Author Topic: Liverpool Summer tour & pre-season games  (Read 587206 times)

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Liverpool Summer tour 2015 - Australia and Maylasia CONFIRMED
« Reply #240 on: July 12, 2015, 04:08:24 pm »
Arsed about he who must not be named.  Get Canos on the next plane out, that lad deserves a spot.

Not over Kent, Wilson or Ojo.

Can't take every youngster.

Offline harrylfc

• Legacy Fan
  • XABI'S MATE
« Reply #241 on: July 12, 2015, 04:19:26 pm »
That picture IS of reds fans having a go at Sterling,I know the lad in the red T-shirt,never misses a game home or away.....

Offline Packalacky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: July 12, 2015, 04:50:56 pm »
Borini must be really thick if after all this time he still needs to be hinted at or told that he's not wanted :) Anyone know what airport the lads flew out from?

He has a contract with us and wants to fight for his place. Nothing wrong with that. Or do you prefer players missing training sessions and having a go at the club in order to leave? Can't have it both ways.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: July 12, 2015, 04:58:42 pm »
He has a contract with us and wants to fight for his place. Nothing wrong with that. Or do you prefer players missing training sessions and having a go at the club in order to leave? Can't have it both ways.

True but ever thought that he isn't now part of the 1st team squad?

He will be at Melwood training with the reserves for the next few weeks. What's with that?

Offline Packalacky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: July 12, 2015, 05:19:39 pm »
It's not unheard of for clubs to use preseason as a shop window to move players on. This is one are I feel we always get shafted and it needs to improve. Treating players badly when they are no longer wasted is rarely a good way to get a decent fee for them. It also looks bad and unprofessional for the club.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #245 on: July 12, 2015, 05:23:52 pm »
It's not unheard of for clubs to use preseason as a shop window to move players on. This is one are I feel we always get shafted and it needs to improve. Treating players badly when they are no longer wasted is rarely a good way to get a decent fee for them. It also looks bad and unprofessional for the club.

Not sure how them being part of the squad is in anyway bad or unprofessional, in fact it's a part of football and one of the main reasons players are sold.

Borini was told last summer he was not part of the team, Rodgers even took the step of doing it in the public realm that he would be best looking elsewhere. He didn't even though he had numerous offers on the table where he would of got constant game time. So I don't see why leaving him out of the tour, after a season of being left out of the team, is bad at all.

I'd also say that preseason games, for us, shouldn't be anything to do with putting players in the shop window. For one it's ridiculous to think that 45 minutes in a few half paced friendly games (as it tends to be) would be enough to sway any clubs to outlay millions (fee & wages) on a player.

Offline Packalacky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: July 12, 2015, 05:33:26 pm »
Not sure how them being part of the squad is in anyway bad or unprofessional, in fact it's a part of football and one of the main reasons players are sold.

Borini was told last summer he was not part of the team, Rodgers even took the step of doing it in the public realm that he would be best looking elsewhere. He didn't even though he had numerous offers on the table where he would of got constant game time. So I don't see why leaving him out of the tour, after a season of being left out of the team, is bad at all.

I'd also say that preseason games, for us, shouldn't be anything to do with putting players in the shop window. For one it's ridiculous to think that 45 minutes in a few half paced friendly games (as it tends to be) would be enough to sway any clubs to outlay millions (fee & wages) on a player.

Wasn't Henderson also told he was not wanted and we had a deal with Fulham? Wonder what happened next.

I just think there's a better way to handle these things than to freeze a player out for an entire season, especially when we are lacking in the position he plays, just to make a point. In the end it just means he losses value and we get less money than we normally should.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #247 on: July 12, 2015, 05:43:20 pm »
That picture IS of reds fans having a go at Sterling,I know the lad in the red T-shirt,never misses a game home or away.....
Yeah, it certainly seems to be Liverpool fans so not sure why anyone's denying it.  Kid in a Liverpool hat to the right...

Happened regularly last season.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #248 on: July 12, 2015, 06:15:34 pm »
I just wanted to wish the team and support staff a safe flight and a good trip without injuries. All the best lads, keep well for august!
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #249 on: July 12, 2015, 06:17:18 pm »
Wasn't Henderson also told he was not wanted and we had a deal with Fulham? Wonder what happened next.

