Author Topic: Members Sales  (Read 2099307 times)

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Members Sales
« Reply #16200 on: March 30, 2021, 07:47:37 am »
We'll see

I do hope they'll use last seasons, most of the people I go with only made the jump last season from 4+ to having all 15

I like to expect the worst outcome, then anything better is a nice bonus - it saves the disappointments in life  :D

You’ve been assuring me I’m good with my 13 from 19/20 for about a year and now you’ve done a complete u-turn.

You’re not often wrong tbf, but hope you are this time.

If you are rewarding loyalty then you use 19/20 it’s as simple as that.

If you dont give a fuck about fans and just want to make life easier for yourself then you can skip an entire (95% ) of a season and reward fans who might not have gone to a single game in the title winning 19/20 season instead.

Lets hope they do the right thing

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16201 on: March 30, 2021, 07:49:10 am »
But we are not, its not all going to be magically back to normal.  There will be greater requirement to know who is in the stadium for contact tracing.
I mean in terms of it being a full stadium. And those requirements come with fan update and mobile phone tickets

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #16202 on: March 30, 2021, 08:02:30 am »
You’ve been assuring me I’m good with my 13 from 19/20 for about a year and now you’ve done a complete u-turn.

I know, but that was before what they did in December and what they've said in their season ticket announcements. Something just doesn't quite sit right.... they've still not started fan update up again for members who renewed

I think one thing is for cert, as members we will not gain credit for any games attended in 21/22 - I'd put money on that one
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 10:54:20 am by 30fiver »

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #16203 on: March 30, 2021, 08:07:32 am »
I think they should give priority to those who purchased a ticket for the European Cup Final in 2005 priority because that benefits me.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #16204 on: March 30, 2021, 10:07:05 am »
100% going back to 18/19, it makes the most sense.  Too many ifs, buts and maybes to do it any other way.  People had tickets cancelled and a load of people who could and would have bought in the late sales couldn't get them.  They will keep it clean and use 18/19 for next year and the year after I would think.  Next year will be a free hit across the board with no games credits accrued.

I reckon they will use 19/20 for the cup games though, we were knocked out of all three so they were complete, no point in going back to 18/19 for them.

I like the idea that next season is a free hit and understandably so whilst some regulars will be apprehensive about returning too soon.

This might also help a few people to get to a game that couldn’t previously get a ticket. Really can’t wait to get in the ground now, it feels like an eternity since the Madrid game

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16205 on: March 30, 2021, 10:10:52 am »
Glad I got out of this rat race last summer.

Yeah, the lack of stadium capacity has forced people into buying tickets even when they may not even want to go that game just so they can stay on the ladder.

The cup games are my priority and a couple of league games a season if I can pick up a ticket.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16206 on: March 30, 2021, 01:08:42 pm »
I think they should give priority to those who purchased a ticket for the European Cup Final in 2005 priority because that benefits me.

You see this is the thing.

I just want them to do the same thing that they have done since beginning of time and reward loyalty for the previous season.

Hardly like I want them to do a whole different thing just for me, is it

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16207 on: March 30, 2021, 03:54:53 pm »
I like the idea that next season is a free hit and understandably so whilst some regulars will be apprehensive about returning too soon.

This might also help a few people to get to a game that couldn’t previously get a ticket. Really can’t wait to get in the ground now, it feels like an eternity since the Madrid game

If next season is a free hit, and no games are credited, then what criteria do they use for the sales in 22/23 season? Go back to a partial season in 19/20, or go back 4 years to 18/19?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16208 on: March 30, 2021, 03:57:28 pm »

If you are rewarding loyalty then you use 19/20 it’s as simple as that.

If you dont give a fuck about fans and just want to make life easier for yourself then you can skip an entire (95% ) of a season and reward fans who might not have gone to a single game in the title winning 19/20 season instead.

Lets hope they do the right thing

79%  :lickin
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16209 on: March 30, 2021, 04:48:20 pm »
If next season is a free hit, and no games are credited, then what criteria do they use for the sales in 22/23 season? Go back to a partial season in 19/20, or go back 4 years to 18/19?

I honestly don’t know. I do think though you can’t really just forgot about the games people went to last season completely, it was a title winning season after all  ;D

See what happens

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #16210 on: March 30, 2021, 05:01:10 pm »

I just want them to do the same thing that they have done since beginning of time and reward loyalty for the previous season.

Are you crediting the people who had tickets for the games at the end of season?

So for instance someone who actually went to 9 games last season. Had the last four. But they don't get the credit for that.

