Author Topic: 6 months of Roy Hodgson quotes  (Read 141341 times)

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
Re: 6 months of Roy Hodgson quotes
« Reply #560 on: December 25, 2010, 09:02:44 pm »
Exactly.

I like to think I have a good sense of humor, and I've often laughed at some the quotes from Roy in this thread in a cringe worthy kind of way, but I tell you what, this isn't funny anymore. It's actually fucking soul destroying to see us fall this far. Owen Coyle has his Bolton side 4 points off the Champions League places, and has publicly said that he wants his side to improve because they are aiming for a European place at the end of the season. Ian Holloway is also aiming to finish above us with his newly promoted Blackpool team. All the while Roy Hodgson is taking personal satisfaction from the fact that he has manged to get us to 9th. It's just not funny anymore if you ask me

Spot on.

I could let that one quote of his alone ruin my Christmas if I dwelt too long on it. The guy's a complete self-important bellshine.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #561 on: December 25, 2010, 09:08:39 pm »
If NESV don't get rid by the time January is over then there's something really wrong. Even if you don't like football you could see this guy is a moron.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #562 on: December 25, 2010, 09:16:51 pm »
'Getting job at Liverpool was another major feather in my cap and the fact it hasn’t gone as well as I’d have hoped results-wise is just the nature of football'

“Maybe what we have realised is there is plenty of work to do here but I am certainly very satisfied with the job I have done here and I don’t feel any dissatisfaction whatsoever.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/8224452/Blackpool-v-Liverpool-Roy-Hodgson-hopes-to-end-topsy-turvy-year-on-a-high.html?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 09:18:42 pm by shelovesyou »
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline redrockydennis

• Annie Wilkes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • gonna paint me jarg wheelie bin purple
« Reply #563 on: December 25, 2010, 09:21:06 pm »

Roy Hodgson

i find that very disrespectful to sam the eagle.

Eagle Muppet
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes,
of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

Offline ladcameo

• Kopite
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #564 on: December 25, 2010, 09:25:11 pm »
There was a time I always wished I work for American Companies as the Brits are pretty stingy pay masters..In sport I reverse the opinion as the yanks are morons and in spite of all the over hype British Media gives about any of their sports, you cant take away the sporting acumen of these people..

Dont have much expectation from this bunch of owners as well, else I cant fathom Roy not even getting a public warning to buck up his efforts. He is just a typically overrated jack sh*te who is a little okay with his English and keeps juggling his statements. His child like celebrations when a good goal is scored tells us how helpless he is wrt the proceedings on the field.  I dont care much about LFC having the legacy of backing their managers but since this appointment was done by sh*te replacing some one who is the extreme opposite, meaning nectar, I would like to see him go even if we win both the matches this year..
I don’t know which planet is this heavily furred, thick skinned idiot from as he still persists with the club jeopardizing the health of millions of LFC fans across the world...
he said CL finish in first season, judge him after ten games, then a season, then squad building is a slow process, then blame the squad he has inheritted, then agree with the rants of fans for a change... gosh I wish he showed so many alternatives in his game plan we would have fared much better..

« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 09:43:20 pm by ladcameo »

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #565 on: December 25, 2010, 09:54:02 pm »
I'm sick of it now, absolutely sick of it. I've been off the internet for a couple of weeks and managed to get a sneak peak into the forum every now and then at work and my head hasn't been too wrapped up in footballing matters. This is the first time I've been on properly in a while and had a chance to get up to date with a few threads.

Every single time I come onto the board, I pray for some good news. I keep getting shot down every time this muppet opens his mouth and the absolute rubbish that he spits out which just keeps adding more and more fuel to the fire. The situation regarding his reputation is unrepairable now in my eyes. No matter what he does in the future, he's already blown it.