Henderson had both a desire to improve and ability though.

I just think there's a better way to handle these things than to freeze a player out for an entire season, especially when we are lacking in the position he plays, just to make a point. In the end it just means he losses value and we get less money than we normally should.

Are we talking the season or the tour now? As if it's the latter if doesn't lower his value at all.

Offline Packalacky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: July 12, 2015, 06:36:04 pm »
Henderson had both a desire to improve and ability though.

Are we talking the season or the tour now? As if it's the latter if doesn't lower his value at all.

So Borini has no desire to improve or ability? Seems to have done well while on loan at Sunderland. And freezing him out is a continuation of the treatment from the previous season, doesn't seem right to me at least. Anyway, that's my view on it.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 07:56:01 pm by Packalacky »

Offline Banksman

• Bit Anal
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #251 on: July 12, 2015, 07:52:42 pm »
Bit anal I know but if anyone is interested you can track flight on flightradar24 - tap in HFY772 in search and it tells you where flight is
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 08:13:57 pm by Banksman »

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: July 12, 2015, 07:59:12 pm »
But anal I know

Terrific first post mate.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Packalacky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: July 12, 2015, 08:01:03 pm »
Terrific first post mate.

Custom title material  ;D

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: July 12, 2015, 08:02:14 pm »
Ffs should be bit, oh well geek alert
Say what now? ???

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #255 on: July 12, 2015, 08:04:12 pm »
But anal I know but if anyone is interested you can track flight on flightradar24 - tap in HFY772 in search and it tells you where flight is

Good way to make an impact. Sneaking through the backdoor doesn't seem your style.

Offline Banksman

• Bit Anal
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #256 on: July 12, 2015, 08:05:09 pm »
 ;D

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #257 on: July 12, 2015, 08:37:11 pm »
Bit anal I know but if anyone is interested you can track flight on flightradar24 - tap in HFY772 in search and it tells you where flight is

Date Registered: October 11, 2010, 04:57:50 PM

"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: July 13, 2015, 02:15:57 am »
I think the Brisbane game is nowhere near sold out to be honest although it has been advertised as such. Far too many people trying to get rid of tickets and many people that missed out on tickets initially now not in a position to get them and arrange travel. The tickets will probably end up getting snapped up by casual football fans etc but it's the second time this has happened with a similar mad scramble before the Melbourne game.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: July 13, 2015, 04:03:09 am »
I think the Brisbane game is nowhere near sold out to be honest although it has been advertised as such. Far too many people trying to get rid of tickets and many people that missed out on tickets initially now not in a position to get them and arrange travel. The tickets will probably end up getting snapped up by casual football fans etc but it's the second time this has happened with a similar mad scramble before the Melbourne game.

Thats so weird. Was so fucking hard to get tickets in the first place ???

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: July 13, 2015, 04:21:12 am »
There are tickets available on ticketek at the moment. And that includes Kop tickets. My friends just bought them last night.

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Henderson Our Hero

• Founding Member of the Claire Rourke Fan Club - Swedish Branch (vi håller ögonen på dig....)
  • Kopite
  • This is Jordan
« Reply #261 on: July 13, 2015, 07:27:49 am »
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 07:30:05 am by Henderson Our Hero »

Offline del23

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kemlynite
  • Quit the analysis Ronnie!!
« Reply #262 on: July 13, 2015, 07:35:23 am »
Apologies if this is the wrong place to put this, there does not seem to be Ticket Exchange thread for the Adelaide game?
I have two spare tickets in section 314, if anyone is interested send me a PM? I will be in Adelaide for the game, arriving in the day before.
Every other Sat'day's me half day off......

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: July 13, 2015, 10:13:46 am »

I reckon scalpers went in for it after the amount of interest in the Melbourne game. Melbourne is a completely different culture though and I suspect a lot of them got caught holding a lot of tickets.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #264 on: July 13, 2015, 10:44:21 am »
Ballotelli would of been for family reasons.
I don't think so since he was back for at least one training after his father's funeral.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #265 on: July 13, 2015, 11:03:46 am »
I reckon scalpers went in for it after the amount of interest in the Melbourne game. Melbourne is a completely different culture though and I suspect a lot of them got caught holding a lot of tickets.

