Author Topic: Hull City 1 - Liverpool 0  (Read 154132 times)

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Hull City 1 - Liverpool 0
« Reply #680 on: April 28, 2015, 10:46:20 pm »
Annoys the fuck out of me this. We didn't spend 100m, we spent the Suarez cash and 20m ish on top of that. Net spend is the only relevant factor. And the fact is, when it comes to it, FSG don't put their hands in their pockets like the other big teams above us do.
So in other words, we spent 100m?
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #681 on: April 28, 2015, 10:46:34 pm »
I love how everyone knows what Klopp is thinking/would want. Must all be good mates with him

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #682 on: April 28, 2015, 10:46:42 pm »
Annoys the fuck out of me this. We didn't spend 100m, we spent the Suarez cash and 20m ish on top of that. Net spend is the only relevant factor. And the fact is, when it comes to it, FSG don't put their hands in their pockets like the other big teams above us do.

Very true. We've had a net spend of £25m for the past 3 windows.

Piss poor that. Fsg aren't blameless. All you will see is £100m but we've spent fuck all in real terms
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #683 on: April 28, 2015, 10:47:12 pm »
Rafa was a saint. Until those aholes removed all financial backing (they were spending money on interest payments for their leveraged buyout) he was doing well and assembling a good team. Sure, he had his share of misses in transfer windows but a lot of good hits too. Miss those european nights. There was belief we could beat anyone and often we did.
Good old times. He was a winner that one.

And even he got hounded out on RAWK.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #684 on: April 28, 2015, 10:47:14 pm »
Seems like this was a good game to Boycott, well done SOS

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #685 on: April 28, 2015, 10:47:29 pm »

Fact still remains that money was absolutely wasted.

At least the owners gave him the full Suarez cash, IN one whole go
Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!
KIMI RAIKKONEN LEGEND WDC 2007
Gomes flapping at a ball looks like a sealion trying to have a wank!

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #686 on: April 28, 2015, 10:47:43 pm »
Rafa had the tumours asset stripping the club.
Rodgers just spunked 120 million on fucking shite.
Rafa had actually won trophies in his first 3 years as well.  There's no comparison for me.

you do realise that unlike a few in this thread FS defended Rafa when the jackals some in this thread (They know who they are) moaned and whined and gave the yanks and Cecil the excuse to sack him. There is no comparison but as long as Ayre is here and breathing you will never see Rafa back with us.
I cant work out why some people keep wishing for the impossible
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #687 on: April 28, 2015, 10:47:45 pm »
A pet peev of mine this season is the official website insistence of referring to any defeat as a "reversal".

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/184337-reds-suffer-hull-city-reversal

Now when I was at school a reversal was a wrestling term, as in "mai gawd Stone Cold, what a reversal into a Stunner".

Getting  beat by Hull was a "defeat" not a "reversal". WTF, sort your fucking writers out LFC.
Football is a lie

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #688 on: April 28, 2015, 10:47:48 pm »
Wtf is with this mentality of such a body won't come here, we can't attract x player? It's absolute defeatist drivel. We are Liverpool ffs.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #689 on: April 28, 2015, 10:47:52 pm »
Some of biggest hypocrites in our fan base seem to be present on these boards. Love Rodgers when it all goes right, and kick him to the curb when it all turns to pot.

Rodgers isn’t solely responsible for our problems. The main culprits are the muppets who orchestrated one of the poorest contingency plans in the history of our club after losing a world class player, those who masquerade as scouts and give glowing reviews on players who are never cut out to play for a club like Liverpool, and those that employ a flawed transfer strategy that is ultimately immersed in buying young players who could become potential stars and those that will have a higher sell on fee in the end. This strategy has been a failure, and if they continue to employ this it will continue to leave us 2 steps behind our competitors. We will never get close enough to compete for a league title. FSG have helped bail us out, have turned the commercial side of the club around, but until they have the balls to show enough ambition in the transfer market we will continue to be also rans. The exception was last season, but last season we had a world class player who seemingly and single handily raised the levels of every player around him. We know what works, we know what the solution is, and if those that are employed to make these solutions a reality won’t sanction them then either accept the mediocrity that ensues, or change the strategy altogether.
YWNA