In saying that, I've come to a thought though and it took me aback for a moment and I have to ask myself a very important question. Is he being sly on purpose? Shifting the blame and constantly defending himself as well as making excuse after excuse in terms of the situation we've found ourselves in on an external factor? First it was the owners and then they left, then it was needing time to get his ideas across and then it was the players aren't good enough (ie "B team"), then it was having too many players and then we suddenly are short, then it was Rafa's players and not his own...what next? Is he just really that kind of slippery customer holding on to the job for as long as he can? Or, on the other hand, is he just genuinely fucking stupid?

Pretty much every game we've played this season has had us pulling our hair out in frustration and anger. To play such dire, horrible football away at Bolton and nick a goal at the end and have Roy say it was a good performance from the team just doesn't make sense. I'm gonna bring Rafa into this as an example, not because I'm calling for him back, but because I remember when we were winning 3-0 or 4-0 and at the end of the game, Rafa was unhappy because we didn't score more and wasted opportunites. This is the kind of arrogance and expectation I've been brought up as having supporting Liverpool. Now, we have Roy saying he's happy with our performances, our league position, scorelines, outcomes of away games of not being hammered when we're all cursing and arguing with each other about it. Does he really, honestly believe the drivel that comes out of his own mouth? And does he really, truthfully believe we should be agreeing with him and we're "nuisances" for not? Are we uneducated, in his opinion, because we can't see past the "difficult situation the club is in" and shouldn't be expecting what we've grown up to expect as Liverpool supporters?

I've been mulling this over for some time (whilst sitting in the corner grasping my knees and rocking slowly backwards and forwards) and do you know what? I can't come to a conclusion. I just don't know what to think about what goes on in his head.

For a guy who has been in management for as long he has, and take the players we have who are capable of some sexy football, it really baffles me the way he comes across. Does he look on his own performance and think that he's in a better situation than what he's used to (ie relegation battles) and genuinely think he's doing a good job? Or he is cunningly belittling the club and the "mess we're in" to create a ruse for his inadequacy to manage such a big club?

I just don't understand the guy. All I know is that he's pulling us back and the damage is more than evident. I'm getting more and more frustrated where every second passes with this guy still at the club, and the thought of some of the players who have given me such special memories leaving because this intruder is holding them back from fulfilling their goals and ambitions with us.

Just get the guy out.

http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #566 on: December 25, 2010, 10:48:26 pm »

but I tell you what, this isn't funny anymore.

I wrote exactly that two month ago, now ask  me how I feel... no, don´t ask me..
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #567 on: December 25, 2010, 10:57:17 pm »
We will reach a tipping point at some stage and when it happens it won't be pretty. Wolves at home looks a possibility for that
with Rafa in the stands. I wouldn't like the frustration and anger to boil over into abusive chants as the moron is human but it does feel like we are steadily sinking and nobody is doing anything about it.

Offline Aquilani 4

• The Human News Aggregator.
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #568 on: December 26, 2010, 12:19:39 am »
“I’m at a club where people expect great things. When we’re nearer the middle of the table than the top, people will suggest, ‘If someone else was here it would be different’. I’m not sure that’s the case. A lot of intelligent people understand that.”

Read more: http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/219354/Roy-Hodgson-No-Christmas-chopping-fears-Roy-Hodgson-No-Christmas-chopping-fears-#ixzz19AkipmUU

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #569 on: December 26, 2010, 12:22:33 am »
'Getting job at Liverpool was another major feather in my cap and the fact it hasn’t gone as well as I’d have hoped results-wise is just the nature of football'

“Maybe what we have realised is there is plenty of work to do here but I am certainly very satisfied with the job I have done here and I don’t feel any dissatisfaction whatsoever.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/8224452/Blackpool-v-Liverpool-Roy-Hodgson-hopes-to-end-topsy-turvy-year-on-a-high.html?

holy shit

Offline Sevo

• Happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy joy.
  • Kopite
« Reply #570 on: December 26, 2010, 12:23:09 am »
“I’m at a club where people expect great things. When we’re nearer the middle of the table than the top, people will suggest, ‘If someone else was here it would be different’. I’m not sure that’s the case. A lot of intelligent people understand that.”

