Author Topic: RAWK Scribes  (Read 6316 times)

Offline Dave_W

• Left abruptly during the cheese course
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
RAWK Scribes
« on: January 30, 2002, 09:57:39 pm »
If you've been on the site over the last few days, you may have noticed a few changes taking place, such as updated site management software and a move away from 'muppets' and 'woolybacks'.  However, you might have missed a small change that heralds the most important change - the imminent unleashing of our new staff writers, our very own RAWK Scribes as they are now known!!

We had been thinking about pulling together a team of writers for the front page for a while now, a decision that was made all the more urgent by Paul's very understandable desire to 'retire' in order to spend time with his new arrival.  

Bob had intended to kick this off, but has needed to take time out to settle in to his new job.  Meanwhile, the rest of us just haven't been able to find the time, until now, to make it all happen.

However, the time has been found and we have managed to blackmail some muppets.... I mean, persuade three high class writers, to become the very first RAWK Scribes.  Laydeezzzzzzzzz and Gennlemen.... I give you Scouser@Heart, Barrettski and Homesick!

You will all have read the posts by our Scribes and know them to be high quality, entertaining and generally a bloody good read.  Crucially for us, they feel the same way as we do about Liverpool and its supporters, which is important given that they will be presenting the public face of the site, the front page.

We might have asked several more forumites to become Scribes, but we felt that we needed to limit things to three for the moment while everything settles in, as its a learning process for us too.  As time goes by, we hope to bring the total complement of Scribes up to five or six - we'll keep you posted.

You should begin to see the content on the front page turning over rather more rapidly than of late.  You will also be able to mail your thoughts and comments directly to our Scribes at their '.redandwhitekop.net addresses', though they cannot guarantee to reply to all mails.

We would also like to encourage anyone who feels that they have an article in them somewhere.  You can submit an article by CLICKING HERE or e-mailing us at 'editor@redandwhitekop.net', or simply post them up on the forums.  We can't promise to publish everything, but we do promise to provide constructive feedback if we don't (and you ask for some!).

We will finish by saying thanks to our Scribes for agreeing to join the team here at RAWK.  We hope you all enjoy reading their articles over the coming weeks and months.

Cheers

All at RAWK

Offline cyn

• Archivist
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Re: RAWK Scribes
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2002, 01:56:27 am »
Barrettski, Scouser@Heart, Homesick - three superb choices! Look forward to reading more of their articles!

Offline Curly Tom

• Has no life.
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Anfield Shrine
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2002, 04:56:28 pm »
Well done 'ski, Kez and Homesick!! *clap *clap *clap!

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
« Last Edit: January 1, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1017961200 »

"I lived my dream today, I lived it yesterday, and I'll be living yours tomorrow, anything else to say?"

Offline Eddie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Spirit Of Shankly Member 10410
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2002, 06:53:32 pm »
Yes,with those three choices this site will become even more erm,"qualitised"...Oh fuck! There goes my chance of ever becoming a RAWK scribe! ;)

Pheeny

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2002, 07:12:45 pm »
Now Kez is a scribe is it not about time she had her photo posted ;)

Offline kopite29

• Main Stander
  • Euro Glory Days
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2002, 10:10:01 pm »
Congratulations to all you three.

Three wise Kop Kings going to tell us a story.
:D :D

Offline cyn

• Archivist
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #6 on: February 1, 2002, 02:23:04 am »
There's hope for you yet, Eddie!  ;D  Some quality posts from you recently.  BTW Whatever happened to Titi?

Offline ecmdtan

• Legacy Fan
  • Lurker
« Reply #7 on: February 1, 2002, 08:07:58 am »
Can I be a scribe too??  Just want the title, but don't wanna write....I like titles  ;D
On April 15th, 89.........What should have been a joyous time...........Ninety six friends, we all shall miss.........And all the Kopites want justice...................JUSTICE!!!