Not just scalpers, from what I saw on here and a few other places groups of mates all tried to buy tickets and it ended up with multiple in the group managing to get them - so they end up with 2 or 3 times the amount of tickets they needed and prevented other fans who would of bought from doing so.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #266 on: July 13, 2015, 11:07:03 am »
Anyone have a list with fixtures and time they're on?

I don't ask too much  ;D

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline redintweed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #267 on: July 13, 2015, 11:10:14 am »
Ticketek totally fucked the Brisbane game up, just like they did in Melbourne back in 2013. Heaps of fans needed up with extra tickets, some that were looking for 2 tickets ended up being seated miles away. Ticketek are a bunch of c**ts and don't give a shit. I was on a plane back from the US and got a mate to get tickets and we ended up with average seats too close to the fence. Have to do the right thing as he bought them for me and my lad but could have got Kop tickets since no problems. I hope if LFC ever come back to Australia they never use Ticketek again.

Having said that I am primed for the game. It won't be anything special as a game and I think the training session will be more interesting to be honest. And that's another thing that shits me about Ticketek, LFC are donating all the gate takings to local charities (for the open training session) but Ticketek still charged a $6 fee for printing out your own tickets at home. Why couldn't they have waived this and also donated that money to charity as well. Fuckers!

Just looked and there are plenty of tickets still available. So much for the sellout and this will make it harder to get our lads back to Australia again.
I'd rather play for Liverpool Reserves than Everton.

Offline JustDan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: July 13, 2015, 11:21:23 am »
Anyone have a list with fixtures and time they're on?

I don't ask too much  ;D
The official Liverpool website is your friend.

Offline SlowRap

• Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #269 on: July 13, 2015, 11:32:21 am »
The official Liverpool website is your friend.

Thanks

Here it is for anyone else that's looking

Tue - 14   Friendly   Thai All Stars   14:00
Fri - 17   Friendly   Brisbane Roar   09:45
Mon - 20   Friendly   Adelaide United   10:30
Fri - 24   Friendly   Malaysia XI   13:45

Aug-15         
Sat - 1   Friendly   HJK   17:30

Offline OzBomber

• Favourite manager Tommy Tootchel favourite Player Naby 'lid' Kyta
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: July 13, 2015, 11:42:05 am »
Ticketek totally fucked the Brisbane game up, just like they did in Melbourne back in 2013. Heaps of fans needed up with extra tickets, some that were looking for 2 tickets ended up being seated miles away. Ticketek are a bunch of c**ts and don't give a shit. I was on a plane back from the US and got a mate to get tickets and we ended up with average seats too close to the fence. Have to do the right thing as he bought them for me and my lad but could have got Kop tickets since no problems. I hope if LFC ever come back to Australia they never use Ticketek again.

Having said that I am primed for the game. It won't be anything special as a game and I think the training session will be more interesting to be honest. And that's another thing that shits me about Ticketek, LFC are donating all the gate takings to local charities (for the open training session) but Ticketek still charged a $6 fee for printing out your own tickets at home. Why couldn't they have waived this and also donated that money to charity as well. Fuckers!

Just looked and there are plenty of tickets still available. So much for the sellout and this will make it harder to get our lads back to Australia again.
I think it was stupid having two matches at mid-sized stadiums rather than one stadium at giant venue.

Brisbane has never been a sports mad city so no idea why they are playing there. More than half the supporters going to Brisbane I would say would be from interstate. Adelaide is fair enough as it is a fantastic ground with a great atmosphere. But the two biggest supporters clubs are in Sydney and Melbourne so it's odd why they wouldn't atleast go to Sydney.

Next time they should fill up the G again or go the ANZ stadium. The MCG made news around the world for the rendition of YNWA because it was 95,000 singing it. I can't see the same happening for the renditions in Adelaide and Brisbane.