Read more: http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/219354/Roy-Hodgson-No-Christmas-chopping-fears-Roy-Hodgson-No-Christmas-chopping-fears-#ixzz19AkipmUU
An awful lot more dont understand it!

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #571 on: December 26, 2010, 12:23:54 am »
Who is he trying to kid alot of managers would do a better job him. Why cant he just keep it shut, the best manager just got with there job but this idiot keeps talking every bloody day.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 12:27:46 am by Rohit »

Offline niallers

• Anny Roader
  • "dont worry marge,its only a quilt....MY COOKIE!"
« Reply #572 on: December 26, 2010, 12:25:43 am »
"A lot of intelligent people understand that.”
another little dig at us ,annoying, know nothing morons by our esteemed manager. Prick.
in america 1st you get the sugar then you get the power then you get the women

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #573 on: December 26, 2010, 12:27:45 am »
"A lot of intelligent people understand that.”
another little dig at us ,annoying, know nothing morons by our esteemed manager. Prick.
I noticed that bit. Exactly who are you referring to Roy ? Paddy Barclay and your esteemed LMA colleagues ?

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #574 on: December 26, 2010, 12:28:19 am »
Sigh. Better to read it now than the morning and ruin the day for me. Oh wait...we're playing away tomorrow, aren't we?  ;)
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #575 on: December 26, 2010, 12:37:33 am »

Yeah I mean who could possibly do any better with the team we have? I mean we only have

Steven Gerrard, one of the greatest players to ever put on the red shirt
Fernando Torres, a striker who broke God's record of fastest 50 goals
Pepe Reina, a goalkeeper who broke Clems Record of fastest 100 clean sheets
Glen Johnson Englands number 1 right back
Raul Meireles Portugal international up and comer
Lucas Leiva playing some of the best football of his career.

I mean seriously 9th is where we are at. Who could expect more, with that bunch? Really....

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #576 on: December 26, 2010, 12:54:48 am »
Yeah I mean who could possibly do any better with the team we have? I mean we only have

Steven Gerrard, one of the greatest players to ever put on the red shirt
Fernando Torres, a striker who broke God's record of fastest 50 goals
Pepe Reina, a goalkeeper who broke Clems Record of fastest 100 clean sheets
Glen Johnson Englands number 1 right back
Raul Meireles Portugal international up and comer
Lucas Leiva playing some of the best football of his career.

I mean seriously 9th is where we are at. Who could expect more, with that bunch? Really....

Unbelievable, isn´t it? I wonder how if the owners read this constant shite..
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline Aquilani 4

• The Human News Aggregator.
  • Kopite
« Reply #577 on: December 26, 2010, 01:19:01 am »
Roy eyes top four finish but warns fans there is no magic wand to fix Reds' problems

Roy Hodgson has warned Liverpool fans he has no magic wand to turn his mid-table team into world-beaters.

Hodgson accepts he is under severe pressure to deliver over the holiday period yet insists he is in good company.

A top four finish remains his Premier League objective this season but he urges a sense of reality at a time of festive fantasy.

Hodgson said: “Fans are waiting for a man with a magic wand that can turn all of the ills that everyone has seen into something different.

“Those of us who work in the game and have been working in the game a long time know that magic wand doesn’t exist.

“Two years ago people were suggesting Arsene Wenger had had a good run at Arsenal and it was time to bring in the man with the magic wand. That’s what we have to live with.”

Hodgson acknowledges that his remarkable achievements at Fulham may have fuelled unreasonably lofty aspirations when he succeeded Rafael Benitez at Anfield in the summer.

He said: “I know that I am capable of doing this job, but maybe the expectations and ambitions of the club were too high and weren’t lessened by the fact that I came off the back of such a good season.

