Author Topic: Where to watch the champs league final  (Read 241429 times)

Online Andy2508

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
Re: Where to watch the champs league final
« Reply #2000 on: May 28, 2022, 11:23:57 am »
Just arrived in the city (Liverpool, not Paris unfortunately!), now to enjoy the day and watch the red men lift ol’ big ears tonight  :wave

Offline kev_goss

• Lost: Remote control puppy. Please help reunite a tearful child with his pride and joy
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Goodnight sweet girl gonna miss you
« Reply #2001 on: May 28, 2022, 11:53:33 am »
Ok, I don't know anything about parking, but there must be somewhere closer to Aintree than South Parkway!

If you can get to Bootle strand, there's a fuckoff big carpark across the road, the train 1/2 stops to sandhills then the Southport train used to come 5 mins after you got off to Aintree.

Travelling up from Derbyshire and staying near penny lane, anyone know any pubs there to watch it?
It is very important to generate a good attitude, a good heart, as much as possible. From this, happiness in both the short term and the long term for both yourself and others will come.
Dalai Lama

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2002 on: May 28, 2022, 12:03:32 pm »

If you can get to Bootle strand, there's a fuckoff big carpark across the road, the train 1/2 stops to sandhills then the Southport train used to come 5 mins after you got off to Aintree.

Travelling up from Derbyshire and staying near penny lane, anyone know any pubs there to watch it?

You need the Ormskirk train for Aintree, not the Southport train.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline kev_goss

• Lost: Remote control puppy. Please help reunite a tearful child with his pride and joy
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2003 on: May 28, 2022, 12:08:45 pm »
You need the Ormskirk train for Aintree, not the Southport train.

Ahhh so you do mate, been a while since I lived in Bootle.
It is very important to generate a good attitude, a good heart, as much as possible. From this, happiness in both the short term and the long term for both yourself and others will come.
Dalai Lama

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2004 on: May 28, 2022, 12:42:35 pm »

Plenty of places around there mate. Penny lane wine bar loads on allerton road...smithdown you've the brookhouse dirty Nellie's...loads of selection mate to be fair
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2005 on: May 28, 2022, 12:51:04 pm »
Plenty of places around there mate. Penny lane wine bar loads on allerton road...smithdown you've the brookhouse dirty Nellie's...loads of selection mate to be fair

Aye. I'll be at Nellies, but I've also been in Fogherty's further up Smithdown, they'll be showing it too I imagine.

Lark Lane appears to be ticket only, so probably best avoiding. I'd steer clear of the Brookhouse too, only because it's so big. Bigger the pub, the more people inside, the harder it will be to fight your way to the bar and the longer you wait to get served.

The Willow Bank by Asda on Smithdown usually show the game, as does Kelly's. Plenty of good options that keep you out of the city centre.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #2006 on: May 28, 2022, 12:51:32 pm »
Concert Square is bouncing already.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #2007 on: May 28, 2022, 01:02:37 pm »
Anyone know if LFCTV going to have any free access today or tomorrow?
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline kev_goss

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2008 on: May 28, 2022, 01:20:41 pm »
Aye. I'll be at Nellies, but I've also been in Fogherty's further up Smithdown, they'll be showing it too I imagine.

Lark Lane appears to be ticket only, so probably best avoiding. I'd steer clear of the Brookhouse too, only because it's so big. Bigger the pub, the more people inside, the harder it will be to fight your way to the bar and the longer you wait to get served.

The Willow Bank by Asda on Smithdown usually show the game, as does Kelly's. Plenty of good options that keep you out of the city centre.

Cheers mate, were staying in earlsfield road so might try the richmond. we dont get in until 1830hrs so gonna be a nightmare.
Dalai Lama

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2009 on: May 28, 2022, 01:34:33 pm »

Cheers mate, were staying in earlsfield road so might try the richmond. we dont get in until 1830hrs so gonna be a nightmare.

Oof mate, that's tough. Back in 2019 I got to the pub for 5pm and got the last seat by virtue of my mate and her mum saving it for me. This year I'm aiming for 4pm. Fingers crossed you can get a seat and rest your legs after all that travelling!

Popcorn's Art

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2010 on: May 28, 2022, 01:34:46 pm »
Anyone know if LFCTV going to have any free access today or tomorrow?
Just the audio commentary that they do for every game. They'll likely have the replay up after the game though cup finals tend to be delayed.

Offline palimpsest

• Kopite
« Reply #2011 on: May 28, 2022, 01:36:39 pm »
I found a couple of pubs advertising the game one in Brookline,one in Cambridge so that's a plus.Now can i get my shit together!!