Offline Gojedo

• Can your garage boast an ex-Red as a mechanic? Yes? Ah but is it 13000 miles away .....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ethyn Daniel Morgan
« Reply #8 on: February 1, 2002, 09:21:42 am »
Three excellent choices. I've come to appreciate time more so because of them ;D

But seriously, looking forward to more great reads. This site has an abundance of great writers which is one of the reasons it's such a bloody great Liverpool Site.

No slacking off now, 'sick, s@h and 'ski ;)

Homesick

« Reply #9 on: February 1, 2002, 11:59:29 am »
Oh bugger, expectations to live up to - and just when the wife had finally decided to abandon hers!

hoonin

« Reply #10 on: February 1, 2002, 02:49:11 pm »
Now Kez is a scribe is it not about time she had her photo posted ;)

Hear hear! Homesick and Barrettski should stick a pic of themselves up too  :)

Offline Barrettski

• No longer stuck to a goat or anything else with a beard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A teenage dream is so hard to beat
« Reply #11 on: February 1, 2002, 09:28:26 pm »

Hear hear! Homesick and Barrettski should stick a pic of themselves up too  :)

You've had some sick ideas in your time Moomin, but that's the winner...  ;D

Thanks for the kind words above folks... but I'm under no delusions here. There are some fabulous writers on this site... which is one of the reasons why it's so good.
Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass. It is terribly simple - Bill Shankly.

Offline Dave_W

• Left abruptly during the cheese course
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12 on: February 1, 2002, 10:21:09 pm »
Scribe photos?  What a good idea!!   ;)

Offline Kez

• hallowed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: February 2, 2002, 12:49:02 am »
Scribe photos?  What a good idea!!   ;)

You had BETTER be joking Mr W...!

Offline Shaky Jake

• Kopite
  • from corners he will score some...
« Reply #14 on: February 2, 2002, 10:25:13 am »
If no picture is available I would just like to say that Barretski is a 13 year old Polish lad with a bushy moustache (they grow up so quickly these days).

And what's all this crap about deleting the "woollyback" title? I was hoping to graduate to that and stick there.

Say it loud. I'm woolly and proud.
Give it to John

Offline Shaky Jake

• Kopite
« Reply #15 on: February 2, 2002, 10:26:20 am »
Park drinker! Leopard Over Luton!
Give it to John

Sylvia

« Reply #16 on: February 2, 2002, 06:50:14 pm »

Unfortunately I will have to confirm Shaky's assessment of
Barrettski's physical appearance. It is indeed amazing that
a Polish schoolkid can lead people to believe he is
a grown-up scouser! Oh well... I think we can forgive him
because he is such a good writer.  

P.S. Of course, there is only one way for him to deny
the accusations now... a nice picture of Barrettski the
Liverpool fan wearing a big smile and a scarf!
<Go on, Bski!>  

;D

(oops - no.2 will be strictly footie, I promise)

Offline C.B Alonso

• Old skool RAWK Photographer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Aallriight!"
« Reply #17 on: February 3, 2002, 03:12:10 pm »
any chance of a team photo of the RAWK scribes together?
Lets fucking create an atmosphere instead of complaining about it.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #18 on: February 3, 2002, 11:34:49 pm »
The "King" is dead, long live the (3) Kings!! (well, 2 Kings and a Queen)

Offline RedBoywonder

• The Big E
  • Legacy Fan
  • and could he play.....
« Reply #19 on: February 4, 2002, 02:16:55 am »
I dont think Homesick will take too kindly to you calling him a queen!  ;D

YNWA....
Justice for the 96.

Offline Paul Tomkins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: February 5, 2002, 11:52:04 pm »
Hey, good luck to the three of you - and look forward to following your progress. And of course, photos are always essential (for a good laugh!).

As for Dave's comments, I'd like to be spending more time with the nipper, but until the little fella/lady actually arrives (get a move on!!!), all I can do is prod Gill's belly and get a slap in the face in return...

Offline Reeves

• Back from the dead. Bit simples.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "THE DISTANCE BETWEEN INSANITY AND GENIUS.........
    • RAWK
« Reply #21 on: February 6, 2002, 12:41:38 am »
I enjoy reading your articles.
Keep up the good work.