“People may have thought I would turn it around and unfortunately that’s not been the case and we have to battle in the same way that Rafael Benitez had to in the latter part of his time at the club.

“Maybe what we have realised is that there is plenty of work to do here, but I am certainly very satisfied with the job I have done here.

“The fact that it hasn’t gone as well as I’d have hoped results-wise is just the nature of football. I haven’t worked any differently here than I did in the last six months at Fulham.

“Yes, it’s been topsy-turvy in the sense that having defied people they have started to crucify me, but that’s part of the business and the way things are.

“Pedestals are built to put people on then knock them off and I have a fairly mature attitude to that. I can’t do more and the players can’t do more so we hope that work will turn our fortunes around and we get some batter results.”

Despite that stuttering form, Hodgson remains optimistic he can put Liverpool back among Europe’s elite.

He said: “We still haven’t given up the hope of finishing in the top four and reaching a Champions League spot and will not until it’s mathematically impossible.

“I didn’t inherit a top four team but I inherited some good players and I believe in them and the club. A bad start is always difficult to overcome.

“We have to take more points away from home. You can’t finish in the top four if you have so few away points as we took in 2010 and that’s a no-brainer.

“Then we have to make Anfield a hard place for teams to come to and in the recent past we have managed to do that.

“But we haven’t added the away results that would have taken us up the table.”

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-boss-Roy-Hodgson-eyes-top-four-finish-but-warns-fans-there-is-no-magic-wand-to-fix-Reds-problems-article657041.html

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #578 on: December 26, 2010, 01:25:34 am »
ROY HODGSON: NO CHRISTMAS CHOPPING FEARS

Sunday December 26,2010
By John Richardson

FETED for leading Fulham into the Europa League final, talked of as England manager – and now supposedly battling to save his job as Liverpool boss.

It’s been quite a year for Roy Hodgson but the 63-year-old, now in his 18th managerial position (19 if you include a second stint at Inter Milan), can take the rough with the smooth. He can ride with the misinformation that Rafa Benitez is ready to return to Anfield to replace him.

“The constant speculation over my future doesn’t annoy me because I’m in good company,” says Hodgson.

“That’s what the Premier League is all about now, isn’t it? It’s easier to name people who are in this position (job in danger) than those who aren’t.

“I’m at a club where people expect great things. When we’re nearer the middle of the table than the top, people will suggest, ‘If someone else was here it would be different’. I’m not sure that’s the case. A lot of intelligent people understand that.” And Hodgson says even Arsene Wenger isn’t bombproof.

“Fulham played Arsenal and drew 0-0. People then said it was time to bring in a man with the magic wand (at Arsenal).”

Leonardo has been appointed manager at Inter Milan following the sacking of Rafa Benitez.

Read more: http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/219354/Roy-Hodgson-No-Christmas-chopping-fears-Roy-Hodgson-No-Christmas-chopping-fears-#ixzz19B1JRDlk
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #579 on: December 26, 2010, 01:28:27 am »
Roy, you are 63 years OLD.....
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Obviously

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #580 on: December 26, 2010, 01:29:27 am »
6 months of Roy Hodgson quotes?

More like 6 months of hell!

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #581 on: December 26, 2010, 01:34:41 am »
Thats it Roy keep talking as we're in dire need of your 5 year rebuilding plan you buffoon. The thing is 2-3 quality signings in the right areas (if it happens) come January will make us a hell of a proposition and he won't know which hole to pull his next bullshit excuse out of for his failings. I'm staying out of this topic for a while I think, just winds me up to fuck everytime he speaks.

Offline Robert_B

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #582 on: December 26, 2010, 01:38:39 am »

They didn't understand that when Rafa was boss.

