Author Topic: The Anfield Wrap  (Read 3308083 times)

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
Re: The Anfield Wrap
« Reply #16640 on: August 25, 2017, 02:01:15 pm »
Bundle of laughs wasn't she? :lmao

It's just refreshing to not hear her bang on about how great everyone is and calling people 'the ox'

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #16641 on: August 25, 2017, 02:10:13 pm »
Can't agree with that.

The hard-shoulder shitter.  Ol' Purple Nose.  He deserves plenty of nicknames.

I quite like Captain Nosehair.
Kill the humourless

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #16642 on: August 26, 2017, 02:47:26 am »
That Arsenal fan on the Friday show.

Delightful to hear her. Hope her salty tears are stinging her.
"If you don't wanna play for our club then see you lighter".

Think we need to expand Tommy's suicide watch.   ???
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16643 on: August 26, 2017, 05:37:56 am »
It's just refreshing to not hear her bang on about how great everyone is and calling people 'the ox'

I swear her eyes must have been welling up when Neil asked her if she was alright and that she seemed unusually down. She then went on about getting old etc etc. All seemed a bit much.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Online lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16644 on: August 26, 2017, 11:57:11 am »
Jaysus all very pally with the Salford Wrap lads on the Friday show!

Online JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16645 on: August 27, 2017, 08:06:26 am »
Jaysus all very pally with the Salford Wrap lads on the Friday show!

"Jose Moulds United In His Image"

Fucking hell, nearly spat me coffee out when that title appeared as a notification, thought I was subscribing to the wrong podcast.

---It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love-- william melvin hicks

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #16646 on: August 27, 2017, 07:36:04 pm »
The two guys from Buffalo.... picked the right matches to come over...

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16647 on: August 28, 2017, 12:03:08 am »
The Pink is up

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16648 on: August 29, 2017, 07:58:11 am »
Christ... you guys have been busy...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online kavah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16649 on: August 29, 2017, 12:46:37 pm »
^ aye loads of shows, I've just discovered the instagram video - it's very good - the lads have got some rather jazzy shirts. 

[EDIT] - live interview about Senior's the shirt now, it matches a lot of curtains around Merseyside apparently :D
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 12:51:49 pm by kavah »

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #16650 on: August 29, 2017, 03:47:38 pm »
I did like how Rob was ruthlessly Van Nistelrooy'ed for the Keita breaking news pod.  That'll teach him for taking a month's holiday.

Offline Don Vito Corleone

• I want you all to call me Loretta
  • Legacy Fan
  • They talk when they should be listening
« Reply #16651 on: August 29, 2017, 06:44:27 pm »
Loads more content on the site today.
"I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life--I don't apologize--to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those bigshots. I don't apologize--that's my life--but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string."

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #16652 on: August 29, 2017, 06:52:20 pm »
Loads more content on the site today.

Cheers Hugh!

Offline dangerpuss

• A bit like bagpuss. But more.....um.....dangerous.....um.....
  • Kopite
  • Allez, allez, allez
« Reply #16653 on: August 29, 2017, 08:18:12 pm »
I seem to have picked the perfect month to sign up. Some amazing value this month.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16654 on: August 29, 2017, 09:00:07 pm »
"I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life--I don't apologize--to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those bigshots. I don't apologize--that's my life--but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string."

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16655 on: August 29, 2017, 11:25:26 pm »
Good piece on Lemar tonight...

W

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #16656 on: August 29, 2017, 11:31:56 pm »
???

Hugh Briss. Made sense at the time anyway. :D

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16657 on: August 29, 2017, 11:36:19 pm »

😂

Online cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16658 on: August 30, 2017, 06:14:59 pm »
Can we have a live streaming Gutter show all day tomorrow? Can just see Rob chasing Silver Mercedes all over Liverpool!

Been some absolutely brilliant content this week- must be great for the lads there is some positivity around the club at the moment.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #16659 on: August 30, 2017, 06:28:55 pm »
I asked if there was a TAW Pink tomorrow night and got this response:

"Plan is to do 'mini-shows' throughout deadline day of 10-15 minutes. On or around the hour. That's the plan anyway!"

Online kavah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16660 on: August 30, 2017, 07:17:48 pm »
Can we have a live streaming Gutter show all day tomorrow? Can just see Rob chasing Silver Mercedes all over Liverpool!

Been some absolutely brilliant content this week- must be great for the lads there is some positivity around the club at the moment.

Yes! - a rolling Gutter - would be boss tomorrow

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16661 on: August 30, 2017, 07:43:42 pm »
What I want to see: Gutman doing a line of shite off the studio wall as the Van Dijk transfer is confirmation is projected from Radio City tower as Jim White's head and tie literally explode on a telly showing SSN in the background.

Online kavah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16662 on: August 31, 2017, 12:48:50 pm »
On the hour Gutters today  :wellin

Offline JackBauer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Some statistics
« Reply #16663 on: August 31, 2017, 04:29:10 pm »
These hourly shows are great.