Offline creed111

• Anny Roader
« Reply #690 on: April 28, 2015, 10:48:01 pm »
dont believe everything you read.

how many times did he get caught in possession?

how many times did he pass it sideways/backwards?

how many times did he stand still and let the Hull player nip in in front of him and steal the ball?

he was just as bad as the majority of players in red tonight,dont let stats fool you into thinking he had a good game

So the fact that on several of those, the ball played into him was criminally underhit, means nothing to you? See the whole picture man. If player A doesn't generate any zip or crispness to his pass, how on earth is it player B's fault for not getting to it first.

You must be the type of fan when player B does ever so well to "salvage" player A's pass, you give credit to player A because he completed the pass after all, and none to player B for rescuing it.
"Never forget what you are, the rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you."

- Tyrion

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #691 on: April 28, 2015, 10:48:06 pm »
What a shocking list of strikers that is. They couldn't score in a brothel with a golden cock.

Managed doube figures at other clubs. Just last season Borini got 10 or 11 for Sunderland, The last time balotelli got less than ten was 2008/2009. Lambert got 15. Think Aspas got double figures for Celta before we signed him, on loan at sevilla has more than any of our fit strikers, and got a hat trick in one match.

Not Suarez esque but they have the ability to score goals.

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #692 on: April 28, 2015, 10:48:17 pm »
Why are people blaming the transfer committee for the likes of Lallana, Lovren now? Clear who wanted them

Oh don't worry, I include Rodgers when I refer to the transfer committee.

10 million pounds of prime Italian firepower there.

ANOTHER BANGER FER BRENDAN

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #693 on: April 28, 2015, 10:48:27 pm »

There's been lots of talk on Klopp that he's got a preference for a club like United or Liverpool. City also seemingly want a short term manager until they can lure Pep
I admit I'm kinda just making my own assessment as it's not like I know Klopp.

We'll have to wait and see, but I don't really see any player or manager choosing us over the likes of City or PSG.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #694 on: April 28, 2015, 10:48:40 pm »
I love how everyone knows what Klopp is thinking/would want. Must all be good mates with him

Wind it in Caston, Klopp would hate reading that.
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #695 on: April 28, 2015, 10:48:47 pm »
being real... ;D ....you know fuckall, just like the rest of us know fuckall...stop making out you're some cross between Steve Peters and the amazing fuckin Kreskin
PSG,Man City,Madrid potentially all looking for new managers….Goes to Liverpool. Whose only honour of recent times is the League cup. Yeah I'm really dealing tarot cards. Tool

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #696 on: April 28, 2015, 10:48:49 pm »

You can hide behind it, the fact remains we spent an awful lot of money which should have seen us improve not go backwards.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #697 on: April 28, 2015, 10:49:04 pm »
That`s so wierd because I could of sworn we laid out over £100m last summer on a host of players. That net spend argument is utter bollocks. We had the money, which came from the sale of a player, and we spent it on new players (pretty poorly by the looks of it).

That view just doesn`t make.

Offline Ste08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #698 on: April 28, 2015, 10:49:10 pm »
Net spend is a red herring on this occasion we could have spent £200m and i dont think it would really have made very much difference. I have 3 summers to back that up sometimes throwing good money after bad has to stop.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #699 on: April 28, 2015, 10:49:21 pm »
you do realise that unlike a few in this thread FS defended Rafa when the jackals some in this thread (They know who they are) moaned and whined and gave the yanks and Cecil the excuse to sack him. There is no comparison but as long as Ayre is here and breathing you will never see Rafa back with us.
I cant work out why some people keep wishing for the impossible
I believe it was FS who said that we will live to regret the outing of Rafa for years. (paraphrasing).

