Author Topic: Liverpool vs Manchester United, 17 January 2021, 4:30 PM  (Read 55291 times)

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool vs Manchester United, 17 January 2021, 4:30 PM
« Reply #320 on: January 15, 2021, 07:15:16 pm »
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #321 on: January 15, 2021, 07:33:46 pm »
Also from the Echo report about Matip..

Another notable presence at Kirkby was Kostas Tsimikas, who hasn't featured since suffering a knee injury during the Champions League dead rubber at FC Midtjylland on December 9.

Assume that means he trained rather than he was just there ?

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/breaking-liverpool-injury-news-matip-19637185
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Online HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #322 on: January 15, 2021, 07:40:41 pm »
Also from the Echo report about Matip..

Another notable presence at Kirkby was Kostas Tsimikas, who hasn't featured since suffering a knee injury during the Champions League dead rubber at FC Midtjylland on December 9.

Assume that means he trained rather than he was just there ?

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/breaking-liverpool-injury-news-matip-19637185

Tsimikas has resumed training. He is in the photos

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/422709-training-photos-liverpool-gear-up-for-man-utd-showdown

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #323 on: January 15, 2021, 07:49:32 pm »
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Online HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: January 15, 2021, 07:49:57 pm »
 ;D

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: January 15, 2021, 08:21:22 pm »
Can't remember when the first "let's twat these manc bastards" threads came up but it definitely feels like one of them.
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: January 15, 2021, 08:31:47 pm »
I've got a bad feeling about this.

Oddly, I'm quite looking forward to it. I'm usually apprehensive before virtually every game for one reason or another. But I'm feeling really optimistic for this one. Maybe it's because I still think they're pretty shit despite their position and all the bizarre decisions that they've had go for them. Or maybe it's because everything that could go wrong for us this season has done. Yeah, no doubt we've not played well the past few games but with the injuries and crappy decisions we've had, it just feels like there's got to be a point where we're no longer in this bizarro world. No idea why but it feels like that's this game.

Although no doubt my opinion will change come Sunday afternoon :P
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #327 on: January 15, 2021, 08:34:59 pm »
I'm sure the refereeing in this game will be far more 'subtle' - if they can contain themselves.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #328 on: January 15, 2021, 08:41:29 pm »
Oddly, I'm quite looking forward to it. I'm usually apprehensive before virtually every game for one reason or another. But I'm feeling really optimistic for this one. Maybe it's because I still think they're pretty shit despite their position and all the bizarre decisions that they've had go for them. Or maybe it's because everything that could go wrong for us this season has done. Yeah, no doubt we've not played well the past few games but with the injuries and crappy decisions we've had, it just feels like there's got to be a point where we're no longer in this bizarro world. No idea why but it feels like that's this game.

Although no doubt my opinion will change come Sunday afternoon :P
This is exactly where I'm at. It's time for the tide to turn, for them to stop getting penalties, dodgy VAR calls and deflections, and become the average club we all know they are. It's time for our injuries to stop, the team to gel again, and shake off the form of the last few games.

Think Jurgen will have them in mentality monster mode leading up to this game, and I'm strangely relaxed about this one despite the significance.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #329 on: January 15, 2021, 09:03:17 pm »
Matip hopefully back, we’ll have a very strong side out. Hopefully a week together training will have done wonders.

Confidence is high, repeat, confidence is high.

Offline Gray Hamster

• Not bong eyed but quite fond of little furry things.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: January 15, 2021, 09:11:32 pm »
Matip hopefully back, we’ll have a very strong side out. Hopefully a week together training will have done wonders.

Beautiful, huge reality check coming their way, can’t wait.....

Online darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: January 15, 2021, 09:19:22 pm »
they are top now against the champions away from home. There is huge pressure on them which they dont tend to handle very well when you consider previous big games with a lot riding on it e.g the leipzig game

if we play as well as we can i reckon we can smash them. its just our current form that worries me.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: January 15, 2021, 09:52:26 pm »

I'm feeling pretty confident about this as well. Not that it means anything - but something about the last 3 shit results in the league - have me believing the team isn't going to be happy and that we are about to go on a big winning streak.

Offline Gray Hamster

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: January 15, 2021, 10:05:52 pm »
I'm feeling pretty confident about this as well. Not that it means anything - but something about the last 3 shit results in the league - have me believing the team isn't going to be happy and that we are about to go on a big winning streak.
The important thing is that Henderson is likely now freed up to play in midfield, probably alongside Thiago and Gini.  That is a big deal.  Any notion that Utd think they can focus their attention on stopping our full backs, will play right into our hands. Those 3 will absolutely dominate the Utd midfield of Fernandes, Pogba Matic/James/Fred.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 10:08:25 pm by Gray Hamster »

Offline LeoT

• ayer - makes me feel like daaaancin'...... Is now officially a wannabeliever......
  • Anny Roader
  • My cup is barely even half empty
« Reply #334 on: January 15, 2021, 10:08:43 pm »
Imagine if Matip was fit and Klopp went with this?