PLEASE do as Robbo hinted in the last one - a special on the summer 2010 transfer window with Poulsen, Konchesky etc. Get Ben Jonno and Mike Nevin on it to rant about Hodgson again.  ;D
DAMMIT!

Offline Andy

• short fingered vulgarian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent.
« Reply #16664 on: August 31, 2017, 06:35:48 pm »
On the hour Gutters today  :wellin

They are brilliant - everyone getting slightly more pissed off on each one (and understandably so!).

I've enjoyed them though.  :thumbup

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #16665 on: August 31, 2017, 08:29:48 pm »
Have there been any updates since the 5:45 gutter?  I'm getting withdrawal symptoms.

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #16666 on: August 31, 2017, 10:07:04 pm »
Good effort with the shows today. Certainly helped pass the time by on my 4.5 hour train journey back from Swindon. Just listening to the new AFQ, defo had enough of the transfers now, no wonder they all are.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #16667 on: September 1, 2017, 04:48:51 pm »
Great on the hours. Was flying to Majorca so had a nice 2.5 hour coach trip to the hotel listening to them all in row.

CTAW is also a great idea, didn't listen as I'm 28, but will there be a separate feed for the kids?
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #16668 on: September 3, 2017, 11:54:58 am »
Any plans of restarting the FB group like last season? That was actually pretty fun. Modding it might've been a pain though.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline redforlife

• For future reference an equals sign looks like this: =
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #16669 on: September 3, 2017, 09:19:18 pm »
Great idea with the CTAW.  Often have the shows on in the car but isn't great when the language isn't suitable for a 7 year old which means it's only the City Talk show he can listen to regularly.   Please keep going with this idea.
Didi Hamann

In the corridors and changing rooms of Anfield I met many people - the great, the talented, the legendary.  I know that I only met one genius.  He was a small, smiling man with a neatly clipped beard.  His name was Rafael Benitez.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #16670 on: September 6, 2017, 08:32:06 pm »
Any plans of restarting the FB group like last season? That was actually pretty fun. Modding it might've been a pain though.
There is a FB Subscribers group. Is that what you mean?

Offline Brunswickred

• Main Stander
« Reply #16671 on: September 6, 2017, 09:31:37 pm »
Thought the show Gareth presented with Adam Melia, Si Hughes & Paul Cope was a really well balanced discussion about the summer. Fair play to Gareth,  he put the hard yards in to make it a really interesting show.

Saw a few of the lads outside Greggs (A) on my lunch break the other week while I was listening to the podcast. When strange things happen, are you going round the twist.

Offline redforlife

• For future reference an equals sign looks like this: =
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #16672 on: September 7, 2017, 08:13:43 am »
Yeh the Transfer Review show was excellent.  Thought Gareth was really good as presenter and as you say he was well prepared, and I always enjoy any show that Paul Cope is on for he speaks much sense.
Didi Hamann

In the corridors and changing rooms of Anfield I met many people - the great, the talented, the legendary.  I know that I only met one genius.  He was a small, smiling man with a neatly clipped beard.  His name was Rafael Benitez.

Offline archie

• bald. Our man in Moscow. And a bloody decent chap. MIA, last seen babysitting.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • you're due a duechers
« Reply #16673 on: September 10, 2017, 08:30:40 am »
Can't believe no one has commented on 'connect4gate' yet.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16674 on: September 10, 2017, 09:20:41 am »
A friend said he had to give up on the episode he found it so annoying. I didn't bother with it then.

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16675 on: September 10, 2017, 10:45:01 am »
Can't believe no one has commented on 'connect4gate' yet.

Was really distracting from the discussion as you kept waiting for the next piece to drop and I only got about 5 mins in.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 10:47:48 am by Bunter »

Online lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16676 on: September 10, 2017, 03:09:02 pm »
Thought the show Gareth presented with Adam Melia, Si Hughes & Paul Cope was a really well balanced discussion about the summer. Fair play to Gareth,  he put the hard yards in to make it a really interesting show.

Ditto.

The most recent Pink was great, I think Neil managed the situation really well and the two lads were great value. Hate to say it but I feel like someone not watching the match, just judging it off Twitter and asking questions is a really good format.

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #16677 on: September 10, 2017, 05:08:14 pm »
Thanks for the recommendation for 'The Night Of' on AFQ. I've just binge watched it and it's really great TV that I would have missed. It was an adaptation of the BBC's series 'Criminal Justice' with Ben Wishaw. 
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #16678 on: September 10, 2017, 07:35:46 pm »
Thanks for the recommendation for 'The Night Of' on AFQ. I've just binge watched it and it's really great TV that I would have missed. It was an adaptation of the BBC's series 'Criminal Justice' with Ben Wishaw. 
It's a really good watch, with great acting, but I did think that it got away with the kind of consistently appalling decision making that would be derided in even a low-rent horror movie.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #16679 on: September 10, 2017, 11:12:49 pm »

I got it straight away, Dick   ;)
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same