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #700 on: April 28, 2015, 10:49:28 pm »
Unfortunately its making Kenny's last poor half season look like the glory days.

Really don't know how we are going to motivate the players for the last four games, but that's not my job. I'd rather we didn't qualify for the Europa league to be honest as it seems like we can't cope with it. 
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #701 on: April 28, 2015, 10:49:44 pm »
Balotelli

Lambert

Aspas

Borini

There's your strikers YOU signed Brendan FUCKING MOTIVATE them

Around £40m too :lmao
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #702 on: April 28, 2015, 10:49:46 pm »

Net spend may be relevant, but the fact is we still had that 100m to spend on players. We had the choice of how we would spend it. We spent the best part of 65m on Lallana, Lovren, Balotelli and Lambert.

Offline Twitter.com

• 140 character limitation. Laugh now but one day he'll be in chorge. Media junkie.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #703 on: April 28, 2015, 10:49:48 pm »
Klopp just beat Pep

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/watch?v=nv_vc_dbX9o" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/watch?v=nv_vc_dbX9o</a>
^ That's what you get for posting twitter shite kids.

Offline Darth Red

• Kopite
« Reply #704 on: April 28, 2015, 10:49:56 pm »
And even he got hounded out on RAWK.
A shame as he was far superior to Brendan

Offline lachesis

• RAWK Scribe
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • МАРКСИСТ
« Reply #705 on: April 28, 2015, 10:50:11 pm »
Managers seem to have been blessed down the years with goalscorers at Liverpool, yet still we lack a title. Souness had Rush, Evans had Fowler (and Collymore), Houllier had Owen, Rafa had Torres....Rodgers had Suarez - for a time. The issues are more deep rooted than just go and buy a striker in the summer that has x ratio of chances to goals. Also, it hints that the real effect of Suarez on our team was greater than Maradona at Napoli.

I think the only metric that is key is 'are the players still playing for the manager?'. In Rafa's last season, performances from Torres in particular were absolutely disgusting, but the rest of the team just looked devoid of any passion or motivation. At the moment, I still see the players trying out there. But the setup of the team and style of play is just a mess. There's no silver bullet to our problems and putting all your hopes and dreams on us acquiring a forward to carry the brunt of the team, raise the play of those around them and also dictate the pace of the game will end in tears. Suarez was special, that's why he doesn't play here any more. But we don't need a direct replacement. The bottom line is that with attacking talent including Coutinho, Lallana, Markovic, Balotelli, Sterling, Ibe, Sturridge (unavailability noted*) a coach/manager building his reputation on expansive, attacking football should be doing better.

Tonight, I saw two players that looked like they didn't belong in this team. Their game was so ahead of every one elses in terms of quality that it was like seeing someone like Le Tissier at Southampton. Those players were Can and Coutinho. They just ooze quality and technique. We're playing decent players out of position at the cost of them actually being influential in the key areas they should be in.

Add to this the summer money - well I don't fucking trust this club with any money at all. We either splurge on dross, buy round pegs for square holes or drag things on so long we miss out or panic buy. I don't trust this rumoured transfer comitee with any money in the summer, I don't trust Brendan Rodgers with money this summer. We made a massive investment last summer and it needs to be reflected better than what it is now. Who bought the players isn't nearly as important as getting the best out of them. I don't care if that means Brendan can't play his perfect system, or it means he needs to adjust his style of play. That's what good managers do - right now Brendan is reminding me a bit of Mark Hughes, just under a larger spotlight at a club with better players.

Time will tell with the larger issues, time I believe Brendan should be given by the way, but these last few games are more important now than ever. Not so much for the results or qualification for Europa League but to prove he can still manage a team, get performances from the large contingent of players who will be here next season and show us what we're working towards.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #706 on: April 28, 2015, 10:50:16 pm »
PSG,Man City,Madrid potentially all looking for new managers….Goes to Liverpool. Whose only honour of recent times is the League cup. Yeah I'm really dealing tarot cards. Tool

Like I said...fuckall
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #707 on: April 28, 2015, 10:50:17 pm »
Whether net spend is a red herring or not.