Alisson
Trent - Williams - Matip - Robbo
Fabinho
Hendo ------ Gini
Salah - Firmino - Mane

I say that because I am a big believer in square pegs in square holes, and round in round holes.
That team would easily outplay ManU, and score goals as it did last season, it's 1 player away from the team that beat absolutely everyone in the last 2 seasons.

Then maybe sub Matip off for Thiago after 60 min, moving Fabinho to centre back.

Liverpool   4:0  ManU

(forgot to mention there'll be a red card for Pogba for twatting Maguire after the 3rd goal).

« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 10:11:51 pm by LeoT »
My cup is barely even half empty

Offline Gray Hamster

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: January 15, 2021, 10:23:19 pm »

Alisson
Fabinho
Hendo ------ Gini
Salah - Firmino - Mane

I say that because I am a big believer in square pegs in square holes, and round in round holes.
That team would easily outplay ManU, and score goals as it did last season, it's 1 player away from the team that beat absolutely everyone in the last 2 seasons.

Then maybe sub Matip off for Thiago after 60 min, moving Fabinho to centre back.

(forgot to mention there'll be a red card for Pogba for twatting Maguire after the 3rd goal).

Whilst i agree with your square pegs in round holes, no way is Klopp going to expose Williams to the pace of Rashford/Martial etc.  It’ll be Fab and Matip (if fit) at the back. I personally am more than happy with a mid of Hendo, Thiago and Gini.   If our boys turn up on Sunday we are winning this game 9 out of 10 times.

Online darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: January 15, 2021, 10:23:22 pm »

Alisson
Fabinho
Hendo ------ Gini
Salah - Firmino - Mane

not sure about Williams in a game like this but perhaps it might work ok if Martial is out and Cavani plays up front. would be nice to have Fabinho back in midfield.

Online bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: January 15, 2021, 10:54:08 pm »
Wolves, Leicester, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal... all dispatched with ease so far this season in the bigger games. Nothing to suggest this will be any different, but I’m thoroughly enjoying their fans’ headiness over being top. That bump is going to be satisfying on Sunday night.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #338 on: January 15, 2021, 11:28:42 pm »
Don't really care about who starts at CB with Fabinho as unless they have a completely diabolical display at best we're going to give up 2-3 half chances (or 1 good chance). Maybe they convert one, maybe they don't.  Biggest thing is going to be our own attack as ManU will cede possession to us, what can we do with it?  Hopefully something better than our recent displays.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #339 on: January 15, 2021, 11:32:54 pm »
Not without defenders.

They've got none either
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: January 15, 2021, 11:38:50 pm »
The players are talking themselves up about being in the title race and we're not even halfway through the season. This is all going to end in tears, they're going to crumble as soon as they drop points somewhere.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #341 on: January 15, 2021, 11:43:21 pm »
They've got none either
This is a very good point that everyone seems to have completely overlooked. If we had their first choice CB he'd be lucky to make the bench tomorrow.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Online smutchin

• Legacy Fan
Liverpool vs Manchester United, 17 January 2021, 4:30 PM
« Reply #342 on: January 15, 2021, 11:44:49 pm »
Whilst i agree with your square pegs in round holes, no way is Klopp going to expose Williams to the pace of Rashford/Martial etc.  It’ll be Fab and Matip (if fit) at the back. I personally am more than happy with a mid of Hendo, Thiago and Gini.   If our boys turn up on Sunday we are winning this game 9 out of 10 times.

It definitely won’t be Williams (or Phillips). Possibly Matip but most likely Hendo alongside Fab, I’d say, with Gini, Thiago, Curtis in midfield.

Hendo’s experience trumps Williams being the square peg, and with Thiago available we can afford to drop a midfielder back (far from ideal though, obviously).

That’s my guess at how Klopp sees things. I may be wrong. If Matip is fit to play, it’s a no-brainer, but I think Klopp will be circumspect about bringing him back unless he’s 100% sure he’s ready.

In any case, I think we’ll be fired up enough to give these twats a good twatting. Right in the twat. I’m still extremely nervous about the game though. But excited at the same time.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 11:47:23 pm by smutchin »

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: January 15, 2021, 11:49:25 pm »
Can't wait for this now. Utd players getting nice and cocky in the press.

Just turn them over and see how they go from there.

Two wins in four days would do us the world of good. Just get the first sorted. Don't care how

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: January 15, 2021, 11:51:49 pm »

Alisson
Fabinho
Hendo ------ Gini
Salah - Firmino - Mane

If Matip is fit, we will be playing our strongest XI ...