Offline Ole Gunnar

• Legacy Fan
  • In it to win it!
« Reply #583 on: December 26, 2010, 01:48:44 am »
I can't for the life of me com up with a single reason why this man is still at the club. The "new" owners needs to adress this now, or the damage will be severe. There is a game tomorrow, and I really don't care. I'm invited to dinner when the game is beeing played, and I'm going to that dinner. Never would have happend any previous season.
Bart: Dad, what's a Muppet?

Homer: Well, it's not quite a mop, not quite a puppet, but man... (laughs, then pauses) So, to answer you question, I don't know.

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #584 on: December 26, 2010, 01:50:29 am »
Quote from: Aquilani 4 link=topic=2678Roy Hodgson has warned Liverpool fans he has no magic wand to turn his mid-table team into world-beaters.
31.msg7876109#msg7876109 date=1293326341

He said: “I know that I am capable of doing this job, but maybe the expectations and ambitions of the club were too high and weren’t lessened by the fact that I came off the back of such a good season.

Our expectations and ambitions were too high. TOO FUCKING HIGH ROY?

No, there's no magic wand to wave to make all the woes and troubles go away, but at the moment, every time you open your mouth you come across as a complete and total "wand" if you catch my drift.

My expectations are to not lose at home to newly promoted sides, to not be utterly outplayed away at woodison and stoke. If the game goes ahead against blackpool, my ambition and expectation for the club is to go there and win. nothing less.

None of this was funny to begin with unless you are a fan of another team, then it's fucking hilarious.
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline RedinExile

• credulous ingratiating simpleton
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #585 on: December 26, 2010, 01:56:47 am »
"Having defied people they have started to crucify me".....Eh?
There are always more fortresses to torch.

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #586 on: December 26, 2010, 01:57:08 am »
What would shankly think of this man if he ever heard him talk such rubbish, is  all my head is telling me. Why must he bring arsene wenger into this aswell, roy is a dead man walking the next loss and if at anfield well make it impossible for him to return i think.

Offline RedinExile

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #587 on: December 26, 2010, 01:58:25 am »
Our expectations and ambitions were too high. TOO FUCKING HIGH ROY?

Make a good banner that.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #588 on: December 26, 2010, 02:00:56 am »
What would shankly think of this man if he ever heard him talk such rubbish, is  all my head is telling me. Why must he bring arsene wenger into this aswell, roy is a dead man walking the next loss and if at anfield well make it impossible for him to return i think.
What would Shankly think of the supporters more like.

These are not the people he sent the team out to play for.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #589 on: December 26, 2010, 02:01:45 am »
Does he do anything else beside talking?
When will this nightmare end..

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #590 on: December 26, 2010, 02:02:36 am »
What would Shankly think of the supporters more like.

These are not the people he sent the team out to play for.
ROY OUT FUCK OFF ROY FUCKING CHOKE ON YOUR TURKEY YOU c*nt

/next thread

WHAT WOULD SHANKS THINK?!?!

Some fucking bad bellends on these boards.
psn = Lents123

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #591 on: December 26, 2010, 02:06:06 am »
ROY OUT FUCK OFF ROY FUCKING CHOKE ON YOUR TURKEY YOU c*nt

/next thread

WHAT WOULD SHANKS THINK?!?!

Some fucking bad bellends on these boards.
We should make a banner out of that and then start an Internet campaign about it. Wodaya fink?
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #592 on: December 26, 2010, 02:07:06 am »
We should make a banner out of that and then start an Internet campaign about it. Wodaya fink?
LET'S DO IT!

INTANET TEWWOWISTS MKII
psn = Lents123

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #593 on: December 26, 2010, 02:10:55 am »
LET'S DO IT!

INTANET TEWWOWISTS MKII
I'll E-mail the daily mail to write a positive story about us, which will in effect destabilise the whole Internet fan base in one fell swoop.

The match going fans can fuck off, they don't matter.