Spurs' net spend was even lower than ours when Rodgers said they should be fighting for the league
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Online smicer07

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #708 on: April 28, 2015, 10:50:20 pm »
You can hide behind it, the fact remains we spent an awful lot of money which should have seen us improve not go backwards.

But we couldn't spend it on ONE world class striker. We had to spend it on 4 good players instead to bulk out the meagre squad we had. We just don't compete financially.

Online smicer07

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #709 on: April 28, 2015, 10:50:43 pm »
Whether net spend is a red herring or not.

Spurs' net spend was even lower than ours when Rodgers said they should be fighting for the league

Fuck Spurs, irrelevant.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #710 on: April 28, 2015, 10:51:08 pm »
I think he's gone after tonight, I'm not in the knee jerk camp, but based purely on performance from the last 3 games, we've been fucking abysmal, not even close to average, bloody horrific.

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #711 on: April 28, 2015, 10:51:33 pm »
Rodgers's recent press conferences have entailed "we are where we are at, 5th highest wage bill, 5th place", which is forgivable as he's in a tight spot, but, a lot more damningly, he has repeatedly spoken about how unlikely it is to get CL, before Hull, before West Brom (I think) and before Aston Villa (I think). At least twice. That means he had already given up on this season. No surprises then that the players look like they've given up this season too.

So it's not surprising then that we are losing games and can't score, if the manager basically is saying that we have nothing to play for!

I was predicting this Hull game to go like this after the last press conference. He's making his spot tighter and tighter. If we end up lower than 5th I think there's a good chance of him being sacked.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 10:53:25 pm by rscanderlech »

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #712 on: April 28, 2015, 10:51:59 pm »
But we couldn't spend it on ONE world class striker. We had to spend it on 4 good players instead to bulk out the meagre squad we had. We just don't compete financially.

Why?

Offline cox3100

• Would love to congratulate Siralex.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • justice for the 96
« Reply #713 on: April 28, 2015, 10:52:00 pm »
So the fact that on several of those, the ball played into him was criminally underhit, means nothing to you? See the whole picture man. If player A doesn't generate any zip or crispness to his pass, how on earth is it player B's fault for not getting to it first.

You must be the type of fan when player B does ever so well to "salvage" player A's pass, you give credit to player A because he completed the pass after all, and none to player B for rescuing it.
my problem wasnt just Joe Allen,i thought most of the team were absolutely shite tonight,my complaint was somebody saying Joe Allen had a good game,which i honestly thought/think isnt true

Online smicer07

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #714 on: April 28, 2015, 10:52:13 pm »
A shame as he was far superior to Brendan

Well, clearly. But what do I know eh? I always stood behind Rafa and was devastated when he left. It was a travesty. But it was me against the 99% of RAWK back then...

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #715 on: April 28, 2015, 10:52:17 pm »
True, because we had a couple of bottles of Stout last night and he was saying he`s undecided.

These friggin know it alls, eh

Offline QC

• rawks Lionel Hutz, ambulance chaser.Sucks up to the wrong type of Mod.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #716 on: April 28, 2015, 10:52:27 pm »

It's a positive net spend meaning the entirety of the money was reinvested plus more. The net spend is just totally irrelevant given the amount of money we have to reinvest.

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #717 on: April 28, 2015, 10:52:33 pm »
Like I said...fuckall
I was going to reply with something snide but you are not worthy

Online smicer07

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #718 on: April 28, 2015, 10:52:49 pm »
Why?

Well because the squad was small and we had CL games to play, I'd imagine.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #719 on: April 28, 2015, 10:53:33 pm »
Fuck Spurs, irrelevant.

It's not irrelevant when Rodgers himself stated that by spending that kind of money (regardless of net spend), they should have been going for the title.

If that's what he believes, he knows he has failed.