Phoenix Landing is the place to be. And if you can’t get in, they have spill over bars.
We had dreams and songs to sing...

Offline kev_goss

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2012 on: May 28, 2022, 01:42:28 pm »
Oof mate, that's tough. Back in 2019 I got to the pub for 5pm and got the last seat by virtue of my mate and her mum saving it for me. This year I'm aiming for 4pm. Fingers crossed you can get a seat and rest your legs after all that travelling!

Seat don't bother me mate as long as I can watch it. 2019 I was back in Bootle to watch it so was in the pub by 12, Admittedly I didn't start drinking until 6ish so I'd remember the game. Bit of a lightweight so 4 pints I'm anyones.
Dalai Lama

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2013 on: May 28, 2022, 02:34:37 pm »
Phoenix Landing is the place to be. And if you can’t get in, they have spill over bars.

Yeah,i watched the 2005 final there and it was packed out then,so no chance now with their members stuff,it's to small  and a wee bit  hipstery.My go to pub in Central sq got a perma covid closed not found a cool place since!Irish pubs are dead in Boston. :'(

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #2014 on: May 28, 2022, 02:40:20 pm »
Just the audio commentary that they do for every game. They'll likely have the replay up after the game though cup finals tend to be delayed.

Cheers mate. Just wish there was somewhere I can get my fix of watching the build up and scenes over there
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2015 on: May 28, 2022, 03:51:20 pm »
Got to Nellies for 3.45. It's empty. Got a Madri and a coke. Will just alternate between drinks and potter about on my phone to kill time and avoid getting smashed. ;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #2016 on: May 28, 2022, 04:13:26 pm »
Cheers mate. Just wish there was somewhere I can get my fix of watching the build up and scenes over there

2 hours before kickoff LFC have their prematch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpivMDBmZZk
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #2017 on: May 28, 2022, 05:34:30 pm »
Walked through town 3pm & it was heaving, im in my local for the match & thats heaving now
#Sausages

Online Andy2508

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #2018 on: May 28, 2022, 06:17:00 pm »
Walked through town 3pm & it was heaving, im in my local for the match & thats heaving now

Been mad busy all day in town mate, great atmosphere. Just got into the arena and it’s building in here now

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #2019 on: May 28, 2022, 07:00:38 pm »
I'm waiting for my train

Expecting to take some glorious shots of an empty Liverpool

And hear thunder from all directions

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2020 on: May 28, 2022, 07:20:52 pm »
I’m watching while working at a wedding in the middle of Ireland. A real mix of man Utd Madrid and Liverpool fans it would appear.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2021 on: May 28, 2022, 08:08:10 pm »
Hello anyone new to the area!

Even the graffiti is sound!

Offline Bennyo

• Wasn't arsed about having a custom title, so all he got was this.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2022 on: May 28, 2022, 08:51:30 pm »
Anyone else having a fucking mare with BT Sport? Sorry to have to come on here to ask. Not out. Just on the telly.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2023 on: May 28, 2022, 10:58:24 pm »
I

STILL

BELIEVE

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2024 on: May 29, 2022, 09:26:29 am »
So, for everyone wondering, I spent my evening surviving a Martian Invasion in London (The War of the Worlds Experience).

Highly recommend it.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2025 on: May 29, 2022, 09:28:32 am »
Anyone else having a fucking mare with BT Sport? Sorry to have to come on here to ask. Not out. Just on the telly.

Yeah, I had Jake Humphrey on mine too.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2026 on: May 29, 2022, 06:50:53 pm »
So, for everyone wondering, I spent my evening surviving a Martian Invasion in London (The War of the Worlds Experience).

Highly recommend it.

Good to know! Are you going to give the wife a favour back, or do you think our result makes it even?

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2027 on: May 29, 2022, 06:52:00 pm »

Highly recommend it.
I've seen that on social media. How long does it last?

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2028 on: May 29, 2022, 10:17:56 pm »
Good to know! Are you going to give the wife a favour back, or do you think our result makes it even?

I don't work that way :)
Genuinely brilliant and a lot of thought went into it. I'm going to take her to see Upstart Crow later in the year as it's something she loves.

I've seen that on social media. How long does it last?

Not sure exactly. You have to leave phones and stuff behind. I'd say it was a couple of hours and you can arrange to have a meal pretty much waiting for you when you finish.
I've seen the live version of WotW and though both are good, if I had to have done just one, it would have been the Experience thing.