Offline OzBomber

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: July 13, 2015, 11:49:57 am »
Also here's one of the banners which will be shown at the two games. Made by the NSW supporters club.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: July 13, 2015, 12:13:08 pm »
I think it was stupid having two matches at mid-sized stadiums rather than one stadium at giant venue.

Brisbane has never been a sports mad city so no idea why they are playing there. More than half the supporters going to Brisbane I would say would be from interstate. Adelaide is fair enough as it is a fantastic ground with a great atmosphere. But the two biggest supporters clubs are in Sydney and Melbourne so it's odd why they wouldn't atleast go to Sydney.

Next time they should fill up the G again or go the ANZ stadium. The MCG made news around the world for the rendition of YNWA because it was 95,000 singing it. I can't see the same happening for the renditions in Adelaide and Brisbane.

And the manner in which ticketek handled the ticket sales means many people that would have liked to watch the game couldn't get tickets, and decided not the make travel arrangements. So now that tickets are still available they still can't make it. I work with a guy who is an old time Liverpool supporter of 50 odd years that was looking to get tickets for him and his family and got absolutely nowhere initially. Now there are loads of tickets available but he doesn't know if his family can make the trip from around Australia.  Also, the ticket prices for the Brisbane game are far more expensive than the Adelaide. The Kop tickets for example are nearly half the price in Adelaide.

Offline OzBomber

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: July 13, 2015, 12:28:32 pm »
And the manner in which ticketek handled the ticket sales means many people that would have liked to watch the game couldn't get tickets, and decided not the make travel arrangements. So now that tickets are still available they still can't make it. I work with a guy who is an old time Liverpool supporter of 50 odd years that was looking to get tickets for him and his family and got absolutely nowhere initially. Now there are loads of tickets available but he doesn't know if his family can make the trip from around Australia.  Also, the ticket prices for the Brisbane game are far more expensive than the Adelaide. The Kop tickets for example are nearly half the price in Adelaide.
Yep, I was in the same boat.

Was planning on going but couldn't get tickets originally. Now that there's tickets everywhere it's too late to make arrangements. Not too arsed as I'm going to Anfield next year for a couple of games but still would have been good to see them out here.

Offline Henderson Our Hero

• Founding Member of the Claire Rourke Fan Club - Swedish Branch (vi håller ögonen på dig....)
  • Kopite
  • This is Jordan
« Reply #274 on: July 13, 2015, 12:42:21 pm »
Thanks

Here it is for anyone else that's looking

Tue - 14   Friendly   Thai All Stars   14:00
Fri - 17   Friendly   Brisbane Roar   09:45
Mon - 20   Friendly   Adelaide United   10:30
Fri - 24   Friendly   Malaysia XI   13:45

Aug-15         
Sat - 1   Friendly   HJK   17:30

Is that local or UK time tho?

Brisbane 0945 indicates its UK time but Thao allstars 1400 would be superlate localtime.

Offline mjk

• Anny Roader
« Reply #275 on: July 13, 2015, 12:45:14 pm »
Is that local or UK time tho?

Brisbane 0945 indicates its UK time but Thao allstars 1400 would be superlate localtime.

Its UK time, Thailand is 6 hours ahead, so 1400pm kick off is 8pm local time, so not that late.

Offline Twitter.com

• 140 character limitation. Laugh now but one day he'll be in chorge. Media junkie.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: July 13, 2015, 01:15:55 pm »
Stifling conditions for @LFC training: game currently being played on a pitch that is cutting up very easily. Yellow bibs v White bibs

Y: Clyne, Skrtel Lovren, Moreno Ibe, Henderson, Milner, Allen, Lallana, Origi

W: Markovic, Toure, Sakho, Gomez, Wisdom, Rossiter, Lucas, Teixeira Ings, Lambert
^ That's what you get for posting twitter shite kids.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #277 on: July 13, 2015, 01:49:16 pm »

Happened regularly last season.
I wonder why..

Online rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: July 13, 2015, 02:36:38 pm »
Is this first game on LFCTV? Hopefully there will be a few streams around.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #279 on: July 13, 2015, 02:40:17 pm »
Is this first game on LFCTV? Hopefully there will be a few streams around.

I think all the games are being shown on LFCTV.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."