I realise it's a straw man argument but however they go, someone will probably drop out through no fault of their own

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16211 on: March 30, 2021, 05:22:12 pm »

I don't think anyone is arguing just the club didn't use that criteria for this season and why others are saying it will probably be 18/19 season they use.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #16212 on: March 30, 2021, 05:30:41 pm »
The way I see it is that the CL, FA Cup and League Cup should be easy to sort.  If you had ACS last season then you should be guaranteed ACS moving forward as that is what the club said would happen.  even if the stadium is at reduced capacity then ACS members should get priority over anyone who wasn't in the ACS.

The big problem is what they do with the PL credits, use the credits from 19/20 up until fans were stopped from attending, go back to the previous full season?  This is where they have a huge problem and there's still all the uncertainty of whether or not stadiums will be at full capacity next season.  If they're not then will next season be a free hit?  So many questions and possibilities......

The club won't have a clue what they're going to do until there is clear direction from the government and The FA as to how stadiums can operate from next season.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #16213 on: March 30, 2021, 07:22:04 pm »
Are you crediting the people who had tickets for the games at the end of season?

So for instance someone who actually went to 9 games last season. Had the last four. But they don't get the credit for that.

I realise it's a straw man argument but however they go, someone will probably drop out through no fault of their own
the thing is the club know the exact numbers so they can work out how many people are eligible at each number, it's hard to say how many people had 9 plus the last 4, it couldn't be a huge number,

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16214 on: March 30, 2021, 07:24:26 pm »
I'm certainly not advocating for it to go back to 18/19
I'd lose out on MK Dons away credits I got in the members free for all and my first full CL season
absolutely zero reason to not use 19/20 cups, If I lose my league it's whatever but getting full European and having that fucked off too? No thanks I'll sit it out and Thomas Cook my way to a match a year

Online davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16215 on: March 30, 2021, 07:39:27 pm »
For league could go back to 18/19 (or whatever it was I can’t even remember it anymore!)
Then for those who had a certain amount in the 19/20 give them priority access or something to the next lot of available tickets. Like instead of 19 then 13 then 0 just stagger it.
Mind you I don’t know how that would even work just talking out loud here.
Could see complaints about a closed shop then so get that as well.
Club will just have to run the numbers. Could give special treatment to some or something.
It’s the ones who would have bought or would have reached a magic number it’s not possible to use that information based on ‘I would have purchased’.
In conclusion. No idea.
I do think less will go next season.
Lots holding on to win the league.(Me)
Lots just going out of habit and pattern (me)
The break has given a break that would never previously have happened so some will use the opportunity to change.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 07:41:53 pm by davidsteventon »

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16216 on: March 30, 2021, 09:45:05 pm »

Well no because they didn't actually attend the games

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #16217 on: March 30, 2021, 10:15:23 pm »
Yeah, the lack of stadium capacity has forced people into buying tickets even when they may not even want to go that game just so they can stay on the ladder.

The cup games are my priority and a couple of league games a season if I can pick up a ticket.

It’s mad, I can remember Chelsea & Man City midweek having shed loads of Corporate blocks sold as normal seats on the day of the match just to get a full house back in 2016. Next thing you know 9000 more seats are in the ground & tickets are like wooden rocking horse shit.

Offline Shaneee.

• Siannn's alter ego
  • Anny Roader
  • Y N W A
« Reply #16218 on: March 31, 2021, 02:31:23 pm »
I hit the magic number last year after years of trying but if they use credits for the 18/19 season going forward, the last few years has been a whole waste of time trying to get to the magic number 13

You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #16219 on: March 31, 2021, 02:50:54 pm »
they are damned if they do and damned if they don't on this.  I will be staggered if they don't go back to 18/19, I know people won't like it for valid reasons but it is the cleanest way to do it.  Too many ifs buts and maybes on 19/20.

It is a change in policy but this is not a normal period and we will hopefully never have this problem again but I do think they have an impossible task here, they cannot treat things as normal

Offline CornerTakenQuickly

• ORIGAAAAAAAAMIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kopite
  • I am a Liverpudlian and I come from the Spion Kop
« Reply #16220 on: March 31, 2021, 02:58:45 pm »
they are damned if they do and damned if they don't on this.  I will be staggered if they don't go back to 18/19, I know people won't like it for valid reasons but it is the cleanest way to do it.  Too many ifs buts and maybes on 19/20.

It is a change in policy but this is not a normal period and we will hopefully never have this problem again but I do think they have an impossible task here, they cannot treat things as normal

By this logic if the league couldn't have been finished last season, we should have just null and voided it.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 03:04:47 pm by CornerTakenQuickly »

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #16221 on: March 31, 2021, 03:00:07 pm »
I hit the magic number last year after years of trying but if they use credits for the 18/19 season going forward, the last few years has been a whole waste of time trying to get to the magic number 13

Was that without the final 4 games? I imagine there's a few people who finally got to 13 before the season was stopped who would be gutted if they use 18/19.

