600 times)

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
Re: Wrexham FC
« Reply #240 on: October 25, 2022, 07:22:25 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63385682

"Wrexham have banned striker Paul Mullin from wearing boots featuring an offensive slogan about the Conservative Party."

Absolutely shitty from Wrexham on this one, especially this bit: "The club also acknowledge that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, whether that be employees or supporters but would also highlight that an individual view cannot be fairly attributed, as the view of everyone or the club itself.
"There is no more prominent example of this than the fact that the MP for the constituency within which the club is found, is a Conservative seat."

Must be some utter Tory somewhere running things, and my money is firmly on Sean Harvey!

100% with Paul Mullin on this one - Fuck The Tories!
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #241 on: October 25, 2022, 07:28:59 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63385682

"Wrexham have banned striker Paul Mullin from wearing boots featuring an offensive slogan about the Conservative Party."

Absolutely shitty from Wrexham on this one, especially this bit: "The club also acknowledge that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, whether that be employees or supporters but would also highlight that an individual view cannot be fairly attributed, as the view of everyone or the club itself.
"There is no more prominent example of this than the fact that the MP for the constituency within which the club is found, is a Conservative seat."

Must be some utter Tory somewhere running things, and my money is firmly on Sean Harvey!

100% with Paul Mullin on this one - Fuck The Tories!

Wrexham is a Tory town (at least now).

Another factor is they're looking at a levelling up fund from the Tories for their new stand (good luck with that with austerity 2.0).
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #242 on: October 25, 2022, 07:49:11 pm »
Nice boots. The other side of them had a print of Liverpool's skyline on too. Viva Paul Mullin.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #243 on: October 25, 2022, 11:18:48 pm »
Wrexham is a Tory town (at least now).

Another factor is they're looking at a levelling up fund from the Tories for their new stand (good luck with that with austerity 2.0).

Its generally a labour town, this was a vote for brexit

A mate of mine is a Wrexham fan and a Tory, he made the point about levelling up funds for the ground.  Surely governments dont make such decisions based on someones boots.

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: October 25, 2022, 11:23:30 pm »
I think having a profanity no matter who it's directed at (rightly in this case) would see some sort of blowback from your employer.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: October 26, 2022, 07:00:19 pm »
He'd have been banned,has still managed to get "Fuck The Tories" spoken about on US twatter,so it worked out well.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: October 26, 2022, 11:13:54 pm »
Whilst people can appreciate that Wrexham had to say "sorry lad, you can't do that", their statement sounds like it was written by their local Tory MP herself -- someone who's been vocally a massive bellend on Twitter when rightfully criticised.

Unified the whole fan base even more, from what I hear from Wrexham mates. Fuck the Tories sung loud and proud last night.
Stan Laurel

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: October 27, 2022, 08:46:18 am »
Great stuff from Mullin, was never going to be able to wear them though.

Wrexham has a Tory MP now and they are indeed needing some help from the local MP to renovate the Kop end of the ground. If the club endorsed the boots or didn’t say anything, things could have just been made difficult for them when rebuilding the Kop/obtaining government funds.

If Wrexham hadn’t have stopped him wearing them and made a statement, he’d have ended up being banned anyway I suspect which would have been disastrous for them.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #248 on: March 3, 2023, 11:11:43 am »
Looked at their league table & it's

1st, Wrexham, P34 pts 84
2nd, Notts County P35 pts 83

Wrexham play Notts County in April

Just to note, 3rd placed Woking are P34 pts 62.
« Last Edit: March 3, 2023, 12:04:29 pm by Statto Red »
#Sausages

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #249 on: March 3, 2023, 12:17:33 pm »
Hopefully Wrexham can keep hold of that top spot, rather than have to go through the playoff trauma again!

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: March 3, 2023, 01:46:10 pm »
Looked at their league table & it's

1st, Wrexham, P34 pts 84
2nd, Notts County P35 pts 83

Wrexham play Notts County in April

Just to note, 3rd placed Woking are P34 pts 62.

For the sake of the competitiveness of the league, I really hope both Wrexham and Notts County get promoted. Otherwise next season is another write off for the rest of the clubs in terms of coming top.

Also, the gap between the National League and League 2 is so minor now there really should be three promotion spots in line with the rest of structure.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: March 3, 2023, 02:16:05 pm »
Wrexham with the best PPG in the top 5 leagues. Impressive.
Stan Laurel

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: March 3, 2023, 02:24:42 pm »
For the sake of the competitiveness of the league, I really hope both Wrexham and Notts County get promoted. Otherwise next season is another write off for the rest of the clubs in terms of coming top.

Also, the gap between the National League and League 2 is so minor now there really should be three promotion spots in line with the rest of structure.

Plus They are like 20 points ahead of 3rd, it wouldnt be right if they both didnt go up.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #253 on: March 3, 2023, 02:29:15 pm »

Half of the clubs in national league are former EFL clubs too.

The national league playoff system is different than in the EFL, it's a 6 team playoff, with top 2 seeds having a bye, but all matches are one leg matches, highest placed team gets home advantage.