Can creativity be produced on demand?
We shall see.
..........IS MEASURED ONLY BY SUCCESS"

RAWK - HJC Champions 2003
Former RAWK Scribe 2002 - 2004

Offline Mottman

• OCB Rep, King of Bootle, Snake Wrangler Extraordinaire, Member of the Garston is in Runcorn Society
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: February 6, 2002, 01:34:39 am »
any chance of a team photo of the RAWK scribes together?

How about a group hug.
A boy from the Mersey and a Son of Shankly.

Offline C.B Alonso

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Aallriight!"
« Reply #23 on: February 6, 2002, 05:38:00 am »
hopefully they're not scary looking writers when i get my camera.  :o ;)

Offline Barrettski

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: February 6, 2002, 08:04:36 pm »
If no picture is available I would just like to say that Barrettski is a 13 year old Polish lad with a bushy moustache (they grow up so quickly these days).

As ever, Shaky and Sylvia are completely spot on... and so, in the spirit of Curly Tom here I am:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/ilove/years/1980/gallery/walesa.shtml

...or at least "he looks a bit like me".  ;D
Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass. It is terribly simple - Bill Shankly.

Offline Kez

• hallowed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: February 6, 2002, 08:30:18 pm »
hopefully they're not scary looking writers when i get my camera.  :o ;)

The only photo you'll get of me will be of my back, as I attempt to leggit out of the Albert. (I say attempt because have you SEEN how crowded it gets in there!?!)

I've already managed to bribe one camera weilding fiend with a drink, will I be able to do the same to you I wonder...

Offline C.B Alonso

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Aallriight!"
« Reply #26 on: February 7, 2002, 05:28:12 am »

Oh yes, you do look like a Barrettski to me!

Offline Eli_B (aka Badland Red)

• The resident lurking Saddler
  • Legacy Fan
    • My Mobile Blog
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2002, 08:06:47 pm »
I was watching the winter olympics at Salt Lake City,USA in the early hours of saturday morning,on BBC1. I saw a person looking like Lech Walesa,  :o who along with respected  dignatries from Sport,Politics and the environment were carrying the olympic flag.

So then Barretski what were you doing in Salt Lake City then?..........  ;D ;D ;D
Walsall FC aka the red and white Saddlers. The innovators as well as the first sports team in England/UK, to sell the Chicken Balti Pie:

http://upthesaddlers.com/wp/ 

With a soft spot for the redmen of Liverpool since the League Cup Semi Final 1984. RIP to the 39 in Brussels and of course the 96.

Offline Mottman

• OCB Rep, King of Bootle, Snake Wrangler Extraordinaire, Member of the Garston is in Runcorn Society
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2002, 12:12:15 am »
He was checking out a story.
A boy from the Mersey and a Son of Shankly.

Offline Gojedo

• Can your garage boast an ex-Red as a mechanic? Yes? Ah but is it 13000 miles away .....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ethyn Daniel Morgan
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2002, 11:00:03 am »
Winter Olympics?

Offline cyn

• Archivist
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2002, 12:16:33 pm »
Barrettski was in Salt Lake City? Looking for the elusive liverbird perhaps?  ;D

Offline Barrettski

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2002, 12:56:11 pm »
Damn, I've been rumbled again.