Mane - Firmino - Salah

Wijnaldum - Thiago - Henderson

Robertson - Fabinho - Matip - TAA

Alisson

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #345 on: January 16, 2021, 12:13:24 am »
To provide a rather more technical insight into the outcome of Sunday's game -

- we're gonna fuckin smash 'em.

:)

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: January 16, 2021, 12:16:05 am »
Heads gone.

In truth my head went after the Southampton game and the Villa game was always a welcome reprieve (even before they had to field the U23s)

We’re a much better team than they are abs the clever money is on us winning, but with us against those c*nts you never know (although the majority of the upsets over the years have occurred with the home team winning.)

I know it’s a controversial point but this will always be the biggest one in the league for me. Years of going to OT and Goodison and I finally saw us win at OT with that 4-1, I finally saw us beat them at Anfield when Babel got the winner and it was like heaven on earth - perhaps it was because we beat the blues weekly but for me the rivalry with the blues was always bigger but this meant more because the rivalry was there and you were beating a title challenger.

Anyway. Up the reds. Not been able to engage in much of this all week as I’m fucking sick thinking about this.

Get me a padded cell and a crate of ale on Sunday.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #347 on: January 16, 2021, 12:23:05 am »
To provide a rather more technical insight into the outcome of Sunday's game -

- we're gonna fuckin smash 'em.

:)

Is right, T. No-one should be in any doubt about that. Keep talking you mealy mouthed manc mongrels
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #348 on: January 16, 2021, 12:34:38 am »
Is right, T. No-one should be in any doubt about that. Keep talking you mealy mouthed manc mongrels

;D

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: January 16, 2021, 12:42:35 am »
Matip being fit is massive for us .Will make a huge difference at set pieces and will push our midfield up at least another 10-15 yards. We know how they will play so its all about nullifying the supply to Rashford and with Henderson and Gini further  up the pitch to press it will help .He will play McTominoy and have him kick Thiago all game but our midfield will run rings around their statues. Just need to take our chances when they come.

Offline d.arn

• Kopite
« Reply #350 on: January 16, 2021, 12:42:48 am »
We’ll win, we’re better.

They look decent in the best spell they’ve had in 6 years. We are one of the best club sides in the last decade. Firmino will score. As will Salah. Done.

Online 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #351 on: January 16, 2021, 01:11:08 am »
We’ll win, we’re better.

They look decent in the best spell they’ve had in 6 years. We are one of the best club sides in the last decade. Firmino will score. As will Salah. Done.
I've a feeling Fabinho will score for us. Either one of his annual thunderbastards or a header from a set play

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: January 16, 2021, 06:45:05 am »
Wish we could pay our respects to Gerry. As much as we dislike the mancs, I'm sure there's a few of them if they were in the ground would've done the same.

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: January 16, 2021, 07:17:47 am »
“I know Ole said that this is the best moment to play against Liverpool… yeah? Let’s see.”

We're ready for the manc c*nts.

COME ON YOU FUCKING RED MEN!  :champ

Offline Ipcress

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #354 on: January 16, 2021, 07:30:52 am »

Alisson
Fabinho
Hendo ------ Gini
Salah - Firmino - Mane

So presumably you would play a central defence of Williams and Phillips? if Matip was still out. Might be time you learnt from Klopp to judge people on their abilities and potential rather than by a label.
The sort of people that seek power, are exactly the sort that should be kept away from it.

Offline The-Originals

• Main Stander
« Reply #355 on: January 16, 2021, 07:32:14 am »
If Matip is fit, we will be playing our strongest XI ...

Mane - Firmino - Salah

Wijnaldum - Thiago - Henderson

Robertson - Fabinho - Matip - TAA

Alisson

this

Allez Allez Allez.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #356 on: January 16, 2021, 09:18:44 am »
Holy shit, I just read that this will be Thiago's Anfield debut. It shows how much shit this team has been through this season....
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline 12Kings

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: January 16, 2021, 09:20:59 am »
Get me a padded cell and a crate of ale on Sunday.

Hahaha yeah this is how I play out these games vs them usually also 😂

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: January 16, 2021, 09:41:23 am »
I've been dreading this all week, but in fairness to TAW they have me feeling a lot more optimistic now. And for the first time I can recall this season, we seem to have an advantage in preparation over our opponents.

I think Klopp is playing mindgames with Matip - its not in his (Klopp's) previous history to throw someone in with so little prep. Burnley mid-week then rest him again in the FA Cup for me.

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: January 16, 2021, 09:51:14 am »
I've been dreading this all week, but in fairness to TAW they have me feeling a lot more optimistic now. And for the first time I can recall this season, we seem to have an advantage in preparation over our opponents.

I think Klopp is playing mindgames with Matip - its not in his (Klopp's) previous history to throw someone in with so little prep. Burnley mid-week then rest him again in the FA Cup for me.
Didn’t he do precisely that when Matip came back from his previous injury?

This is the least optimistic I’ve been before playing these in a long while. My concern is the rut our attack is in.