Offline IndianaRed

• Aaarghhh!!!!... my eyes!!!!... my eyes!!!!..
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #594 on: December 26, 2010, 02:11:02 am »
roy hodgson, just so fucking tragic.  makes me sad he's the 'manager' of our club.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #595 on: December 26, 2010, 02:13:15 am »
Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson targets more like Raul Meireles in January

Roy Hodgson is determined to avoid adding to Liverpool’s stockpile of squad players in the January transfer window, insisting he will only spend any money the club’s owners, Fenway Sports Group, make available on first-team recruits.

By Rory Smith 7:00AM GMT 24 Dec 2010

Though FSG have not set Hodgson and Damien Comolli, the club’s director of football strategy, a specific budget for January, they have made it clear there will be funding for whatever targets the pair deem suitable.

Liverpool have scouted intensively both before and after Comolli’s appointment - the first made by FSG after their takeover in October - but Hodgson is conscious that he must not repeat the mistakes of the past by signing a welter of substandard players.

“I would be very disappointed if I went out in January and spent a lot of money on the wrong players and then found that come the summer, we are no better off,” said the Liverpool manager. “All we would be doing is adding a few more players who we don’t think are good enough to the roster.

“I do not want to spend a sum of money just for the sake of bringing in players that are 14th, 15th or 16th in line. They have to be players that everyone who watches us, fans, journalists, can see why we have bought them, like Raul Meireles. We are looking for players who will make us better.

“I think the fans have seen enough players brought into this club over the last couple of years. Ninteen have left since I have been here and have not been replaced. We have gone down the route of 40, 50 professionals before, of saying ‘this one will do, and if not, this one will do’. It is very important we do not do that again, that we just bring in the players we really need.”

Liverpool are believed to be keen on the likes of Ashley Young, the Aston Villa winger, Yann M’Vila, of Rennes, and Wigan’s Charles N’Zogbia.

“I accept I may make a rod for my own back by not bringing in people but Damien and I are pushing the owners to back us if we come up with the right people,” Hodgson said. “The big question is will those players become available? We are targeting players that other clubs don’t want to lose.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/8223005/Liverpool-manager-Roy-Hodgson-targets-more-like-Raul-Meireles-in-January.html

The irony! He didn't even see Raul before or know his position.

"I would be very disappointed if I went out in January and spent a lot of money on the wrong players and then found that come the summer, we are no better off"

"I do not want to spend a sum of money just for the sake of bringing in players that are 14th, 15th or 16th in line. They have to be players that everyone who watches us, fans, journalists, can see why we have bought them, We are looking for players who will make us better"

How about Konschesky, Poulsen, Roy? Did they make us better  ::)
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline RedinExile

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #596 on: December 26, 2010, 02:14:10 am »
I liked the quip - gotta problem?

Offline RedinExile

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #597 on: December 26, 2010, 02:16:43 am »
The match going fans can fuck off, they don't matter.
You insist on coming out with this line; if you do in fact go the match you will know many, many of these want him out. Or are you disputing this?

Offline RedRabbit

• Rampant but without the batteries.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • این نیز بگذرد
« Reply #598 on: December 26, 2010, 02:21:45 am »
Just on my way to bed after a good Christmas day, full of laughs and top food and I said to myself, "Hey, why not pop onto RAWK before you go to bed and see what's happening". Jesus christ am I sorry I thought that. Gone through a couple of pages here and now all that's going through my head is "Hey, why don't you see if you can pull your brain out through your nostril using this yellow crayon".

Fuck me, can we not, for health and safety reasons  just lock this thread?? It'll save lives!

Offline Ambrosia

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #599 on: December 26, 2010, 02:23:47 am »
How more insulting can he get? who are these "intelligent people" he refers to? i take it they're not the fans, as 99% want him out.

And this quote “I know that I am capable of doing this job, but maybe the expectations and ambitions of the club were too high and weren’t lessened by the fact that I came off the back of such a good season" defies belief. He's killing Liverpool and what we're about.

He's an arrogant club murderer :wanker