I actually flew over to see some of those quaint games of ice hockey our Scandinavian friends keep chattering about. Absolute comedy they are... and you're not allowed to compete if you have your own front teeth you know. So anyway, I was idly minding my own business when an official said "hold this for me". Of course it turned out to be a flag and before I knew what was happening I was at the head of some rather buxom young ladies and leading Poland out in the ceremony. "This is nice" I thought until people started calling me Lech and asking for autographs... so I ducked out only to stumble into a bunch of people carrying a bath. Which then landed on one of their feet with a bit of a squelch. Which was a bit sickening... so as they stemmed the flow of blood I sprinted off to get help. Now these people must have seen me sprinting off, 'cos they were quite impressed. In fact they led me away to one of those water park slides (albeit a bit frosty, it must be off season here). Apparently they wanted help pushing their bath down the slide... "good game" I thought and gave them a good push off. "Nice", I thought until they bundled me in after them. "Jesus" I thought, "I've been kidnapped by a bunch of plumbers". They wouldn't let me get out either... and only stopped when the slide flattened out a bit. Bugger me if they hadn't built the pool yet! Now, before I could call the Police we were all led away by a crowd of screaming people. "Blimey" I thought, "can I go home now?... there's no story here and they're all mad". But before I could duck out they made me stand on some podium... and gave me a gold disk. Now, I'm not one for medallions really... but I understand there was a gold rush a few miles away once. So, "when in Rome" I thought and accepted it anyway. So... I'm off to the airport when I see a guy wearing my shades. I went after him but the little tyke lost me... and snuck into an arena type thing. It seems he was into ice skating... so I followed him. These were posh Oakleys after all. But the bastard wouldn't stop you know. He kept going round and round, faster and faster. He must have known I was after him... in fact he tried so hard to get away he fell over and I shot past him. Shame, because then I got the screaming crowd business again... and they hauled me off to give me another medallion. That was it... I'd had enough by now and headed for the airport again. Bloody miles away it was and would you believe they didn't have any taxis laid on? Had to go cross country by skis. There were plenty of people doing it so I figured I was on the right tracks... in fact it was a few miles before I realised these people were also mad and were going round in circles. Doh! I mean how daft are these guys? Anyway, I came round a corner and spotted civilisation again.. and a couple of taxis. There didn't seem to be much room there and so I put a bit of a spurt on to get to the front of the queue... and would you believe it. They hauled me off to give me another medallion. I mean, what does a guy have to do to get to the airport these days?? I've given up now of course and think I might hang around until the water park opens... I should be back in time for the Gala game, so long as I can get to the airport without someone giving me another tacky medallion.

<anyone want to play me at the "speak continuously without a pause game?>  ;D

Offline Kez

• hallowed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2002, 01:43:03 pm »
LOL ... I play the "let some poor sod decipher this with my awful grammar" game, and no one can beat me at that ;)

Offline Eli_B (aka Badland Red)

• The resident lurking Saddler
  • Legacy Fan
    • My Mobile Blog
;)Re: RAWK Scribes
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2002, 06:54:05 pm »
LOL and very funny as ever Ski. I see you have been enjoying the sights and sounds of the Winter Olympics at Salt Lake City then?  ;D ;D. A dignatrie's work is never done eh Ski  ;)
Walsall FC aka the red and white Saddlers. The innovators as well as the first sports team in England/UK, to sell the Chicken Balti Pie:

http://upthesaddlers.com/wp/ 

With a soft spot for the redmen of Liverpool since the League Cup Semi Final 1984. RIP to the 39 in Brussels and of course the 96.

Offline Shaky Jake

• Kopite
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2002, 05:52:03 pm »
Ha! LOL! :D
Give it to John

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat.
  • Super Title: Coming soon! Official Launch May 2008
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2002, 07:09:15 pm »
not familiar with the other two, as i have only registered here today (god knows the .tv boards take up enough of my time) but well done to barretski, whos writings entertain me regrularly!!

nice one la!
I'm no longer on RAWK, but if you need to contact me about anything, you can email me on nigelmorrison@connectfree.co.uk

Offline S.O.S

• Boys Pen
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2002, 06:01:47 pm »

Offline Kez

• hallowed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2002, 08:42:06 pm »
And then there were two..  ;D

Offline Curly Tom

• Has no life.
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Anfield Shrine
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2002, 05:30:12 pm »
*AHEM*  ::)

"I lived my dream today, I lived it yesterday, and I'll be living yours tomorrow, anything else to say?"

Offline Kez

• hallowed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2002, 08:01:33 pm »
WHAT!?! It's true isn't it?

Besides, I don't see you complaining, Curlz...  :-*