No way they'll count the final four though, they've already been removed off our purchase histories.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #16222 on: March 31, 2021, 03:02:24 pm »

Yeah, any decisions that are made will have a Covid caveat and there's always going to be a group of people who will just have to suck it up unfortunately, but such is the world we're living in right now. Previous policies will likely have to fall by the wayside for a season or two while things get back on an even keel (hopefully).
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Shaneee.

• Siannn's alter ego
  • Anny Roader
  • Y N W A
« Reply #16223 on: March 31, 2021, 04:11:01 pm »
Was that without the final 4 games? I imagine there's a few people who finally got to 13 before the season was stopped who would be gutted if they use 18/19.

No way they'll count the final four though, they've already been removed off our purchase histories.

Yes without, I also had Villa and Burnley which were refunded

You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16224 on: March 31, 2021, 04:25:56 pm »

No there isn't. There were 15 games of a title winning season that people attended.

Adjust the criteria accordingly.

Offline Shaneee.

• Siannn's alter ego
  • Anny Roader
  • Y N W A
« Reply #16225 on: March 31, 2021, 04:30:38 pm »
No there isn't. There were 15 games of a title winning season that people attended.

15 from 19 home games is more than enough. There has to be something taken into account for last season - cant just say oh them credits count for fcuk all just because it might suit and make it easier

You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #16226 on: March 31, 2021, 04:36:51 pm »
By this logic if the league couldn't have been finished last season, we should have just null and voided it.

Totally different, this is not about null and void at all.  The club have to balance the valid points on here with the likely hundreds or thousands of people who had over 13 games but then had them swiped away due to the pandemic, you can imagine the amount of calls they will get from those people.

"i will pay to have the credit back"   or "you are punishing me for something out of my control"

then what about the people who buy in the late sales and couldn't?

I am not being biased I am just saying no matter what they do, people are going to be cheesed off.

Personally i think they will go with 18/19 as it provides the cleanest route and easiest to justify.

The pandemic has changed everything for at least a couple of years.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16227 on: March 31, 2021, 04:37:26 pm »

it's not even a hard process, it's just working out numbers which the ticket office have full access too

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #16228 on: March 31, 2021, 04:39:19 pm »

Would you be saying that if you had 13 credits reduced to 9 because of the pandemic and the last four games being cancelled?

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #16229 on: March 31, 2021, 04:40:59 pm »
it's not even a hard process, it's just working out numbers which the ticket office have full access too

It is a hard though because for every supporter like you there will be a dozen more who had games cancelled and want the credit back.

Rightly or wrongly, that is what the club will have to deal with.

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #16230 on: March 31, 2021, 04:50:27 pm »
Well no because they didn't actually attend the games

By this argument, ONLY people who went to the game themselves should be credited, not if they have passed it on or not turned up at all of which we know there are hundreds every game.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16231 on: March 31, 2021, 05:09:20 pm »
By this argument, ONLY people who went to the game themselves should be credited, not if they have passed it on or not turned up at all of which we know there are hundreds every game.
if only they actually bothered to implement a system where this could be done

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16232 on: March 31, 2021, 05:11:33 pm »
It is a hard though because for every supporter like you there will be a dozen more who had games cancelled and want the credit back.

I think the only  difficulty for the club is selling tickets and then not being allowed those fans in the ground but they can easily work out the credit numbers by just using 10/15 from 19/20 instead of 13/19

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16233 on: March 31, 2021, 06:27:53 pm »

Well those people just need to be told they can't have a credit for game they didn't attend.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16234 on: March 31, 2021, 06:28:27 pm »

Well yes, of course they should.

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #16235 on: March 31, 2021, 06:33:28 pm »
if only they actually bothered to implement a system where this could be done

This is coming, I am sure of it

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #16236 on: March 31, 2021, 06:34:19 pm »
Well those people just need to be told they can't have a credit for game they didn't attend.

which is easy to say but not implement,  anyway as I said I will be staggered if they don't go with 18/19 for a number of reasons.

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #16237 on: March 31, 2021, 06:35:09 pm »
Well yes, of course they should.

Can't make my mind up if you are being incredibly condescending or agreeing here?!?

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #16238 on: March 31, 2021, 06:39:10 pm »
my prediction:

No credits given for any games next season at all
Use 19/20 for cup games as all the comps were completed (unfortunately)
Use 18/19 for the Premier League games for the same reason as above.

Big question is do they do something to help those who have reached 13 last season but not the year before.....

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #16239 on: March 31, 2021, 06:41:06 pm »
my prediction:

No credits given for any games next season at all
Use 19/20 for cup games as all the comps were completed (unfortunately)
Use 18/19 for the Premier League games for the same reason as above.

Big question is do they do something to help those who have reached 13 last season but not the year before.....

You say this with the confidence of someone who has had some info rather than this being a prediction  ;)