A second series of the Wrexham documentary is being filmed, which will be interesting.
#Sausages

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #254 on: March 3, 2023, 02:50:54 pm »

Yeah I do wonder why there is still only 2 teams getting relegated. Must suck on the occasion where the run away 2nd place loses in the play off's as well. I'm sure its happened before

Unselfishly i'd like to see Southend go back up as they are the closest side to me currently apart from Colchester. Feels like a lifetime ago when both Essex clubs were in the Championship.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #255 on: March 3, 2023, 04:02:24 pm »

Unselfishly i'd like to see Southend go back up as they are the closest side to me currently

Wouldn't that be a purely selfish reason?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #256 on: March 3, 2023, 06:07:53 pm »

It's a bit top heavy because you've got the likes of Notts County, Wrexham and Chesterfield who are League One level clubs and in the case of the first two League One ready teams and budgets.

Grimsby were in this league as well last season and needed the play offs to go up (another League One level club). Stockport won the division, another club with a big fanbase and financial backing who could go up again this season.

Then you get clubs like Southend, Oldham and Scunthorpe who are also always been in EFL who have come down in a real shambles off the pitch. The last two have had recent takeovers so will expect to compete next season if they can stay up.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline DanJay87

• Legacy Fan
  • Gosh it's Tosh!
« Reply #257 on: March 6, 2023, 01:27:27 pm »
Wouldn't that be a purely selfish reason?

Shellfish surely

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #258 on: April 7, 2023, 07:12:12 pm »
Notts County won their match, whilst Wrexham lost at Halifax, both teams are now on 100 points which is wild [Wrexham have a game in hand], & Wrexham play Notts County on Monday 3pm.
#Sausages

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: April 7, 2023, 07:15:54 pm »
Notts County won their match, whilst Wrexham lost at Halifax, both teams are now on 100 points which is wild [Wrexham have a game in hand], & Wrexham play Notts County on Monday 3pm.

Im going to the Wrexham game on Monday, todays results means its even bigger.

Should be a cracker  :lickin

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: April 7, 2023, 07:39:10 pm »
They’ve also both scored the same number of goals but Notts County have a better GD due to conceding just three less.

Whichever one of them doesn’t finish first, I really hope they win the play offs. Ridiculous only one team goes up from that league automatically.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: April 7, 2023, 07:40:14 pm »
They’ve also both scored the same number of goals but Notts County have a better GD due to conceding just three less.

Whichever one of them doesn’t finish first, I really hope they win the play offs. Ridiculous only one team goes up from that league automatically.

Especially given the difference between these two and the rest of the league

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #262 on: April 7, 2023, 07:48:34 pm »
That's the crazy thing too, both have 100 points, Woking in 3rd are 25 points behind, yet one of the teams with 100 points could well lose in the playoffs.

Think it's going to be one of those tight, tense matches on Monday, can see it being 0-0, 1-1, or 1-0, a draw would suit Wrexham more as long as they win all their remaining matches.
#Sausages

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #263 on: April 10, 2023, 03:42:04 pm »
Typical tight tense match after all the hype, refs are just as bad as they are in the premier league, Wrexham should have had a penalty.
#Sausages

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #264 on: April 10, 2023, 03:46:04 pm »
Mullin with a free kick that Dan Biggar would be proud of. ;D
#Sausages

Offline In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: April 10, 2023, 03:51:10 pm »
Mullin is way too good for the league easily a L1 level player.
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #266 on: April 10, 2023, 03:52:10 pm »
Notts County lead with a cracker of a free kick.
#Sausages

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #267 on: April 10, 2023, 03:52:17 pm »
Go Ryan Reynolds FC

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #268 on: April 10, 2023, 03:53:04 pm »
What a freekick!

Everytime I watch Wrexham, Mullin dives about and has a bad tackle in him.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #269 on: April 10, 2023, 03:55:47 pm »
That free kick the first bit of quality in the match, been a tight, tense match.
#Sausages

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #270 on: April 10, 2023, 04:30:57 pm »
Mullin is way too good for the league easily a L1 level player.

Like James Norwood at Tranmere when they were in the National. Went to 1st Division Ipswich later.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #271 on: April 10, 2023, 04:31:28 pm »
That throw in from Tozier is just nuts, as good if not better than a corner
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #272 on: April 10, 2023, 04:31:40 pm »
To play such a high line as County, you need VAR, or very good linesmen.

Luckily for them, both these were born in Nottingham.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #273 on: April 10, 2023, 04:32:19 pm »
I see young Ben Foster is playing in goal for Wrexham

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: April 10, 2023, 04:33:37 pm »
Cracking goal that!

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #275 on: April 10, 2023, 04:33:46 pm »
Nice goal from Wexham 2-1

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: April 10, 2023, 04:38:34 pm »
Wow, 2-2 what a game this is  ;D

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #277 on: April 10, 2023, 04:38:45 pm »
Great second half this! 2-2
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: April 10, 2023, 04:41:09 pm »
Very entertaining game this

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #279 on: April 10, 2023, 04:41:18 pm »